facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #271
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Well my fluctuation and TOM have me up a pound this week

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #272
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Well ladies, my "almost time to fly far, far away" is starting with a 2.4 weight gain! Here's to hoping the amount of walking I plan on doing and consumption of real, chemical-free food, is going to help get rid of that junk!

Keep up the great work and, as I say this to myself too, don't let the bad weigh-ins get you down! We didn't gain all this weight overnight and it's not going to simply go away overnight either. Thank you to all this month's coaches and Dona for hosting! I'll try to check in every so often, but if not, have a great rest of May and I'll see you all in June!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #273
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

I think it's a crazy time of year for everyone. ESP parents/students w end of school going on. I've had very little time for "me" and my workouts. Down half a pound but I'm happy (sort of lol).

I have a volunteers breakfast at school this morning then quick allergy appt but I'm dressed in my workout clothes. I hate going out in public in them but I don't care. This morning will be my only time to get it done.

Have a great day and stay focused on the long term. It's hard to see when the scale goes the "wrong way" but this is a slow process full of ups and downs.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #274
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm back after my trip to Birmingham and giving my presentation.....think it went down well, They filmed me and did an interview piece to camera after the presentation too.....they're sending me an edited copy for approval in a couple of days!!!

I managed to stay on plan eating wise for the whole day, but my chinese take out for dinner arrived wrong twice, so I gave up and went to bed!!!

QOTD for Pamela.....our 'must do' is when we go to DTD, we have a chocolate fudge sundae at Ghirardelli...got to be dark chocolate sauce though, not milk choc. We can usually only manage one betweek the 2 of us. Something I'd really like to do is a Wishes Dessert Party.......Despite being good on my diet, I could find room for those desserts, and also I'd love to be able to see/take photos of the fireworks without someones kid being in silouette in front of me!!

Some confusion on next weeks coaching....I volunteered for next week on post #6, but it never got updated. Happy for 50'sJayne to do it, and I'll volunteer for a week in June instead.

Still no exam results, and hardly done any exercise this week due to work/travelling...am planning on the gym tomorrow evening whilst OH watches the Rugby League on TV.

Will be back with WI in the morning, night all
Oh Yum the dessert party - we did it for the first time last May it was delish.. BUT....... even though we got a front row table that didn't stop this family from standing right in front of us... here are a few pics .. Desserts up first!

A shoot of the castle with some fireworks (with a couple of heads )

and the whole family who stood right in front of us for all of Wishes!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #275
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

well I am down 1/10 of a lb for the week.. but given my gramps been in the hospital and we've been running around with all that .. I'm good, I'll take it.. On a happier note my Mom thinks he is able to go home today.. he did not have any pain yesterday (they blasted out gall stones and made the duct a bit bigger so he wouldn't have to have surgery) he ate breakfast and supper.. so it's looking much better!
Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't make it back here at Lunch time.. OH and have a great and safe trip PlutoBaby!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #276
PlutoBaby

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
well I am down 1/10 of a lb for the week.. but given my gramps been in the hospital and we've been running around with all that .. I'm good, I'll take it.. On a happier note my Mom thinks he is able to go home today.. he did not have any pain yesterday (they blasted out gall stones and made the duct a bit bigger so he wouldn't have to have surgery) he ate breakfast and supper.. so it's looking much better!
Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't make it back here at Lunch time.. OH and have a great and safe trip PlutoBaby!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #277
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

PlutoBaby, have a wonderful trip to Italy!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #278
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Safe travels and bon voyage, Kimberly! Have a wonderful time!

Amanda, so sorry about your sweet kitty. Our animals hold a special place in our hearts for sure.

Susan, good luck getting your son's dental appointment made in time before the insurance switch -- it's a good thing they give you some notice!

Helen, sounds like a great week for you and that you rocked your presentation. Great job staying OP!

Magdalene, so glad that you had a good time at WDW. I love the trails at AK, too, especially early in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Well my fluctuation and TOM have me up a pound this week
Drat! But you are still down overall so it is all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I think it's a crazy time of year for everyone. ESP parents/students w end of school going on. I've had very little time for "me" and my workouts. Down half a pound but I'm happy (sort of lol).

I have a volunteers breakfast at school this morning then quick allergy appt but I'm dressed in my workout clothes. I hate going out in public in them but I don't care. This morning will be my only time to get it done.

Have a great day and stay focused on the long term. It's hard to see when the scale goes the "wrong way" but this is a slow process full of ups and downs.
Very good point about staying focused on the long term and not letting any ups and downs derail you! Especially during the crazy, busy time of year that is the end of the school year.

Grrr, Michelle, on rude people standing in front of you at Wishes. It is hard to keep that magical vibe happens for sure.

I was down another 1.6 pounds at WW yesterday which puts me more than half way to my very ambitious goal for the month. I'm down 15.2 since I started WW in January -- going to try very hard to be down 25 pounds by the time I leave on my cruise next month.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #279
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Down THREE pounds today!!! And I even ate pasta for dinner! ;0 I always try to go low carb on the day before a weigh in, hoping for that extra ummph...but had a heavy carb day yesterday and still lost 3 pounds That is a stellar weigh in for me since I've sat at 197.0 for 2 weeks practically!

On to 180's!! Can Not WAIT!!!!

I'm at 194.0

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #280
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Down THREE pounds today!!! And I even ate pasta for dinner! ;0 I always try to go low carb on the day before a weigh in, hoping for that extra ummph...but had a heavy carb day yesterday and still lost 3 pounds That is a stellar weigh in for me since I've sat at 197.0 for 2 weeks practically!

I'm at 194.0
Great weigh in! Onward and downward for you!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #281
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Pluto Baby!! Have an AWESOME trip!!! I didn't catch if you were just touring Italy or doing Mediterranean cruise...we did that a few years ago and our best stop was Amalfi Coast/Sorrento! Loved it!! Eat some gelatto for us and please post a few pictures here on your return!! The weather should be perfect for you!!! My niece leaves Saturday for a month there on a mission trip...I am so green for both of you!! Ciao Italia!!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #282
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Question of the Day

Pamela is getting ready for her trip to DW with her daughter. We should give her some suggestions about things to do. What is the one thing you always do on a trip to DW?

Other than the typical rides that we HAVE to do (Soarin, TSMM, BTMRR, Dumbo), and our obsession with eating in Morocco, we love to check out other resorts. We just hop around and enjoying what they all have to offer. But, I know you don't have much time there, so I suggest just having a blast and creating wonderful memories! Oh, and take a ton of pictures. Did you order PP or PP+? Also, they have a ride PP now that you can get at the ride picture counter. I think it's $50 and includes just your ride photos. So, if you're planning on riding a bunch that take pics but not doing dining or characters, that might be a great option. I love ride photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

I'll be pretty much MIA for the next two weeks, but plan on posting pics on Facebook while I'm gone. So if any of you would like, please please free to PM me so we can hook up on FB. Have a great couple of weeks and keep up the great work! I'm so proud of ALL of us, losses or not. The point is we're all trying and that's all that counts! Arrivederci my friends!
OMGSH!! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Glad your grandpa is doign better. Here's hoping to him coming home!

Quote:

I'm at 194.0
Yay! Congrats on the loss!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, another quick check in while I have a short planning period. I have an extremely busy weekend with grocery shopping and ordering food for DSs birthday today, tomorrow we have 2 soccer games and a wedding, and Sunday we have the kids closing program for Sunday School and DSs birthday party (Plus DH works midnights all weekend!!). I doubt I'll be on much, but I'll try to at least read along when I can. I just realized I have 11 days of school left! Whoop! It's coming so fast.

I have to run and call our kennel to see if they have any room for a last minute vacation (June 7). We were invited with friends to Corolla, NC and we want to go even though we were not planning a summer vacation since we just went to WDW in January. I can be easily peer pressured into the beach It would be great for DSs because 2 other families going have kids the same ages as ours. But, our crazy, anxiety ridden, high energy dog needs to be kennelled. I would never ask anyone to take her into their house or her stay at home. It would be more work than having quadruplets, I swear So, off I go again. Enjoy your Friday and your weekend

Jill
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #283
PlutoBaby

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
PlutoBaby, have a wonderful trip to Italy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Safe travels and bon voyage, Kimberly! Have a wonderful time!

I was down another 1.6 pounds at WW yesterday which puts me more than half way to my very ambitious goal for the month. I'm down 15.2 since I started WW in January -- going to try very hard to be down 25 pounds by the time I leave on my cruise next month.

Have a great day all!
and on the loss!!

Quote:

I'm at 194.0
Great job!!

Quote:
Pluto Baby!! Have an AWESOME trip!!! I didn't catch if you were just touring Italy or doing Mediterranean cruise...we did that a few years ago and our best stop was Amalfi Coast/Sorrento! Loved it!! Eat some gelatto for us and please post a few pictures here on your return!! The weather should be perfect for you!!! My niece leaves Saturday for a month there on a mission trip...I am so green for both of you!! Ciao Italia!!
Thanks! We're spending a few days in Rome then a week in Sorrento checking out the Amalfi Coast, then back to Rome to fly back. And gelato?? Can you say GALLONS??? And tell your niece Bongiorno from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

OMGSH!! Have a great trip!

Jill
Thanks Jill! You too!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #284
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Bigsis, I am drooling right now at those desset pics!!!

Floss, I pm'd you about coaching in June!!

Been interviewing for non-executive directors all day today, but finally over, so now it's the weekend. Weather forecast is pants though, so may just stay at home and spend some quality time with OH. Looks a little more promising on Sunday, so hoping to fit in a bike ride!
Eliza32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #285
bigsis1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Bigsis, I am drooling right now at those desset pics!!!

Floss, I pm'd you about coaching in June!!

Been interviewing for non-executive directors all day today, but finally over, so now it's the weekend. Weather forecast is pants though, so may just stay at home and spend some quality time with OH. Looks a little more promising on Sunday, so hoping to fit in a bike ride!
All I can say is good thing I wasn't doing low carb/no sugar for that trip!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: