facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #121
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Enjoy your outing with OH!

A 5K is a very doable goal. I never finished the C25K either -- I can't run 3 miles straight. But I can run/walk/run all day long using Jeff Galloway's method. He is the running consultant for Run Disney. Here is a link to his 5K program -- which is also available as an app for you phone http://jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html and I am also linking to the Tower of Terror 10 miler training program which has a lot of good information about training for a race for reference. http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo.../TOT13_Beg.pdf But wait until your back is 100% healed for sure!
Thanks so much for those links Lisa, it will give me something to think about....I really want to be able to run, hence the possible gym membership, I might find it easier to at least get my breathing right on a treadmill before I hit the pavement for real.

My coffee was lovely, felt naughty even though it was syn free!!! OH bought himself some new headphones for his iPod whilst we were out as his old ones have a faulty connection...he uses them at the gym 3 times a week, so can't manage without them. I on the otherhand don't like the distraction of music!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #122
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Howdy all! On the ride to visit family. Got started late, as usual, plus we need to stop for gas, but hopefully we won't be too late. DH's family aren't reals ticklers with time, so we should be okay.

TTFN and TTYL...........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #123
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I love the brick wall quote, Buffy! Congrats to your two speedy sons on their meet.

Are you saying that you allot 185 calories for your lunch? The Arnold Flaxseed Thins sound yummy -- I love anything with flaxseed.

No, I allot 300 for lunch but the regular bread takes all of that allotment. So I use the flat bread, thin slice hillshire farm turkey, 2 teaspoons of miracle whip and I still have room for some fruit or raw veggies.

Oh and it was only 1 kid yesterday. He is still on a high today!! He is sooo happy!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #124
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.
This is tough to just think of myself. I actually dream of not having to work so I can find time to do things that I love (volunteer with animals, nursing homes, etc). However, that is unrealistic right now, but maybe in the future!

Quote:

Hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing day today, Jill.

The skies are blue and the birds are singing here today. Time for a little yard work and a little relaxing. It is a real treat to stay home on Sunday and not go anywhere.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Well, I didn't relax too much (I am now, though), but I feel like I got so much accomplished! Hope you had a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I want to RUN a 5K....just for me, no-one else, and just because I can!!!

I'm doing fine with the walking, but am finding it really hard to make that step up to running. I've tried the first week of couch to 5K, but can't even manage that!! I will get there though.

I've been out and walked 3 miles this morning (very slowly due to my back pain), but figured it was better to keep moving than let it seize up completely. We walked across the Humber Bridge and back in some lovely spring sunshine. The bridge itself is pretty impressive..........

OH has promised me an iced americano with sugar free hazelnut syrup as a reward for keeping up my exercise, so going out for that now.
That's just beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your walk and your treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! I'm up and moving. I've had my morning walk (with DD ) and we talked about our trip!!

I've got two pounds of green beans roasting in the oven and I've made my Epcot inspired Moroccan couscous salad chilling in the fridge. I'm bringing those today to our visit with DH's family. His niece and grandniece are here visiting from TX and we are all getting together.... plus I haven't seen the new grandnephew who lives in Maine, so we will get to see him too!

Yesterday was a crazy blur of yard work! I was exhausted last night. I splurged on not one, but TWO light beers..... counted them and had the Points for them, but it was still a splurge.

Oatmeal for breakfast was mmmm-mmmm-good! I'm relaxing my stranglehold on "no-carbs" for today since we will be eating away, so oatmeal with a bit of real sugar was a nice start for the day!

Off to figure out what I am wearing. If I can use the mobile wifi later, I will be back to answer the QOTD and chat a bit more..............P
I hope you had a nice visit!

Quote:
Thanks so much for those links Lisa, it will give me something to think about....I really want to be able to run, hence the possible gym membership, I might find it easier to at least get my breathing right on a treadmill before I hit the pavement for real.

My coffee was lovely, felt naughty even though it was syn free!!! OH bought himself some new headphones for his iPod whilst we were out as his old ones have a faulty connection...he uses them at the gym 3 times a week, so can't manage without them. I on the otherhand don't like the distraction of music!!!
I just wanted to add that I use the Jeff Galloway 5k app and love it. I can run a 5k faster by run/walking than my sister who runs the whole time. It's a great program that helps you build up and gives your legs a rest with the walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Busy day today! I did day 29 of the 30 day shred, took DSs to Sunday School, after we went to Home Depot for mulch, came home and weeded and mulched, mopped the dining room, sat out front while the kids played with the neighbors, went to the park, took the dog for a walk, vacuumed, and did the dishes. I am pretty tired now. In fact, I think I am going to run and watch an episode of House Hunters International and then head to bed. Goodnight

Jill
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #125
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Hi, all-I'm behind on the qotd's-but in answer to the dream-I, too, would like to do a 5k. I'm SO far from it, but I have to start somewhere. I went out walking today-almost a half hour. At least it's something!

Have any of you tried Skinnytaste.com? She breaks down meals into WW points-but the recipes are fantastic.

I'm still figuring this out-do we PM our weight weekly? Did I somehow miss that? Thanks for the patience.
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #126
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Do we talk recipes on this board? Just wondering if anyone knows of a good--light--homemade salad dressing??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Trip Report: Missing Mardi Gras to meet Anna and Elsa!
bbak3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #127
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

So I sent a PM to donac, but I figured I should introduce myself here too. I'm a little late, but I didn't even realize disboards had a weight loss forum until today. I started losing weight back in February, I believe, and lost about 10 lbs. I then found out I was pregnant and between that and the subsequent loss a couple weeks ago getting healthy was sort of pushed to the side. After the last few days realizing how bad I feel now that I'm not working out anymore, I knew it was time to start again. I want to be healthy so that when I get pregnant again it won't end the same way(I have no proof my weight was a factor, but I know it can't be helping). I'm currently closer to 300 than I am to 200(but not by much fortunately) and that's not okay. My current long term goal(no deadline though) is to be under 200. From there I will evaluate how I look and decide how much further I want to go. My short term, for the month goal, is six pounds. It may seem low, but I figure I'm better off setting a small, easily achievable goal and being happy if I surpass it than setting a goal that I could reach but being unhappy if something trips me up and I don't reach it.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #128
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

lizzi! i'm so sorry of your loss, and am proud of you for allowing it to bring you healthy changes

QOTD of weekend -- my dream...well my dream is to be at my pre-Cushing's weight and strength, with my medications balanced so that i can embrace EACH day and be active and not feel two steps behind in what i need to have done. my OLD dream was to do the full disney marathon in 2015, my DD graduation year, in her honor with Joints In Motion. That's doubtful now, i dont know that i'll every be strong and health enough to do a full. BUT maybe i could do the princess that year in her honor!

i'd really like a princess medal

i'm up and at 'em again this morning and off to work, my co-worker is still sick. i'm dragging but telling myself gotta get in a workout after work, especially after this weekend (cookout, breakfast out, ugh...not so good)

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #129
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Hi Everyone my name is Michelle and I’ll be your coach from 5/6-5/9 – this is my first try at it so hopefully I get it right and will be signing on again.. I found some inspirational quotes and added the question of the day to the end to see how you think it pertains to you..
I’ll be back late this afternoon to see how everyone is coming along and answer it myself as well..

Monday QOTD: Monday’s are hard! Plateaus are hard as well but when you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world. How do you deal with plateaus?

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all

Last edited by bigsis1970; 05-06-2013 at 07:26 AM.
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #130
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Morning all! I'm up and moving. I've had my morning walk (with DD ) and we talked about our trip!!
Trip planning -- almost as fun and lasts longer than the trip itself! What are your must dos this time? You know how we love to live vicariously through the Disney trips of others.

Quote:

It is something to think about. And one of the things about Galloway's method is the he does not want you to ever huff and puff so it is very easy to keep your breathing where it needs to be. While you are simply walking you may want to try interval walking -- walking a little faster for spurts -- if that doesn't hurt your back. Last year when I hurt my back I spent a lot of time in the pool. Hope yours feels better very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
No, I allot 300 for lunch but the regular bread takes all of that allotment. So I use the flat bread, thin slice hillshire farm turkey, 2 teaspoons of miracle whip and I still have room for some fruit or raw veggies.

Oh and it was only 1 kid yesterday. He is still on a high today!! He is sooo happy!
Sorry about that -- I thought both your boys were running -- they are so speedy it is hard to keep track!

Your lunch sounds similar to what I have except I throw in some fat free icelandic yogurt (my new fave similar to greek yogurt but not the same texture that turns me off ). I was worried about you, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
This is tough to just think of myself. I actually dream of not having to work so I can find time to do things that I love (volunteer with animals, nursing homes, etc). However, that is unrealistic right now, but maybe in the future!
It is always good to dream. You definitely need a nice summer break soon after this school year.

And a big woo hoo to you, Jill, for today being Day 30 of the 30 Day Shred! You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
Hi, all-I'm behind on the qotd's-but in answer to the dream-I, too, would like to do a 5k. I'm SO far from it, but I have to start somewhere. I went out walking today-almost a half hour. At least it's something!

Have any of you tried Skinnytaste.com? She breaks down meals into WW points-but the recipes are fantastic.

I'm still figuring this out-do we PM our weight weekly? Did I somehow miss that? Thanks for the patience.
Walking is a great place to start and it is something you can always do. You may start to enjoy it and stash a pair of shoes in your car so you can sneak in a walk anytime.

Our first weigh in is Friday, May 10th. Weigh ins are ususally on Friday and the first and last day of the month but we skipped a week since the month had just started. The way these threads are organized you can almost always find any of that information that you need to know in the first post, or at least on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
Do we talk recipes on this board? Just wondering if anyone knows of a good--light--homemade salad dressing??

I can't help you with a recipe but I will direct you to our recipe thread that might have something. I just bumped it so it is easy to find. It regularly falls off the list. http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...35&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post
So I sent a PM to donac, but I figured I should introduce myself here too. I'm a little late, but I didn't even realize disboards had a weight loss forum until today. I started losing weight back in February, I believe, and lost about 10 lbs. I then found out I was pregnant and between that and the subsequent loss a couple weeks ago getting healthy was sort of pushed to the side. After the last few days realizing how bad I feel now that I'm not working out anymore, I knew it was time to start again. I want to be healthy so that when I get pregnant again it won't end the same way(I have no proof my weight was a factor, but I know it can't be helping). I'm currently closer to 300 than I am to 200(but not by much fortunately) and that's not okay. My current long term goal(no deadline though) is to be under 200. From there I will evaluate how I look and decide how much further I want to go. My short term, for the month goal, is six pounds. It may seem low, but I figure I'm better off setting a small, easily achievable goal and being happy if I surpass it than setting a goal that I could reach but being unhappy if something trips me up and I don't reach it.
So sorry for your loss. Glad that you decided to join us on your journey to good health. Your goal sounds very reasonable.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #131
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Yep the be proud of yourself is a hard one for many of us but we should remember to celebrate our accomplishments and hard work!

Molli, you've had such a tough time but you are strong and healthier every day! One thing I have read recently that really resonated with me is when they say "don't compare yourself to others" that includes not comparing your current self with a former version. Be where you are now.

I think your goal is very doable and congratulations on starting with the walking.

Can you alternate egg yolk days? I do egg whites in the microwave and they are very tasty -- not tough at all. I also eat real eggs as opposed to eggs in a carton.

QOTD: I'm feeling pretty good about my winning strategies since WW yesterday -- down 4.2 pounds, hit my 5%, and I know I will make my goal for May now.
Yay on being down and hitting your 5%!!!!! I've decided that eggs are for the weekend - maybe not even both days.. Yogurt for breakfast now - soon I can add in some oatmeal so it'll be ok.. I do use real eggs too.. and yes I could do just whites but dang I do like the taste of the yolk Haa

Quote:
Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest . . .

As our journey to the Happiest Place on Earth continues I take you to a place in Disney where many of us have not been yet -- talk about Disney magic!

And speaking of food, do you know what 300 calories looks like?

300 calories look drastically different when you're eating in instead of dining out. Choosing healthier, more nutritious foods--at home and away--means you can eat much more food and still lose weight.

Breakfast: 300-Calorie Meals & Portions
Here are three morning meals that each weigh in at 300 calories. Healthy and quick homemade meals pack whole grains, fresh fruit, and protein--a filling combination that will keep you fuller longer. You could only eat a fraction of the comparable restaurant meals (right column) for the same number of calories. Get more healthy breakfast ideas here.

And what about lunch for 350 calories?

Or dinner for 400 calories?

These images are courtesy of a sparkpeople.com article. Here is a link if you would like to see the entire article, including more pictures of 350 and 400 calorie meals. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1260

Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
Well for me the shocking part is how many carbs I have to spend if I want fruit.. I LOVE FRUIT! but alas I've been withholding because it's crazy -- berries are the lowest but strawberries caused cravings for me. so I've been having raspberries and blackberries.. I miss oranges and most of all bananas! Oh well they are going to a rare treat when I do have them..

Quote:

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish, I wish tonight.

Ohh, a world of wishes,
A world where dreams come true.
So make a wish, see it through.
Dare to do what dreamers do.

Wishes...
Dream a dream.
Wishes...
Set it free.
Wishes…
Trust your heart.
Just believe.

Here we are at the end of our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. And my last little excerpt from a sparkpeople article.

Boldly explore your dreams

As we grow older, we reflect upon our lives--the things that we have done and the things we didn't do. Don't let this happen to you! What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Imagine the difference this could make in your life. Imagine how fearlessly you would march across the beach in your bathing suit! Break the habits of fear that are holding you back and forget the hundreds of distractions that seem to justify not trying new things! Achieve your dreams, take risks, build your vision and go boldly towards it.

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.
Something just for me -- I'd like to move to FL and work for Disney, I've said that is my dream for years and years - when I was single mom it was going to happen when my DS graduates from HS (2015) but now that I am remarried I just don't know if that will happen.. not quite letting it go yet..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #132
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Monday morning friends! We are off to a great week, right???

Overate a bit yesterday at the family event.... okay, more than a bit. And it wasn't so much "overeating" as WHAT I ate. Paying for it today with some rumbling and gurgling in the belly and an overall sick feeling. Fingers crossed that it passes quickly and that I didn't do too much calorie damage. It was probably the white carbs and sugar that are the real problem. I had very little meat, plenty of salad and fruit and actually just a small portion of dessert.... but also some stromboli (don't really even like the meat in it so I'm not sure why I had 2 pieces!), a homemade zucchini cake with sun-dried tomato cream sauce (actually 3 small ones!) and a few beers.

On the GOOD news (trying to remind myself that it wasn't a total disaster), I skipped all of the rolls, potatoes, brownies, apple crisp, potato chips, creamy dips/pita chips, wine, pasta (homemade stuffed shells made by my Italian SIL), meatballs (made by same SIL), cheese tray.

Sounds like a page from "True Confessions" doesn't it??!!

DD and I changed our flight from Saturday morning to Friday night. It will get us about 4-5 more hours of park time on Saturday, and since we have JUST DISCOVERED that we will be there during Star Wars weekend, we will need all of the park time we can get to compensate for the crowds we weren't expecting. Our own fault, of course, for not checking the Disney schedule before booking, but DD's schedule is so limited that it was necessary to go when SHE was able, more than when the Crowd calendars dictated. We aren't happy with the idea of crowds, since we are spoiled by our previous January and early-mid May visits (super low crowds), but I'm sure we will be able to make the most of it. Plus the parks have more extended hours during that weekend, so that will help. We will just avoid DHS until Monday. As long as we get to spend some quality time at the new Fantasyland, we will be happy!

I've got 18 days to lose 4.7 pounds (assuming I didn't gain yesterday ) Not sure I can actually do this, but I'm going to try. I put on a pair of my size 4 shorts yesterday and it wasn't pretty. Not sure why 5 pounds makes such a difference, but it does. Gonna work hard on the diet AND some ab work for the next 18 days and see if I can make those shorts work. DD is also on board with me, so I'll be working hard to create some exciting yummy low carb meals that have a great deal of appeal to keep us from going bonkers. I know some of you follow SB and Atkins and I applaud you for being able to limit your carbs for extended periods.

Okay.... 1st graders are on their way in (yup, I'm at work today!), so I'll say good-bye for now. I'll be back when they head to recess to read and reply and answer the QOTD!...........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #133
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
lizzi! i'm so sorry of your loss, and am proud of you for allowing it to bring you healthy changes

QOTD of weekend -- my dream...well my dream is to be at my pre-Cushing's weight and strength, with my medications balanced so that i can embrace EACH day and be active and not feel two steps behind in what i need to have done. my OLD dream was to do the full disney marathon in 2015, my DD graduation year, in her honor with Joints In Motion. That's doubtful now, i dont know that i'll every be strong and health enough to do a full. BUT maybe i could do the princess that year in her honor!

i'd really like a princess medal

i'm up and at 'em again this morning and off to work, my co-worker is still sick. i'm dragging but telling myself gotta get in a workout after work, especially after this weekend (cookout, breakfast out, ugh...not so good)
Molli, I'm sure there is a princess medal in your future some day. Disney is adding all sorts of different races and challenges now. You may want to start off with a shorter race like a 5K or 10K or even a 10K and half -- the Glass Slipper Challenge at the Princess. Looking forward to seeing you in person at a WDW race some day! It's just a little temporary detour you are on now.

I will tell you my secret about workouts -- I do not work out on Mondays. After years of saying "I'll work out on Monday" and then having my plans derailed for various reasons, not the least of which is simply that Mondays are tough, tough days, I have freed myself from Monday workouts. It is a planned rest day. I have no guilt from not working out on Mondays that used to sometimes morph into a bad start to a bad week and it has worked out great for me. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi Everyone my name is Michelle and I’ll be your coach from 5/6-5/9 – this is my first try at it so hopefully I get it right and will be signing on again.. I found some inspirational quotes and added the question of the day to the end to see how you think it pertains to you..
I’ll be back late this afternoon to see how everyone is coming along and answer it myself as well..

Monday QOTD: Monday’s are hard! Plateaus are hard as well but when you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world. How do you deal with plateaus?
Hi Michelle! Thank you so very much for coaching the rest of the week!

Mondays are hard! They are not my favorite day of the week so I do everything I can to make them more tolerable.

Plateaus are tough, too. I just had two months where I was in what WW considers a plateau with very, very small losses week after week. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and endure them. The first thing I do is double check my tracking and portions -- is that really 1/4 of a cup or is it closer to a 1/2 cup? Or I might see if I can get a little extra activity in. One of the best things I've found is to have other ways besides the scale to measure success, i.e. measurements or pants sizes. Fortunately nothing last forever, even plateaus and a maintain always beats a gain in my book any day!

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #134
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post

I love skinnytaste! I've tried a few recipes there but my favorites are the stuffed cabbage casserole and the buffalo chicken (wrapped in lettuce leaves). In fact, I made the buffalo chicken yesterday. Today I am making her macaroni & cheese with broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post

Check the skinnytaste website. I think she has recipes for different dressings.

Quote:
So sorry about your loss. But, welcome and we are here to support you during this weight loss adventure! It's a great group

Quote:

When I plateau, I have to check my food tracking. It's usually because I am eating too many carbs.

Quote:

Something just for me -- I'd like to move to FL and work for Disney, I've said that is my dream for years and years - when I was single mom it was going to happen when my DS graduates from HS (2015) but now that I am remarried I just don't know if that will happen.. not quite letting it go yet..
Ooooohhhh...I LOVE this one! I always tell DH that I want to work at Disney as well. I just fear it would ruin it for me or something.

Quote:

Okay.... 1st graders are on their way in (yup, I'm at work today!), so I'll say good-bye for now. I'll be back when they head to recess to read and reply and answer the QOTD!...........P
Have fun with those little ones! I'm off to teach 9-12th grade History!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh...have to run...time to teach! I'll check back later!

Jill
Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #135
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quote of the day:

You aren't going to get the butt you want, by sitting on the one you have
OMG I LOVE this! Think I'm going to print this out and hang it on my desk wall along with my "You can outrun a bad diet" quote!

Quote:

Quote:

Michelle! Don't sweat it, you'll do great! I hit a lovely 7-week plateau in my weight loss and thought I was going crazy. This was leading right up to my vacation, so after I got back, I just regrouped, got my head back on straight, and the weight slowly started coming off again. I haven't had quite as long a plateau since then, but my weight loss has always been painfully slow (18 pounds in 16 months )! My best attack on the hated plateau: PATIENCE!

So we hit up Rocco's Tacos on Saturday with my running BFF and her DH. After a couple of skinny 'ritas, she tells me a big group of her other running buddies are going up to the the Mouse for the 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend and I should sign up for the Half. After about a 5 minute debate wondering if my IT's will even let me get through the Wine and Dine in November, I agreed to sign up. WHAT??!!?? I must be off my rocker..... Darn 'ritas!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: