50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Well my fluctuation and TOM have me up a pound this week
I can Always count on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Down THREE pounds today!!! And I even ate pasta for dinner! ;0 I always try to go low carb on the day before a weigh in, hoping for that extra ummph...but had a heavy carb day yesterday and still lost 3 pounds That is a stellar weigh in for me since I've sat at 197.0 for 2 weeks practically!

On to 180's!! Can Not WAIT!!!!

I'm at 194.0
BTW got my kid in today for a 12:15 dentist appt.

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Bigsis, I am drooling right now at those desset pics!!!

Floss, I pm'd you about coaching in June!!

Been interviewing for non-executive directors all day today, but finally over, so now it's the weekend. Weather forecast is pants though, so may just stay at home and spend some quality time with OH. Looks a little more promising on Sunday, so hoping to fit in a bike ride!
Looks like we're splitting this week? Sounds cool to me.

Was listening to Wayne Dyer yesterday and he gave me an idea for quotd.
He said it was impossible to get rid of bad habits unless you replace them with good.
QUOTD 5/17 Friday:
What is one bad habit you have that is impeding your weight loss? What can you replace it with?

For me, snacking too much at night is my worst. I think I'm going to replace the snacking with a massager for awhile see if that works.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #287
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I'm digging out my 30DS disc and starting it sometime this week-end. It might be the 31 DS since I will skip the day I have my half marathon next week-end. I know I will be glad I did it as I get ready to head off to Europe.

GREAT idea! I'm thinking of pulling it out as well, at least for next week. It is a great maximum workout in minimal time and I KNOW I will be short on time next week.

One thing I always do on a trip to WDW is ride the boat from DHS to Epcot. It's so relaxing. I really love riding on all the boats.

I've never done that! I'll have to look into it.

Pamela, I hope that F&G is still going on when you and DD are there. Be sure and check out the new Test Track. Also, Sanaa is a great restaurant with lots of unusual things that you wouldn't find elsewhere. Naan bread -- so yummy!

Have a great day all!

We've seen F&G a few times.... it is pretty, but we are very "commando" in our touring and really fail to "stop and smells the roses".... literally. But it does make the parks extra pretty! DD (and I) LOVE naan bread! We'll have to look for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
So happy for you and DD Pam! Have a GREAT TIME!!

Thanks... we will!

We always pay a visit to our favorite park - Epcot. We start with a "chocolate milk" aka Bailey's at the Rose and Crown, then the DH's stop for a Sam Adams in America, then off to La Cava de Tequila in Mexico. Usually by this time, we're feeling no pain and we wander off to the next show by the British Revolution. Since my Disney gang isn't as big of Disney Dorks as I am, sometimes I just have to keep it more "adult" and less "Disney". Such is the art of our Disney trip planning...but it works for us!

Oh my! I wouldn't be upright after all of that! I thought I was being a BA last time I visited because I had TWO beers in one day!

I'll be pretty much MIA for the next two weeks, but plan on posting pics on Facebook while I'm gone. So if any of you would like, please please free to PM me so we can hook up on FB. Have a great couple of weeks and keep up the great work! I'm so proud of ALL of us, losses or not. The point is we're all trying and that's all that counts! Arrivederci my friends!
Oh my, my, my! Have a wonderful, terrific, superduper trip!!

Quote:
Hi everyone, I'm back after my trip to Birmingham and giving my presentation.....think it went down well, They filmed me and did an interview piece to camera after the presentation too.....they're sending me an edited copy for approval in a couple of days!!!

I managed to stay on plan eating wise for the whole day, but my chinese take out for dinner arrived wrong twice, so I gave up and went to bed!!!

Congrats on getting through that presentation and for eating well!

QOTD for Pamela.....our 'must do' is when we go to DTD, we have a chocolate fudge sundae at Ghirardelli...got to be dark chocolate sauce though, not milk choc. We can usually only manage one betweek the 2 of us. Something I'd really like to do is a Wishes Dessert Party.......Despite being good on my diet, I could find room for those desserts, and also I'd love to be able to see/take photos of the fireworks without someones kid being in silouette in front of me!!

Sounds so yummy!!

Will be back with WI in the morning, night all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Since I just came back from WDW I was having a hard time coming up with an answer as I did so many things and can't say which was the most important one...

But I have come up with two - can't decide which one to pick as the "one", so will post both.

First: Spend time at the resort if staying onsite. The Disney resorts are far too nice to just sleep there. I love some pool time. Alternatively, check out some of the other resorts, I love the two lodges, AKL and WL, they are great places with a lot to explore.

Second: The two animal trails at AK. For me they are the heart of that park and I just love them.

Thanks for two great suggestions. We don't do much resort hopping... too busy in the parks. But we definitely want to find time to get to AoA and take some photos! We would have stayed there it the price wasn't through the roof.

Eliza32, I would be very happy if you could coach a week in June! I will be hosting then and was thinking the other day that I ought to start recruiting coaches for next month soonish!!

Anyone else out there who wants to coach in June??? Send me a PM or just reply to the thread which week you would like and I will reserve a space for you on the coaching list!
My first reaction was to step right up and volunteer, but June is going to be INSANE for me with DD's graduation, so I'll hold off and do a week in July. But I'll be happy to be a short-term sub if you need a day here or there covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I think it's a crazy time of year for everyone. ESP parents/students w end of school going on. I've had very little time for "me" and my workouts. Down half a pound but I'm happy (sort of lol).

I have a volunteers breakfast at school this morning then quick allergy appt but I'm dressed in my workout clothes. I hate going out in public in them but I don't care. This morning will be my only time to get it done.

Have a great day and stay focused on the long term. It's hard to see when the scale goes the "wrong way" but this is a slow process full of ups and downs.
I totally understand not going out in public in the workout clothes.... but I did it as well this morning. I figured I could get in a 30 minutes power walk while having tire work done on the car, so I bit the bullet and went out in my yoga pants, etc. And of course, it ended up being a morning FULL of errands after all was said and done.... so plenty of NH saw my jiggly butt in those pants!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Oh Yum the dessert party - we did it for the first time last May it was delish.. BUT....... even though we got a front row table that didn't stop this family from standing right in front of us... here are a few pics .. Desserts up first!
Oh my GOODNESS! Those desserts have me DROOLING right now!!! And I would be totally cheesed off if I paid that money and STILL had heads in front of me!!! With just 7 days left to go, it is doubtful that I would be able to make a ADR for the dessert party.... but I'm sure when DD sees those photos she will ask me to try!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
well I am down 1/10 of a lb for the week.. but given my gramps been in the hospital and we've been running around with all that .. I'm good, I'll take it.. On a happier note my Mom thinks he is able to go home today.. he did not have any pain yesterday (they blasted out gall stones and made the duct a bit bigger so he wouldn't have to have surgery) he ate breakfast and supper.. so it's looking much better!
Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't make it back here at Lunch time.. OH and have a great and safe trip PlutoBaby!
SO very happy that your gramps is feeling and doing better!! And great job on having a loss, even during a crazy week!!

Quote:
Down THREE pounds today!!! And I even ate pasta for dinner! ;0 I always try to go low carb on the day before a weigh in, hoping for that extra ummph...but had a heavy carb day yesterday and still lost 3 pounds That is a stellar weigh in for me since I've sat at 197.0 for 2 weeks practically!

On to 180's!! Can Not WAIT!!!!

I'm at 194.0
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Crazy good loss this week! WTG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Other than the typical rides that we HAVE to do (Soarin, TSMM, BTMRR, Dumbo), and our obsession with eating in Morocco, we love to check out other resorts. We just hop around and enjoying what they all have to offer. But, I know you don't have much time there, so I suggest just having a blast and creating wonderful memories! Oh, and take a ton of pictures. Did you order PP or PP+? Also, they have a ride PP now that you can get at the ride picture counter. I think it's $50 and includes just your ride photos. So, if you're planning on riding a bunch that take pics but not doing dining or characters, that might be a great option. I love ride photos.

Thanks for the reminder to pre-order my Photopass! I KNEW I was forgetting something!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, another quick check in while I have a short planning period. I have an extremely busy weekend with grocery shopping and ordering food for DSs birthday today, tomorrow we have 2 soccer games and a wedding, and Sunday we have the kids closing program for Sunday School and DSs birthday party (Plus DH works midnights all weekend!!). I doubt I'll be on much, but I'll try to at least read along when I can. I just realized I have 11 days of school left! Whoop! It's coming so fast.

So much to do this weekend! Take care of yourself!

I have to run and call our kennel to see if they have any room for a last minute vacation (June 7). We were invited with friends to Corolla, NC and we want to go even though we were not planning a summer vacation since we just went to WDW in January. I can be easily peer pressured into the beach It would be great for DSs because 2 other families going have kids the same ages as ours. But, our crazy, anxiety ridden, high energy dog needs to be kennelled. I would never ask anyone to take her into their house or her stay at home. It would be more work than having quadruplets, I swear So, off I go again. Enjoy your Friday and your weekend

Jill
Hope the kennel works out and you can get in a beach vacation this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Was listening to Wayne Dyer yesterday and he gave me an idea for quotd.
He said it was impossible to get rid of bad habits unless you replace them with good.
QUOTD 5/17 Friday:
What is one bad habit you have that is impeding your weight loss? What can you replace it with?
My WORST habit it skipping exercise. I have trouble dedicating a large amount of time (30+ minutes) every day to exercise unless I am at the Y with nothing to do while I wait for DD.... and those days are ending soon! I need to make sure I am fitting in my exercise EVERY DAY.... and I can start by replacing my "must exercise 30+ minutes in a row" mentality with...."it is okay to exercise in 5-10 minute segments throughout the day" mentality!!

Okay friends! I literally have 2 minutes left to chat!

First of all..... today is my 21st wedding anniversary!

I spent the morning getting tire work done, running errands (transfer station, returns to 3 stores, buying sneakers), etc, plus I got in a 30 minute power walk. Then home to laundry, lunch, and now another trip to the transfer station on my way to pick up the kids.

Scale was down from last Friday's weight but up a bit from last Saturday's weight. I'm really getting confused about why this keeps happening.... up a bit/down a bit/up a bit/down a bit..... although I will say that slowly but surely my overall trend has been DOWN and that is a good thing. I even replaced my scale battery this week because DD seems to be having the same trouble!

I am so crazy stressed right now, I am almost literally shaking. I have SO MUCH TO DO and so little time to do it in! And of course, DH wants to go out to dinner tonight.... which is a very nice gesture, but I feel like I don't have the time and I don't want to use the calories. That being said, we do have TWO restaurant gift cards that we could use, so at least I won't be thinking about all of the money we are spending! I'll be sure to check out the restaurant website this afternoon to make my food choice. I don't think I've been there before (Bugabook Creek Steak House).... maybe once a long time ago??? So I have NO idea what they have available.

Hope everyone is having a delightful Friday! I'll see you later tonight or maybe tomorrow if I have time!.....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #288
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

QOTD...I guess my worst habit is my weekly Subway fix, but I'm still losing, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow for the rest of the week, so no problem there really. I'm down 4lb so far for May, so must be doing something right.

50sJayne, I'm ducking out of coaching for this coming week, I've booked a week in June instead if that's OK with you?? I am actually away for Union stuff 2 days this week (London on Tuesday, Nottingham on Wednesday) so might have struggled a bit anyway. I seem to be spending my life on trains to and from meetings at the moment!!

Still no sign of my exam results!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #289
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quick drive by

I'm still here just really busy. DH is probably going to accept this job in CT so that means setting up a second home. We are going to use the RV at a camp site 1/2 way between home and work. I've been doing a lot of running around getting insurance info. We've never actually had insurance in the same state as work and home, so this is new to me.
We will be doing a lot of running back and forth so we can spend more time with DH. I'm gonna need everyone's help to keep me sane through this. My biggest issue now is finding meals that are easily transportable at least 2 days a week, maybe 3. It may need to be crock pot meals, but I need to find meals that don't rely on to many sauces or other high calorie liquids.

DS has his last meet tomorrow, ECC's. He's running the 2 mile (3200) but not sure if I posted Tuesday, he ran the mile in 4:55. His goal was to be under 5 by fall so he is way ahead of schedule. Can you imagine running a mile in under 5 minutes?!? It's insane!!

Anyway, I see many people are taking trips soon so safe travels to everyone. Can't wait to hear about your trips when you get back. Make sure you get in front of the camera too!!

Pamela and Lisa if you are starting or already have started 30DS let me know. I had intended on starting in April but I couldn't get my mind around it with everything else going on. But I could really use some support and accountability if you are willing. Lemme know.

Ok off to bed. DH will be home soon and we have to be at the bus before 8am.
And I'm sporting day 3 of a headache. Sleep seems to be my only relief.

Talk to you later!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 05-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #290
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

[QUOTE/]!

I am so crazy stressed right now, I am almost literally shaking. I have SO MUCH TO DO and so little time to do it in! And of course, DH wants to go out to dinner tonight.... which is a very nice gesture, but I feel like I don't have the time and I don't want to use the calories. That being said, we do have TWO restaurant gift cards that we could use, so at least I won't be thinking about all of the money we are spending! I'll be sure to check out the restaurant website this afternoon to make my food choice. I don't think I've been there before (Bugabook Creek Steak House).... maybe once a long time ago??? So I have NO idea what they have available.

Hope everyone is having a delightful Friday! I'll see you later tonight or maybe tomorrow if I have time!.....................P[/QUOTE]

First! happy Anniversary!!

I hope you went out to celebrate! Downward trend is always the best! Stay encouraged through the stress...you are doing great!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #291
pjlla
<><

Quote:
QOTD...I guess my worst habit is my weekly Subway fix, but I'm still losing, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow for the rest of the week, so no problem there really. I'm down 4lb so far for May, so must be doing something right.

50sJayne, I'm ducking out of coaching for this coming week, I've booked a week in June instead if that's OK with you?? I am actually away for Union stuff 2 days this week (London on Tuesday, Nottingham on Wednesday) so might have struggled a bit anyway. I seem to be spending my life on trains to and from meetings at the moment!!

Nothing wrong with Subway as long as you are making the healthier choices! It is our " go to" fast food stop. Just wish they had a lower carb bread/wrap option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quick drive by

I'm still here just really busy. DH is probably going to accept this job in CT so that means setting up a second home. We are going to use the RV at a camp site 1/2 way between home and work. I've been doing a lot of running around getting insurance info. We've never actually had insurance in the same state as work and home, so this is new to me.
We will be doing a lot of running back and forth so we can spend more time with DH. I'm gonna need everyone's help to keep me sane through this. My biggest issue now is finding meals that are easily transportable at least 2 days a week, maybe 3. It may need to be crock pot meals, but I need to find meals that don't rely on to many sauces or other high calorie liquids.

DS has his last meet tomorrow, ECC's. He's running the 2 mile (3200) but not sure if I posted Tuesday, he ran the mile in 4:55. His goal was to be under 5 by fall so he is way ahead of schedule. Can you imagine running a mile in under 5 minutes?!? It's insane!!

Anyway, I see many people are taking trips soon so safe travels to everyone. Can't wait to hear about your trips when you get back. Make sure you get in front of the camera too!!

Pamela and Lisa if you are starting or already have started 30DS let me know. I had intended on starting in April but I couldn't get my mind around it with everything else going on. But I could really use some support and accountability if you are willing. Lemme know.

Talk to you later!

Exciting for DH to be closer...but crazy that you need to worry about a second household. I'll check my recipe book for some healthy crockpot options for you.

My plan is to do the 30DS on the days I don't work this week so I can have my workouts done early and then have time to run errands on Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday while DD is swimming. I still have to buy stuff for our trip, plus groceries for this week plus prepare meals for the men to have while we're gone! I'll commit to the 30 DS Mon, Tues, and Wed. Not sure yet about tomorrow and I'm working Thurs and we leave Friday!

Quote:
First! happy Anniversary!!

I hope you went out to celebrate! Downward trend is always the best! Stay encouraged through the stress...you are doing great!
Thanks so much!

Good morning everyone! Who else is up and moving this morning? Tried out my new sneaks on the TM this morning. They felt fine. Not quite as much arch support as some other styles I've worn, but I think they will be fine for now.

Ended up with a nice dinner out with DH last night and had no trouble staying OP. I ordered seltzer to drink (I refuse to pay over $4 for a bottle of beer!) garden side salad with just vinegar for dressing, and a roasted half chicken with steamed veggies ( pretty standard broccoli, carrot, squash blend) and I subbed a side of sautéed onions (very yummy) in for the potato. I ate the chicken leg and thigh and brought home the breast. It was NOT a large chicken at all, but I had enough to be satisfied. When I got home and journaled my food I realized I had lots of calories left to use, so I had a beer and a serving of mixed nuts which brought me right to my minimum Points for the day. I had saved Points earlier in the day for the dinner but didn't really need them.

DD didn't like the sneakers I brought home for her to try so we will be stopping this morning to return them and buy others. She really needs new comfortable shoes for our Disney walking. Her current sneakers are beyond worn out!

DD has a swim meet in MA tomorrow. I will be driving over 2 hours each way for her to swim one event! Crazy! We plan to use the car time to finalize our Disney plan and our packing list.

I have about 35 minutes left here to "waste" on Pinterest and such! TTYL............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #292
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sure-- I'm a steward too-- just kind of not been very active with it lately.

Quote:
Quick drive by

Talk to you later!

Wow, this is huge-- sounds like you guys have it together though.

PJilla-- I'm so excited for you and your dd's trip!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #293
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the quotd--I worked last night until 9:30, came home and crashed then had to be at work again at 8 am, came home slept for awhile.
I'll think of a good one for tomorrow and post tonight.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #294
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Inspired by Moonrise Kingdom which we watched tonight:

QUOTD Sunday May 19:
What is your favorite instrument?

There is nothing I love more than the sound of live bagpipes...
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #295
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Ooooh, no.......bagpipes are probably my least favourite sound in the whole world.....besides a yowling cat!!! (Oh wait, aren't they the same thing????) Sorry!!

I think my favourite instrument to listen to is probably the saxophone, it can be slow and mournful, or really upbeat. Best intro in the world has got to be Baker Street!!!!

50sJayne - do you enjoy beng a steward? I love it. I am also a Branch President (we currently have 856 members in the branch) and I am the National Chair of the union Standing Orders Committee......just been re-elected for my 6th year (I was the first even female chair in the history of the union). It's really taught me a lot about human behaviour - the members and the management!!!

Its currently 8:10am here, just had all-bran and banana for breakfast, so planning on going out on my bike for a short ride in a few minutes. Will be back to check in later.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #296
pjlla
<><

Quote:

QUOTD Sunday May 19:

I don't think I have a favorite. I do like the sound of bagpipes as well, but it certainly isn't something I here often around here. I guess I'd say violin or piano, since I have friends and family who play those. I do love the pipe organ in church as well.

Quote:
Ooooh, no.......bagpipes are probably my least favourite sound in the whole world.....besides a yowling cat!!! (Oh wait, aren't they the same thing????) Sorry!!

I think my favourite instrument to listen to is probably the saxophone, it can be slow and mournful, or really upbeat. Best intro in the world has got to be Baker Street!!!!

50sJayne - do you enjoy beng a steward? I love it. I am also a Branch President (we currently have 856 members in the branch) and I am the National Chair of the union Standing Orders Committee......just been re-elected for my 6th year (I was the first even female chair in the history of the union). It's really taught me a lot about human behaviour - the members and the management!!!

Its currently 8:10am here, just had all-bran and banana for breakfast, so planning on going out on my bike for a short ride in a few minutes. Will be back to check in later.
Maybe you hear bagpipes too often where you live?? I don't care for saxophone because it reminds me of Bruce Springsteen.... and I can't stand him!

Hope you had a nice bike ride!

Morning all. Scale showed a depressing (slight) gain this morning over yesterday, despite having loads of exercise yesterday and eating OP all day (although I may have had a few too many fruit carbs). DD is frustrated with the scale as well. Not sure why things are not going in the right direction for either of us.

I have to leave in 90 minutes for a swim meet, so I'm not going to hang around and chat here. I'd like to get a load of laundry folded and put away before I leave, so I'm gonna dash....................P

Last edited by pjlla; 05-19-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #297
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

QOTD: Definitely the violin or piano. I love soundtracks and ambient music so orchestras are my favorite.

Yesterday I ran my 3rd half marathon. I was 20 minutes slower but I blame it on my worn out shoes and the wrong choice of shorts. It probably didn't help that I'd been slacking on my workouts too, but I made it! I can barely move, but I guess that's good!

Adventure is out there!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #298
camnhan
DIS Veteran

UUUUGGGHHHHHH

I am up 3 lbs from Thursday I am just so ready to throw in the towel
I can't work out the way I want/need because my stupid hand & wrist don't work and I have the metabolism of a snail. Just so frustrating!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #299
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Pamela, a belated Happy Anniversary to you! I'm glad that you went to dinner even though you are crazy busy as I remember the picnic thing when your DH was injured. Try not to stress too much about the scale -- with all that activity that you are doing it might take a few days for your efforts to show on the scale. I know you feel pressure because you are leaving in a few days but stress only makes it worse.

Quote:
Guess your instructor is waiting until the last minute. Subway is pretty healthy so I don't know that I would get rid of a weekly trip there if you really enjoy it.

Enjoy your bike ride!

Quote:
Wow, Buffy, you have so much going on during regular times and now the family commute. I found my 30DS disc and will start it tomorrow since I have to do it very, very early before anyone is awake in my house. I'll be happy to give you some accountability and support.

Quote:
Very nice, encouraging post!

Quote:
Sorry about the quotd--I worked last night until 9:30, came home and crashed then had to be at work again at 8 am, came home slept for awhile.
I'll think of a good one for tomorrow and post tonight.
No worries!

Quote:

QUOTD Sunday May 19:

Okay, I have to admit that I got quite a chuckle out of the bagpipes -- I remember that you like them but you have to admit that is an unusual choice -- that's what I like about you, Susan, you are so interesting!

The piano is my favorite instrument -- you can make it sound like the whole orchestra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
QOTD: Definitely the violin or piano. I love soundtracks and ambient music so orchestras are my favorite.

Yesterday I ran my 3rd half marathon. I was 20 minutes slower but I blame it on my worn out shoes and the wrong choice of shorts. It probably didn't help that I'd been slacking on my workouts too, but I made it! I can barely move, but I guess that's good!
Congratulations on your half marathon, Kayla! That is one of the things about doing these races more often, not every race can be a PR, but every one should make you feel proud of your hard work and wonderful accomplishment!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #300
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I do like being a steward--being 'up' on matters I guess, I like the spirit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
UUUUGGGHHHHHH

I am up 3 lbs from Thursday I am just so ready to throw in the towel
I can't work out the way I want/need because my stupid hand & wrist don't work and I have the metabolism of a snail. Just so frustrating!!
Well-- sometimes you just need time to heal. Your body is probably all just kicked in to do just that. I would increase water. I don't know if you like spicy stuff but it has been proven to increase metabolism. I take cayenne pepper supplements at night.
I missed something-- what happened to your hand?

**Ha! I do love bagpipes-- they absolutely entrance me. I love their drums too and outfits, they are so regal. I am-- a piper groupie...

Last edited by 50sjayne; 05-19-2013 at 09:44 AM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: