Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran

The one about them raising the ticket rates.

Only joking, that one isn't probabbly a rumor
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
I like the rumor about building a DVC resort with a back gate to DHS.
I would like to see this, but Disney would be wise to first start Star Wars and/or Pixar expansions. Similar to VGF DVC opening after Fantasyland expansion.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #18
cush1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
I would say that Pixar and Star Wars expansions are a safe bet.

I agree. And it is going to be so cool!

DIS Dad's Club member #454

Adam Jenny Lilly Hannah

Sarasota Springs Nov '13 * Pop Sept '13 * OKW Grand Villa Family '11 * Pop Century Mar '10
All Star Movies '07 * Port Orleans Riverside HONEYMOON '06 * Dolphin '94
cush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
I would like to see this, but Disney would be wise to first start Star Wars and/or Pixar expansions. Similar to VGF DVC opening after Fantasyland expansion.
Frankly, I see the two coming at the same time. It would all depend on where the new Star Wars or Pixar expansions would be located. The building of a new gate requires IMHO an expansion of the park.

You don't just plop a new gate in between two existing attractions.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #20
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

Not a huge fan of Star Wars (RUNS FOR COVER) However, I do love me some Tony Stark. So, Marvel something would be for me. And I am glad to hear it will be at DHS. I would die if I saw Hulk smashing Cinderella Castle. I may throw my flip flop at him.
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/qclo93tkqequauum.png[/img][/link]
think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
happylaughingcow
Earning My Ears

Im thinking after the remodelling (or refilming should we say?) of star tours they would definitely improove DHS by adding to that area.

Theres lots of new blood star wars fans (my 6 and 9 year old nieces have been watching and loving the movies since they were tots!) so it would generate lots of potential new visitors who might not even be massive "disney" fans

With money being spent on the Avatar land at AK in the next couple of years though I bet we wont see anything until 2018
Old 05-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

Last month DH and I went to check out SSR- our home resort but we bought sight unseen and wanted a tour...yada yada yada... the guide told us that a Star Wars World was in the works. I said, "WORLD??" he said, "well you don't think we spent all that money on the rights just to sell a couple t-shirts did you?"

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran

Carsland in WDW. It is just gonna take a while.
XGrumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #24
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post
he said, "well you don't think we spent all that money on the rights just to sell a couple t-shirts did you?"
He's cute... But dumb. Star Wars has been the top worldwide grossing license for 10 of the last 11 years... And that covers periods of terrible new product and no new product...

That was what the 4 billion was for... That and to run with the characters to make more movies for more money and more stuff...vicious cycle

So the answer of whether "we" (wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" ) would spend all that money and not starting building more billions on construction?....is a resounding "yes"

Now they will build things based on Star Wars...that's pretty apparent. But the quip was just wrong and out of touch.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #25
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
He's cute... But dumb. Star Wars has been the top worldwide grossing license for 10 of the last 11 years... And that covers periods of terrible new product and no new product...

That was what the 4 billion was for... That and to run with the characters to make more movies for more money and more stuff...vicious cycle

So the answer of whether "we" (wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" ) would spend all that money and not starting building more billions on construction?....is a resounding "yes"

Now they will build things based on Star Wars...that's pretty apparent. But the quip was just wrong and out of touch.
Not to mention that the guy is a salesman-- The more people he can get to believe star wars land is coming, the more time shares he can sell.
beer dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #26
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What is your beef with CMs? You are almost constantly trying to disrespect them, and downplay their importance.
dairylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairylives View Post
What is your beef with CMs? You are almost constantly trying to disrespect them, and downplay their importance.
It's not a beef with cast members-- its an attempt to convey the fact that they are not high on the need to know list or even on the allowed to know list, so the rumors they spread are no more reliable than anything you hear unsubstantiated by Disney on the internet.
beer dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

Quote:

"wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" - LOL! I know to take what we hear from Cast Members with a grain of salt but since this IS the rumors board I figured I'd share my experience.

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #29
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
It's not a beef with cast members-- its an attempt to convey the fact that they are not high on the need to know list or even on the allowed to know list, so the rumors they spread are no more reliable than anything you hear unsubstantiated by Disney on the internet.
lockedoutlogic has a bizarre pattern of trying to discredit every CM that gets mentioned in these threads. He is usually very vehement in making sure everyone on the board understands that they are not "special". If it was just one comment, i would just assume, as you said, that he is just reiterating that they are typically not given insider information, but it appears to be a superiority complex or some deep-seated resentment or other issues.

long story short: this isn't the first time he's gone out of his way to remind us how unimportant he thinks CMs are and how little he thinks of them in general.

Last edited by dairylives; 05-26-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #30
dairylives
Mouseketeer

And yes, CMs are a part of the "we". Any individual who contributes to the guest experience at WDW, is a part of the machine , regardless of those who feel the need to "knock them down a peg" or whatever you're trying to accomplish by undermining the hard work of these individuals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: