Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #301
canadakath
Mouseketeer

QOTD - I'm in for bagpipes too! My older sister used to do Highland dancing and we travelled around to various Highland games in Ontario - I loved having the sound of bagpipes ringing in my ears for hours after we left! OK honestly - after reading the Outlander series from Diana Gabaldon I love everything Scottish

So I did a 10 k training run yesterday! My longest run was 7 k last week - I just started running last summer and didn't run all winter. I did it in just over an hour and although I was tired at the end it felt good. My goal is to do the Princess Half Marathon next year - I am impressed by your 3 HMs Kayla

It's exciting reading about others trips - hopefully PlutoBaby had a good flight to Italy. We are 25 days from our flight to Spain for our Med Disney cruise. And my 180 days is coming up on Tuesday for our next WDW trip, so I'm enjoying hearing about Pam's upcoming trip. I live for trip planning! I'm even trying to decide what to do next year! Toying with the idea of an Adventures by Disney trip - would love to do Scotland (see my reasons above )

Today is a rest day for me exercise wise, but the weather is beautiful so I'll be biking with the kids and working in the garden. It's a long weekend here in Canada so I'm looking forward to another day home tomorrow.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #302
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Pjlla - I take your point about Springsteen...I can't stand him either!!! Never really associated the sax with him though for some reason!!

The bike ride went well. 3.88 miles in 25mins & 9seconds...my app says I burned 426 calories, but it really didn't seem that hard!! (although the saddle sure was, must get a gel cover!)

It's really weird seeing some of you talk about Europe..Spain, Italy, all on my doorstep!! I always think of you guys as being thousands of miles away!! Hope you all enjoy it, your $$ sure won't go far over here at the moment.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #303
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!

Buffy, you asked about the 30DS - I wanted to start that as well and since Pamela said in her reply that she was starting it on Monday, I was planning to do that an hopefully join both of you in 30 days of workouts!

I do have trouble to get back on track - just a lot of social obligations and then for the last few days I could not taste anything due to the nasty cold I brought back from vacation with me. That always makes me want to eat even more in the hope of tasting something at least. But as of now things just have to change back to thinking before eating! Already have a healthy dinner planned.

I found the cruise such a great motivation to keep me focussed, so I have decided to plan for another cruise next spring which gives me a little over a year to get to my final goal weight which is still about 20 pounds from where I am now. But 12 months and 20 pounds sound like it can be done! I was happy with how I looked on most pictures, but next time I want to look fantastic in them!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #304
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Sunday morning everyone.

I wanted to answer the QOTD

I don't like bagpipes. We hear them too many times at funerals especially for police around here. My pastor has an Irish mass with his bagpipe group the beginning of March before a big local parade.

I do like a piano. I took lessons when I was in my 40's. I had never played an instrument and I have a couple of cd's from Michael Feinstein with mostly piano background so I do love that.

I do love a flute (ds2 played that in grammar school) and the saxophone because ds1 played all through his musical career and then ds2 picked it up when he got to high school so he could play in the jazz band.

I don't associate sax with Springsteen but I may be one of the few people in nj who doesn't love Springsteen.

I just finished grocery shopping and now I am hoping to quilt the rest of the day. It is cool and wet her by me and it is a good day to be under a quilt.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #305
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
QOTD: Definitely the violin or piano. I love soundtracks and ambient music so orchestras are my favorite.

Yesterday I ran my 3rd half marathon. I was 20 minutes slower but I blame it on my worn out shoes and the wrong choice of shorts. It probably didn't help that I'd been slacking on my workouts too, but I made it! I can barely move, but I guess that's good!
Congrats on your third half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
UUUUGGGHHHHHH

I am up 3 lbs from Thursday. I am just so ready to throw in the towel
I can't work out the way I want/need because my stupid hand & wrist don't work and I have the metabolism of a snail. Just so frustrating!!
I'm so sorry you are so frustrated. You've been through so much with your arm. could you change up WHAT you are eating? I honestly think sometimes it isn't just calories in and out, but what type of calories we are eating. That being said, I've been watching my carbs like crazy and the scale isn't moving much for me these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Pamela, a belated Happy Anniversary to you! I'm glad that you went to dinner even though you are crazy busy as I remember the picnic thing when your DH was injured.

I thought of that too when I agreed to go out to dinner on a busy weekend. We had a nice dinner, stayed OP and on budget and weren't gone too long.

Try not to stress too much about the scale -- with all that activity that you are doing it might take a few days for your efforts to show on the scale. I know you feel pressure because you are leaving in a few days but stress only makes it worse.

I agree with everything you are saying....just needed to vent my frustrations a bit. And I'm feeling so badly that DD is trying so hard and seeing NO RESULTS on the scale. Somehow I feel like I should be doing something different to help her.

Guess your instructor is waiting until the last minute. Subway is pretty healthy so I don't know that I would get rid of a weekly trip there if you really enjoy it.

Enjoy your bike ride!

Wow, Buffy, you have so much going on during regular times and now the family commute. I found my 30DS disc and will start it tomorrow since I have to do it very, very early before anyone is awake in my house. I'll be happy to give you some accountability and support.

Very nice, encouraging post!

No worries!

Okay, I have to admit that I got quite a chuckle out of the bagpipes -- I remember that you like them but you have to admit that is an unusual choice -- that's what I like about you, Susan, you are so interesting!

The piano is my favorite instrument -- you can make it sound like the whole orchestra.

Congratulations on your half marathon, Kayla! That is one of the things about doing these races more often, not every race can be a PR, but every one should make you feel proud of your hard work and wonderful accomplishment!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Thanks for always being so encouraging to everyone here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
QOTD - I'm in for bagpipes too! My older sister used to do Highland dancing and we travelled around to various Highland games in Ontario - I loved having the sound of bagpipes ringing in my ears for hours after we left! OK honestly - after reading the Outlander series from Diana Gabaldon I love everything Scottish

So I did a 10 k training run yesterday! My longest run was 7 k last week - I just started running last summer and didn't run all winter. I did it in just over an hour and although I was tired at the end it felt good. My goal is to do the Princess Half Marathon next year - I am impressed by your 3 HMs Kayla

It's exciting reading about others trips - hopefully PlutoBaby had a good flight to Italy. We are 25 days from our flight to Spain for our Med Disney cruise. And my 180 days is coming up on Tuesday for our next WDW trip, so I'm enjoying hearing about Pam's upcoming trip. I live for trip planning! I'm even trying to decide what to do next year! Toying with the idea of an Adventures by Disney trip - would love to do Scotland (see my reasons above )

Today is a rest day for me exercise wise, but the weather is beautiful so I'll be biking with the kids and working in the garden. It's a long weekend here in Canada so I'm looking forward to another day home tomorrow.
So jealous of all your travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Pjlla - I take your point about Springsteen...I can't stand him either!!! Never really associated the sax with him though for some reason!!

The bike ride went well. 3.88 miles in 25mins & 9seconds...my app says I burned 426 calories, but it really didn't seem that hard!! (although the saddle sure was, must get a gel cover!)

It's really weird seeing some of you talk about Europe..Spain, Italy, all on my doorstep!! I always think of you guys as being thousands of miles away!! Hope you all enjoy it, your $$ sure won't go far over here at the moment.
Hope you take advantage of living in such an exciting historic area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

Buffy, you asked about the 30DS - I wanted to start that as well and since Pamela said in her reply that she was starting it on Monday, I was planning to do that an hopefully join both of you in 30 days of workouts!

I do have trouble to get back on track - just a lot of social obligations and then for the last few days I could not taste anything due to the nasty cold I brought back from vacation with me. That always makes me want to eat even more in the hope of tasting something at least. But as of now things just have to change back to thinking before eating! Already have a healthy dinner planned.

I found the cruise such a great motivation to keep me focussed, so I have decided to plan for another cruise next spring which gives me a little over a year to get to my final goal weight which is still about 20 pounds from where I am now. But 12 months and 20 pounds sound like it can be done! I was happy with how I looked on most pictures, but next time I want to look fantastic in them!
Woooohooo on another cruise! And 20 in 12 is so doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

I don't like bagpipes. We hear them too many times at funerals especially for police around here. My pastor has an Irish mass with his bagpipe group the beginning of March before a big local parade.

I do like a piano. I took lessons when I was in my 40's. I had never played an instrument and I have a couple of cd's from Michael Feinstein with mostly piano background so I do love that.

I do love a flute (ds2 played that in grammar school) and the saxophone because ds1 played all through his musical career and then ds2 picked it up when he got to high school so he could play in the jazz band.

I don't associate sax with Springsteen but I may be one of the few people in nj who doesn't love Springsteen.

I just finished grocery shopping and now I am hoping to quilt the rest of the day. It is cool and wet her by me and it is a good day to be under a quilt.

Enjoy your quilting day! Bright and sunny here...guess we are lucky.

Oh my....they just had to make a 911 call here for a child in the pool...and although I am not a worrier, my immediate thought was that it could be my child (I'm in the lobby right now during warm ups). God sent an immediate blessing in that I saw a towel I recognized walking on the deck right at that moment. Of course I'm praying for the child (apparent seizure).

I got a 40 minute walk today. Not sure I'll have time for 30DS, but I hadn't committed to start until tomorrow.

DD and I spent our drive down here in planning mode. We have planned our park days (avoiding DHS like mad until after SW weekend). Our ride home will be spent on finalizing the packing list.

Chili on tap for dinner. I made a huge batch yesterday so that I could put some in the freezer for the men to have while I'm gone. The rest is for tonight. Side of roasted green beans too.

Off to check on the status of the meet, since I have to time for my DD's event.......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #306
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Hello old friends and new ones too!

I have been MIA for a long time now! Life has been beyond crazy and unfortunately that has been bad for my waist line! I'm going to try really hard to join you all next month. I will have 2 months to lose weight before a big trip in August to NC and WDW! We are also headed down in 12 days for Star Wars Weekend! I will start up right after returning and hopefully lose 10 pounds each month before our August trip.

These boards have been a life line for me in years past and I've missed this so much. I tried to get back on a few months ago and then life took over again.

It's time to focus on me again! If I can pop on here once a day I know that I can get back to where I wont to be!

Can't wait to catch up with you all next month!

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #307
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay-- another bagpipe appreciator. Lol. Congrats on the run.

QUOTD Monday:

What movie are you looking forward to this summer?

I can't wait for Monsters University and World War Z. That Will Smith movie looks cool too.

Had another early day today, came home and slept for awhile then got up and went to Goodwill (color tag change day) and to get a few things I forgot for dinner, then season finales on fox so just now getting on. Some of my pants are getting really loose so that's been nice but they're falling down a lot lol. Guess movies can be a motivator again for m- I need to find out release dates.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #308
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Quote:
Congratulations on your half marathon, Kayla! That is one of the things about doing these races more often, not every race can be a PR, but every one should make you feel proud of your hard work and wonderful accomplishment!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
You are completely right! Thank you!

Quote:

Congrats on your 10k!! That's a good time too! I'd love to do the Princess, I'm going to be doing the TOT 10 miler in October for my first Disney race.

Oh my goodness, I would LOVE to do a Disney trip to Scotland. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Quote:

I enjoy the flute too. I am with the others though, I generally like the bagpipes but I don't hear them around Kansas very often so it's not as usual.

Have fun with your quilt, I really need to learn, they are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Congrats on your third half!

I'm so sorry you are so frustrated. You've been through so much with your arm. could you change up WHAT you are eating? I honestly think sometimes it isn't just calories in and out, but what type of calories we are eating. That being said, I've been watching my carbs like crazy and the scale isn't moving much for me these days.

Oh my....they just had to make a 911 call here for a child in the pool...and although I am not a worrier, my immediate thought was that it could be my child (I'm in the lobby right now during warm ups). God sent an immediate blessing in that I saw a towel I recognized walking on the deck right at that moment. Of course I'm praying for the child (apparent seizure).

I got a 40 minute walk today. Not sure I'll have time for 30DS, but I hadn't committed to start until tomorrow.

DD and I spent our drive down here in planning mode. We have planned our park days (avoiding DHS like mad until after SW weekend). Our ride home will be spent on finalizing the packing list.

Chili on tap for dinner. I made a huge batch yesterday so that I could put some in the freezer for the men to have while I'm gone. The rest is for tonight. Side of roasted green beans too.

Off to check on the status of the meet, since I have to time for my DD's event.......P
Oh, your trip is so close!

I'm glad that it wasn't your kid and I hope the child was okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post

I have been MIA for a long time now! Life has been beyond crazy and unfortunately that has been bad for my waist line! I'm going to try really hard to join you all next month. I will have 2 months to lose weight before a big trip in August to NC and WDW! We are also headed down in 12 days for Star Wars Weekend! I will start up right after returning and hopefully lose 10 pounds each month before our August trip.

These boards have been a life line for me in years past and I've missed this so much. I tried to get back on a few months ago and then life took over again.

It's time to focus on me again! If I can pop on here once a day I know that I can get back to where I wont to be!

TTFN
I definitely understand where you are coming from. The same has been happening to me a lot lately. Return when you can, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post

QUOTD Monday:

I can't wait for Monsters University and World War Z. That Will Smith movie looks cool too.

Had another early day today, came home and slept for awhile then got up and went to Goodwill (color tag change day) and to get a few things I forgot for dinner, then season finales on fox so just now getting on. Some of my pants are getting really loose so that's been nice but they're falling down a lot lol. Guess movies can be a motivator again for m- I need to find out release dates.
Monsters University for sure! Not really up to date on the newest movies so I don't even know what's coming out.

----------
Feeling better today. Yesterday was spent limping around, today I'm still sore but pretty much recovered so I think I'll try and get in some boxing and pilates.

I'm getting really upset because I feel like I'm just succeeding and failing, back and forth. I eat around 1300 calories and I gain weight, I eat 1800 calories and I gain weight, I eat 1500 and I gain weight. I feel like I have to eat 1200 or less just to see a drop which is obviously unhealthy and not something I want to do. I work out quite a bit, I eat a ton of fruits and veggies and while I have decent ab muscles I cannot get this layer of fat off.

It's so frustrating to see my friend sit around eating ice cream and pizza all the time, sitting on their butt playing video games all day, and barely gaining a pound. I don't know what to do anymore. I will be super motivated and after spending all day with people I just falter at night. It doesn't help that nobody will help me or do it with me. I just need a workout buddy and my friend will be good for a couple days then fall off the wagon leaving me by myself. Sorry, I feel like this has just been going on for a year. I lost the weight before but it's clinging to me right now and leaving in 2 months for Florida I really really want to be in better shape. Maybe I just need to really focus hardcore and eliminate treat foods instead of trying to portion control them.

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #309
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post

TTFN
SO nice to see you back with us! I'll just be missing you at WDW!

Quote:
QUOTD Monday:

To be completely honest, I'm so out of the loop that I'm not aware of any movie other than the Monsters University. DH and DS saw the new Star Trek yesterday, which I might have seen if they didn't go when I was busy. I have absolutely no idea what else is coming out.

Quote:
Oh, your trip is so close!

Almost too close! I'm not ready!

I'm glad that it wasn't your kid and I hope the child was okay!

Apparently it was a child with a known seizure disorder, so it wasn't totally out of the blue. Never heard any more about it during the day and she wasn't from our team, so we probably won't hear anything.

Feeling better today. Yesterday was spent limping around, today I'm still sore but pretty much recovered so I think I'll try and get in some boxing and pilates.

I'm getting really upset because I feel like I'm just succeeding and failing, back and forth. I eat around 1300 calories and I gain weight, I eat 1800 calories and I gain weight, I eat 1500 and I gain weight. I feel like I have to eat 1200 or less just to see a drop which is obviously unhealthy and not something I want to do. I work out quite a bit, I eat a ton of fruits and veggies and while I have decent ab muscles I cannot get this layer of fat off.

It's so frustrating to see my friend sit around eating ice cream and pizza all the time, sitting on their butt playing video games all day, and barely gaining a pound. I don't know what to do anymore. I will be super motivated and after spending all day with people I just falter at night. It doesn't help that nobody will help me or do it with me. I just need a workout buddy and my friend will be good for a couple days then fall off the wagon leaving me by myself. Sorry, I feel like this has just been going on for a year. I lost the weight before but it's clinging to me right now and leaving in 2 months for Florida I really really want to be in better shape. Maybe I just need to really focus hardcore and eliminate treat foods instead of trying to portion control them.
You and my DD could be singing that same song together right now. She wanted to lose a bit before Disney and really buckled down with the carbs for more than 2 full weeks.... and did not lose a single ounce! She is beyond frustrated right now and I can't say that I blame her one bit! I've been frustrated as well with trying to lose another 3-4 pounds and in almost three weeks I've lost a net of 1.5 !! Maybe there is something in the water??

Obviously I have NOTHING to offer in terms of advise, since I can't even seem to help DD and myself right now...... but I will ask you to repeat after me...."I WILL NEVER, EVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF!" Even if you NEVER lose another ounce, are you better off NOW than you were when you were heavier?? OF COURSE YOU ARE! Stick with the exercise, eat HEALTHY foods to FUEL your body (with the occasional treat to keep you from feeling deprived) and no matter WHAT the scale says, you are improving your health every day!!

Morning friends! No school for me today.... so I will be going HARD CORE here at home! Laundry, housework, yardwork... until I pick up the kids at 3pm for an evening of swim practice, workout time, and groceries! Then home again to fold that laundry while I watch DWTS!

So much to do and so little time to get it done! I really want to be able to RELAX at Disney this weekend so I need to get stuff done here to enable me to do just that!

I can't believe I am leaving in just 4 sleeps!!!! Any bits of advise? Anything I should add to my packing list that I might be forgetting? I usually have a few months, at least, to prepare for a trip, and I usually spend waaaay too much time perseverating on my packing lists. This just feels too last minute! Of course DD reminded me last night that we packed just the night before for her 10 day trip to Costa Rica and she was just fine (of course, that is because her wonderful Mom had everything washed, dried, folded and had done plenty of shopping to make sure she had everything she needed!! ). But I am FAR too NEUROTIC to wait until Thursday night to pack!

Okay.... laundry is calling my name (faintly of course ). TTYL..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #310
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
UUUUGGGHHHHHH

I am up 3 lbs from Thursday I am just so ready to throw in the towel
I can't work out the way I want/need because my stupid hand & wrist don't work and I have the metabolism of a snail. Just so frustrating!!
I'm so sorry, Jen! That was a serious injury to your arm and it is taking a lot out of your body to recover. You will be able to do more of what you are used to I'm sure but I know it's hard to get to that stage.

Quote:

Enjoy your day off today! Congratulations on your 10k. You can run on the Magic on deck 4 I believe -- 3 laps is a mile.

I kind of get a giggle when I think that our paths will be crossing Barcelona soon -- you will be getting off the Magic and we will be getting on. Crazy!

I'll see you at a WISH meet for the Princess next year for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

Great job on the bike ride! Too bad you can't come over to Spain and cruise around the Med with us. We are thousands of miles away from you, most of the time.

Quote:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Magdalene! 20 pounds in 12 months is a totally doable goal.

I thought I would miss starting the 30 DS today as I have to get some tech support. I have the disc but can't get to the workout without the t.v. remote on my aged set in the office that is a tv/vcr/dvd combo. But I found Level 1 on YouTube so I was able to get in my first workout and will only need tech support when I get to Level 2. Who's idea was this again?

Quote:

Hope the quilting session was a success!

I don't play the piano much anymore but I did take lessons for awhile thanks to a healthy habits challenge that you did one year.

Wow, scary times at your pool yesterday, Pamela! Hope that everything turned out okay. Only three more sleeps until you and DD are off to WDW!

Hi Tracey! There's still a third of this month left if you want to try and get in a head start on your summer goals.

Quote:

QUOTD Monday:

I'm looking forward to Star Trek -- I know it's already out but I won't get to see until next week-end if I'm lucky. I'm also looking forward to Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp. Get to see that one on the Magic I am hoping.

Have a great Monday all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #311
pjlla
<><

Okay..... came in to clean the office and got futzing around in the computer with my reservations and such and ended up getting a new rental car booking.... saved $12.79 PLUS upgraded from economy car to compact.... and I could have upgraded to full-size for the previous price if I wanted! WOOHOO! That is over an hour's pay for me in my sub job! Plus DH is going to drive DD and I to the airport in RI on Friday so I was able to cancel my one-way car rental for that as well, saving another $60 (plus I discovered it was a "no mileage included" rental! ).

Online confirming my hotel reservations now. I booked through a third-party site and prepaid for the reservations, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I will be calling the hotel (All-Star Music) later to double check of course. I also originally booked it as a Fri-Mon. stay and then added the Monday night, so I want to be sure that we don't have to change rooms.

I've also been playing around with the cameras and memory cards and discovered 2 SD cards that won't read properly, so those went into the trash. I have two cards empty and ready to take and another new one in the package that I will open and test later today. I FINALLY feel like I am getting ready to go to DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................P

Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #312
canadakath
Mouseketeer

QOTD - I don't know too many movies that are coming out this summer, but Monsters University is coming out while we are in the Med and it is DS2's birthday while we are on the cruise. We've told him that if he meets some friends in the kids club we'll "take" everyone to the movie and get some popcorn and candy. Couldn't think of much else to do as a birthday party while we are on the boat!

Quote:

I totally hear you on this. I spent over a year working out almost every day and not seeing the scale move. I thought I was eating pretty well too, but once I really buckled down and started Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce Lean Out, I finally started seeing results. I can see some bad habits creeping back in again now that I am down some weight - so I need to focus on the goal of being down a few more pounds before the cruise. Then it's carte blanche!
So maybe some sort of change to your routine is what you need? One thing that helped me was the first two weeks of the workout I was supposed to cut down carbs after 4 p.m. I liked that it wasn't eliminating carbs completely - I think they are important especially when you are working out hard - but it made me evaluate what I was eating in the evenings. I also started drinking WAY more water - something I was not very good about before. Try not to get discouraged though.

Quote:
I can't believe I am leaving in just 4 sleeps!!!! Any bits of advise? Anything I should add to my packing list that I might be forgetting? I usually have a few months, at least, to prepare for a trip, and I usually spend waaaay too much time perseverating on my packing lists. This just feels too last minute! Of course DD reminded me last night that we packed just the night before for her 10 day trip to Costa Rica and she was just fine (of course, that is because her wonderful Mom had everything washed, dried, folded and had done plenty of shopping to make sure she had everything she needed!! ). But I am FAR too NEUROTIC to wait until Thursday night to pack!
Yay! for vacation time! Packing is so stressful, and like you it is all on me to have everything prepared. Does anyone out there get more help form their OH or kids? I'm bad for over-packing, and with strict luggage regulations in Europe I am a bit worried. Plus our FE group for this cruise is massive so I have 165 gifts to pack! This will be the longest we are gone anywhere. Good luck with yours - and remember to have fun once you are there!!!! At least when we travel in Canada/the States we know we can get anything we forgot, as long as we have our ID and credit card!

Quote:
Enjoy your day off today! Congratulations on your 10k. You can run on the Magic on deck 4 I believe -- 3 laps is a mile.

I kind of get a giggle when I think that our paths will be crossing Barcelona soon -- you will be getting off the Magic and we will be getting on. Crazy!

I'll see you at a WISH meet for the Princess next year for sure.
We had a great day yesterday - I even bought a bikini for the cruise I haven't owned one of those since I was 16 (and I'm not saying how long ago that was...) It may only be used on our balcony, but I own one now! Did some biking with the kids, but followed it with a stop at the ice cream shop! And I couldn't resist - first ice cream cone of the year after a VERY long winter. I'll be good the rest of the week though...

Will this be your first trip to Europe? I lived in Switzerland as a teenager for a few years, and travelled around a lot with my family, but it will be the first time there for DH and the kids. Really hoping it goes well since I love to travel and want to start doing some more adventurous things with the kids (as much as I love WDW, there's a whole wide world out there!) What stateroom are you in? If we have any cruise related things left over at the end (bottles of water, etc), maybe I can leave them for you to use?

Another beautiful day here. On our way outside. DH is heading into night 12 of 13 in a row for work. I have hardly seen him since we got back from Chicago. It's almost done though, then he's away for a guys golf trip, then it will be close to our trip! In the fall he has to do 65+ days in a row for work, but at least this time will be on days and not nights. A long haul though - I have so much respect for single parents who have to do this all the time. I can't even do what I normally do when he's working these shutdowns - crack open a bottle of wine as soon as I get home from work! That sounds terrible doesn't it? But right now I don't want to use the calories on it!

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #313
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUOTD Monday:

I have seen so many trailer for Monster University on the TV at WDW that I am so excited about it now!! I am also looking forward to Despicable Me 2 which I think should come out soon.

I still want to see Star Trek and hope to find the time in the next couple of weeks for that!

Quote:
So much to do and so little time to get it done! I really want to be able to RELAX at Disney this weekend so I need to get stuff done here to enable me to do just that!

Okay.... laundry is calling my name (faintly of course ). TTYL..........P
Hope you can get to your goal of relaxing at WDW! Make sure to go on Splash MOuntain, it has been recently refurbished and looks fabulous. There were so many effects that I had no idea existed! They seem to have adjusted some of the water effects, I did not see anyone getting off drenched, but if you want to avoid any splashing, bring a cheap poncho!

Quote:
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Magdalene! 20 pounds in 12 months is a totally doable goal.

I thought I would miss starting the 30 DS today as I have to get some tech support. I have the disc but can't get to the workout without the t.v. remote on my aged set in the office that is a tv/vcr/dvd combo. But I found Level 1 on YouTube so I was able to get in my first workout and will only need tech support when I get to Level 2. Who's idea was this again?
Thanks for the encouragement!! I think I am going to aim for 3 pounds a month as I am a slow loser and then I have a nice security buffer and some time to get into maintaining mode!

And I am really happy that we have the 30DS discussion going on here, because even though I was not feeling 100% perfect, I just did Day 1. And hated it of course.... But without all of you here, I most likely would have not done it.

I was a bit sad about how much form I had lost over the four weeks of vacation and getting back. Thought level 1 would be easy now, but it was not! Well, the only way to get back in form is sticking to it. But I have decided to change it a little bit. Will be running on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and do 30DS the other days. I do have a 10k coming up at the beginning of October and want to be fit for that!

Quote:
We had a great day yesterday - I even bought a bikini for the cruise I haven't owned one of those since I was 16 (and I'm not saying how long ago that was...) It may only be used on our balcony, but I own one now!
Yay for the bikini!!! I brought two for my recent cruise and while I look far from perfect in it, there were many ladies on the ship that wore bikinis and were in much less of a bikini form than me. It is just so much more comfortable to wear than a one-piece bathing suit! So, don't think twice about it, wear it!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #314
pjlla
<><

Quote:
QOTD - I don't know too many movies that are coming out this summer, but Monsters University is coming out while we are in the Med and it is DS2's birthday while we are on the cruise. We've told him that if he meets some friends in the kids club we'll "take" everyone to the movie and get some popcorn and candy. Couldn't think of much else to do as a birthday party while we are on the boat!

Sounds like a VERY FUN birthday celebration!!

I totally hear you on this. I spent over a year working out almost every day and not seeing the scale move. I thought I was eating pretty well too, but once I really buckled down and started Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce Lean Out, I finally started seeing results. I can see some bad habits creeping back in again now that I am down some weight - so I need to focus on the goal of being down a few more pounds before the cruise. Then it's carte blanche!
So maybe some sort of change to your routine is what you need? One thing that helped me was the first two weeks of the workout I was supposed to cut down carbs after 4 p.m. I liked that it wasn't eliminating carbs completely - I think they are important especially when you are working out hard - but it made me evaluate what I was eating in the evenings. I also started drinking WAY more water - something I was not very good about before. Try not to get discouraged though.

Great advise!

Yay! for vacation time! Packing is so stressful, and like you it is all on me to have everything prepared. Does anyone out there get more help form their OH or kids? I'm bad for over-packing, and with strict luggage regulations in Europe I am a bit worried. Plus our FE group for this cruise is massive so I have 165 gifts to pack! This will be the longest we are gone anywhere. Good luck with yours - and remember to have fun once you are there!!!! At least when we travel in Canada/the States we know we can get anything we forgot, as long as we have our ID and credit card!

I try to keep reminding myself that Orlando is NOT a third-world country and whatever I might forget (other than park tickets, pills, and wallet) CAN be purchased there! Even the park tickets and the prescriptions can be replaced in an emergency!

Of course, on top of making sure we don't forget anything, I am making sure that the men we are leaving behind (DS and DH) have plenty of meals selections ready to go. I just made a nice bacon and cheese crustless quiche to add to the selections and I have a menu typed up to leave on the fridge door. And I have cleared an entire shelf in the downstairs freezer to put all of their stuff so they don't have to search for it!

We had a great day yesterday - I even bought a bikini for the cruise I haven't owned one of those since I was 16 (and I'm not saying how long ago that was...) It may only be used on our balcony, but I own one now! Did some biking with the kids, but followed it with a stop at the ice cream shop! And I couldn't resist - first ice cream cone of the year after a VERY long winter. I'll be good the rest of the week though...

WOW.... a bikini! You are brave!

Will this be your first trip to Europe? I lived in Switzerland as a teenager for a few years, and travelled around a lot with my family, but it will be the first time there for DH and the kids. Really hoping it goes well since I love to travel and want to start doing some more adventurous things with the kids (as much as I love WDW, there's a whole wide world out there!) What stateroom are you in? If we have any cruise related things left over at the end (bottles of water, etc), maybe I can leave them for you to use?

Another beautiful day here. On our way outside. DH is heading into night 12 of 13 in a row for work. I have hardly seen him since we got back from Chicago. It's almost done though, then he's away for a guys golf trip, then it will be close to our trip! In the fall he has to do 65+ days in a row for work, but at least this time will be on days and not nights. A long haul though - I have so much respect for single parents who have to do this all the time. I can't even do what I normally do when he's working these shutdowns - crack open a bottle of wine as soon as I get home from work! That sounds terrible doesn't it? But right now I don't want to use the calories on it!
I hear you on the single parent thing. I have had periods of time since the kids were born that DH was away a lot and it was a PITA... but I SWEAR it got worse as they got older because someone always had to be going somewhere and not always in the same direction! Fortunately he was able to coordinate his schedule with the robotics schedule this past winter and he did the driving for that while I continued to do the driving for swim. But it definitely makes you appreciate what it must be like to be a full-time single parent!

Quote:
Hope you can get to your goal of relaxing at WDW! Make sure to go on Splash MOuntain, it has been recently refurbished and looks fabulous. There were so many effects that I had no idea existed! They seem to have adjusted some of the water effects, I did not see anyone getting off drenched, but if you want to avoid any splashing, bring a cheap poncho!

I ALWAYS wear ponchos on the wet rides! I can't stand the thought of spending the day with a wet behind or wet hair! I look silly but I don't mind! Maybe I'll post a picture later!

And I am really happy that we have the 30DS discussion going on here, because even though I was not feeling 100% perfect, I just did Day 1. And hated it of course.... But without all of you here, I most likely would have not done it.

I was a bit sad about how much form I had lost over the four weeks of vacation and getting back. Thought level 1 would be easy now, but it was not! Well, the only way to get back in form is sticking to it. But I have decided to change it a little bit. Will be running on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and do 30DS the other days. I do have a 10k coming up at the beginning of October and want to be fit for that!

October will be here before you know it and you will be so glad that you took the time to be stronger for it!! 30 DS will help with that!

Yay for the bikini!!! I brought two for my recent cruise and while I look far from perfect in it, there were many ladies on the ship that wore bikinis and were in much less of a bikini form than me. It is just so much more comfortable to wear than a one-piece bathing suit! So, don't think twice about it, wear it!!!
I am so impressed with so many of you wearing bikinis! I thought I was being a risk-taker when I bought a tankini with a skirted bottom! Guess I am just an old lady!

Hotel reservations are confirmed. I also got a phone call from my WW coach and I am schedule to do my two "test" meetings right when I return from WDW.... and when those are done, I will be scheduled to start leading my own meetings!! I think I'm terrified!!

Rental car prices seem to be varying greatly today. I'll keep checking because I have found a few others that were down another dollar or two (but not enough to encourage me to change it again).... maybe I can save another $10 or so! Hotel prices have gone UP since I reserved, so I am happy I did that before we actually confirmed the trip. The last night I added later cost me an additional $9, but in looking at the rooms now they are up almost $50/night over what I paid.

Flights are double checked and park tickets arrived from Undercover Tourist, so I think all of the big stuff is taken care of for now. Off to do more laundry and hopefully spread a wheelbarrow full of mulch!...............P

Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #315
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I will be starting 30DS tonight. Just need to get through shopping for field day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: