Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Two people in the AB section at POR ?

Some where I read a long time ago that they do not like to put only 2 people in the Alligator Bayou section because it is usually for the larger groups of people because of the trundle bed ? If I request the AB section with only 2 in my group maybe 3 will we be more likely put in the mansions ?

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

We have 2 people in our room. Four out of four times - we have been assigned an AB location.

So - NO - You won't be assigned to a section due to the number of people in the room. The way I know POR - if you want the Mansion section, ask for it. They will do all in their power to give it to you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

You will be put in the mansions if they are kind of full but if you call in and put on your reservation that you would like AB they may put you there. The only way to guarantee being in AB is to book a preferred room. All the preferred rooms are in AB.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We have always had 2 or 3 in our party and always assigned to the mansions. We love the mansions but wanted something different for this next trip. Just to make sure, we paid for a preferred room all of which are in AB. But as other suggested, just make AB your request. There is a POR FAQ thread and with a sample fax suggestion you can send them with your room requests.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Some where I read a long time ago that they do not like to put only 2 people in the Alligator Bayou section because it is usually for the larger groups of people because of the trundle bed ? If I request the AB section with only 2 in my group maybe 3 will we be more likely put in the mansions ?
I'm afraid so. The last time I stayed at POR I requested a room in the Alligator Bayou section. We were placed in the Mansions section. I even had them double check for a room in AB, but they said they were almost full and saving those rooms for larger families (we were 3 adults).

If you really want to be in AB, pay for a preferred room. I only wish they had had that option before!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

As others have said if you really want the AB section, you should probably pay for the preferred room. Depending on when you are going, you still might get your request, but most of the non-preferred AB rooms are in the most isolated buildings at the resort.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Half of the mansion room inventory is now solely royal rooms. This means that the majority of rooms in other categories are now in AB. So, statistically, you probably have a better chance of getting an AB room.

It is true that if they have many families of 5, they are required to stay in AB rooms. But they know how many families of 5 they will be having, so they can assign rooms accordingly.

We are a party of two and last trip I requested mansions but ended up in AB.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone We planned on booking preferred AB, but I thought they had preferred rooms in the mansion section also. If they dont then we are good to go if we book preferred right ?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
CalicoSky
Earning My Ears

I've stayed at POR twice; our party of two made no requests and did not book Preferred, but were placed in Alligator Bayou each time. Our trips were in off-peak times, though, so the likelihood may be lower when they're at or nearer capacity.

But the Preferred booking category is indeed in Alligator Bayou only, so you're all set! Enjoy.
CalicoSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Thanks everyone We planned on booking preferred AB, but I thought they had preferred rooms in the mansion section also. If they dont then we are good to go if we book preferred right ?
There are no preferred rooms in the mansions section. You're good to go.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #11
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
There are no preferred rooms in the mansions section. You're good to go.
Great !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: