Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

Made "Princess Protection Agency" shirts for the boys!

we leave on sunday! I just made these today - super easy with iron on transfers.

We're going to wear these to their princess lunch at Epcot

UPDATE - here's the boys with Belle at Akershus

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!

Last edited by GoldieLocks5; 07-05-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: update with photo
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
ktrask
Mouseketeer

Very cute! I'm sure they will get some great responses with those on
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

I don't get the joke. A criminal in a "criminal protection agency" has their appearance changed so not to be recognized by other criminals who would do them harm. Are the boys supposed to be princesses dressed as boys so their wicked stepmother won't recognize them?

I'm not sure you're going to get the response you were expecting. "Which undercover princess are you and who are you hiding from?"

It looks more like a shirt you'd give to a little girl who doesn't want to dress up like a princess, but still wants to be treated like one.

Last edited by Jonathan Swift; 04-29-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

My guess is its a reference to the Disney movie?

They had boy agents in the PPA...
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
I don't get the joke. A criminal in a "criminal protection agency" has their appearance changed so not to be recognized by other criminals who would do them harm. Are the boys supposed to be princesses dressed as boys so their wicked stepmother won't recognize them?

I'm not sure you're going to get the response you were expecting. "Which undercover princess are you and who are you hiding from?"

It looks more like a shirt you'd give to a little girl who doesn't want to dress up like a princess, but still wants to be treated like one.
I'm not trying to get any response - I don't care what others think - it's just a fun thing for my boys to pretend the are agents in an agency that protects princesses - not too hard to get. I think you are reading WAY too far into it.

and yes- there is a Disney movie with a princess protection program, that has agents who protect princesses as well.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
t_daniels

Have fun with it! :-)

Are you doing 1900 PF? I read one family who had their boys take toy rings to the Tremaine sisters. Got a fabulous, fun, reaction..
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
t_daniels

Maybe get them cheap little walkie talkies, or something, as well. They gotta ensure the safety of those princesses!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

"Princess Protection Program" was a movie for boys or girls?

This is a Disney Protection Program T-Shirt:

Do you think it's for a boy or girl?
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift

Have you even seen the movie?

They're saying the agents who protected the Princesses were boys, as well as girls.

Yes, the Princesses were girls.

Op is trying to do something cute for her boys. End of story. Don't be mean, if it's what they want.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

OPs kids are barely 4yo twins and a 6yo. They're not 16yos. The colouring and font make them seem kind of uniform-like which suggests they're the agents protecting the princesses. It's meant to be cute and get a fun response from the princesses, somethign to the effect of how these little men will be the powerful protectors of the princesses they'll meet at their princess meal. If you don't think it's cute then it's ok to just shake your head and move along. No need to be insulting.

My kids will do things at WDW they wouldn't be caught dead doing in front of their friends. That doesn't mean they shouldn't do them at WDW.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post

My kids nor I have ever seen the movie - but we don't label movies as boy or girl movies --- my 3 sons watch anything - we're not homophobic in our house, and don't worry that a more feminine movie will turn our children gay - which seems to be what you are hinting at - or afraid of yourself. Sad, really.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Those shirts are great! Are they going to wear sunglasses to go with them? I think it would be adorable if they walked into the Princess meal with those shirts and dark glasses! It is a shame you can't borrow a little girl to go with you. I've seen some pictures of families that have done similar shirts for the boys and then the little sister is all dressed up as a Princess. Such a cute concept!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm
Those shirts are great! Are they going to wear sunglasses to go with them? I think it would be adorable if they walked into the Princess meal with those shirts and dark glasses! It is a shame you can't borrow a little girl to go with you. I've seen some pictures of families that have done similar shirts for the boys and then the little sister is all dressed up as a Princess. Such a cute concept!
That's brilliant.:-)
Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

What a cute idea! I love the shirts.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Those are adorable! You just need some dark sunglasses to go with the look. Hmmm, maybe DS needs to be that shirt as a protector for DD's princess debut!

FYI, ignore anyone bagging on it. Don't know what the movie or anything is about. I get it -- like Secret Service or other protection agency. And just about everyone will as well.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: