Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

K-cups, Best deal??

Wondering where you found the best deal for K-cups. I'm helping my MIL since she has only found them for 50 cents each locally where she picks them up.

Thanks.
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishesuponastar View Post
Wondering where you found the best deal for K-cups. I'm helping my MIL since she has only found them for 50 cents each locally where she picks them up.

Thanks.
I follow a couponing blog and the owner posts K-cup deals on a regular basis. Sometimes Green Mountain Coffee (thru ebates) has the best deal. Sometimes Amazon has select varieties for a great price. It all depends. You can even use your 20%-off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons on K-cups if you want. I sometimes run low before my next shipment is due and I end up buying them there.

Go to livingrichwithcoupons.com and do a search for K-cups to find the latest deal.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I haven't been able to easily find them for much less than $.45-.50 each over the last year or so, unless I had some great coupon or super special. When we first got our Keurig a few years ago, I could regularly find them for under $.40/cup, but it seems those days are gone.

If you buy the bigger boxes (check Amazon or at Sam's Club/BJs/Costco), you can save money that way. We also do Amazon Subscribe & Save sometimes to cut the price a bit.

We often buy ours from bigcatcoffee.com.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just searched and they have Tully's $54.95 for 120 cups - $0.45 per cup! free shipping with 5.

I usually buy from Costco and BJ's so I can get 80 per box. It works out to be about the same price. Kirklands has their own brand which is even a little cheaper but so far I have only tried the light roast. A little to light for my taste.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We're pretty much at the $0.50/cup level. We buy 80 packs from BJ's mostly. For variety we get other assortments from Bed, Bath & Beyond using one of the ubiquitous 20% off coupons at around the same net price.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
JessM
We all have a dream

Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you? Sometimes I can find packs in there for $0.45 a cup. They have the big 48 cup variety packs in there too which I love.
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
ssawka
DIS Veteran

We usually get them from Kohl's. They usually have them for $13.99 for 18. When you combine that with 30% off plus the $10 Kohl's cash for ever $50 spent, you can get 6 boxes for $58.76 - $10 = $48.76 That's for 108 cups or $0.45 a cup.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

This may or may not be helpful, but we switched to one of the reusable plastic cafe cup things. Use regular coffee, scoop it in, close it up put in brewers and brew. I think I found a pack of 4 at target for $10. It says you can use it for tea also but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Jridou
Mouseketeer

San Francisco bay on Amazon

Or at costco are 36cents each. They have netting bottoms instead of plastic, so you need to keep them in a sealed container or they go bad. My husband actually prefers them to other brands.

Alternatively you can buy the refillable K cup and use ground coffee. The cost of coffee has gone thru the roof lately so I'm not sure how much you'd save with that.
Jridou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I'm pretty frugal when it comes to K-Cups.

If I don't have a good deal, I just fill my eco-brew thingy and I am happy.

But, there are good deals out there. I just received from Amazon 192 K-cups for $42.24.

I follow Slickdeals.net and have K-Cups on my alert. When someone posts a deal, I get an email.
Then if it is a good deal I buy immediately. Lots.

Here is an example (which is sadly sold out)
http://slickdeals.net/f/5956080-HURR...n-Add-on-Item?

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #11
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

I buy the 80-count San Francisco Bay ones from Costco as mentioned by a PP. The coffee is really good, and they come with their own Tupperware-type container.

I also saw some youtube videos where people showed how you could wash out your old k-cups and reuse them by letting them dry and then refilling with ground coffee of your choice. Cover the top with foil and that's it. You do have to make sure the holes line up. I know there are reusable k-cups you can buy, but the advantage to making your own is you can do a bunch at one time. I have to say that I only did it once to see if it worked, and my view is that if I have to go to all that trouble, why the heck did I get a Keurig anyway? The biggest draw for me is not having to grind coffee and clean up grounds .

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I usually get mine at Costco unless I find a really good deal somewhere else.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
This may or may not be helpful, but we switched to one of the reusable plastic cafe cup things. Use regular coffee, scoop it in, close it up put in brewers and brew. I think I found a pack of 4 at target for $10. It says you can use it for tea also but I haven't tried it yet.

After we went through the boxes that came with our Platinum, we got 3 Ekobrews and we still have the one MyKCup that came with the machine, and we use those. DS was so so so excited for the Keurig because he could make our coffee for us (he loves playing restaurant anyway, and this is even better b/c he can do it totally on his own), and it's easy enough to fill the reusables that even an 8 year old can do it. (though he prefers it if DH does it and leaves them for DS to use for my coffee later)

The Ekobrews were 9.99 on sale at Safeway, we use the coffee we want to use, and it's all good!

I wasn't going to throw away the kcups anyway; I clear out the coffee, pull out the filter, and put the plastic and the paper filter into recycling anyway (after checking with our local recycling center to see if and how it can be done), so this is actually LESS work than doing that.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #14
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone. It sounds like Costco might be a good price. I saw online they sell 160 k-cups for about 32 cents each. Not sure if it's the right flavor for my MIL but I sent her an email. thanks again for all your help
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Sometimes Bed Bath & Beyond has them on sale and then you can use one of their Sunday flyer coupons (even expired ones)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: