Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #106
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Whoohoo on the airline tickets! 21 days is sooooo close!

Almost too close!


I think I have to work on being proud of myself. I have to set big goals for myself and accomplish them to feel proud. I was so proud when I ran 7 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I am very proud now that I am going to finish the 30 Day Shred on Monday. So, I need another big goal to work toward. It's not necessarily a daily thing for me.

Amazing job with the 30 Day Shred! I'm so impressed!


Thank you! We celebrated by catching the 3:25 showing of Iron Man 3. It was so good! And, I got the boys popcorn and only had a little. But, I did have some chocolate candy

My DS would like to see that as well, but I don't think there is time this weekend. Glad to hear it was good though!



Hello and welcome. Fellow teacher here. I teach for an alternative education program. I also teach History and am the special education teacher as well. I spent a good 3 hours writing my midterm progress reports on IEPs today I am actually thinking of applying to a few online schools/programs near me. Do you teach for national company?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today was a pretty good day other than my lunch choice lol. I ate too many carbs and will pay for it on the scale the next few days. DS turned double digits today. We are waiting to really celebrate his birthday until the 19th so we can combine both boys (other DS will be 7 on the 23rd) into one big family party. So, we saw Iron Man 3 today to celebrate. That was his choice and it was very good.

I just sat down to make a menu for the week and make a grocery list. DSs have soccer games tomorrow, so I want to grocery shop after they are done so I'm not doing it Sunday. I also want to get to bed earlier tonight (I'm shooting for 10 pm). I'd love to wake up refreshed, workout, go get the cupcakes for the soccer game (I know, not healthy, but soooo delicious~they are like the ones on those cupcake wars on tv. We do cut them in half for the kids and parents ) and head off to the games at 10:10. So, I'm going to run to finish up my lists and some laundry. Have a good Friday night

Jill
Enjoy your busy day! Hope you got good sleep!............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #107
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, I had a nice lunch, although I did have bread!!! Chose wholemeal though...best I could do. I was lovely to catch up with my old friend, particularly when the first words out of her mouth were "Wow, you've lost lots of weight"! Also got comments from OH's co-workers when I picked him up from work.......the power of skinny jeans eh?????

So QOTD..........

Winners Set Small Goals - monthly weight loss challenge with you guys

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts - I class this as the days where I eat out and go slightly off plan

Winners Are Proud of Themselves - hmmm, this is the one I struggle with, but I'm getting better at recognising my achievements!!!

Winners Take On New Challenges - Walking, maybe joining a gym, cooking from scratch

Winners Keep Score - Food diary and weekly weigh-in.

Winners Are Part of a Team - You lot, and the Slimming World class I attend

Winners Make It Fun - reading this stuff, cooking, walking, I'm loving it all at the moment

Going to decide in the morning whether to go campng for one night - we bought a used canvas tent last year that needs a bit of TLC, so we thought that if we've got to put it up to replace the parts, we might as well put it up on a campsite and sleep there overnight. Will see what the weather is like in the morning. Oooh, did I happen to mention that it's a holiday weekend here - no work until Tuesday (sorry to rub it in!!!)
So glad that you are enjoying your holiday and that your friend noticed your hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
That's a great article. We are all in this together.
Love this, Susan! And I got a chuckle thinking of Misty and her hoodlum kittens -- all parents have to go through that rite of passage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
lisa -- thank you for your kind words..and all those who said encouraging and welcoming comments to me. it's what i've known all along...WISH ROCKS!
You are so welcome! And that you for all you do for us as our WISH moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I think I have to work on being proud of myself. I have to set big goals for myself and accomplish them to feel proud. I was so proud when I ran 7 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I am very proud now that I am going to finish the 30 Day Shred on Monday. So, I need another big goal to work toward. It's not necessarily a daily thing for me.

Thank you! We celebrated by catching the 3:25 showing of Iron Man 3. It was so good! And, I got the boys popcorn and only had a little. But, I did have some chocolate candy

Hello and welcome. Fellow teacher here. I teach for an alternative education program. I also teach History and am the special education teacher as well. I spent a good 3 hours writing my midterm progress reports on IEPs today I am actually thinking of applying to a few online schools/programs near me. Do you teach for national company?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today was a pretty good day other than my lunch choice lol. I ate too many carbs and will pay for it on the scale the next few days. DS turned double digits today. We are waiting to really celebrate his birthday until the 19th so we can combine both boys (other DS will be 7 on the 23rd) into one big family party. So, we saw Iron Man 3 today to celebrate. That was his choice and it was very good.

I just sat down to make a menu for the week and make a grocery list. DSs have soccer games tomorrow, so I want to grocery shop after they are done so I'm not doing it Sunday. I also want to get to bed earlier tonight (I'm shooting for 10 pm). I'd love to wake up refreshed, workout, go get the cupcakes for the soccer game (I know, not healthy, but soooo delicious~they are like the ones on those cupcake wars on tv. We do cut them in half for the kids and parents ) and head off to the games at 10:10. So, I'm going to run to finish up my lists and some laundry. Have a good Friday night

Jill
Great job on your speedy run, Jill! Busy work week and now a busy week-end -- enjoy a restful day on Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Oops I'm a dope and PM'd my weight today - I'm in the Friday habit!! LOL
LOL! We do have that Friday weigh in habit around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quote of the day:

You aren't going to get the butt you want, by sitting on the one you have

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
LOL! So true, Buffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Just finishing my coffee before I walk. I think I'll head outside for about 30 minutes and then the TM for another 30. I would do the whole time outside but I only know one good walking area here (I'm at the Y) and it doesn't take that long. But I am committing here NOW to do a full 60 minutes! Mentally I don't want to, but I know I should. So I'm putting down the IPad after the coffee is gone and pulling out the earbuds and heading out! BBL to chat..........P
Way to go getting that activity in early, Pamela. Those long days at the Y are coming to an end.

How are you liking your little friend ActiveLink? I have mixed emotions about it. It thinks I should do more and I think it doesn't always fully appreciate the effort I do make. But it has helped me with what I wanted it to do which is to be more active all the time, not just on training days. And I knew in my heart that was what I needed and I have the losses to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
I am getting much better at getting more bang for my calorie buck. WW really helps you with the free fruits and vegetables. You get dinged a lot of calories for more processed foods, like muffins, those little calorie bombs. It is a process learning what works and what doesn't -- I'm coming to appreciate that it is a lifelong process that will never end.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #108
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
Not so surprised any more, but it is great to have that visual reminder! I am definitely a volume eater and have learned a lot about getting the most bang for my calorie-bucks over the years.

I can have HALF (4slices) of a homemade thin crust pizza, loaded with veggies and a bit of low fat cheese for just one point less than ONE SLICE of Pizza Hut medium thin crust cheese pizza. I'll take the 4 slices all day long!

Like I said, I'm not shocked much any more, but I certainly was when I started this journey. I thought a reduced fat blueberry muffin at Dunkin Donuts was an okay choice occasionally....but once I figured out the points.....haven't had one since! So not worth it (and the ingredients are crap).

Most shocking? Probably the pot pie portion!
Lisa....great QOTD again! ............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-04-2013 at 07:53 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #109
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,772

Okie -dokie........57 minute walk/run outside and 30 minute TM "glutes and thighs" workout done!

I'm caught up here and have answered the super QOTD, so I'm off to waste some time on Pinterest while I wait another 30 minutes for DD. then home for breakfast and yard work! TTYL..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #110
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,226

Most shocking to me was the pizza.....I knew it was bad....but not that bad!!! Haven't had pizza since starting this journey in January, I used to eat it at least once a week, main;y for convenience. TBH, I've not even craved it that much. We planned on having it twice and changed our minds at the last moment to something more healthy.

Been food shopping this morning, lots of offers in ASDA (UK version of Walmart) so stocked up on fat free yoghurt, rice, fish, chicken roast, and washing detergent!!! Veggie offers at our local Aldi (similar to Lidl......don't know if you have Aldi??) change tomorrow, so I'm waiting to see what they have before buying stuff for this week.

Been planning for my week away at the beginning of June, downloaded some jogging/walking routes for the area near my hotel so that I can get out each day. I like to return to the hotel to change into casual clothes then take myself away from the madness for an hour or so to wind down before dinner. Being on a committee with the same 11 other people in a room together for a week can be quite exhausting!!

I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back somehow!! Down the right side of my spine around the waist area. Woke up with it this morning. Decided against the camping as I don't want to aggravate it. DH is going to give me a gentle massage tonight and he's going to turn the mattress on the bed to see if that helps.

Be back later to see what you're all up to.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #111
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,014

Happy Saturday!

Time to exercise, plan meals, shop and clean today. It is going to be BUSY!

So, to answer the QOTD?

Well, pasta servings was my "eye opener" when I got my food scale. I try and limit that food and when I do have it I only take a little.

Plus McDonalds. I expected my old standby Filet O Fish to be higher in fat and calories. Now it is not a great choice but at 390 calories with a tea, it is not too bad in a pinch.

Now I am not a fan of cheese on sandwiches despite being a cheese-a-holic and removing cheese, mayo, tartar sauce, dressings, etc can really decrease fat grams as well as calories on things.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #112
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 315

I was shocked at some of the "healthy foods" I'd been eating - the starchy ones especially like rice and beans. I have tried to cut back on starch without depriving myself. Fewer sandwiches and pastas but OK every once in a while. My exercise was not great last month because I was having a lot of back pain (have been in physical therapy, etc, for months w no improvement and increasing pain). Finally this week I had an MRI and they found a bulging disc and some SI joint problems and I was able to get a steroid injection in the joint. It is already starting to provide some relief, thank goodness, because we are off on our WDW trip next week and it could have been miserable. I am hoping the insane amount of walking won't aggravate things too much, and am packing plenty of Motrin to keep down the inflammation and will take it easy. That said, I was careful to be pretty conservative in my weight loss goal for the month and won't weigh myself until at least a few days after we get back. Not going to feel any guilt for a few pounds if they are courtesy of the Mouse!! LOL!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #113
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
I remember being surprised at things when I started, but can't remember exactly what now. I remember things that I thought were healthy, weren't so healthy according to calorie counting and then weight watchers points. DH and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast last Monday since I was off of work and DSs had school. I got a veggie omelet with egg beaters, one piece of wheat toast, and fresh fruit. Weight watchers had it as 7 points. I calculated DHs humongous breakfast of eggs, potatoes, sausage, and pancakes...51 points! Those pancakes looked sooooooo good though!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Enjoy your busy day! Hope you got good sleep!............P
Thank you! I slept a solid 8 hours! Except for the fact I fell asleep at 9:30 and was up at 5:30 am on a Saturday So, I worked out at 6:30, looked for healthy recipes then showered before soccer. I also hit Sam's Club, Aldi's, and Giant Eagle, so I am dragging now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Great job on your speedy run, Jill! Busy work week and now a busy week-end -- enjoy a restful day on Sunday!
Thanks, but I probably should've mentioned that that was last summer. I'd like to make that same goal for this summer, but I am getting a late start with my running this year. I plan on completely resting tomorrow...unless I mulch my backyard... I hope you have a restful Sunday!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Okie -dokie........57 minute walk/run outside and 30 minute TM "glutes and thighs" workout done!

I'm caught up here and have answered the super QOTD, so I'm off to waste some time on Pinterest while I wait another 30 minutes for DD. then home for breakfast and yard work! TTYL..........P
Great job on the workout. Only 30 minutes for Pinterest? That's just not enough time


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back somehow!! Down the right side of my spine around the waist area. Woke up with it this morning. Decided against the camping as I don't want to aggravate it. DH is going to give me a gentle massage tonight and he's going to turn the mattress on the bed to see if that helps.

Be back later to see what you're all up to.
Ouch. Take it easy and relax. I hope your back feels better soon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
I was shocked at some of the "healthy foods" I'd been eating - the starchy ones especially like rice and beans. I have tried to cut back on starch without depriving myself. Fewer sandwiches and pastas but OK every once in a while. My exercise was not great last month because I was having a lot of back pain (have been in physical therapy, etc, for months w no improvement and increasing pain). Finally this week I had an MRI and they found a bulging disc and some SI joint problems and I was able to get a steroid injection in the joint. It is already starting to provide some relief, thank goodness, because we are off on our WDW trip next week and it could have been miserable. I am hoping the insane amount of walking won't aggravate things too much, and am packing plenty of Motrin to keep down the inflammation and will take it easy. That said, I was careful to be pretty conservative in my weight loss goal for the month and won't weigh myself until at least a few days after we get back. Not going to feel any guilt for a few pounds if they are courtesy of the Mouse!! LOL!
Yikes. Back pain is no joke. I'm glad you are getting some relief. Have a great trip!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Saturday! Well, today proved even more busy than planned. After 2 great soccer games, my sister wanted to go to Sam's Club. It's about 20 minutes away. So, I left DSs and DH at home and went shopping with her. I came home, unloaded that trip, and ran to Aldi's and Giant Eagle for a few other things I didn't need in bulk. Hello...just need one onion, not 5 pounds DSs and I are now just vegging out and watch tv. They are also playing the tablet since they aren't allowed to play Mon-Thurs (school nights). They really didn't get to play yesterday since we went to a movie, so they are trying to get their fill of Mine Craft. I still don't understand that game

Tomorrow we have Sunday School and then I may mulch. Or, I may just take the day to relax and get some cleaning done inside. I swear I cannot keep up with this house!

Susan~thought you would enjoy this~a cat decided to have her babies under our mudroom in the back. The problem is that our yard is fenced in and the dog has a doggy door. So, Charley the Australian Cattle dog is none too happy that something is living under our mudroom. That's actually how we found them, the dog was going bonkers. So, DH crawled under the deck and shoved a camera under the mudroom to randomly snap pictures. We saw the mother and 2 kittens, but don't know if that's all there is. So my cat hating DH set up a trap to catch the mother so he can take them to a shelter. But, the mama isn't stupid and didn't fall for his idea So, I went out the other day and just called her and she came right out. She is so pretty and friendly. She looks so young, too. So DSs and I decided to just feed her. DH is not too happy with us. We are trying to convince him to keep the mother and get homes for the kittens, but he's not budging. He doesn't like the cat I have now lol. So, we are just waiting for now. We haven't actually seen the kittens. They are pretty far back under the room. I just hope mama keeps them safe and they don't wander out! We had an opossum baby massacre a few years ago and don't want that to happen again!

Okay, I am off to catch up on the exercise thread. Have a great night.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #114
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,304
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
Bread, Bread shocks me with calorie content. One slice of Arnold Oat nut bread is 170 calories. Just the bread for the sandwich is 95% of my allotted calories for lunch. I switched to Arnold Flaxseed and Fiber thins, 100 calories for the whole bun! I use them for veggie burgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches and fried egg white sandwiches.


**********************

Busy day here today. DS16 was invited last minute to run in the Varsity invite so we were there all day. He had no expectations for this meet because he's never run with the top dogs before in Track. He just went out and had fun and ran the 3200 (2 mile) in 10:45:91!!! And he qualified for ECC's which is our regional post season event.
Coach was soooo impressed with his performance today. DS16 is currently the 2nd fastest runner in the 3200 for our team! WOOHOO!!!

For DS16, who plowed through his brick wall today.
Quote of the day:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


Oh and the second quote of the day:
"He came out of nowhere"
-The boy that DS blew past in the last 200 meters.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #115
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,516



Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish, I wish tonight.

Ohh, a world of wishes,
A world where dreams come true.
So make a wish, see it through.
Dare to do what dreamers do.

Wishes...
Dream a dream.
Wishes...
Set it free.
Wishes…
Trust your heart.
Just believe.


Here we are at the end of our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. And my last little excerpt from a sparkpeople article.

Boldly explore your dreams

As we grow older, we reflect upon our lives--the things that we have done and the things we didn't do. Don't let this happen to you! What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Imagine the difference this could make in your life. Imagine how fearlessly you would march across the beach in your bathing suit! Break the habits of fear that are holding you back and forget the hundreds of distractions that seem to justify not trying new things! Achieve your dreams, take risks, build your vision and go boldly towards it.

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #116
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Okie -dokie........57 minute walk/run outside and 30 minute TM "glutes and thighs" workout done!

I'm caught up here and have answered the super QOTD, so I'm off to waste some time on Pinterest while I wait another 30 minutes for DD. then home for breakfast and yard work! TTYL..........P
I hear you on the Pinterest, Pamela, I can spend an hour hopping from one thing to another and not even realize it. That is a sure sign that we are enjoying ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Most shocking to me was the pizza.....I knew it was bad....but not that bad!!! Haven't had pizza since starting this journey in January, I used to eat it at least once a week, main;y for convenience. TBH, I've not even craved it that much. We planned on having it twice and changed our minds at the last moment to something more healthy.

Been food shopping this morning, lots of offers in ASDA (UK version of Walmart) so stocked up on fat free yoghurt, rice, fish, chicken roast, and washing detergent!!! Veggie offers at our local Aldi (similar to Lidl......don't know if you have Aldi??) change tomorrow, so I'm waiting to see what they have before buying stuff for this week.

Been planning for my week away at the beginning of June, downloaded some jogging/walking routes for the area near my hotel so that I can get out each day. I like to return to the hotel to change into casual clothes then take myself away from the madness for an hour or so to wind down before dinner. Being on a committee with the same 11 other people in a room together for a week can be quite exhausting!!

I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back somehow!! Down the right side of my spine around the waist area. Woke up with it this morning. Decided against the camping as I don't want to aggravate it. DH is going to give me a gentle massage tonight and he's going to turn the mattress on the bed to see if that helps.
Helen, hope that the back is feeling better today! Great plan for your meeting -- taking a walk outside will be the perfect way to shake the cobwebs loose and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Happy Saturday!

Time to exercise, plan meals, shop and clean today. It is going to be BUSY!

So, to answer the QOTD?

Well, pasta servings was my "eye opener" when I got my food scale. I try and limit that food and when I do have it I only take a little.

Plus McDonalds. I expected my old standby Filet O Fish to be higher in fat and calories. Now it is not a great choice but at 390 calories with a tea, it is not too bad in a pinch.

Now I am not a fan of cheese on sandwiches despite being a cheese-a-holic and removing cheese, mayo, tartar sauce, dressings, etc can really decrease fat grams as well as calories on things.
Good point, MM. You can find healthier choices in a pinch if you take a few minutes to look at things. McDonald's just came out with an egg white egg sandwich. Even a regular old Egg McMuffin is 300 calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
I was shocked at some of the "healthy foods" I'd been eating - the starchy ones especially like rice and beans. I have tried to cut back on starch without depriving myself. Fewer sandwiches and pastas but OK every once in a while. My exercise was not great last month because I was having a lot of back pain (have been in physical therapy, etc, for months w no improvement and increasing pain). Finally this week I had an MRI and they found a bulging disc and some SI joint problems and I was able to get a steroid injection in the joint. It is already starting to provide some relief, thank goodness, because we are off on our WDW trip next week and it could have been miserable. I am hoping the insane amount of walking won't aggravate things too much, and am packing plenty of Motrin to keep down the inflammation and will take it easy. That said, I was careful to be pretty conservative in my weight loss goal for the month and won't weigh myself until at least a few days after we get back. Not going to feel any guilt for a few pounds if they are courtesy of the Mouse!! LOL!
So sorry about the back pain! I hope the PT gets you fixed up quickly so you can enjoy your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I remember being surprised at things when I started, but can't remember exactly what now. I remember things that I thought were healthy, weren't so healthy according to calorie counting and then weight watchers points. DH and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast last Monday since I was off of work and DSs had school. I got a veggie omelet with egg beaters, one piece of wheat toast, and fresh fruit. Weight watchers had it as 7 points. I calculated DHs humongous breakfast of eggs, potatoes, sausage, and pancakes...51 points! Those pancakes looked sooooooo good though!

Wowza on a 51 points breakfast! I'm sure the pancakes did look very tasty.


Thank you! I slept a solid 8 hours! Except for the fact I fell asleep at 9:30 and was up at 5:30 am on a Saturday So, I worked out at 6:30, looked for healthy recipes then showered before soccer. I also hit Sam's Club, Aldi's, and Giant Eagle, so I am dragging now.




Thanks, but I probably should've mentioned that that was last summer. I'd like to make that same goal for this summer, but I am getting a late start with my running this year. I plan on completely resting tomorrow...unless I mulch my backyard... I hope you have a restful Sunday!

I don't think mulching counts as resting. Maybe if you rest today the mulching fairy will come this week and take care of it for you.


Great job on the workout. Only 30 minutes for Pinterest? That's just not enough time




Ouch. Take it easy and relax. I hope your back feels better soon!




Yikes. Back pain is no joke. I'm glad you are getting some relief. Have a great trip!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Saturday! Well, today proved even more busy than planned. After 2 great soccer games, my sister wanted to go to Sam's Club. It's about 20 minutes away. So, I left DSs and DH at home and went shopping with her. I came home, unloaded that trip, and ran to Aldi's and Giant Eagle for a few other things I didn't need in bulk. Hello...just need one onion, not 5 pounds DSs and I are now just vegging out and watch tv. They are also playing the tablet since they aren't allowed to play Mon-Thurs (school nights). They really didn't get to play yesterday since we went to a movie, so they are trying to get their fill of Mine Craft. I still don't understand that game

Mine Craft is an amazing game. People have done so many cool things with it -- made Hogwarts, working musical instrucments, -- it's not just for griefing and finding stuff. My son continually comes back to it.

Tomorrow we have Sunday School and then I may mulch. Or, I may just take the day to relax and get some cleaning done inside. I swear I cannot keep up with this house!

Cleaning doesn't count as relaxing.

Susan~thought you would enjoy this~a cat decided to have her babies under our mudroom in the back. The problem is that our yard is fenced in and the dog has a doggy door. So, Charley the Australian Cattle dog is none too happy that something is living under our mudroom. That's actually how we found them, the dog was going bonkers. So, DH crawled under the deck and shoved a camera under the mudroom to randomly snap pictures. We saw the mother and 2 kittens, but don't know if that's all there is. So my cat hating DH set up a trap to catch the mother so he can take them to a shelter. But, the mama isn't stupid and didn't fall for his idea So, I went out the other day and just called her and she came right out. She is so pretty and friendly. She looks so young, too. So DSs and I decided to just feed her. DH is not too happy with us. We are trying to convince him to keep the mother and get homes for the kittens, but he's not budging. He doesn't like the cat I have now lol. So, we are just waiting for now. We haven't actually seen the kittens. They are pretty far back under the room. I just hope mama keeps them safe and they don't wander out! We had an opossum baby massacre a few years ago and don't want that to happen again!

Absolutely not!

Okay, I am off to catch up on the exercise thread. Have a great night.

Jill
Hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing day today, Jill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Bread, Bread shocks me with calorie content. One slice of Arnold Oat nut bread is 170 calories. Just the bread for the sandwich is 95% of my allotted calories for lunch. I switched to Arnold Flaxseed and Fiber thins, 100 calories for the whole bun! I use them for veggie burgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches and fried egg white sandwiches.


**********************

Busy day here today. DS16 was invited last minute to run in the Varsity invite so we were there all day. He had no expectations for this meet because he's never run with the top dogs before in Track. He just went out and had fun and ran the 3200 (2 mile) in 10:45:91!!! And he qualified for ECC's which is our regional post season event.
Coach was soooo impressed with his performance today. DS16 is currently the 2nd fastest runner in the 3200 for our team! WOOHOO!!!

For DS16, who plowed through his brick wall today.
Quote of the day:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


Oh and the second quote of the day:
"He came out of nowhere"
-The boy that DS blew past in the last 200 meters.
I love the brick wall quote, Buffy! Congrats to your two speedy sons on their meet.

Are you saying that you allot 185 calories for your lunch? The Arnold Flaxseed Thins sound yummy -- I love anything with flaxseed.

The skies are blue and the birds are singing here today. Time for a little yard work and a little relaxing. It is a real treat to stay home on Sunday and not go anywhere.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #117
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,226

I want to RUN a 5K....just for me, no-one else, and just because I can!!!

I'm doing fine with the walking, but am finding it really hard to make that step up to running. I've tried the first week of couch to 5K, but can't even manage that!! I will get there though.

I've been out and walked 3 miles this morning (very slowly due to my back pain), but figured it was better to keep moving than let it seize up completely. We walked across the Humber Bridge and back in some lovely spring sunshine. The bridge itself is pretty impressive..........



OH has promised me an iced americano with sugar free hazelnut syrup as a reward for keeping up my exercise, so going out for that now.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #118
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I want to RUN a 5K....just for me, no-one else, and just because I can!!!

I'm doing fine with the walking, but am finding it really hard to make that step up to running. I've tried the first week of couch to 5K, but can't even manage that!! I will get there though.

I've been out and walked 3 miles this morning (very slowly due to my back pain), but figured it was better to keep moving than let it seize up completely. We walked across the Humber Bridge and back in some lovely spring sunshine. The bridge itself is pretty impressive..........



OH has promised me an iced americano with sugar free hazelnut syrup as a reward for keeping up my exercise, so going out for that now.
Enjoy your outing with OH!

A 5K is a very doable goal. I never finished the C25K either -- I can't run 3 miles straight. But I can run/walk/run all day long using Jeff Galloway's method. He is the running consultant for Run Disney. Here is a link to his 5K program -- which is also available as an app for you phone http://jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html and I am also linking to the Tower of Terror 10 miler training program which has a lot of good information about training for a race for reference. http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo.../TOT13_Beg.pdf But wait until your back is 100% healed for sure!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #119
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,772

Morning all! I'm up and moving. I've had my morning walk (with DD ) and we talked about our trip!!

I've got two pounds of green beans roasting in the oven and I've made my Epcot inspired Moroccan couscous salad chilling in the fridge. I'm bringing those today to our visit with DH's family. His niece and grandniece are here visiting from TX and we are all getting together.... plus I haven't seen the new grandnephew who lives in Maine, so we will get to see him too!

Yesterday was a crazy blur of yard work! I was exhausted last night. I splurged on not one, but TWO light beers..... counted them and had the Points for them, but it was still a splurge.

Oatmeal for breakfast was mmmm-mmmm-good! I'm relaxing my stranglehold on "no-carbs" for today since we will be eating away, so oatmeal with a bit of real sugar was a nice start for the day!

Off to figure out what I am wearing. If I can use the mobile wifi later, I will be back to answer the QOTD and chat a bit more..............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #120
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Bread, Bread shocks me with calorie content. One slice of Arnold Oat nut bread is 170 calories. Just the bread for the sandwich is 95% of my allotted calories for lunch. I switched to Arnold Flaxseed and Fiber thins, 100 calories for the whole bun! I use them for veggie burgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches and fried egg white sandwiches.

I buy the Joseph's Flaxseed and oat bran lower carb sandwich thins and use them for everything too!


**********************

Busy day here today. DS16 was invited last minute to run in the Varsity invite so we were there all day. He had no expectations for this meet because he's never run with the top dogs before in Track. He just went out and had fun and ran the 3200 (2 mile) in 10:45:91!!! And he qualified for ECC's which is our regional post season event.
Coach was soooo impressed with his performance today. DS16 is currently the 2nd fastest runner in the 3200 for our team! WOOHOO!!!

MAJOR WOOHOOO!!!!!

For DS16, who plowed through his brick wall today.
Quote of the day:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


Oh and the second quote of the day:
"He came out of nowhere"
-The boy that DS blew past in the last 200 meters.
And a BIG YEEE-HAAA for that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post


Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish, I wish tonight.

Ohh, a world of wishes,
A world where dreams come true.
So make a wish, see it through.
Dare to do what dreamers do.

Wishes...
Dream a dream.
Wishes...
Set it free.
Wishes…
Trust your heart.
Just believe.


Here we are at the end of our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. And my last little excerpt from a sparkpeople article.

If I weren't visiting the MK soon, that would have made me CRY!!

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.
I guess my big dreams for JUST ME (hard to think about JUST ME when thinking of the kids is so ingrained).... TRAVEL! I LONG to see the world! And I frustrated by my lack of travel funds and my DH who isn't interested in seeing much of anything besides the tv it seems. He promises me that when we retire we will travel some, but I'm not sure I really see that happening. That said, I am NOT afraid to be independent and take myself traveling if I so desire!..................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.