Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

Shampoo, conditioner, soap

Do you bring your own shampoo, cond, & soap, or use what they give you on board? I love the products they provide at the Poly, so I assume they are the same or similar, but do they give you the tiny bottles like the resorts do, or do they provide regular size bottles? We are a family of 5, and I have long hair, so I would need 1-2 of those little cond bottles just for me. What have you guys done in the past?
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Davetut019
Earning My Ears

I love the stuff that they have on the ships. I usually grab a few extra tubes to take home with me as well. Any time you need more, just ask your stateroom attendant, and they will give you as much as you need.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Davetut019 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

DCL provides H2O+ Sea Marine. They are in travel size tubes. As PP stated, if you need more, they will bring more. I brought as much home as I could, too.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

I always bring my own, I'm in the same situation with long hair DD and I use 2 large bottles of conditioner on a one week vacation we would need a lot of mini bottles Im pretty sure they were bigger then resorts by quite a bit but still not family sized
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
over50visits
DIS Veteran

The H2O products they had for us were excellent; felt good to use and left us feeling clean. Shampoo was particularly impressive. Even on a short cruise you'll likely need more, and it was quickly available from the room host.

Would like to have taken some home off the ship, of course, but that's not why they provide it. We just took some photos and looked for it online. Amazon has it.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We use the stuff you get on board. Its easily equivalent to what you get at the Poly.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

I can't remember the store, but they sell the H2O products back in Minnesota so my mom bought me a huge bottle of the lotion since I love it so much!

We had decent sized tubes in our stateroom and whenever we needed more we just asked our room steward... he was kind of forgetful though so we had to remind him a few times, but if that was the worst thing to happen on board, we certainly weren't going to complain :-)

I love the H2O products and I love not having to take up valuable luggage space in my checked baggage with big ol' bottles of shampoo and conditioner :-)
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am quite particular about the shampoo I use as a lot of shampoos cause my scalp to itch. On our first cruise I somehow forgot to pack my usual shampoo so I was stuck with what they provided. Not only did it work for me, but it worked better than my usual shampoo. Fortunately we can now get the H2O+ shampoo in the Uk so I have completely switched.
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

I use the H2O products they provide! I usually bring some home and use it for overnights in hotels.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

I bring my own. DH uses what they provide, and we bring kid stuff for the kids.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I have to bring normal size (not ginormous) bottles for my hair. More important than the shampoo & condit (especially condit, with hair down to my butt) is the after detangler!!! There were times coming straight out of the ocean that all I had time to do was undo my mermaid braid (a feat in itself) and spritz and spritz and try to comb through it before the show and subsequent dinner. I actually don't think I got to wash my hair once after either beach day (althou this was a 3 day, and I always 'showered' or rinsed off the salt at each beach, but no shampoo or condi) and this comb-thru detangler/condi made my hair shiney, silk and clean right from the beach. Not without some time combing and combing tho... (I felt a lil like Rapunzel..brushbrushbrushbrush) but eventually I got it tamed (one of the only few times i'm glad to have completely straight hair with no wave, but the rest of the time I want curls and don't have them!)

Point is, a great leave in cannot be forgotten for anyone who wants to be able to brush thru their hair after the beach! I have a personal fave but I dont know if we are allowed to promote hair care products on here?
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
lorimay
DIS Veteran

My issue is with the soap.
I have to carry on my own bottle of Ivory soap. I can't use anything else or I am itchy.

I love the shampoo and conditioner they work and smell great.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

I brought my own travel sized and I'm glad I did. The provided shampoo and conditioner are nice, but definitely not moisturizing enough for my hair (curly and long). I will pack my own in the future as well. For DH and the kids though the H2O was perfectly fine.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #14
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Just incase anyone wants a Guys point of view on this I bring my own with me too as I really don't care for the stuff that they put in the room. It's just not my thing.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett24 View Post
Do you bring your own shampoo, cond, & soap, or use what they give you on board? I love the products they provide at the Poly, so I assume they are the same or similar, but do they give you the tiny bottles like the resorts do, or do they provide regular size bottles? We are a family of 5, and I have long hair, so I would need 1-2 of those little cond bottles just for me. What have you guys done in the past?

I think I'll bring my own. I like the small bottles for when the kids go to summer camp; they take it with them. I find most samples are not the best quality for my hair. My hair is dry and they aren't moisturizing enough.

I keep the body lotions in my purse, small and handy.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: