Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #316
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

ACK!! i'm so far behind in reading!! i don't know that i'll be able to catch up so pardon me while i jump back in

back Tracey!!

today i started 10k traininng schedule...no event in mind other than walking WDW for a couple days! i do so much better when i have a schedule and thinking isn't involved. more like, planning the week to do what's on the schedule

so that's what i'm looking forward to this summer!! (see ticker below) we added 3 days prior for WDW

pjlla -- have soo very much fun!!!

BAMB -- is that 30 days for exercise? or journaling?

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #317
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone! Don't know how much time I'll have between now and next Thursday to post and exercise. I was supposed to exercise today but ended up cleaning and now I'm glued to the tv and the devastation in OK! I'm just in awe at the damage! Praying for everyone there! Still have a lot to do tonight to finish cleaning. Everything had just gotten out of control and I was tired this weekend to do anything.

I did the Relay for Life on Friday night for the 3rd year. I walked over 13 miles in 12 hours. I did sleep for about 90 minutes in the cafeteria of the school where the event was held. It was a chilly night.

I am now the mother of a teenager! And she is taller than me!

Looking forward to Star Wars Weekend in 12 days! Can't wait! Another family from our town will be there on Friday so we hope to meet up with them.

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #318
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Read where some of you are starting 30 DS!! YAHOO! You will love it!! It really made a difference in helping me stay on track with food and I never missed a day...I'm now on week 3 of Ripped in 30 and while it's more weight training intensive...i do not think I could have done as well with it without doing 30 DS first!! I also did probably half of the tough girl stuff and half modified and still saw great results!

I started my training for 5k today!! Did 3.1 miles in 53 minutes..I ran for 1/2 a mile...I think I can actually get it to under 35 minutes if I really try! I will rest every other day on the treadmill training but continue doing 30 Ripped 6 days a week...she requires it on this one, so who's going to argue with Jillian!

This weekend will be a feis (Irish dance competition) for my daughters..they are at a level now that requires first places only to advance....and luck would have it that they combined their two age groups (just 13 months apart) so both will be competing against each other for that elusive first place...they are okay with it, but I hate the mommy factor of wanting to be thrilled for the victor and encourage the non-victor...they are great about it, just thrilled to see that either of them got a 1st place...I think I can do well with eating, we'll eat out for my son's 18th birthday!! WOW!! i'll have an 18 year old, he's a senior this fall, so I still have time with him But, he requests Red Lobster, I know I can find some broiled fish to eat that will be great for me!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #319
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Okay..... came in to clean the office and got futzing around in the computer with my reservations and such and ended up getting a new rental car booking.... saved $12.79 PLUS upgraded from economy car to compact.... and I could have upgraded to full-size for the previous price if I wanted! WOOHOO! That is over an hour's pay for me in my sub job! Plus DH is going to drive DD and I to the airport in RI on Friday so I was able to cancel my one-way car rental for that as well, saving another $60 (plus I discovered it was a "no mileage included" rental! ).

Online confirming my hotel reservations now. I booked through a third-party site and prepaid for the reservations, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I will be calling the hotel (All-Star Music) later to double check of course. I also originally booked it as a Fri-Mon. stay and then added the Monday night, so I want to be sure that we don't have to change rooms.

I've also been playing around with the cameras and memory cards and discovered 2 SD cards that won't read properly, so those went into the trash. I have two cards empty and ready to take and another new one in the package that I will open and test later today. I FINALLY feel like I am getting ready to go to DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................P
Good job on saving money and making sure stuff works. The stupid rechargeable batteries in my camera were worn out last trip so didn't get many pictures. Got some on our phones but not near enough for Disneyland At Christmas.

Just now finding out about the tornado... wow. Makes your own issues seem a lot smaller.

QUOTD Tuesday:

I ask myself, “How am I truly feeling inside?”

If my answer is “Not so hot” or “Upset,” I meditate and go to the quiet place where I can plug into my spiritual power source. The state of cheerfulness returns quickly. Every teacher who has been truly significant in my life has demonstrated this wondrous quality of being able to laugh, to take life lightly, to be silly and giddy. I ask myself, “How am I truly feeling inside?” If my answer is “Not so hot” or “Upset,” I meditate and go to the quiet place where I can plug into my spiritual power source. The state of cheerfulness returns quickly. Every teacher who has been truly significant in my life has demonstrated this wondrous quality of being able to laugh, to take life lightly, to be silly and giddy.
Use this measure to test your own level of spiritual awareness, and if you are not of good cheer remind yourself that you will never be fully satisfied but in Spirit. I love Erich Fromm’s insight, “Man is the only animal that can be bored, that can be disconnected, that can feel evicted from Paradise.” Remember, only you can evict yourself from the garden of paradise.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

I'm gonna try this...

OK
I'm doing pretty good really. I shouldn't but it's weird-- I just am. Probably something to do with killer workout and jacuzzi.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #320
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Good job on saving money and making sure stuff works. The stupid rechargeable batteries in my camera were worn out last trip so didn't get many pictures. Got some on our phones but not near enough for Disneyland At Christmas.

We bought a new smaller camera for our trip two years ago (because I didn't want to lug the larger one around the parks) and hated it. It had non-stop battery and memory card issues for the entire trip. Fortunately we had also brought along our regular bigger camera and ended up using it the whole time. Just bringing the bigger one this time.

Just now finding out about the tornado... wow. Makes your own issues seem a lot smaller.

Agreed.

QUOTD Tuesday:

I ask myself, How am I truly feeling inside?

If my answer is Not so hot or Upset, I meditate and go to the quiet place where I can plug into my spiritual power source. The state of cheerfulness returns quickly. Every teacher who has been truly significant in my life has demonstrated this wondrous quality of being able to laugh, to take life lightly, to be silly and giddy. I ask myself, How am I truly feeling inside? If my answer is Not so hot or Upset, I meditate and go to the quiet place where I can plug into my spiritual power source. The state of cheerfulness returns quickly. Every teacher who has been truly significant in my life has demonstrated this wondrous quality of being able to laugh, to take life lightly, to be silly and giddy.
Use this measure to test your own level of spiritual awareness, and if you are not of good cheer remind yourself that you will never be fully satisfied but in Spirit. I love Erich Fromms insight, Man is the only animal that can be bored, that can be disconnected, that can feel evicted from Paradise. Remember, only you can evict yourself from the garden of paradise.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

I'm gonna try this...

OK
I'm doing pretty good really. I shouldn't but it's weird-- I just am. Probably something to do with killer workout and jacuzzi.
Great QOTD. If I can remove myself from the "how am I feeling about myself regarding my weight", then I can usually say "okay". Unfortunately I let that number on the scale dictate so much of my emotional state.

Kind of hard to relax and think about feeling okay with my current stress level, but it is all self-induced stress. Everyone is okay and healthy, bills are paid, etc etc.... I am just stressing out about superficial things like getting the house and yard in order for DD's party, making sure I leave food and a clean house behind this weekend, etc. All really silly in light of other national disasters, I realize.

Morning all! Another busy day at home here, but I am cutting myself some slack and not worrying about the outside work for the rest of the week. I can worry about that when I get back from Disney. Plus the weather looks really questionable right now and I don't want to work out in dampness with the bugs. Plus it looks like rain any minute so my sheets will be going in the dryer instead of on the line.... that will save me time for sure.

For today I am concentrating on getting our suitcases packed up, getting the house cleaned, and getting graduation invitations in the mail..... and the invitations need to be TOP priority! DD designed three really pretty ones in our print program and I know which one I want. I just need to figure out if I am going to print them at home or make color copies at Staples or what. Then address all of the envelopes, etc!

Dinner for tonight (chili) is done and in the fridge and just needs to be heated at 5pm. Wooohoo for getting it done early (it was Sunday's dinner that never got used).... actually, I might add a few more veggies to the pot while I'm preparing my lunch today.

Gotta be honest up front and tell you all that 30DS never happened yesterday.... nor did any other formal workout. No exercise at all, in fact, unless you count intense cleaning, moving 2 huge wheelbarrows of mulch, making beds, sweeping floors, hanging out and bringing in 2 loads of laundry, folding and putting away 5 loads of dry laundry, preparing 2 meals for the freezer and running countless errands in 2 hours (plus 2 hours of driving). I did try to walk fast during my errands and the mulch moving definitely got me sweating big time... but that was it.

I'll be back at lunchtime to chat a bit I hope..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #321
pjlla
<><

WOWZA.... am I glad I checked car rental prices yesterday! They jumped nearly $60 since then! I am thrilled to be locked in at under $92 for a four day rental! And hotel prices just keep creeping up and availability is really down to nothing. I suppose that means that the crowds will be . I wish I hadn't looked at the Undercover Tourist crowd calendars. We are so spoiled by going in mid-May and mid-January in the past. But I think we have a good plan in place and will maximize our EMH... and DD and I really know how to maneuver in crowds, so all will be good!

Pre-ordered my Photopass this morning, so that is exciting. Wish I had realized that I needed a 14 day advance purchase for the Photopass Plus, but my Budget Board friends tell me I can add the Plus portion after I arrive, so I will give that a try. We aren't doing any character meals (the food at Chef Mickey's was a bit disappointing on our last trip), but I'd love to include ride photos if it isn't too much extra money.

Obviously you know what I've been doing since I signed off an hour ago! And now I noticed that it is raining and I still have the lawn sprinkler going! Silly me!......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #322
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Quote:

You and my DD could be singing that same song together right now. She wanted to lose a bit before Disney and really buckled down with the carbs for more than 2 full weeks.... and did not lose a single ounce! She is beyond frustrated right now and I can't say that I blame her one bit! I've been frustrated as well with trying to lose another 3-4 pounds and in almost three weeks I've lost a net of 1.5 !! Maybe there is something in the water??

Obviously I have NOTHING to offer in terms of advise, since I can't even seem to help DD and myself right now...... but I will ask you to repeat after me...."I WILL NEVER, EVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF!" Even if you NEVER lose another ounce, are you better off NOW than you were when you were heavier?? OF COURSE YOU ARE! Stick with the exercise, eat HEALTHY foods to FUEL your body (with the occasional treat to keep you from feeling deprived) and no matter WHAT the scale says, you are improving your health every day!!

Morning friends! No school for me today.... so I will be going HARD CORE here at home! Laundry, housework, yardwork... until I pick up the kids at 3pm for an evening of swim practice, workout time, and groceries! Then home again to fold that laundry while I watch DWTS!

So much to do and so little time to get it done! I really want to be able to RELAX at Disney this weekend so I need to get stuff done here to enable me to do just that!

I can't believe I am leaving in just 4 sleeps!!!! Any bits of advise? Anything I should add to my packing list that I might be forgetting? I usually have a few months, at least, to prepare for a trip, and I usually spend waaaay too much time perseverating on my packing lists. This just feels too last minute! Of course DD reminded me last night that we packed just the night before for her 10 day trip to Costa Rica and she was just fine (of course, that is because her wonderful Mom had everything washed, dried, folded and had done plenty of shopping to make sure she had everything she needed!! ). But I am FAR too NEUROTIC to wait until Thursday night to pack!

Okay.... laundry is calling my name (faintly of course ). TTYL..........P
Thank you! I think it is in the water!

I've still never fully given up, I'd feel too bad if I did that. Just a few weeks of not so great choices here and there when I get discouraged.

Oh my goodness, we plan and plan for months ahead of our disney trips. check and recheck our bags, usually we always bring everything we need. I guess just relax and get excited (more than you already are)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I'm looking forward to Star Trek -- I know it's already out but I won't get to see until next week-end if I'm lucky. I'm also looking forward to Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp. Get to see that one on the Magic I am hoping.

Have a great Monday all!
I forgot about star trek. I thought the first one was okay but I need to see this one anyway. I also need to get my butt to see the great gatsby and iron man 3. Heard GG was not that great but I have heard good things about Iron Man.

Quote:
Okay..... came in to clean the office and got futzing around in the computer with my reservations and such and ended up getting a new rental car booking.... saved $12.79 PLUS upgraded from economy car to compact.... and I could have upgraded to full-size for the previous price if I wanted! WOOHOO! That is over an hour's pay for me in my sub job! Plus DH is going to drive DD and I to the airport in RI on Friday so I was able to cancel my one-way car rental for that as well, saving another $60 (plus I discovered it was a "no mileage included" rental! ).

Online confirming my hotel reservations now. I booked through a third-party site and prepaid for the reservations, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I will be calling the hotel (All-Star Music) later to double check of course. I also originally booked it as a Fri-Mon. stay and then added the Monday night, so I want to be sure that we don't have to change rooms.

I've also been playing around with the cameras and memory cards and discovered 2 SD cards that won't read properly, so those went into the trash. I have two cards empty and ready to take and another new one in the package that I will open and test later today. I FINALLY feel like I am getting ready to go to DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................P

WOOOOHOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post

I totally hear you on this. I spent over a year working out almost every day and not seeing the scale move. I thought I was eating pretty well too, but once I really buckled down and started Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce Lean Out, I finally started seeing results. I can see some bad habits creeping back in again now that I am down some weight - so I need to focus on the goal of being down a few more pounds before the cruise. Then it's carte blanche!
So maybe some sort of change to your routine is what you need? One thing that helped me was the first two weeks of the workout I was supposed to cut down carbs after 4 p.m. I liked that it wasn't eliminating carbs completely - I think they are important especially when you are working out hard - but it made me evaluate what I was eating in the evenings. I also started drinking WAY more water - something I was not very good about before. Try not to get discouraged though.

We had a great day yesterday - I even bought a bikini for the cruise I haven't owned one of those since I was 16 (and I'm not saying how long ago that was...) It may only be used on our balcony, but I own one now! Did some biking with the kids, but followed it with a stop at the ice cream shop! And I couldn't resist - first ice cream cone of the year after a VERY long winter. I'll be good the rest of the week though...

Another beautiful day here. On our way outside. DH is heading into night 12 of 13 in a row for work. I have hardly seen him since we got back from Chicago. It's almost done though, then he's away for a guys golf trip, then it will be close to our trip! In the fall he has to do 65+ days in a row for work, but at least this time will be on days and not nights. A long haul though - I have so much respect for single parents who have to do this all the time. I can't even do what I normally do when he's working these shutdowns - crack open a bottle of wine as soon as I get home from work! That sounds terrible doesn't it? But right now I don't want to use the calories on it!
Thank you, and that's a very good point. I need to buy some new workout videos and I never really paid attention to carbs but I'm thinking that may be my problem. I'm a vegetarian so while I eat fruits and veggies often, I've also upped my carb intake. I need to try and cut some out.

woohoo, rock that bikini!

Wow, that's a lot of work, and certainly must be difficult to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I will be starting 30DS tonight. Just need to get through shopping for field day.
Good luck! I've made it to the 3rd level (with a few days inbetween for breaks) but have never been able to finish it. I really should try again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
ACK!! i'm so far behind in reading!! i don't know that i'll be able to catch up so pardon me while i jump back in

back Tracey!!

today i started 10k traininng schedule...no event in mind other than walking WDW for a couple days! i do so much better when i have a schedule and thinking isn't involved. more like, planning the week to do what's on the schedule

so that's what i'm looking forward to this summer!! (see ticker below) we added 3 days prior for WDW

I hear you on the scheduling. I'm bad if I don't have a plan to follow. I'll be starting the TOT 10 miler plan next week. I'm excited. Good luck with yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Read where some of you are starting 30 DS!! YAHOO! You will love it!! It really made a difference in helping me stay on track with food and I never missed a day...I'm now on week 3 of Ripped in 30 and while it's more weight training intensive...i do not think I could have done as well with it without doing 30 DS first!! I also did probably half of the tough girl stuff and half modified and still saw great results!

I started my training for 5k today!! Did 3.1 miles in 53 minutes..I ran for 1/2 a mile...I think I can actually get it to under 35 minutes if I really try! I will rest every other day on the treadmill training but continue doing 30 Ripped 6 days a week...she requires it on this one, so who's going to argue with Jillian!

This weekend will be a feis (Irish dance competition) for my daughters..they are at a level now that requires first places only to advance....and luck would have it that they combined their two age groups (just 13 months apart) so both will be competing against each other for that elusive first place...they are okay with it, but I hate the mommy factor of wanting to be thrilled for the victor and encourage the non-victor...they are great about it, just thrilled to see that either of them got a 1st place...I think I can do well with eating, we'll eat out for my son's 18th birthday!! WOW!! i'll have an 18 year old, he's a senior this fall, so I still have time with him But, he requests Red Lobster, I know I can find some broiled fish to eat that will be great for me!
Sounds like fun, good luck to your daughters!!

----
QOTD: I enjoy this one. Thinking of it like pjlla said, if I removed my weight and body image from everyday life I'm actually really happy. Exercise and food cause so much stress for me daily because I'm constantly thinking about how I need to find time for a workout or how I must plan my next meal instead of focusing on what I'm doing now and enjoying it. I feel like if I miss something one day I'm going to falter completely. I guess I need to remember that my body plays a very insignificant role in my everyday life. I'm actually very healthy despite my few extra pounds and they really make no difference.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. I must also confess that no workout happened yesterday besides yoga for a bit. My body was still pretty stiff so even a fast-paced yoga video was out of the question. I did get up this morning and did pilates, weights, yoga, and 10 minutes on my bike so, . Mom bought our tickets for August, only 70 days until I move to Orlando!

I also think it's funny how you are all are laughing about buying tankinis and whatnot. I'm 20 and wear this one: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiec...-in-soft-black I don't think I'm confident enough to strut in a bikini and I think these kind of 1 pieces are super cute and classy anyway. One of these days I'll make it to a bikini!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #323
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Pamela, sounds like you and DD are almost ready to set off for your adventure to WDW. Maybe hold off on the 30DS until you return. Sounds like you are very active anyway and that might be one thing too many before you go. It's not like Jillian won't be there when you come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Will this be your first trip to Europe? I lived in Switzerland as a teenager for a few years, and travelled around a lot with my family, but it will be the first time there for DH and the kids. Really hoping it goes well since I love to travel and want to start doing some more adventurous things with the kids (as much as I love WDW, there's a whole wide world out there!) What stateroom are you in? If we have any cruise related things left over at the end (bottles of water, etc), maybe I can leave them for you to use?
Thanks for your kind offer! I will PM you our cabin info. This is the first trip to Europe for DS and myself -- DH hasn't been since he was in his 20's. It is also our first cruise for all of us. I'm really looking forward to it. I think that we are going to have a blast on our cruises -- so many interesting things to see and do.

And a big on rocking a bikini!

I have to confess I will be a one piece myself. But I got to buy it in a size two sizes down from all my other suits which can now happily be sacrificed to the horrible chlorine at the health club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
And I am really happy that we have the 30DS discussion going on here, because even though I was not feeling 100% perfect, I just did Day 1. And hated it of course.... But without all of you here, I most likely would have not done it.

I was a bit sad about how much form I had lost over the four weeks of vacation and getting back. Thought level 1 would be easy now, but it was not! Well, the only way to get back in form is sticking to it. But I have decided to change it a little bit. Will be running on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and do 30DS the other days. I do have a 10k coming up at the beginning of October and want to be fit for that!
Magdalene, you made me feel better when you said that Day 1 was tough for you even though it hasn't been that long since you did your whole month. It is a tough workout but I'm sure that you will get your groove back much faster than I will. I think your workout plan sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I will be starting 30DS tonight. Just need to get through shopping for field day.
How did you do, Buffy? It's kind of tough isn't it? I am doing quite a bit of modification because I don't want to hurt my knees before my race on Sunday. I feel like I'm getting quite a good workout even with my modifications!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post

back Tracey!!

No worries about jumping in where we are, Molli! I've lost track of how many times I've had to do that.

The 30DS is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Some of our folks have done it and had great success so they inspired some more of us to give it a try. I say "swim away" before you get suckered in too. Just kidding! (sorta) Level 1 is on YouTube so you can check it out.

Tracey, have fun at WDW and congrats on your relay for life walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post

Wow you are training for a 5K and already can do a 5K!

Quote:
QUOTD Tuesday:

I ask myself, “How am I truly feeling inside?”
Great question, Susan! I try to ask myself this question when I am tempted to keep eating even though I am not really hungry. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I do think that the scale has less power over me than it did but it something that could be improved for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
QOTD: I enjoy this one. Thinking of it like pjlla said, if I removed my weight and body image from everyday life I'm actually really happy. Exercise and food cause so much stress for me daily because I'm constantly thinking about how I need to find time for a workout or how I must plan my next meal instead of focusing on what I'm doing now and enjoying it. I feel like if I miss something one day I'm going to falter completely. I guess I need to remember that my body plays a very insignificant role in my everyday life. I'm actually very healthy despite my few extra pounds and they really make no difference.
Excellent point!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #324
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

QOTD: I have always been a cup full full kind of person, when life gets overtaxing or stressful I just am thankful I get to sleep that day away and get another shot at putting things in order...I have a fleeting moment when looking in the mirror that I could beat myself up for letting myself yo-yo...but I also am quick to give myself grace because I am making the big effort to yo down

My husband on the other hand is a pessimist...I think my Pollyanna approach to life has had a good impact on him but it's hard seeing someone be really hard on themselves or others around them.

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #325
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Dear Ladies! I have to tell you how very grateful I am for your existence!! I did not at all want to do my 30DS workout today, but after having told everyone here that I would do it with you, I just did not want to admit failure already on day 2. So I did it and feel so much better for it! It was still tough especially since I am sore all over my body from yesterday. But it was also slightly better than yesterday. So hopefully I will be able to shock my body into a regular workout mode again!

Eating is not so good - yet. I am just hungry all the time. It seems to be better today, so I am wondering whether part of it might be a side effect of the jet lag? Let's hope that that's the reason! This week will continue to be difficult as I will not be able to eat any meal other than breakfast at home, but Saturday on there are no more reasons for not eating very healthy!!

Lisa, I am sure you will love the cruise!! I just fell in love with cruising a few weeks ago on the Disney Wonder! I always find it a bit difficult to truly relax and do nothing, but somehow on the ship I could just sit and watch the ocean. It was sooo wonderful! The only thing I did not like was that the cruise was only five nights, really have to book a longer one for next year! And all the Mediterranean ports are great places, I am sure you will enjoy them a lot!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #326
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great QOTD. If I can remove myself from the "how am I feeling about myself regarding my weight", then I can usually say "okay". Unfortunately I let that number on the scale dictate so much of my emotional state.

Kind of hard to relax and think about feeling okay with my current stress level, but it is all self-induced stress. Everyone is okay and healthy, bills are paid, etc etc.... I am just stressing out about superficial things like getting the house and yard in order for DD's party, making sure I leave food and a clean house behind this weekend, etc. All really silly in light of other national disasters, I realize.

Morning all! Another busy day at home here, but I am cutting myself some slack and not worrying about the outside work for the rest of the week. I can worry about that when I get back from Disney. Plus the weather looks really questionable right now and I don't want to work out in dampness with the bugs. Plus it looks like rain any minute so my sheets will be going in the dryer instead of on the line.... that will save me time for sure.

For today I am concentrating on getting our suitcases packed up, getting the house cleaned, and getting graduation invitations in the mail..... and the invitations need to be TOP priority! DD designed three really pretty ones in our print program and I know which one I want. I just need to figure out if I am going to print them at home or make color copies at Staples or what. Then address all of the envelopes, etc!

Dinner for tonight (chili) is done and in the fridge and just needs to be heated at 5pm. Wooohoo for getting it done early (it was Sunday's dinner that never got used).... actually, I might add a few more veggies to the pot while I'm preparing my lunch today.

Gotta be honest up front and tell you all that 30DS never happened yesterday.... nor did any other formal workout. No exercise at all, in fact, unless you count intense cleaning, moving 2 huge wheelbarrows of mulch, making beds, sweeping floors, hanging out and bringing in 2 loads of laundry, folding and putting away 5 loads of dry laundry, preparing 2 meals for the freezer and running countless errands in 2 hours (plus 2 hours of driving). I did try to walk fast during my errands and the mulch moving definitely got me sweating big time... but that was it.

I'll be back at lunchtime to chat a bit I hope..................P
I count all that.

I've got to go through my clothes, I got all my summer clothes out, then the weather abruptly turned on me so I threw them all in a big box in the closet for now. Have a lot of laundry to do too.

Bathing suits...had a wardrobe malfunction awhile back at the pool so I got a decent one piece online at 6pm.com. I try to use this only for swimming and not the jacuzzi as the daily use of jacuzzi breaks down my suits really bad. I get a lot of suits at Goodwill, found some great tops at St. Vinnie's a week or so ago. I'm really picky. They have to be polyester, (holds up best to chlorine) non removable bra pads, and I only like tankinis. I've though about doing a regular bikini, if I found bottoms that were high enough I would. I had a c-section so there's the pooch, and I still have stretch marks from children living inside me. Also the top I'm wearing has to match the bottom in some shape or form. Harder than you think with suits in various states of deterioration.
The kittens got some advantage yesterday because they are 8 weeks now and I think they realize I did something good for them and appreciate it. I also gave them some raw steak yesterday which could actually be the source of their great appreciation for me today.... Hazy was growling over the meat and I was trying to give Stormy some more under a chair and he actually spit at me lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #327
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Pamela, sounds like you and DD are almost ready to set off for your adventure to WDW. Maybe hold off on the 30DS until you return. Sounds like you are very active anyway and that might be one thing too many before you go. It's not like Jillian won't be there when you come back.

Thanks for making me feel okay about my decision to hold off on 30DS for now. I was really feeling guilty and like I was letting you all down.... but I definitely need to remove SOMETHING from my schedule this week and for better or worse, it was formal exercise (although I might be able to fit a bit in tonight!).

Thanks for your kind offer! I will PM you our cabin info. This is the first trip to Europe for DS and myself -- DH hasn't been since he was in his 20's. It is also our first cruise for all of us. I'm really looking forward to it. I think that we are going to have a blast on our cruises -- so many interesting things to see and do.

SO excited for you for these upcoming adventures!!

And a big on rocking a bikini!

I have to confess I will be a one piece myself. But I got to buy it in a size two sizes down from all my other suits which can now happily be sacrificed to the horrible chlorine at the health club.

So pretty! I tend to really like the Lands End stuff.

Great question, Susan! I try to ask myself this question when I am tempted to keep eating even though I am not really hungry. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I do think that the scale has less power over me than it did but it something that could be improved for sure.

Excellent point!
I think the scale has varying degrees of power over all of us at some point in time, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Dear Ladies! I have to tell you how very grateful I am for your existence!! I did not at all want to do my 30DS workout today, but after having told everyone here that I would do it with you, I just did not want to admit failure already on day 2. So I did it and feel so much better for it! It was still tough especially since I am sore all over my body from yesterday. But it was also slightly better than yesterday. So hopefully I will be able to shock my body into a regular workout mode again!

I agree that we have a great support and accountability group here!

Eating is not so good - yet. I am just hungry all the time. It seems to be better today, so I am wondering whether part of it might be a side effect of the jet lag? Let's hope that that's the reason! This week will continue to be difficult as I will not be able to eat any meal other than breakfast at home, but Saturday on there are no more reasons for not eating very healthy!!

Is it TRUE HUNGER (stomach growling, low blood sugar, etc) or just mental/emotional hunger? If you are TIRED your brain will signal that you are HUNGRY because it wants food to increased the blood sugar to your brain. Sometimes a NAP might work better than food! (Not trying to be a know-it-all, but my constant evening "hunger" lead to discover this fact!)

Lisa, I am sure you will love the cruise!! I just fell in love with cruising a few weeks ago on the Disney Wonder! I always find it a bit difficult to truly relax and do nothing, but somehow on the ship I could just sit and watch the ocean. It was sooo wonderful! The only thing I did not like was that the cruise was only five nights, really have to book a longer one for next year! And all the Mediterranean ports are great places, I am sure you will enjoy them a lot!
A cruise sounds DELUSCIOUS! (Yup.... new word that DD and I made up to describe the foods we are looking forward to at Disney! ) I probably need a real relaxing vacation some time in my life!

Quote:
I count all that.

I've got to go through my clothes, I got all my summer clothes out, then the weather abruptly turned on me so I threw them all in a big box in the closet for now. Have a lot of laundry to do too.

It got SUPER COOL here last night while I was out and wishing I had brought a sweatshirt! Today is cool too, but not too bad.... but cloudy and rainy.

Bathing suits...had a wardrobe malfunction awhile back at the pool so I got a decent one piece online at 6pm.com. I try to use this only for swimming and not the jacuzzi as the daily use of jacuzzi breaks down my suits really bad. I get a lot of suits at Goodwill, found some great tops at St. Vinnie's a week or so ago. I'm really picky. They have to be polyester, (holds up best to chlorine) non removable bra pads, and I only like tankinis. I've though about doing a regular bikini, if I found bottoms that were high enough I would. I had a c-section so there's the pooch, and I still have stretch marks from children living inside me. Also the top I'm wearing has to match the bottom in some shape or form. Harder than you think with suits in various states of deterioration.

I try to stick with my Lands End two piece tankini sets and reserve them strictly for our July 4th time on Cape Cod and my summer lake vacation. For family time here at home in the pool and hot tub I wear a cheapo suit I bought at a discount store. It really doesn't look too bad, but nothing I'd want to be seen on the beach in. And of course, I don't care if the chlorine kills it because it was only $15!

The kittens got some advantage yesterday because they are 8 weeks now and I think they realize I did something good for them and appreciate it. I also gave them some raw steak yesterday which could actually be the source of their great appreciation for me today.... Hazy was growling over the meat and I was trying to give Stormy some more under a chair and he actually spit at me lol.
Yummy steak for the kitties!! My kitty is a bit odd in that she really doesn't like any kind of human food. She likes her cat food (both wet and dry) and her treats (crunchy and soft)... but that is it.

Happy, happy Wednesday my friends! Had my first official weigh-in with Weight Watchers today and while I would have loved a lower number, it was right on target with my WW goal weight, so all is good (for another 30 days anyhow! ). SO GLAD I thought to get that in BEFORE the Disney eating begins!

Also grabbed just a few last things that I kept forgetting. Today I will do the majority of our packing (DD still needs to try on two t-shirts and one pair of shorts), do a bit of sewing that needs to be done for the trip, making the muffins that I will freeze and pack up for our in-room breakfasts, and of course keep up with laundry, dishes, etc. DH is away again tonight, so my crockpot meal is on hold until tomorrow. Kids and I will eat leftovers, etc for tonight. That lightens my load for today a bit.

Has anyone else tried the new Egg White Delite McMuffin? I was desperate for breakfast after my weigh-in today so I bought one with a coffee (I like McD coffee). I ate the egg white and cheese on half of the english and tossed the canadian bacon and other half of the english muffin. It was pretty tasty, but now I don't know how to count the Points because of course, the McD website doesn't have a breakdown for each individual item. I guess I'll wing it. Yet another example of not thinking ahead and planning how hungry I'd be after the weight-in... should have grabbed a cheese stick or made a low carb peanut butter sandwich and tossed it in the car. I did have fruit with me, but it wasn't enough.

Mom bragging time..... DD is at the NH Statehouse today for New Hampshire Scholars Day! It is a special recognition for NH high school seniors who have achieved a certain GPA and taken a certain mix of classes (they are looking for lots of science, math, and AP stuff). She (and 2400 of her closest NH friends ) will be hearing speeches from the Governor, a Speaker in the House of Rep., and several other NH dignitaries before a luncheon is served. She looked so nice this morning and I forgot to take her picture! I sent the camera along with her and hopefully she can get some photos with her friends! Sadly, two of her closest friends who were invited to this chose not to attend. I don't understand why... why wouldn't you attend a special honor like this? And it only takes place during the school day, so nothing to interfere with a job or sport. Oh well... their loss.

Time to get cracking on my list!! BBL to chat I hope.............P

Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #328
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon!!! Been busy. However I did find a camera cable and now I am working on my nature pics and all that jazz. I am still new to all of this.

Here is a pic of my first poppy flower. I planted these seeds LAST spring and then forgot what they were. They stayed alive almost all winter outside. I took it in for a little while though. Here you go! This is actually from my phone. I finally figured out how to crop and save.

The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #329
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Pjlla--what's not to brag about with that daughter of yours?

Pretty poppy!

Making a corned beef today int he crockpot. Never got one this year because we went to Portland and ours were finally marked down. (the more expensive ones) Put lots of carrots, onion and some red potatoes. Will add the cabbagge later. Really trimmed the corned beef with and electric knife which kitties appreciated. Gotta go work out early because son has dentist at 1:30.

quotd Wed :

Who do you think was the most influential person in your childhood? Other than parents or immediate family?

I've been getting involved in my facebook page so that brought back a lot of stuff for me. I guess I'd have to say Robert Heinlein was mine.

Have a great day you guys...
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #330
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good afternoon!!! Been busy. However I did find a camera cable and now I am working on my nature pics and all that jazz. I am still new to all of this.

Here is a pic of my first poppy flower. I planted these seeds LAST spring and then forgot what they were. They stayed alive almost all winter outside. I took it in for a little while though. Here you go! This is actually from my phone. I finally figured out how to crop and save.

Oh GOSH that is so pretty! I have some california poppies that grow here, but I haven't had luck with "real" poppies. That photo is gorgeous!

Quote:
Pjlla--what's not to brag about with that daughter of yours?

Pretty poppy!

Making a corned beef today int he crockpot. Never got one this year because we went to Portland and ours were finally marked down. (the more expensive ones) Put lots of carrots, onion and some red potatoes. Will add the cabbagge later. Really trimmed the corned beef with and electric knife which kitties appreciated. Gotta go work out early because son has dentist at 1:30.

Yum, yum, yum! What time is dinner??

quotd Wed :

Who do you think was the most influential person in your childhood? Other than parents or immediate family?

I've been getting involved in my facebook page so that brought back a lot of stuff for me. I guess I'd have to say Robert Heinlein was mine.

Is this someone you know personally or a famous person??

Have a great day you guys...
Well... not sure if you consider maternal grandfather "immediate" family, but he came to mind first. At a time in my life when I had a bad relationship with my Dad (okay.... that was most of my childhood and teen years), and I wasn't involved in any activities that had me directly interacting with other adult men, I would say that my grandfather was a HUGE influence. Both of my maternal grandparents were the most amazing folks in a very quiet, understated way. They loved us (4 grandkids) like nobodies business, but NEVER in a materialistic way. In fact, other than birthdays and Christmas, we almost never received "things" from them. But they gifts of love and their time were never ending. They expected us to be good and treat each other well and they NEVER raised their voices to us in any way. They weren't rich or highly educated (my grandfather was forced by his stepfather to quit school in the 8th grade to help on the farm and he spent the rest of his life educating himself about many topics) and they weren't "wild and crazy".... but I could go on for days talking about the things they taught us, showed us, and gave us. One of my biggest heartaches is that my kids never really knew either of them. DD was almost 1 y/o when my grandfather passed suddenly and my grandmother was unwell for most of the years that my kids knew her.

My grandparents are the ones that started my lifelong love of all things Disney! I have so much to thank them for.... wish I could call them today.

Great question!

Okay..... no packing done yet, but the house is a bit more picked up, I made the muffins for our vacation breakfast, made a special low carb treat for DH to enjoy while I'm away, and I'm on my second load of laundry.

Off to eat lunch and pack a few things!.....................P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: