Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #256
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Hello everyone!

I got back from my vacation yesterday, had a horrible day at work today and now will get some fairly healthy dinner (after a not so good lunch...).

I have not stepped on the scale yet, but I know that I did do some damage. So tomorrow is my weigh in day and I will restart the progress towards a slimmer and healthier me.

I brought back a nasty bronchitis which bothered me the last few days and which was not improved by spending 18 hours travelling, many of them on airplanes... So no exercise for me today (besides my usual 40 minute walk to and from work), but that will start again tomorrow as well. I am thinking about restarting with 30DS for a boost first and then will see...

I had the best intentions of running during my vacation, but ended up running only twice, once around deck 4 on the Disney Wonder (fantastic place for a run!!!!) and once when we stayed one night at OKW - was a great way to explore the resort. But we did a lot of walking - and when I was at WDW the heat rather got to me, so I did not eat that much...

I hope you are all doing well and had a great start to the month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Question of the Day

Are you an all or nothing person? If you slip at lunch to use that as an excuse to blow the rest of the day?
I used to be more of an all or nothing person - but not in the sense of blowing it after I slipped at lunch, but in regard to desperately making up for it. Now I know that eating only lettuce for dinner is not a good way to make up for a bad lunch. I rather just try to forget about lunch and restart with a good, healthy and reasonable dinner that will make me feel happy and full instead of trying to go to bed very hungry.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #257
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Good Wed morning everyone. I can't believe I got on this morning. Usually I haven't been able to get on in the morning.

Question of the Day

Are you an all or nothing person? If you slip at lunch to use that as an excuse to blow the rest of the day?

I have this mentality and I am working to change it. My problem is not at lunch but after school and dinner. Most times I can make it to dinner before I blow it. I have been trying to make sure that dinner fits into the program.

Have a happy and healthy day.
I guess I fit mostly into this all or nothing but I've been working on it.. the time that is still hardest for me is what is in my lunchbox.. I feel if it's in there - i've planned for it therefore I must eat it.. I try now to tell myself it's ok to have a bite here and there just not a whole serving of XXX (bread, pasta, rice, real soda, chip, fruit) that way I don't feel like I'm cheating so there is no sliding down the slippery slope ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Hi guys!

I have been catching up on farm work and finally trying to check in here! Sounds like I am going to be jealous of the Italy trip someone is hitting this week, excited for those already hitting their goal this month!! and pulling for all of you facing challenges!

For the QOTD...I think I used to be a all or nothing kind of person, easily demoralized if I cheated...but now I have really found I can listen to my body...if I feel I 'need' that cheat I let it go and then go on to a sensible dinner option...I can hold that pattern for about 30 days, but then about once a month I need ONE day where I do not count calories...(I do after the fact out of curiosity!) and just eat whatever I want but watch the portion/selection...instead of 4 slices of pizza I'll have 2 and a side salad...

I am seeing my body morph with the changes in my exercise (on week 2 of Ripped..finished 30 DS last month) I LOVE the changes, but also find myself daunted by how far I still have to go!! I know 40 pounds is a chunk of poundage, just figured having lost 75 that I would 'look' closer to goal...and I really do, but watching those fit examples on Ripped makes me realize my body may NEVER look like that!! I have too much flesh hanging around..but I know the body will recover some...so there is hope in that.

My wedding ring almost fell off when doing some moves yesterday! I think most the water weight I carried from a 2 week long cycle has tried to leave!! I am soooo looking forward to seeing the scale this week!! I know I can be in the 180's by my set date of June 6th...then 150s by September 10th (our Disney trip had to be moved by 4 days to take advantage of Southwest killer deal!)

I also signed up for my first 5k!!! It is August 17th and I plan on running the entire thing!!! So excited!! My girls and family have agreed to do it with me (not my husband yet...he will need more coaxing )

Let's keep it losing people! Oh, I tried the weigh once a month thing, I gained and gained...I wish I could do that! Hoping once I reach goal I can do it! But I never weigh daily ever!
Great news for the 5K!! and Great job on keeping with the workouts to hit your goals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Michelle -- hope Gramps is going to be ok! great idea on your slinky black dress!

Liz -- great bathing suit! i love your comment about having a tolerance relationship with one

i'm moving r-e-a-l-l-y slow here today. but it's only 9 a.m. so maybe coffee and breakfast will perk me up! i do think i've been pushing it a little too much the past few days and plan on a slower paced day of laundry and such. but i do plan on a Just Dance session at some point for a workout

QOTD -- like you, i'm an all or none type mindset that i'm trying to convert into, the day is not blown. i've been forcing myself to enter in my food on MFP when i have meals that aren't on the plan and then adjust accordingly for rest of the day. or else, just face the facts so it's a better decision next time. yesterday i was gone all day and so hungry when i got home that i ate GS cookies with dinner they weren't even that good! i put my food into MFP and was surprised that i was only over by less then 100 calories. so that motivated me to stop the madness
Thanks about the dress and my gramp - yesterday they thought maybe a bleeding ulcer but now looks like they might remove his gall bladder .. then he had to move rooms because the guy in the next bed has MRSA so Gramp does't have a window bed .. but they said they would move him if one opened up.. Poor old guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
WOW! Can't wait to see you in the dress!

Sorry you are struggling with the eating. My only suggestion is to make planning ahead a PRIORITY.

One of my favorite quotes is....."Don't let the PERFECT get in the way of the 'good enough.'" I am great at NOT doing something because I don't have the time/energy/resources to do it PERFECTLY at that moment. And it definitely gets in the way of me getting stuff done! I don't tend to use it as a food excuse any more, although I did for years! Not saying it doesn't still happen occasionally though....

Congrats on your first 5K!! It will be a hot one probably, so make sure you train for the weather conditions.

Adorable swim suit!!

Happy Wednesday my friends! I am HOME today!! Of course, that means I have SO MUCH to do!! Again, I'm trying not to let my extensive to-do list paralyze me, as it can do. I will PRIORITIZE it and work in order and set time limits and whatever I do, I do!

I am feeling like the scale will say GOOD THINGS this Friday! It seems like I can see my mid-section looking the way it did when I was at my low-maintenance range previously.... and pants are fitting well, if not loose. Not sure I will hit 130 by a week from Friday (the day we leave for Disney) but as long as my shorts fit, I will be happy.

Looking forward to spending some relaxing/fun time with DD tomorrow. She has the school day off, as she has to be there tomorrow night from 5-8pm for Senior Expo (where they get a chance to show off their Senior projects to the community). So we will drop DS at school, head to the Y for a workout (since she will be missing evening swim practice), grab some brunch/lunch, do a bit of shopping/returns, hopefully find a graduation dress for her.

Well..... second laundry load is ready for the line and dishwasher is ready to be emptied and my coffee cup is empty... so it must be time for me to say good-bye! TTYL...............P
Thanks P.. sounds like you must be getting close especially if they are feeling looser! You and your DD will have so much fun dress shoppping tomorrow (and on your upcoming trip)

Quote:
Okay..... who ever it was that I promised the low carb recipes to, I am posting some on our BL/WISH recipe thread today! Here is a link to the thread.........P

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...2#post48310872

Okay..... I was just checking out the thread and there are a few of my low carb recipes already there.....

page 8 post #112 (Cinnamon Toast pancakes) and post #116 (Kale and Mushroom soup)

page 7 post #99 (Asian Lettuce wraps) and post #105 (Layered ratatouille)
Ok that was me.. I'll head over to look at it now..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #258
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Afternoon all! Mother Nature decided that 90 minutes outside was going to be enough so she sent some rain showers to make sure that I head inside. I did get something accomplished out there and managed to get the clothes off the line before it rained too hard, so all was good. Now I've got an excuse to turn on the TV and fold laundry for a bit before leaving to take DD to the Y.

TTYL................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #259
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Wed morning everyone. I can't believe I got on this morning. Usually I haven't been able to get on in the morning.

Question of the Day

I have this mentality and I am working to change it. My problem is not at lunch but after school and dinner. Most times I can make it to dinner before I blow it. I have been trying to make sure that dinner fits into the program.

Used to be all or nothing-- now I try to work around the bad and catch up on the good. For example: Spent the whole day dinking around on the internet, so will just have dinner pretty soon and then go work out.

Don't go to facebook-- made a profile awhile back and while looking at a few friend requests I noticed my board just wasn't about me so added some pics..
If anyone is interested in looking--there's some pics of my daughter at a more innocent time....there's also a bunch of us at Disneyland. What I really need to do is download all the pics from my iphone which I still haven't done lol. because that's really been my camera the last few years.
https://www.facebook.com/susan.day.100

Last edited by 50sjayne; 05-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #260
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Guess I can coach

Quote:
Welcome to Marvelous MAy WISH Away the Pounds-- May 2013 Edition

Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:

Weigh in days
PM Weight to donac

May 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
May 10
May 17
May 24
May 31 (last chance)

Pm weights to donac

Coaches for May

May 1 - 9 Lisa0711 and bigsis1970 (Michelle)
May 10 - 16
May 17 - 24 50sjayne (Susan)
May 24 - 31 Dona

Future Hosts:

May donac (Dona)
June Flossbolna (Magdalene)
July SPACE FOR RENT
August araes2102 (Amanda)

How the challenge works:

This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better!

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On May 1st you will pm donac (hostess for May ) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On Friday May 10, May 17, May 24 and May 31 you can pm donac an updated weight. On Monday nights the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated January 7, 2013

Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00 %
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:

10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).

They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:

Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals

25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!
Guess I can coach next week if you want me.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #261
pjlla
<><

Evening all! Done with my workout and have a bit of free time before we leave the Y, so I am here to say HI and then waste some time on Pinterest.

I did a "fat burner" walking workout on the TM tonight. It wasn't too unbearablably boring and next time I will definitely bump up the pace a bit more.

I came up with a new recipe while on the TM tonight. I'm going to go jot down my ideas while they are fresh. I'll share the recipe after I have a chance to try it...provided that it isn't a total disaster! I'll give you a hint....it includes sundried tomatoes...mmmmmmm!

TTY tomorrow! ............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #262
jillbur
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to pop on and say "hey!" I am all caught up reading all the replies but do not have time to quote and respond right now. I've had a couple busy days with the DSs. DS10 had his field trip to Pittsburgh today to go to Heinz Field and the Gateway Clipper (boat ride). He got home at 4:30 and we had a 5k at 7:00. Note to self~pay attention to the kids school schedule & do not sign up for a 5k on the same day as a field trip. He was pretty tired before we even started. But, it was a fun race to benefit 2 local animal rescues and runners were encouraged to bring your dogs...so we brought ours. Charley (Australian Cattle Dog) was actually pretty well behaved and had a fun time. We did a lot more walking than running, but we were out there & it was a beautiful night. The running bug hit me tonight, so I'll be back out there using my Jeff Galloway app and signing up for more 5k's

Okay, I'm going to get going. I was chosen to chaperone DS6's field trip tomorrow to a safari type park where they can feed the tamer animals (camels, etc) from a wagon and also to a local park/playground. It should be fun...and probably exhausting!! I'll check back in tomorrow.

Jill
Old 05-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #263
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Thursday morning everyone. I went to type this and I couldn't remember if it was Wed or Thurs. I am glad it is Thursday because for me that means only one more day of work for this week.

Question of the Day

Pamela is getting ready for her trip to DW with her daughter. We should give her some suggestions about things to do. What is the one thing you always do on a trip to DW?

We always eat at Pinnochio restaurant and make sure that we get a seat at the window to watch the boats leave the IASW dock. But the rule is you have to wave at all the boats as they pass by.

We have always done this. When we came back from one trip a mom at my dsw2's day care said to us that it was so nice for us to wave at her and her daughter while they were on the boat. We never knew she was there we just waved at the boat.

Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #264
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Good Thursday morning everyone. I went to type this and I couldn't remember if it was Wed or Thurs. I am glad it is Thursday because for me that means only one more day of work for this week.

But AP exams are over, so your days must be a bit more relaxed. I can physically SEE DD finally relaxing now that the AP exams are over!

Question of the Day

Pamela is getting ready for her trip to DW with her daughter. We should give her some suggestions about things to do. What is the one thing you always do on a trip to DW?

We always eat at Pinnochio restaurant and make sure that we get a seat at the window to watch the boats leave the IASW dock. But the rule is you have to wave at all the boats as they pass by.

We have always done this. When we came back from one trip a mom at my dsw2's day care said to us that it was so nice for us to wave at her and her daughter while they were on the boat. We never knew she was there we just waved at the boat.

OMG!! I'm part of the QOTD! I'm SO EXCITED! I won't answer for now.... I'll just wait for all of your WONDERFUL FUN suggestions!!

Okay.... the day hasn't started as planned. DD has decided that she MUST FIND her missing Senior Project binder (she originally decided she did NOT need it for tonight), so rather than head to the gym first thing, we are up and searching the house. Hopefully we will find it fast and head out shortly.

DD is having some "swoosh" weight loss on the scale after a few frustrating weigh-ins, so she is definitely feeling happier. I am still feeling positive for a good weigh-in for myself tomorrow. I'm doing lots of "self-talk" today to prepare myself, just in case the number isn't as good as I am hoping.... no need to get upset, frustrated, etc over this.

Okay.... I'm in my gym gear.... I just need to find that stupid binder! Off to search the house! TTYL..................P

Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #265
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Calling myself caught up from this page since the week got away from me.

Pixiedust and good thoughts to all who need them!

Magdalene, so sorry that you caught a bug on your way home. Hope you can rest and recouperate this week-end. Those hard landings after vacation are so tough!

Michelle, for your Grampa and speedy healing. And a big for you for staying OP while you have your regular busy life plus this to deal with.

Susan, sending you lots of good thoughts and for your DD. How are the kittens doing?

Hi Jill! I'm like you reading but not able to post. Busy times at your house for sure.

I'm digging out my 30DS disc and starting it sometime this week-end. It might be the 31 DS since I will skip the day I have my half marathon next week-end. I know I will be glad I did it as I get ready to head off to Europe.

Speaking of heading off to Europe, Kimberly, safe travels and have a wonderful time in Italy! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Quote:

Question of the Day

One thing I always do on a trip to WDW is ride the boat from DHS to Epcot. It's so relaxing. I really love riding on all the boats.

Pamela, I hope that F&G is still going on when you and DD are there. Be sure and check out the new Test Track. Also, Sanaa is a great restaurant with lots of unusual things that you wouldn't find elsewhere. Naan bread -- so yummy!

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #266
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Anyway, on a sad note, we lost our family cat, Dakota today. He fell ill over the weekend, with Mother's Day being the worst. It was heartbreaking to watch. I have had him almost as long as my son has been alive! We took him to be put to sleep today, so it has been a difficult say to say the least, I have cried more than I think I have over anything else in recent years. I miss him and so do the kids. Even the dog misses him. But I know he is feeling better now, not in pain, which is the most important thing.

I hope I can keep up with reading and posting here, I miss you all when I don't have the time...
Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry. It never ceases to amaze me how those little furry critters can consume our entire heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Plutobaby have a MAGICAL vaca!!r
Thanks so much! By this time next week, I'll have run in ROME!!

Quote:
Just 10 sleeps until the day that DD and I leave for DISNEY! It really is coming up much too quickly and we are NOT ready! We did hit the mall for a bit of time last night to buy some shorts, but we are both still desperate for good sneakers. She doesn't have school Thursday (Senior Expo night, so they give the Seniors the day off), so we will head to the gym/pool in the morning and then maybe grab a healthy breakfast out and then to the outlets for some sneaker shopping!

Off to spend a few minutes catching up here!...........P
So happy for you and DD Pam! Have a GREAT TIME!!

Quote:
Question of the Day

We always pay a visit to our favorite park - Epcot. We start with a "chocolate milk" aka Bailey's at the Rose and Crown, then the DH's stop for a Sam Adams in America, then off to La Cava de Tequila in Mexico. Usually by this time, we're feeling no pain and we wander off to the next show by the British Revolution. Since my Disney gang isn't as big of Disney Dorks as I am, sometimes I just have to keep it more "adult" and less "Disney". Such is the art of our Disney trip planning...but it works for us!

I'll be pretty much MIA for the next two weeks, but plan on posting pics on Facebook while I'm gone. So if any of you would like, please please free to PM me so we can hook up on FB. Have a great couple of weeks and keep up the great work! I'm so proud of ALL of us, losses or not. The point is we're all trying and that's all that counts! Arrivederci my friends!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #267
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:

Question of the Day

WHOOOO - it's getting closer and closer now Pamela.. We always have breakfast at the Crystal Palace! Normally it's one of the very early times but on our last trip (which was Hubs first trip) we did one of the later 9:50am seatings and it was GREAT! We got lots done on early entry and then had breakfast and rested a bit then hit the park again till like 3 (then went back to the hotel for lunch and swimming then back to the park for the rest of the night!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry. It never ceases to amaze me how those little furry critters can consume our entire heart!

Thanks so much! By this time next week, I'll have run in ROME!!

So happy for you and DD Pam! Have a GREAT TIME!!

We always pay a visit to our favorite park - Epcot. We start with a "chocolate milk" aka Bailey's at the Rose and Crown, then the DH's stop for a Sam Adams in America, then off to La Cava de Tequila in Mexico. Usually by this time, we're feeling no pain and we wander off to the next show by the British Revolution. Since my Disney gang isn't as big of Disney Dorks as I am, sometimes I just have to keep it more "adult" and less "Disney". Such is the art of our Disney trip planning...but it works for us!

I'll be pretty much MIA for the next two weeks, but plan on posting pics on Facebook while I'm gone. So if any of you would like, please please free to PM me so we can hook up on FB. Have a great couple of weeks and keep up the great work! I'm so proud of ALL of us, losses or not. The point is we're all trying and that's all that counts! Arrivederci my friends!
OMG you are going to have sooooo much fun - can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it when you get home!!! Safe travels friend!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #268
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Haven't been to Disney World for 30 years so I can't help with quotd. Been messing around trying to find a new dental office that opened close that works really well with our insurance since I found an email saying our dental is going down by June 30th. My son needs his wisdom teeth pulled so now I'm trying to get him an appointment but they need a referral and our reg dentist isn't being very cooperative.
Gonna make a few phone calls to see if any progress has been made then go work out.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #269
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I'm back after my trip to Birmingham and giving my presentation.....think it went down well, They filmed me and did an interview piece to camera after the presentation too.....they're sending me an edited copy for approval in a couple of days!!!

I managed to stay on plan eating wise for the whole day, but my chinese take out for dinner arrived wrong twice, so I gave up and went to bed!!!

QOTD for Pamela.....our 'must do' is when we go to DTD, we have a chocolate fudge sundae at Ghirardelli...got to be dark chocolate sauce though, not milk choc. We can usually only manage one betweek the 2 of us. Something I'd really like to do is a Wishes Dessert Party.......Despite being good on my diet, I could find room for those desserts, and also I'd love to be able to see/take photos of the fireworks without someones kid being in silouette in front of me!!

Some confusion on next weeks coaching....I volunteered for next week on post #6, but it never got updated. Happy for 50'sJayne to do it, and I'll volunteer for a week in June instead.

Still no exam results, and hardly done any exercise this week due to work/travelling...am planning on the gym tomorrow evening whilst OH watches the Rugby League on TV.

Will be back with WI in the morning, night all
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #270
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Question of the Day

Since I just came back from WDW I was having a hard time coming up with an answer as I did so many things and can't say which was the most important one...

But I have come up with two - can't decide which one to pick as the "one", so will post both.

First: Spend time at the resort if staying onsite. The Disney resorts are far too nice to just sleep there. I love some pool time. Alternatively, check out some of the other resorts, I love the two lodges, AKL and WL, they are great places with a lot to explore.

Second: The two animal trails at AK. For me they are the heart of that park and I just love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Some confusion on next weeks coaching....I volunteered for next week on post #6, but it never got updated. Happy for 50'sJayne to do it, and I'll volunteer for a week in June instead.
Eliza32, I would be very happy if you could coach a week in June! I will be hosting then and was thinking the other day that I ought to start recruiting coaches for next month soonish!!

Anyone else out there who wants to coach in June??? Send me a PM or just reply to the thread which week you would like and I will reserve a space for you on the coaching list!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: