Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It is not sex it is computer programming thing. As a computer programmer you have to go out of your way to put one on top and how do the decide to sort it... Age, first name, last name, ID number..... Give the programmer a break
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
For some reason our DCL reservations tend to wind up in my wife's name.
We've had our reservations get booked under my name or my DWs name from time to time, even though I'm the one making the reservation. Gets a little "Goofy" sometimes because my wife hyphenates her last name. Caused a bit of a issue once when arriving at the OKW gate they didn't show my name on their check in log sheet, as having a reservation. Luckily my wife thought to ask (once my heart started beating again ) if they had the reservation under her name, which it was & we were allowed to proceed to check in. Now whenever I book reservations, I always ask which name is listed under, if it's DW I ask them to change it to mine. Problem seems to have gone away.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
FB722
Earning My Ears

Disney is sexist?? Really??

I am married. What is mine, is my husbands and vice versa. I have plenty of examples of things that show up in my husbands name and some things in my name. Often they simply pick a single name. Neither of us take offense to it.

Dont over think it. Its Disney... all is good!

April 2013 - Disney Dream Cruise! (POR Riverside stay prior to cruise)
Oct 2011 - Poly (MNSSHP)
Nov 2009 - Poly (MVMCP)
2002 - Offsite
1997 - Dolphin
1984 - Offsite
FB722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Its not sexist........it is likely your husbands name is listed first on the DVC contract.

AKK
Thanks what I think too... My husband was the DVC initiator, payed the down payment, etc etc... but all documents and lead names are always in my name. Who cares honestly? Should he feel offended? personally all he cares about is the room we booked and vacation we paid for is available for us. I am the one who groans every January when the dues bill comes and he jokes your name is on that, you pay it.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Happened with my cruise as well. My husband is older and I was told this is why. Doesn't make sense to me. I am the one who plans and books the trip. He could care less if we end up at Disney or Antartica as long as we are on vacation.

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
My name is on the DVC dues. DVC finally got it straight as to listing my name first so they would be paid. I was not expecting to have the same problem with DCL. I know it should not but it does irk me.

We are all different and react to things differently!

Take a bit of advise from a old guy.......*DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF*
Life goes a lot smoother that way.

JMHO!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
calismic
Mouseketeer

I'd be curious to find out how this happens as well. My father-in-law made a surprise cruise reservation for the family during our last sailing. We inadvertently discovered the surprise when Disney mailed all of the confirmation paperwork to my home address! We were just one of the 5 parties which were on the booking so NO idea why I got the paperwork! Was happy to find out the surprise early though. Gave me the opportunity to surprise him right back by upgrading the cruise!

calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
lucyem
DIS Veteran

My Dh & I have different last names. DVC is in my name only. I am the one who always makes the reservations. It always comes up under my name. In our case we are always pleasantly surprised when something does show up in his name. For example on our cruise suddenly we started getting things with both our names on them - "the xxxxx/xxxxxx Family. Though we had to laugh as they spelled both wrong, but then again that happens all the time

The one time the paperwork did go to the wrong place was when I booked a DVC trip with friends. They got all the welcome home emails and paperwork. Figured it had to do with their name being first alphabetically.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I wonder if it has to do with CC numbers. If he was listed first on the first cruise he would have an earlier CC Number and they likely sort it by CC number after that.

I am the female in the family and I am listed first on all documents etc.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
I'd be curious to find out how this happens as well. My father-in-law made a surprise cruise reservation for the family during our last sailing. We inadvertently discovered the surprise when Disney mailed all of the confirmation paperwork to my home address! We were just one of the 5 parties which were on the booking so NO idea why I got the paperwork! Was happy to find out the surprise early though. Gave me the opportunity to surprise him right back by upgrading the cruise!
Oh my, I would not be happy if DCL spoiled my surprise. Funny you at thinking about upgrading the cruise.

I cannot figure out why one person would be listed "first". My last name starts with a B, his a R. I was the only person to contact DCL and my credit card was the only one listed for our cruise so it should not be credit card. And I am older than my spouse so it should not be age. Perhaps it has to do with birth month since his comes earlier in the year than mine? It would be interesting to know the process of who is listed as lead on the reservations.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
s3rndpt
Mouseketeer

Disney has done this to me too, but in a more roundabout way. I am always the one researching, planning, and booking...all in my name, with him and the kids secondary. And who gets the pin codes?? He does!! He's never signed up for anything Disney in his life, and he must have gotten 3 pin codes in the mail in the past 6 months alone! Totally bizarre. In the meantime, I never get any, yet everything we've ever done Disney, whether sign up for planning CDs DVDs, vacation reservations, etc., has all been in my name.
s3rndpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

it is 100% a DVC thing. Some glitch in their computer system they are aware of but really don't care enough about to correct.

Last year our OKW stay ended up being in our daughters name and she is not even an owner!

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #28
EcbLovesMickey
Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!

This has happened to me too. Also I did not change my name and, even though it is recorded properly in the reservation, I have had to correct key cards almost every trip.

EcbLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
ty_n_cy
Early Summer Dreaming...

Someone very wise once told me to pick my battles.

This thread is highly entertaining to me.

CY

ty_n_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #30
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Mine always has my name on it. Would someone like me to see if they can send my bill to you. I would love to make some feel better... and pay my bill
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: