Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #331
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Seems like everyone is doing good, particularly with either 30DS or Holiday planning/packing.

Well, I'm finally done with my 'days away'!! Meetings all behind me, stuck to the diet pretty good, made good lunch choices from the buffet and ate lots of fruit.

Went to the gym straight after work tonight and did 40 mins on the treadmill, doing the Galloway walk/run thing.....quite enjoyed it actually. Must remember to put my iPod in the bag next time though!!

Then it was straight to slimming class, where I discovered that I am down 5.5lbs (over 2 weeks as I missed last week), so achieved my 3 stone (42lb) award with lbs to spare. I also got my exam results this morning - passed with 71% so well happy!!

Good luck with your personal challenges....and please can we have some more pics of the kitties?????
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #332
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post

BAMB -- is that 30 days for exercise? or journaling?
30 day shred by Jillian Michaels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
How did you do, Buffy? It's kind of tough isn't it? I am doing quite a bit of modification because I don't want to hurt my knees before my race on Sunday. I feel like I'm getting quite a good workout even with my modifications!
Sadly I still haven't started yet. We had field day yesterday and being in the sun and the heat all day wiped me out. I came home, showered and took a long nap.
I hope to do it tonight after the kids go to bed. I just need to do it. Once I start, continuing will be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #333
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Seems like everyone is doing good, particularly with either 30DS or Holiday planning/packing.

Well, I'm finally done with my 'days away'!! Meetings all behind me, stuck to the diet pretty good, made good lunch choices from the buffet and ate lots of fruit.

Went to the gym straight after work tonight and did 40 mins on the treadmill, doing the Galloway walk/run thing.....quite enjoyed it actually. Must remember to put my iPod in the bag next time though!!

Then it was straight to slimming class, where I discovered that I am down 5.5lbs (over 2 weeks as I missed last week), so achieved my 3 stone (42lb) award with lbs to spare. I also got my exam results this morning - passed with 71% so well happy!!

Good luck with your personal challenges....and please can we have some more pics of the kitties?????
Eliza-- you are 'bloomin' like the 'lil' english flower you are...

quotd--either way. These sound like wonderful people. Sometime I sense my great grandparents around--it's rare but they have a lot of people to keep track of lol.

And of course-- you ask for kitty pics, you get. Here's what I like to call Misty pileup:

In the backyard:

Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #334
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

QUOTD Thursday 5/22

In face of an impending disaster which possession would you try to save? Photo albums don't count or pets, we'll assume all loved ones are ok.

For me--top of my head--my purse I guess, that or my glasses lol.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #335
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good morning everyone.

I am sorry that I haven't updated the front page. I will be doing it tonight. I have been busy every evening this week. I only have yoga tonight so I will be doing it after school.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #336
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! I had a big post done and it went POOF and I am at school with just 1 minute left.

Long story short.... DD came home from school not feeling well yesterday.... and we leave for Disney TOMORROW!! Anyhow.... took her to the doctor's office last night and she has a sinus infection. She started antibiotics and they recommended a decongestant, so hopefully she will feel like herself by tomorrow! (Prayers and PD appreciated!)

We ended up missing swim practice (and workout time) because of the appointment and subsequent trip to Target for the script. Oh well.

I stayed up late trying to get the packing finished. I'm not done, but it is close. I don't think that I have anything left to buy (why does traveling always involve buying new sox and undies?).

I've gotta dash for now... class will be here in under 5 minutes! TTYL.........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #337
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
QUOTD Thursday 5/22

In face of an impending disaster which possession would you try to save? Photo albums don't count or pets, we'll assume all loved ones are ok.
Great qotd! First thing that pops into my head is my cradle. My grandfather made it for me when I was born and I slept in it, as did my brother and my two double first cousins and all of our kids! It is really special to me.

Second thing that pops up is our small fire safe with lots of important documents and some emergency cash. They would be replaceable for the most part, but still nice to not lose (birth certificates, SS cards, etc).

.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #338
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

QOTD: I would take our Ipad only because it has doubled as our camera for the past year and I have not downloaded any of its pictures Plus we could communicate with family quickly! All our apps are on there

CONGRATS Eliza!!! 5.5 pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME!!! Way to go on the exercise, too!!

Pjlla! Praying for your daughter! Not good to start Disney feeling low, but that nice sunny weather should really help clear up those sinuses!

Love the kitten pictures, I'll have to post some of our feral cat's kittens, they are 6 weeks old now, we have them all trapped in our garage trying to get the mom to come out, she's been in there 5 days but will not play with us..the kittens are great..found a shelter who will spay/neuter them all and find homes for the kittens we can release the mom once she is spayed...we have 4 more feral cats we are trying to catch...sigh

I am so excited about weighing in tomorrow! I know I've lost some more from my 3 pound loss last week, hoping to be that much closer to 180s! I have about 2.5 weeks to get my goal of 185...YES!! Shaved 3 minutes off my 5K time...that was awesome!!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #339
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Wow, lovely kitty pictures. Misty looks like a very tolerant mum with all of that climbing going on!!

Ducked out of zumba tonight. Can't seem to get warm today, so having a hot bath, a baked potato with cheese for tea, then an early night.

One more day at work then it's a long weekend as Monday is a public holiday here. Am planning for the gym again on Saturday morning but probably no bike riding as the wind here is horrible at the moment.

Back with my WI tomorrow morning............
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #340
pjlla
<><

Afternoon my friends! I am in 3rd grade now and they are watching a movie, so I have a few minutes to catch up here! I'll read and reply while I have a few minutes.........P

OMG..... I just saw my countdown timer!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #341
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Sending good thoughts for your daughter. Maybe just having a more low key trip would be cool for a change. Ours was like that last time and it was really nice.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #342
pjlla
<><

Quote:

OH my gosh! Congrats on losing ANOTHER 5+ pounds! You are on a roll... and good job on passing the exam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Sadly I still haven't started yet. We had field day yesterday and being in the sun and the heat all day wiped me out. I came home, showered and took a long nap.
I hope to do it tonight after the kids go to bed. I just need to do it. Once I start, continuing will be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
It is pure physics.... "a body in motions tends to stay in motion" and all that jazz. The more time I take off of formal exercise, the less I want to do it.So you are RIGHT.... once you get started, the easier it will be. BTW, I will be thinking of you and DS while I'm at Disney this weekend! It was so wonderful to meet you there!

Quote:
Eliza-- you are 'bloomin' like the 'lil' english flower you are...

quotd--either way. These sound like wonderful people. Sometime I sense my great grandparents around--it's rare but they have a lot of people to keep track of lol.

And of course-- you ask for kitty pics, you get. Here's what I like to call Misty pileup:

In the backyard:

I could eat up that little grey tabby!! And the tattoo is adorable. I took art/ oil painting classes when I was about 13 y/o and choose for my "final" painting that same kitty!! (Sure, most folks were doing still life with fruit and flowers.... but I chose a Disney kitty... of course! ) I've still got it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
QOTD: I would take our Ipad only because it has doubled as our camera for the past year and I have not downloaded any of its pictures Plus we could communicate with family quickly! All our apps are on there

Great practical idea!

CONGRATS Eliza!!! 5.5 pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME!!! Way to go on the exercise, too!!

Pjlla! Praying for your daughter! Not good to start Disney feeling low, but that nice sunny weather should really help clear up those sinuses!

Thanks for the prayers. Just got a text from the chiropractor that they can fit us both in this afternoon as well, so we should be feeling much better by this time tomorrow!

Love the kitten pictures, I'll have to post some of our feral cat's kittens, they are 6 weeks old now, we have them all trapped in our garage trying to get the mom to come out, she's been in there 5 days but will not play with us..the kittens are great..found a shelter who will spay/neuter them all and find homes for the kittens we can release the mom once she is spayed...we have 4 more feral cats we are trying to catch...sigh

So wonderful of you to take care of these kitties and to take steps to prevent more of them.

I am so excited about weighing in tomorrow! I know I've lost some more from my 3 pound loss last week, hoping to be that much closer to 180s! I have about 2.5 weeks to get my goal of 185...YES!! Shaved 3 minutes off my 5K time...that was awesome!!
Fingers crossed for you that tomorrow's weigh-in is what you are hoping for.... and congrats on taking off the 3 minutes!!

Quote:
Wow, lovely kitty pictures. Misty looks like a very tolerant mum with all of that climbing going on!!

Ducked out of zumba tonight. Can't seem to get warm today, so having a hot bath, a baked potato with cheese for tea, then an early night.

One more day at work then it's a long weekend as Monday is a public holiday here. Am planning for the gym again on Saturday morning but probably no bike riding as the wind here is horrible at the moment.

Back with my WI tomorrow morning............
We have a holiday on Monday here as well. That is why it was a good weekend to take DD away. We will be able to spend 4 days at Disney with just one day away from school.

YEAH.... I'm caught up. I've kept a notepad by my side all day and continue to add to my last minute packing and last minute to do lists! I don't have to leave the house until about 1pm tomorrow, so I should have plenty of time in the morning to do anything last minute. But of course, the chiropractic appointment tonight will eat into any "extra" evening time I had. Oh well... DD and I really need it! Gotta get our necks and backs manipulated into shape so they can get thrown OUT of shape on Rockin' Rollercoaster!

Had some white sugar carbs last night (gave into headache temptations) and paid for it with a .2 gain on the scale this morning. My lack of exercise lately seems to be the only explanation I can come up with why the scale just isn't budging lately. So obviously, after my trip I will be back on track and back on the TM!

I've got one last errand to run tonight other than chiropractor and swim practice. I cannot find my pedometer that I took to Disney the last time.... which makes me sad because it was a really good one (Brookstones) and it was already set to my stride. I bought one at Target yesterday, but don't really like it so I am hoping to stop at a sporting goods store tonight for a better one.

I made my eggplant and sundried tomato spread again this past weekend and have been trying it with different things and it is so yummy! I think I posted the recipe on the BL recipe thread, but if I didn't, I'll do so asap. Today I had it spread on slices of turkey rolled around light string cheese. Earlier this week I had it on a toasted low carb pita topped with some melted light cheddar.

Okay..... off for now!............P

Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #343
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good afternoon!!! Been busy. However I did find a camera cable and now I am working on my nature pics and all that jazz. I am still new to all of this.

Here is a pic of my first poppy flower. I planted these seeds LAST spring and then forgot what they were. They stayed alive almost all winter outside. I took it in for a little while though. Here you go! This is actually from my phone. I finally figured out how to crop and save.

How pretty!!!

Quote:

Wow, you are doing so well! And congratulations on your exam results! Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Hope you manage to get started! I agree, starting was the biggest step!

Quote:
And of course-- you ask for kitty pics, you get.

Aww! They are so cute!! Are you going to keep them or are you going to find homes for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Hope you will have a great weigh in!! Sounds like you are doing really well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
OMG..... I just saw my countdown timer!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

Have a fantastic trip!!

And Pamela, thanks for the advice about how being tired can cause hunger. I think that was really the case for me with the jet lag. My body was feeling tired because it was still used to the different time zone and I had a nasty head cold on top of that. I am feeling a million times better now and suddenly my eating is much more under control again. Unfortunately napping during work was not really an option!

----

Just finished my 30DS for the day. I think even though it is still a challenging workout for me, I do see that I am better at it this time around then when I was first doing it. So that is at least something!

I am thinking about signing up for Weight Watchers again. I used it quite a lot for previous weight losses, but then I think I got to the point where I got to good at "gaming the system". But I see that they changed their program to a certain degree since I last used it and am thinking that something new will keep me more accountable. Also, they now have an iphone app, so I hope that this will make tracking easier. I am a bit tired of tracking, but I also know that's the only way I can lose. So hopefully shiny new toys will give me the boost I need!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #344
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

ahhh Jillian 30 day shred...thank you been wondering. i will have to look at that and make that a goal to do sometime soon in my future!

this has not been a banner week and i expect the scale will be unkind tomorrow. i've stayed on tracke with my workout schedule, but oh my i'm aching. i'm trying to cut my steroid dose down too and it adds to the aches. anyone here had belly surgery, more specifically mesh for a hernia? message me if you don't want to post publically. just looking for timeline of when this and that feels better

TGIF!! tomorrow is a mani/pedi Groupon with my DDs that we gave them for christmas. and just in time for summer...i'm so ready for a pedi!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #345
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Friday morning everyone.

It is rainy and yucky here in jersey. It is supposed to be this way until Sunday morning. Lucky me, I get to work on a deck tomorrow morning in the rain. IT is either then or Monday and I don't want to go Monday. Sunday is my niece's graduation party. She graduated yesterday and thanks to modern technology I got to see her get her diploma.

Question of the Day

(in honor of Pamela leaving for DW)

What is your favorite park? WHY?

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: