Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #241
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Monday morning everyone.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was very quiet here. Ds2 left to go back to school and work. Ds1 stopped by to drop off a couple of hanging baskets fro my back yard. Dh went to visit his mom (I saw my mother on Wed and spent the entire day with her and my dad). I went grocery shopping and spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing. I sat out in the yard knitting while dh did some yard work. We ordered take out for dinner and just relaxed the rest of the afternoon. It was a very nice day.

Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!

I realized that I never posted a question yesterday.

Question of the Day

Is there anything you learned from your children or someone you care for?

"Life isn't fair." "Karma doesn't ALWAYS work." "My heart is walking around outside of my heart in the forms of my daughter and son." "Count to 10, take a deep breath.... and then do it again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
We had quite the busy but fun weekend down here in the tropics. DH and I celebrated an early Mother's Day on Saturday morning by taking his mom out for breakfast. Then we had a "Moms" packing event that thankfully went alot faster than we had planned on. Since it was an absolutely gorgeous day, we went home, took the top off our new Jeep Sahara and went for a ride along A1A, which follows the beach. After stopping for a late lunch at PF Changs, (only 1 skinny 'rita but 2 spring rolls ), we headed home to relax for the rest of the day. Thanks to my phone ringing at 6am Sunday morning, (one of my ER docs "overlooked" the fact that he was supposed to be at work! ), I dragged myself out of bed and jumped on the elliptical. This was after the Wonder Mutt made me breakfast in bed. Then off to the pool for a few hours before the usually afternoon rains showed up. After an hour of PACKING FOR ITALY, DH made a great homemade pizza and we caught up on some shows. Still can't believe we leave this Saturday! So excited I can hardly concentrate on anything!

WOW! Italy next week!! Lucky lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Break Free from the Scale!
How to Stop the Scale from Determining Your Self-Worth

How many times have you stepped on the scale, full of hopeful anticipation, only to be disappointed by the number staring back at you? Suddenly, that great feeling of accomplishment you had vanishes and you tell yourself that, again, you failed. No matter how hard you try, you can't lose weight. Sound familiar?

For so many of us who are trying to lose or manage our weight, the scale is our main tool for measuring our progress; unfortunately, we often allow it to measure our self-worth, too.

While the scale can be a good way to measure progress, it shouldn't be your only indicator of health and change. In fact, using it as your only form of measurement can result in obsession, negative thinking and a possible decrease in your motivation level.

For people who weigh themselves daily (or even multiple times a day), the idea of giving up the scale can be scary. But I guarantee that once you do it, you'll be happier, have a more accurate self-image and better relationship with your body. If cutting yourself off from the scale cold-turkey is a scaryor downright impossibleproposal, follow this five-step plan to go from scale-obsessed to scale-free in just one month!

How to Ditch the Scale in 30 Days

1. Store the scale out of sight. Most of us keep our scale in the bathroom, and it's one of the first things we see in the morning. In fact, I bet before you're probably even fully awake, you hop on it to see if you dropped weight overnight. The first step in breaking free from the number on the scale is to put the scale away; out of sight, out of mind. Whether it goes under the bed, in a closet or in a drawer, get it out of your everyday sight. When you can't see it, you'll be much less tempted to hop on as frequently.

2. Start your day with a positive ritual. Because you might struggle with breaking the habit of getting up and not weighing yourselfeven if the scale is out of sightthe next step is to swap a new behavior for your weigh-in ritual. Instead of stepping on the scale first thing in the morning, give yourself a pick-me-up! Whether it's listening to a high-energy song that gets you going, reading your goals aloud, giving yourself a short pep talk or reciting a quotation that resonates with you, take just a few minutes to get focused and pumped to continue making healthy changes.

3. Start measuring other healthy accomplishments. Just because you're not weighing yourself doesn't mean that you can't track your progress. Instead of measuring your weight loss using a scale, grab a fabric tape measure and record the circumference of your waist, hips, thighs and arms. Do this once a month and record them on your "Weigh-In and Other Measurements" page. Measuring your body size in this manner can be a much better way to gauge success because, unlike your body weight, which can fluctuate drastically, the true size of your body doesn't fluctuate wildly from day to day. Also, as you get fitter and build more muscle, you may gain muscle mass and lose fat but not see much change in your weight-loss numbers. You might even gain weight from increasing your muscle massand that's not a bad thing.

You can also track other indicators of health and well-being, such as your daily energy level, stress level, sleep quality and self-esteem. These wellness measurements may not change overnight, but if you're eating healthier foods and regularly moving your body, you will see changes over time. And unlike a number, these changes make huge differences in your quality of life.

Additionally, make sure to track your overall health and fitness progress. If you have health issues, you may even want to consider measuring your blood pressure, cholesterol and resting heart rate on a monthly basis. If you're really hitting the gym, try regularly assessing your fitness level with a quick and easy test, like how many push-ups or sit-ups you can do in a minute. There are so many ways to measure your success, so don't get wrapped up into just one number when other amazing changes are going on!

4. End your day with a pat on the back. Now that you're in the habit of starting your day without the scale, begin to close each day with a dose of positive reflection. Take another few minutes before bed to write down at least one accomplishment from the day or one thing you love about yourself. Then, end by writing three things you're grateful for, large and small. All too often we get caught up in the mental ping-pong game of "I should have done that workout" or "I should not have eaten that." When you regularly practice gratitude, it puts everything into perspective and helps you see that a minor slip-up here or a missed workout there isn't the end of the world. Always recognize the opportunity to learn from it, and move on.

5. Weigh in after a month. Once you've followed the steps above for a full month, they should start to feel like a habit, and you most likely won't be thinking about the scale nearly as much. You might also be feeling more confident, energized and stronger. If this is the case, it's time to take your scale out of hiding. Before getting back on the scale, revisit all of the success and progress you've recorded during the last four weeks. Then take a deep, peaceful breath and step on that scale. Does the number surprise you? How does it compare to your inches lost? And the biggest question of all: Does it really matter?

If you feel like you've fully broken free from the scale and your weight hasn't affected your feelings about your body or your mood for the day, put the scale away and keep up with steps two, three and four. Then, try weighing yourself weekly. If the obsession creeps back or if you get down on yourself about the number, repeat this month-long process again until you've broken free for good!

Here is the link to the article http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1625

QOTD Monday, May 13, 2013: What do you think about your own relationship with the scale? Do you let the number rule your day and how you feel about yourself? Or is it just a tool to help you monitor your health? How do you think your relationship with the scale could improve?
I DO let the number rule my day.... both good and bad. I am trying hard to remember that the number fluctuates and changes DAILY based on water, salt, hormones, sleep, etc. It is just hard, after living a lifetime of my feelings about myself being linked to the number on the scale, to just take a deep breath and let it go if the number isn't exactly what I want.

I am VERY glad I never got into the habit of DAILY weighings. I think it would make my crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I keep thinking, okay, self, chime in on the thread when you're at your desktop and not on a mobile DIS. But it doesn't seem to happen - desktop = too much work, and then it conked out last week and spent a few days in the care of our awesome IT folks. Back now, but here I am on my iPad anyway.

So. How is everyone?

We are fine but we've missed you!!

I did my lifetime weigh-in for WW early this month. I'm still so glad I put my goal back up three pounds from my old goal - the one that I'd had from pre-wedding, pre-children days. It was just not realistic anymore, and even though I miss that number a little bit, I feel so much more chill about the new goal. There's work to maintain, but then there's *stress* to maintain, and I don't need the stress! The work is hard enough.

Congrats on making a SMART choice with your goal weight.

The Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC at the end of April was great - an absolutely beautiful morning to run in DC, and I have a lovely silver necklace as the medal I can wear every day! Friends convinced me to sign up for the Chicago Women's Half in June, so I'm now on the hook for FIVE half marathons this year! All leading up to Dopey in January - I still can't believe I've committed to that one. I should *be* committed, but it's going to be fun, really, I swear!

WOW! What a year it will be!

I've been fighting with food lately...one of those cycles where I get mad that I can't just eat what I want, when I want, as much as I want and not gain, gain, gain. Even with all this running! I caved to it yesterday and pretty much ate everything in sight on Mother's Day. I am oh so very back on the wagon this morning, partly because I felt fairly gross after all that overindulgence. But maybe I just needed a crazy day Iike that to get over it already.

Sometimes I think we DO need a day like that.... both mentally (to remind ourselves why we should be eating healthy) and physically (I think it shakes up our metabolism to suddenly have lots of calories to burn!).

We used to go to WDW in May (before DDs were both in school), so I think some restlessness comes from feeling like we should be going on vacation now! But it's six weeks until we head west to CA for a vacation to visit my sister and her family and then spend a few days at Disneyland - of course! Almost all our arrangements are finalized...still hoping my DVC wait list at Grand Californian might come through for the Anaheim part of our stay, but we may not even know about that until after we've left.

And in a fit of courage, I ordered a pretty Boden bathing suit tonight. We'll see if I can brave wearing it outside my house, assuming it fits!

So all's well here - I've been reading along and will try to chime in more often!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Enjoy your time in CA! Care to share a link of the bathing suit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Sorry I have been MIA everyone. Just not on top of my habits lately... I haven't completely fallen off the wagon but I am hanging on by my fingernails, running to trying and get back on! I have continued to exercise, but not as much as I was and certainly not as much as I would like. My eating as been horrible, though I usually stay within my calorie allowance (just with bad food choices). Not sure what would help, other than a swift kick in the pants! I really need to get it together!! Some of you may remember that DF and I had decided to postpone the wedding for a year for financial reasons, well recently we have been thinking about taking a camping trip to Yosemite this fall, in October. So we have also talked about just having a small ceremony while we are there, just me, him, the kids, and beautiful surroundings (well and whoever officiates)... I am pretty excited, this is actually my ideal. I just cannot fathom spending thousands of dollars we don't have in order to throw a party for friends and family, even though I do love them all. I just would rather have an intimate ceremony committing to each other and our little family, and be in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I still want to look like a bride though, and feel beautiful! So I want to get into better shape over these next 5 months, to look and feel great and to be able to enjoy some of the glorious hiking in Yosemite!

How very, very exciting!!! Congrats on making a decision to have a intimate ceremony that celebrates YOU and DF and not just a big party.

Anyway, on a sad note, we lost our family cat, Dakota today. He fell ill over the weekend, with Mother's Day being the worst. It was heartbreaking to watch. I have had him almost as long as my son has been alive! We took him to be put to sleep today, so it has been a difficult say to say the least, I have cried more than I think I have over anything else in recent years. I miss him and so do the kids. Even the dog misses him. But I know he is feeling better now, not in pain, which is the most important thing.

I hope I can keep up with reading and posting here, I miss you all when I don't have the time...
I'm so sorry about your kitty.

Okay..... caught up a bit and the class will be back in here shortly! TTYL.......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-14-2013 at 10:12 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #242
pjlla
<><

Okay.... done with my first class of the day and onto the next! Probably be in here for about an hour.... then I get a lunch break. Don't know yet what the afternoon will bring! Much easier than yesterday's one-on-one work!

What's in my lunch sack you ask?? A big container of fresh berries ( of the blue, rasp, and straw varieties), turkey and lowfat string cheese rolled up with mixed greens... and of course a big bottle of seltzer water. I'm looking forward to it!

DH is flying south today, so no big family dinner planned. I had planned on burgers (beef for the family, veggie for me), but I'll put them off for later in the week. I think I'll go for roasted veggies and a salad for dinner.... and maybe even that planned veggie burger to top it! Not sure what the kids will want.........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #243
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Hi Friends - sorry I've not been around the past few days, sounds like everyone had a nice Mother's day - I did as well .. I stayed on track but did allow myself 3 doritos, one bite of a burger with bun, one bite of chocolate cake with vanilla homemade frosting and one BIG bite of Lemon Lush I just counted everthing and had a salad for Dinner.

On Sunday evening around 7pm my gramp (who just celebrated his 90th Bday on Friday night with us all) was rushed to Maine Medical Center with chest pains  then it turned into stomach pains and as of last night they thought maybe he has a bleeding stomach ulcer (they are doing a scope test today to confirm) so I was at the hospital from 8pm Sunday night to 3am Monday am  so anyway I worked Noon to 6 pm yesterday then went to the hospital then to goodwill cause I only have enough pants to last till tomorrow so I wasnt home till 9:20pm ! And came to work today at 6am and will work till 4pm then visit gramp again till around 6pm! then back home again.. PHEW .. I am keeping track of my carbs and sticking to about 25-30 but the scale has stop moving down (it just moves up a little and back to same then down a little and back up to the same.. LOL so without exercise 163 looks like the magic number)

On a happy note last night at goodwill I bought my goal dress.. size 8 slinky black dress --- I did try it on and snapped a few pics (just for myself to see the before) I am excited to see what it looks like on my birthday (10/10) .. I am setting a goal of 4lbs a month till then to look fabulous in that dress! I am going to post a pic of it on the hanger on facebook tonight..

I'll hopefully start back answering the questions of the day tomorrow.. See you all later ...

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #244
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Sorry I have been MIA everyone. Just not on top of my habits lately... I haven't completely fallen off the wagon but I am hanging on by my fingernails, running to trying and get back on! I have continued to exercise, but not as much as I was and certainly not as much as I would like. My eating as been horrible, though I usually stay within my calorie allowance (just with bad food choices). Not sure what would help, other than a swift kick in the pants! I really need to get it together!! Some of you may remember that DF and I had decided to postpone the wedding for a year for financial reasons, well recently we have been thinking about taking a camping trip to Yosemite this fall, in October. So we have also talked about just having a small ceremony while we are there, just me, him, the kids, and beautiful surroundings (well and whoever officiates)... I am pretty excited, this is actually my ideal. I just cannot fathom spending thousands of dollars we don't have in order to throw a party for friends and family, even though I do love them all. I just would rather have an intimate ceremony committing to each other and our little family, and be in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I still want to look like a bride though, and feel beautiful! So I want to get into better shape over these next 5 months, to look and feel great and to be able to enjoy some of the glorious hiking in Yosemite!

Anyway, on a sad note, we lost our family cat, Dakota today. He fell ill over the weekend, with Mother's Day being the worst. It was heartbreaking to watch. I have had him almost as long as my son has been alive! We took him to be put to sleep today, so it has been a difficult say to say the least, I have cried more than I think I have over anything else in recent years. I miss him and so do the kids. Even the dog misses him. But I know he is feeling better now, not in pain, which is the most important thing.

I hope I can keep up with reading and posting here, I miss you all when I don't have the time...
I think Yosemite sounds amazing! Sorry about kitty--it's too bad it was on Mothers day. We lost a 2 week old kitten last Mothers Day. It was heartbreaking, she was so beautiful, little white calico.

Quote:
Oh well, I am going to just keep trying to get healthy...... or find better hiding spots for the bodies!!
Good idea.
I'm 45 and still on the pill. I think it regulates the hormones a little better. I tried being off them a few years ago--it was awful, I had horrible cramps would bleed just whenever--hormones went crazy. Also had a miscarriage so I just don't want to mess with being off at all.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #245
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Haven't been on much at home but have been reading from my phone. Have decided to go off my prozac finally after 2 years. The last year I've been down to 10mg's and am tapering to 5. Daughter convinced me to go off it and after doing a little research I concluded she was right. It also puts weight on you and weight around your middle and I work too hard to be thwarted like that! Ordered some fish oil today from vitacost it's supposed to help with antidepressant withdrawals but prozac is supposed to be one of the ones with the least problems with that so I'm not really worried.

Have been working out about 5 days a week working different muscle groups. I'm seeing those lines down your stomach like guys get on the sides--cool. Down 2 pounds which is actually my goal this month but will most likely struggle to keep it that way. Daughter saga continues--the lady she's been living with came in and I was in awe off all the completely extravagant and unfounded lies. She really has a problem. I told her all I know and gave her my number, also told her to confront her on her lies as it seems to be the only way to help her. If she wants to come back and live with us she will have to undergo some therapy with someone who specializes. So far I haven't heard back so maybe this person will be able to help her. There's also a womens shelter that just opened so if things progress maybe that will be an option. It would probably force her to get the help she needs as well.
My 'friend' is going to be dairy manager so I'll see him all the time now! It's right next to my dept., I think I saw him and talked to him more than I have all year yesterday lol. I'm so happy.
Well better go do the thing....TTFN
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #246
camnhan
DIS Veteran

What is it about carbs I didn't get breakfast yesterday because of therapy

Had fruit for lunch and then home to salad, pizza (only had 1piece) and half a breadstick and I GAINED 1/2 a lb!!! Plus I drank an ocean of water!!!!
Today was not much better as I had 2 snack size candies for breakfast with a small piece of coffee cake, chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch and veggies w/ dip for dinner this schedule is going to kill me...I'm out before breakfast and home after dinner and am so not good at planning ahead

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #247
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi all!

Tuesday - usually, this is the day I commute into DC, so I don't get any exercise in, and I'm up crazy early. This week, I have to go in Wednesday and Thursday, so I was working at home today. That also meant I had to move my long run for the week from tomorrow morning to this morning. And, of course, it was 33 degrees out this morning. !!! I went out at 6:30am, and the sun was already well up, so it felt like a beautiful morning very quickly. Nine miles down, and I'm glad to go into the rest of my week with that run done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Enjoy your time in CA! Care to share a link of the bathing suit??
Sure! Here it is: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...suit.html?mv=5

I ordered the color at the bottom - Sea Spray April Showers. I like how the midsection is kind of ruched. With that and the v-neck, this one might play nicely with me. We'll see. For me, there's no such thing as loving a bathing suit - it's more of a mutual tolerance.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #248
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Wed morning everyone. I can't believe I got on this morning. Usually I haven't been able to get on in the morning.

Question of the Day

Are you an all or nothing person? If you slip at lunch to use that as an excuse to blow the rest of the day?

I have this mentality and I am working to change it. My problem is not at lunch but after school and dinner. Most times I can make it to dinner before I blow it. I have been trying to make sure that dinner fits into the program.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #249
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Michelle -- hope Gramps is going to be ok! great idea on your slinky black dress!

Liz -- great bathing suit! i love your comment about having a tolerance relationship with one

i'm moving r-e-a-l-l-y slow here today. but it's only 9 a.m. so maybe coffee and breakfast will perk me up! i do think i've been pushing it a little too much the past few days and plan on a slower paced day of laundry and such. but i do plan on a Just Dance session at some point for a workout

QOTD -- like you, i'm an all or none type mindset that i'm trying to convert into, the day is not blown. i've been forcing myself to enter in my food on MFP when i have meals that aren't on the plan and then adjust accordingly for rest of the day. or else, just face the facts so it's a better decision next time. yesterday i was gone all day and so hungry when i got home that i ate GS cookies with dinner they weren't even that good! i put my food into MFP and was surprised that i was only over by less then 100 calories. so that motivated me to stop the madness

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #250
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Hi guys!

I have been catching up on farm work and finally trying to check in here! Sounds like I am going to be jealous of the Italy trip someone is hitting this week, excited for those already hitting their goal this month!! and pulling for all of you facing challenges!

For the QOTD...I think I used to be a all or nothing kind of person, easily demoralized if I cheated...but now I have really found I can listen to my body...if I feel I 'need' that cheat I let it go and then go on to a sensible dinner option...I can hold that pattern for about 30 days, but then about once a month I need ONE day where I do not count calories...(I do after the fact out of curiosity!) and just eat whatever I want but watch the portion/selection...instead of 4 slices of pizza I'll have 2 and a side salad...

I am seeing my body morph with the changes in my exercise (on week 2 of Ripped..finished 30 DS last month) I LOVE the changes, but also find myself daunted by how far I still have to go!! I know 40 pounds is a chunk of poundage, just figured having lost 75 that I would 'look' closer to goal...and I really do, but watching those fit examples on Ripped makes me realize my body may NEVER look like that!! I have too much flesh hanging around..but I know the body will recover some...so there is hope in that.

My wedding ring almost fell off when doing some moves yesterday! I think most the water weight I carried from a 2 week long cycle has tried to leave!! I am soooo looking forward to seeing the scale this week!! I know I can be in the 180's by my set date of June 6th...then 150s by September 10th (our Disney trip had to be moved by 4 days to take advantage of Southwest killer deal!)

I also signed up for my first 5k!!! It is August 17th and I plan on running the entire thing!!! So excited!! My girls and family have agreed to do it with me (not my husband yet...he will need more coaxing )

Let's keep it losing people! Oh, I tried the weigh once a month thing, I gained and gained...I wish I could do that! Hoping once I reach goal I can do it! But I never weigh daily ever!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #251
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Wed morning everyone. I can't believe I got on this morning. Usually I haven't been able to get on in the morning.

Question of the Day

Are you an all or nothing person? If you slip at lunch to use that as an excuse to blow the rest of the day?

I have this mentality and I am working to change it. My problem is not at lunch but after school and dinner. Most times I can make it to dinner before I blow it. I have been trying to make sure that dinner fits into the program.

Have a happy and healthy day.
All or nothing here and I'm in the same boat with you....I do great all day then as soon as I get home I hit the kitchen and don't leave for hours!!!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #252
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Seafolly-Women...pr_product_top

I really want a swimsuit like this! I love the boyleg look and just fel more comfortable swimming in a one piece...just not sure I want to pay that price! The Australians have much better swimsuit designs than anything I've found here..I may have to buy this for inspiration Need another month

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #253
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi Friends - sorry I've not been around the past few days, sounds like everyone had a nice Mother's day - I did as well .. I stayed on track but did allow myself 3 doritos, one bite of a burger with bun, one bite of chocolate cake with vanilla homemade frosting and one BIG bite of Lemon Lush I just counted everthing and had a salad for Dinner.

Good for you for tracking everything!

On Sunday evening around 7pm my gramp (who just celebrated his 90th Bday on Friday night with us all) was rushed to Maine Medical Center with chest pains  then it turned into stomach pains and as of last night they thought maybe he has a bleeding stomach ulcer (they are doing a scope test today to confirm) so I was at the hospital from 8pm Sunday night to 3am Monday am  so anyway I worked Noon to 6 pm yesterday then went to the hospital then to goodwill cause I only have enough pants to last till tomorrow so I wasnt home till 9:20pm ! And came to work today at 6am and will work till 4pm then visit gramp again till around 6pm! then back home again.. PHEW .. I am keeping track of my carbs and sticking to about 25-30 but the scale has stop moving down (it just moves up a little and back to same then down a little and back up to the same.. LOL so without exercise 163 looks like the magic number)

Praying for healing and recovery for him right now! Keep us informed please.

On a happy note last night at goodwill I bought my goal dress.. size 8 slinky black dress --- I did try it on and snapped a few pics (just for myself to see the before) I am excited to see what it looks like on my birthday (10/10) .. I am setting a goal of 4lbs a month till then to look fabulous in that dress! I am going to post a pic of it on the hanger on facebook tonight..

I'll hopefully start back answering the questions of the day tomorrow.. See you all later ...
WOW! Can't wait to see you in the dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Haven't been on much at home but have been reading from my phone. Have decided to go off my prozac finally after 2 years. The last year I've been down to 10mg's and am tapering to 5. Daughter convinced me to go off it and after doing a little research I concluded she was right. It also puts weight on you and weight around your middle and I work too hard to be thwarted like that! Ordered some fish oil today from vitacost it's supposed to help with antidepressant withdrawals but prozac is supposed to be one of the ones with the least problems with that so I'm not really worried.

Do you have a Costco membership? They are supposed to have one of the best fish oil caps. I'll have to ask DH exactly which ones. He has done some research on them.

Have been working out about 5 days a week working different muscle groups. I'm seeing those lines down your stomach like guys get on the sides--cool. Down 2 pounds which is actually my goal this month but will most likely struggle to keep it that way. Daughter saga continues--the lady she's been living with came in and I was in awe off all the completely extravagant and unfounded lies. She really has a problem. I told her all I know and gave her my number, also told her to confront her on her lies as it seems to be the only way to help her. If she wants to come back and live with us she will have to undergo some therapy with someone who specializes. So far I haven't heard back so maybe this person will be able to help her. There's also a womens shelter that just opened so if things progress maybe that will be an option. It would probably force her to get the help she needs as well.

Prayers for your daughter continue. Therapy sounds like it might be a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
What is it about carbs I didn't get breakfast yesterday because of therapy

Had fruit for lunch and then home to salad, pizza (only had 1piece) and half a breadstick and I GAINED 1/2 a lb!!! Plus I drank an ocean of water!!!!
Today was not much better as I had 2 snack size candies for breakfast with a small piece of coffee cake, chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch and veggies w/ dip for dinner this schedule is going to kill me...I'm out before breakfast and home after dinner and am so not good at planning ahead
Sorry you are struggling with the eating. My only suggestion is to make planning ahead a PRIORITY.

Quote:
G
Question of the Day

One of my favorite quotes is....."Don't let the PERFECT get in the way of the 'good enough.'" I am great at NOT doing something because I don't have the time/energy/resources to do it PERFECTLY at that moment. And it definitely gets in the way of me getting stuff done! I don't tend to use it as a food excuse any more, although I did for years! Not saying it doesn't still happen occasionally though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Hi guys!

I am seeing my body morph with the changes in my exercise (on week 2 of Ripped..finished 30 DS last month) I LOVE the changes, but also find myself daunted by how far I still have to go!! I know 40 pounds is a chunk of poundage, just figured having lost 75 that I would 'look' closer to goal...and I really do, but watching those fit examples on Ripped makes me realize my body may NEVER look like that!! I have too much flesh hanging around..but I know the body will recover some...so there is hope in that.

Glad you are seeing changes with the new exercise!

My wedding ring almost fell off when doing some moves yesterday! I think most the water weight I carried from a 2 week long cycle has tried to leave!! I am soooo looking forward to seeing the scale this week!! I know I can be in the 180's by my set date of June 6th...then 150s by September 10th (our Disney trip had to be moved by 4 days to take advantage of Southwest killer deal!)

WOOHOO on seeing the 180's and then the 150's.... and a second woohoo on a killer airline deal!

I also signed up for my first 5k!!! It is August 17th and I plan on running the entire thing!!! So excited!! My girls and family have agreed to do it with me (not my husband yet...he will need more coaxing )

Let's keep it losing people! Oh, I tried the weigh once a month thing, I gained and gained...I wish I could do that! Hoping once I reach goal I can do it! But I never weigh daily ever!
Congrats on your first 5K!! It will be a hot one probably, so make sure you train for the weather conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Seafolly-Women...pr_product_top

I really want a swimsuit like this! I love the boyleg look and just fel more comfortable swimming in a one piece...just not sure I want to pay that price! The Australians have much better swimsuit designs than anything I've found here..I may have to buy this for inspiration Need another month
Adorable swim suit!!

Happy Wednesday my friends! I am HOME today!! Of course, that means I have SO MUCH to do!! Again, I'm trying not to let my extensive to-do list paralyze me, as it can do. I will PRIORITIZE it and work in order and set time limits and whatever I do, I do!

I am feeling like the scale will say GOOD THINGS this Friday! It seems like I can see my mid-section looking the way it did when I was at my low-maintenance range previously.... and pants are fitting well, if not loose. Not sure I will hit 130 by a week from Friday (the day we leave for Disney) but as long as my shorts fit, I will be happy.

Looking forward to spending some relaxing/fun time with DD tomorrow. She has the school day off, as she has to be there tomorrow night from 5-8pm for Senior Expo (where they get a chance to show off their Senior projects to the community). So we will drop DS at school, head to the Y for a workout (since she will be missing evening swim practice), grab some brunch/lunch, do a bit of shopping/returns, hopefully find a graduation dress for her.

Well..... second laundry load is ready for the line and dishwasher is ready to be emptied and my coffee cup is empty... so it must be time for me to say good-bye! TTYL...............P

Old 05-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #254
pjlla
<><

Not sure how I missed this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi all!

Tuesday - usually, this is the day I commute into DC, so I don't get any exercise in, and I'm up crazy early. This week, I have to go in Wednesday and Thursday, so I was working at home today. That also meant I had to move my long run for the week from tomorrow morning to this morning. And, of course, it was 33 degrees out this morning. !!! I went out at 6:30am, and the sun was already well up, so it felt like a beautiful morning very quickly. Nine miles down, and I'm glad to go into the rest of my week with that run done!

It has been chilly this week around here too! Had frost warnings the last few nights!

Sure! Here it is: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...suit.html?mv=5

I ordered the color at the bottom - Sea Spray April Showers. I like how the midsection is kind of ruched. With that and the v-neck, this one might play nicely with me. We'll see. For me, there's no such thing as loving a bathing suit - it's more of a mutual tolerance.

XO
Liz
Pretty, pretty, pretty! And it looks like it would be SO flattering! Nice choice!......................P

Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #255
pjlla
<><

Okay..... who ever it was that I promised the low carb recipes to, I am posting some on our BL/WISH recipe thread today! Here is a link to the thread.........P

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...2#post48310872

Okay..... I was just checking out the thread and there are a few of my low carb recipes already there.....

page 8 post #112 (Cinnamon Toast pancakes) and post #116 (Kale and Mushroom soup)

page 7 post #99 (Asian Lettuce wraps) and post #105 (Layered ratatouille)

Last edited by pjlla; 05-15-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: