Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
CTdiznymom
DIS Veteran

I have found really great deals on different sites that have a "sale" or "clearance" section. I check them out periodically. Otherwise it's Costco, BJ's.

just checked [url]www.onecupconnection.com and they are offering Tullys Italian Roast 24ct for $9.99

Last edited by CTdiznymom; 04-29-2013 at 04:17 PM.
CTdiznymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I have a reusable kcup! I just use regular coffee of my choice, load it up and away I go! Much cheaper and still great coffee!
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #18
Otto's Doll
Cheese and Whiskers, I just can't seem to catch their attention...
My dream came true
Stop laughing DH!

At Kohls on Sunday I found the 48 count Holiday collection (Gingerbread, Spicy Eggnog (my favorite!) and French Toast) for $15.99. With the 30 % off I paid 56$ for 5 boxes (about .23 each), plus I got $10 in Kohls cash. Score! Got them at the store, not available online. Might be worth taking a look if you live near a Kohls.
"Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that." Ephesians 5:2
Otto's Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
DISzy
Mouseketeer

We have a great place around here that is line a candy store for coffee-holics! But they have an online store, which was the original operation. Coffee icon.com, I believe. It is 13.99 for a 24 pack box usually and they have a great selection!
DISzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
I have a reusable kcup! I just use regular coffee of my choice, load it up and away I go! Much cheaper and still great coffee!
Once I was over the novelty of being able to pop in a K-cup of my choosing I switched to the reusable K cup as well. I could not be happier with the savings. We keep 2 or 3 types of our favourite bags of coffee on hand and fill as we go. I probably spend much less now than when I had a regular coffee maker and was brewing a whole pot and wasting half of it. I don't like having to tap it out and make sure not to get the grounds in the sink, but it's a small annoyance for such a savings.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
This may or may not be helpful, but we switched to one of the reusable plastic cafe cup things. Use regular coffee, scoop it in, close it up put in brewers and brew. I think I found a pack of 4 at target for $10. It says you can use it for tea also but I haven't tried it yet.
To each their own, but I always thought that the reusable cups kind of defeated the purpose of having a Keurig. Yes, I know it's better for the environment, but with all the filling and cleaning, it really eats away at the convenience. Also, we have one of the Keurig brand reusable cups that came with the machine, and I find it makes coffee too weak. I have read that you have to use a really fine grain. After all that work, I might as well use my Grind 'n Brew instead. We only have a Keurig for the convenience factor.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
To each their own, but I always thought that the reusable cups kind of defeated the purpose of having a Keurig. Yes, I know it's better for the environment, but with all the filling and cleaning, it really eats away at the convenience. Also, we have one of the Keurig brand reusable cups that came with the machine, and I find it makes coffee too weak. I have read that you have to use a really fine grain. After all that work, I might as well use my Grind 'n Brew instead. We only have a Keurig for the convenience factor.
I agree! My main reason for getting the Keurig was so I didn't have to deal with the time and mess of grinding and filling.

I like the Costco pods because there is no plastic to go into the landfill and be recycled. It's just coffee in a little filter bag thing. The cost isn't too bad unless you go through many cups a day, I suppose, but then you'd probably not be using a Keurig.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #23
reagansmommy
Earning My Ears

Amazon has some by san franciso bay that are pretty cheap, but you have to basically use at least one a day or else they seem to go stale because they have mesh bottoms. But its 29.99 for a.box of 80, so less than 50 cents each.
reagansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

We use the Ekobrew reusable K-Cup.

Before that we bought K-Cups at Costco.

To me, the "point" of a Keurig is to have it be super-easy to brew different types of coffee/tea drinks...us doing the refillable cup kind of defeats that in my opinion. It's actually not half bad at the exact moment, since I am drinking decaf and my DH is drinking regular, but after the baby is here I am going back to regular. At that point, I think we will gift or sell the Keurig and get a regular coffee pot--if we are doing the brewing and grinding anyway, it's easier to make a pot for me and DH to share than to mess with filling and dumping the Ekobrew.

Neither one of us is into flavored coffees or needs/wants a different "roast" each day...and when we entertain we don't get a lot of coffee requests.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmommy View Post
Amazon has some by san franciso bay that are pretty cheap, but you have to basically use at least one a day or else they seem to go stale because they have mesh bottoms. But its 29.99 for a.box of 80, so less than 50 cents each.
I haven't had that problem. They come in several separate sealed pouches and you get a plastic container with a sealed lid to keep them in. I keep 2 pouches of pods in the plastic container and leave the rest unopened until I need them. I can see, though, that if you used one of the K-cup drawers or something like that they could go stale since they're not sealed.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #26
squirrel
DIS Veteran

I had just purchased my Keurig when Real Canadian Superstore had a great deal on the K-cups. I didn't stock up, I bought one box of the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle ones for just under $5 a box of 12.

I mostly use the my K-cup and fill it with Tim Hortons coffee or Real Canadian Superstore brand. I think I will pick up another my K-cup filter so I can do two without sending coffee grounds down the drain.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

I've never seen anything cheaper than Costco for K-cups unless you use the "My K-cup"
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #28
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

I also like the Costco cups.....$24.99 for 80 cups. You can't beat the price and I do like the coffee.

My daughter is going off to college and wants a keurig....thats how we'll give her coffee as well.
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #29
dhuba
Mouseketeer

I am getting the San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser for 31 cents each with subscribe and save at Amazon with the extra 15% you get for having 5 subscribe and save items a month. My husband likes them because they are stronger than some of the other ones and he can make a big travel mug with just one.
dhuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #30
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuba View Post
I am getting the San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser for 31 cents each with subscribe and save at Amazon with the extra 15% you get for having 5 subscribe and save items a month. My husband likes them because they are stronger than some of the other ones and he can make a big travel mug with just one.
I just got my shipping notice today for my 2nd shipment of these and it worked out to $.345/cup (I don't have 5 subscribed items) and I thought that was a great deal.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: