Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #181
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Good Job on finishing the 30DS !! it's great that you are feeling more toned!
Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Jill - nice job on completing 30DS!
Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Congratulations on finishing the 30 day shred, Jill!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Need to order our Disney tickets today or we may not have them in time for our trip! I also haven't book a rental car or changed our hotel reservations! Sounds like I have a lot to do this week!

Off to check a few things before lunch.............P
Lots to do! Where are you staying?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey just a quick note to say I'm still here--I've been reading on my phone on lunches anyway.
Jilbur-- was wondering how it was going with the mama cat? I think the best thing would be to try and trap the kittens if the dog will harm them. Deli chicken and tuna in oil are the best to lure cats into traps.
The mama is so sweet. She came out for wet cat food yesterday and DH put her into a trap. We couldn't get the kittens easily, so DH had to crawl under the mudroom and get them. We put them on our back porch off the second floor. It is screened in. (Also referred to as a "sleeping porch" in old houses). Anyhow, they are doing good. The mama lets us handle the kittens and she is just so happy to get attention and food She purrs like crazy. I think they must be 4-5 weeks old? They are crawling around and have tiny teeth. They are nursing (of course) and have no interest in food of any sort. The mama used a litter box, so that's a good sign. My sister is going to take a kitten and I have 2 other friends that may take the others. I'm working on DH to convince him to keep the mama. I just hope she's not pregnant again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

I reached Onederland!!
Congrats!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Friday Question of the Day

Where you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?

HAve a happy and healthy day.
I was not heavy in high school. But, I thought my hips & thighs were humongous! Man, I would kill for those again! I can actually remember doing height and weight my senior year. I am 5'5" (and a 1/2 lol) and I was 118 lbs. I see pics of me now and I look too thin! But, I was young and now I am older and have had 2 big babies (DS10 was 10 lbs. 9 oz and DS6 was 8 lbs. 13 oz and yes those were natural births, no C-section).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I am all caught up reading and replying. However, I have to run now. I have a stack of papers to grade so I can use all my free time tomorrow finishing up my IEPs and calling parents. Oh, and write my lesson plans for next week!
17 days left I'll check back tomorrow and this weekend. Have a great night!

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #182
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,769
DISboards Moderator

omg, i'm seriously afraid to be true and report the number i saw this morning. it was a dream...i can fluctuate so i know i must've been on the lower end of the flucatuation and so next week it maybe up a little ...but today i was


down 3 lbs!!!


i got to change my clippie!! i was only 1 lb away from that so i feel like thats real. maybe my growth hormone replacement is balancing my hormones out and my hard work is paying off!! with that said, last night hubby called and we had impromptu dinner out and i had two beers. so maybe some dehydration in my favor too. oh please oh please may this weight stay!!! and then down from there!

did we have one or two losers make it to ONDERLAND! cyber high five!!! woot! woot!!

QOTD -- i was a little fluffy in high school; my 9-10th grade years i just thought i was b/c i didn't exercise and so though my weight was like 125 i was not a 'skinny' girl. my jr and sr year I had a steady BF and we like to go out to eat on the weekends, drink beer (shhh!) and i gained weight and got up to 155 which is too much for my height. I had to buy size 14 jeans for my senior pictures! i was pretty upset over that. so my mom and I did the Rotation Diet, a three week calorie restriction diet and i lost it all. so by graduation i was at a better weight, not think like today's HS girls.
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #183
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?

HAve a happy and healthy day.
I don't really remember that far back. In comparison to most of my friends I was a little bit bigger and never felt comfortable in my own skin (like most HS girls). I do remember in 7th grade I went from 89 to 113 pounds in one year! That was completely due to going to a very small Catholic school that didn't really have a kitchen. We were served processed, pre-packaged, sodium and fat filled food every day. To this day I feel nauseous whenever I see those pre-packaged burgers in 7-11.

I am happy to report I'm actually down 1.4 this week! Thanks in part to the QOTD the other day about setting a 24 hour goal. I've been keeping that in mind every day since then and paying closer attention to my points intake daily. I pack for the big trip this weekend and can't wait to include the clothes I never thought I'd fit into again! Can't believe it's only a week away!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #184
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

QOTD: I was thin and skinny as a 9th grader...then my parents went through the War of Roses (bad, bad) for 7 years and I put on 100 pounds in one year!! I held on to that until my first year of college...i lost it all in 9 months, just being away from the drama made such a difference!

Okay, it's time for me to get ANGRY!!! I have been sitting at 197 for over 2 weeks!!! I started perimenopause a little over 2 weeks ago, my cycle JUST ended after 16 days!!! I have not missed a day of exercise (completed 30DS and am on day 5 of Ripped), have had 2 cheat days but still kept my calories under 1200!! The scale is NOT moving! I guess I could go drastic and just eat spinach smoothies for a week, it's just crazy! My chest feels like I am about to have a baby! So heavy and tender! I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...clothes are all looser and my body is smaller so maybe I'm just still exchanging muscle for fat pounds...ugh!

CONGRATS ohmom on your 3 pound loss!! That is encouraging for all of us!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #185
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good evening everyone. My kids took their AP exam on Wed so 4 out of my 5 classes are pretty much done for the rest of the year. Now I just have to keep them busy for the next 5 weeks.

I don't think any has volunteered for coaching this week so I will post Friday's question. I can't get on in the morning so I can do Friday's tonight.

Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?


I was a lot lighter in high school but not as thin as when I finished college but I thought I was much too heavy in high school. What I would give to be that weight again.

Don't forget to send me your weigh in this weekend so I can update the front page.

HAve a happy and healthy day.
I was a little--maybe 5 #'s overweight. In the 80's that was something like 10-15 pounds overweight. Got anorexic, went from a healthy 125-30 to 81 pounds. Then I gained back all plus more so I was running about 140 as an older teen for about a year and then lost that--was a stripper until I got knocked up at 19, then gained 70 pounds or so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
QOTD: I was thin and skinny as a 9th grader...then my parents went through the War of Roses (bad, bad) for 7 years and I put on 100 pounds in one year!! I held on to that until my first year of college...i lost it all in 9 months, just being away from the drama made such a difference!

Okay, it's time for me to get ANGRY!!! I have been sitting at 197 for over 2 weeks!!! I started perimenopause a little over 2 weeks ago, my cycle JUST ended after 16 days!!! I have not missed a day of exercise (completed 30DS and am on day 5 of Ripped), have had 2 cheat days but still kept my calories under 1200!! The scale is NOT moving! I guess I could go drastic and just eat spinach smoothies for a week, it's just crazy! My chest feels like I am about to have a baby! So heavy and tender! I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...clothes are all looser and my body is smaller so maybe I'm just still exchanging muscle for fat pounds...ugh!

CONGRATS ohmom on your 3 pound loss!! That is encouraging for all of us!!
I hear you. I'm actually up a pound. Up 2 pounds from yesterday. And yesterday I worked out my abs leg and core to exhaustion, did the elliptical for 30, rode my bike to work, (40 minutes to 25 from) had a very busy night at work. For breakfast I had 3 mini bagels with hummus, and milk, lunch (I had lunch I was good) was an Aidells artichoke and chicken sausage and a handful of kettle chips. Got home around 9:30 and had 4 small tortillas (blue corn and flax) made into chips and ceviche. Also had a big orange and some kettle corn with a fat free cheese slice. Dang it--I see the problem-- I'm just so hungry when I get home...Also had a few drinks but I was under my limit.
I actually think it was how much salt I put on the chips--I put a bunch of creole seasoning and some cumin. My body fat percentage is actually the lowest I've seen for a year or so.

Quote:
The mama is so sweet. She came out for wet cat food yesterday and DH put her into a trap. We couldn't get the kittens easily, so DH had to crawl under the mudroom and get them. We put them on our back porch off the second floor. It is screened in. (Also referred to as a "sleeping porch" in old houses). Anyhow, they are doing good. The mama lets us handle the kittens and she is just so happy to get attention and food She purrs like crazy. I think they must be 4-5 weeks old? They are crawling around and have tiny teeth. They are nursing (of course) and have no interest in food of any sort. The mama used a litter box, so that's a good sign. My sister is going to take a kitten and I have 2 other friends that may take the others. I'm working on DH to convince him to keep the mama. I just hope she's not pregnant again!
They sound small enough to properly socialize, playing with them with simple things at first-- little kittens like things like pipe cleaners and ribbon--stuff that won't scare them. Also having a tv or radio on will help and as much handling as you can manage. They are lucky to have found you guys! As far as weaning goes the mom will do that when they are ready, it helps to mix canned food with water for mom and leaving whats left over out so they can walk through it, clean it off their paws etc. It's best also to have mama on kitten food when nursing. The smaller size of the food help to wean them as well. Thanks for doing a good thing and tell your husband thanks too.
She's probably not pregnant yet but can go into heat as soon as the kittens are 4 weeks or so. I think Misty is coming down off a heat, she was getting really affectionate and meowy and I did notice some wetness, but she's so concerned about the kittens there's no way she would leave the kittens no matter how strong the urge. She just kind of bore with it and I have to make an appointment for her soon but I just don't want the kittens nursing on a Mama recovering from surgery.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!

Last edited by 50sjayne; 05-10-2013 at 10:08 AM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #186
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.
 
bigsis1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Standish, Maine
Posts: 7,399

First let me say I am soo sorry I didn't post a question of the day yesterday, Dang Work go in the way -- I did have on all set and ready go, same with today but I see dona took care of it.. I enjoyed being a coach and hope I did ok..


Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. Had a lovely long weekend in Chicago with DH - only our second kid-free vacation in almost 10 years and younger DS still whined that we don't take him anywhere! Um - excuse me - you are 6, have been on a plane dozens of times and are going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer???? Poor hard done by child!

So as expected it was a terrible weekend food wise for me - I just give myself free rein on vacaitons - so bad I know. I did hit the TM at the hotel gym 2 of the 3 mornings, and we walked EVERYWHERE, but even with that I gained back 2 pounds. Will just make hitting May's goal harder. AND makes me very worried about how much I will gain on a 12 night DCL cruise followed by Paris

For today's QOTD - on work days, mid afternoon is bad for me. I bring celery and carrots from home, but I could totally scarf down some sugary food to help me stay awake. Evenings used to be bad for me too, but I find i can drink enough water to stave off the worst of the cravings - I love crushed ice and as bad as it is for my teeth the act of chewing and crunching it makes me feel better about not having anthing to eat.
I am sure you'll lose your vacation weight quickly.. no need to fret.. I understand the afternoon thing.. but hey if chewing ice makes you stay on track.. they I say chew away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
So, yesterdays QOTD, I set myself a target of lowering my min/mile average when walking......well, I got home from work and fell asleep!!! So, when I woke up, I had to rush to get to class, I walked really fast (for me - I only have little legs!!) and did 2.12 miles in just over 32 m ins. Average now down to 15:13 min/mile...SUCCESS

Todays QOTD, most difficult time of day...breakfast. I don't like breakfast, it's too early, but I have learned that if I don't have a healthy breakfast I will be craving junk by about 10:00 - 10:30.....so I have breakfast even though I really don't want it.

Off to bed now as I'm really tired and have an early start tomorrow...going to a new GP surgery to make sure all of their paperwork is in order before an inspection by the authorities.
Great job on keeping your mini goal!!! Breakfast is important and I'm glad you have something

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Well late night is the worst-- when I'm watching tv. But also getting some kind of lunch in--I skip lunch All the time. I've actually started making it a habit to eat something in the middle of the day most days anyway, but only since I've been reading this board the last few years.


The hike yesterday was beautiful but I really didn't find it challengingpp I need everest these days I guess. I did download a bunch of new black eyed peas and pitbull (new to me) which always makes the elliptical more fun. Don't get me wrong the trail was excruciatingly gorgeous and I got to listed to Dr. Wayne Dyer so it was great.
Was checking my online calendar and ran to grocery outlet because the 20% off wine sale started today. (lol) Found a bunch of Almay really cheap there--blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, even concealer. Gave my daughter the makeup I had been using since she still hasn't got her stuff back from her apartment-- she walked out with just her purse. I loaded her up on bathroom stuff, food, and clothes last night. She's staying with a woman I've known for years as a customer at my store and watching her kids for rent.
TTFN.
good job on fitting lunch in even if your not really hungry - best way to keep the munchies away later on..Yay for great deals out shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Here is something from WW that goes with what we were talking about earlier this week:




Have a great day and remember first weigh in is tomorrow so make good choices!
I LOVE THIS!!!! Thanks so much for sharing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post


My worst time of day is in the evening. Hands down it is the hardest part of the day for my snacking urges. I think its pretty much "bored eating". Also if I have carbs in the evening, I am a freaking maniac with the snacks!! So my way of handling it is to limit my carbs at dinner & then get a drink of iced water first. Also I have premeasured snacks available to munch on if I get really bad cravings. Another thing I try is to just go to bed early!! I never feel like I get enough sleep anyway, so going to bed early is kind of like a treat!

=======================

Work is going pretty slow tonight, which is why I am able to get somewhat caught up on this thread!! My patients are all great, even the confused little old lady ( I have a soft spot for confused old people, probably cuz I will be one soon!! ) I do so much better on my diet when I work, I really need to work on getting better control on my weeks off!! Perhaps some meditation after my workouts to help me focus and get more centered.
In other news, I was able to get all my dining reservations made for our trip, even getting better times than what I had originally thought!! Now just hoping for some kind of a discount, either room or FD, to help with the $$.
Well back to work now, hope you all have a great day today!!
If I am having crazy cravings at night I just go to bed after drinking a large glass of water.. not ideal for everyone but that helps me..
GREAT news on the dining ressies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
good morning everyone! is it really thursday already!?!

my apologies for not being more active in our thread this week...i have good intentions and try to keep up by reading on my phone. but i'd rather type my replies on my keyboard and so i fall behind.

i guess my excuse is one that i'm very thankful for it seems since starting my growth hormone replacement my energy has improved signficantly and i'm finding myself putzing around the house getting some things done! it's a bit overwhelming...being sick for 3 years has taken a toll on how I like to keep my house, and things like spring cleaning type clean hasn't happened. i do have someone cleaning my house bi-weekly but by summer i hope to have her come monthly to do bathrooms/kitchen only. the housework is good therapy and activity for me...i'm just not ready to take it all on yet. so i'm starting my to-do list and i'll pace myself and hopefully get some of the deep cleaning done!

i didn't see today's QOTD yet so i'll answer yesterdays...late afternoon is the hardest time for me. i find myself sleepy, then my daughter comes home from school and gets a snack and it was easy to join her. I usually eat a good lunch, so it's not that...it's that we eat dinner late so i'm ready for dinnner about an hour and half before hubby gets home. and honestly lately he's not even getting home then. so sometimes DD and I eat early, but then i feel guilty as we aren't having family dinners. ahhhh the mom-guilt cycles

to all who have stayed on track with their workouts this week! i'm not feeling it, but i will go to the gym this morning, so i can achieve 4 workouts this week. still not the 5 that are my goal..but tuesday was wiped out as i had a "Addison's day" we call it. a day when the disease takes over ...but i'm thankful those are getting fewer and far between

i can't believe it's time to WI already again!!! ack!!! i'm hopeful but i don't want to be disappointed either!! i'm really hoping for a 1.5 lb loss...
so glad you are feeling better! it's hard when everyone is on different schedules.. do you think your hubs really minds? I mean even if you and DD eat earlier you could still sit at the table and talk about your day later on when he gets home? then you won't be soo hungry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
So, had a rest day from exercise today....had to cancel Zumba class to attend a union meeting with some members who have problems. Enjoyed the rest TBH!!!

Food-wise, I did not plan properly for today but have managed to stay on track. Dinner ended up being a strange mix of stuff that was left in the fridge, but I quite enjoyed it.

And for those doubters out there........yes, we really do eat 'mushy' peas......especially with fish and chips.

LOVE Fish and Chips but NOT mushy peas or really any kind of pea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
My worst time of the day is when I get home from teaching. I start to prepare dinner, but meanwhile it's constant snacking!! It's really bad. I know it is, yet I still do it. It's my biggest downfall.
That is my trigger time too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good evening everyone. My kids took their AP exam on Wed so 4 out of my 5 classes are pretty much done for the rest of the year. Now I just have to keep them busy for the next 5 weeks.

I don't think any has volunteered for coaching this week so I will post Friday's question. I can't get on in the morning so I can do Friday's tonight.

Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?


I was a lot lighter in high school but not as thin as when I finished college but I thought I was much too heavy in high school. What I would give to be that weight again.

Don't forget to send me your weigh in this weekend so I can update the front page.

HAve a happy and healthy day.
well I would say that 115 isn't heavy but I was heavier then all my friends..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I am happy to report I'm actually down 1.4 this week! Thanks in part to the QOTD the other day about setting a 24 hour goal. I've been keeping that in mind every day since then and paying closer attention to my points intake daily. I pack for the big trip this weekend and can't wait to include the clothes I never thought I'd fit into again! Can't believe it's only a week away!
YAY good for you!!!! and great job keep up with the mini goal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
omg, i'm seriously afraid to be true and report the number i saw this morning. it was a dream...i can fluctuate so i know i must've been on the lower end of the flucatuation and so next week it maybe up a little ...but today i was


down 3 lbs!!!


i got to change my clippie!! i was only 1 lb away from that so i feel like thats real. maybe my growth hormone replacement is balancing my hormones out and my hard work is paying off!! with that said, last night hubby called and we had impromptu dinner out and i had two beers. so maybe some dehydration in my favor too. oh please oh please may this weight stay!!! and then down from there!

.
WOW Great job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Okay, it's time for me to get ANGRY!!! I have been sitting at 197 for over 2 weeks!!! I started perimenopause a little over 2 weeks ago, my cycle JUST ended after 16 days!!! I have not missed a day of exercise (completed 30DS and am on day 5 of Ripped), have had 2 cheat days but still kept my calories under 1200!! The scale is NOT moving! I guess I could go drastic and just eat spinach smoothies for a week, it's just crazy! My chest feels like I am about to have a baby! So heavy and tender! I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...clothes are all looser and my body is smaller so maybe I'm just still exchanging muscle for fat pounds...ugh!
See there are some changes even if it's not showing on the scale I've been trading the same 3 pounds up and down now for about 6 weeks but my clothing is fitting better/looser - so I am trying to not worry too much..
__________________

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13


8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #187
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,225

Looks like everyone is feeling positive at the moment, which is really good.

Not a bad food day for me, had 4 good meals and NO snacking....so far!!

No exercise as such today as I've been delivering training ALL day (didn't even have a lunch break as such, just shovelled my salad down between clients!!) but OH is going out to a match tonight(Rugby League) som I might go for a walk/run again.

QOTD - I guess I was average to a little chunky.......then just got chunkier as time went on!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #188
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,658

Happy Friday my friends! I am subbing today in the MOST HORRID class that I have EVER, EVER worked in.... EVER! In 9 years of subbing I have NEVER had to call the Assist. Principal to the class to help.... but I did today! I've worked in here before and knew that there were several behavior issues, but it must be a full moon or something and they are absolutely BEYOND DESCRIPTION today!! I've gone into my UBER calm mood to try and keep from blowing my top.

ANYHOW..... I hope everyone had a wonderful week and that the scale reported terrific progress. I didn't show much of any movement and it makes me sad and stressed, but I didn't get enough "real" exercise this week and obviously my eating last Sunday has caught up with me.

DD and I leave for Disney two weeks from today!! I am feeling crazy busy, stressed, overloaded with home stuff right now, so hopefully a Disney break will be just what I need!!

I won't try to do read and replies right now because I am working on a student keyboard and the keys are tiny and hard to use and I am really afraid things will go "poof" at any moment.... plus this computer is super-duper slow!! Hopefully I'll have a few minutes tonight to chat.......P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #189
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,225
DISboards Moderator

I was not heavy in school but I wasn't toned either. I was soft. I roller skated for 6 hours a day 4 days a week, just for fun not for competition. And after I turned 18 I was at the Navy club 4 nights a week doing line dancing.

I was 120 when I got married (at 19 yrs old) and 145 by the time we got back from Hawaii a year later. I stopped skating and dancing, DH isn't much of a dancer. And I didn't appreciate Hawaii for what it had. I should have walked more.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.

Last edited by BernardandMissBianca; 05-11-2013 at 09:47 AM.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #190
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 573

Hello all...well we got back late Wednesday from a week at Disney and it was the worst weather we have ever had

We had Tsunami's the first 4 days then cool weather and clouds the majority of the rest of our trip...never even got into the 80's. my one goal was to NOT gain weight but I gained 3 lbs and to make it worse my DH lost weight!! Only got a glimpse of the Everest racers on Saturday night...had hoped to go over and watch some of the race but did not get back from DTD soon enough....hope all those running had a great race"!!!

My DH ordered me the new Fitbit Flex for Mother's Day but it won't ship till the 22nd can't wait to get it and see how terrible my stats are! Hope it will be a good motivator....

Well I am going to try and catch up on the thread and see how everyone has been!
__________________
Jen
June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, May 2010 POR, June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #191
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
And for those doubters out there........yes, we really do eat 'mushy' peas......especially with fish and chips.

OMG! That actually looks good! It reminds me of creamed corn, but with peas!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
To this day I feel nauseous whenever I see those pre-packaged burgers in 7-11.

I am happy to report I'm actually down 1.4 this week! Thanks in part to the QOTD the other day about setting a 24 hour goal. I've been keeping that in mind every day since then and paying closer attention to my points intake daily. I pack for the big trip this weekend and can't wait to include the clothes I never thought I'd fit into again! Can't believe it's only a week away!
I feel the same way when I see those pre-made sandwiches & burgers in the vending machines at work!
Congrats one the 1.4


Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
omg, i'm seriously afraid to be true and report the number i saw this morning. it was a dream...i can fluctuate so i know i must've been on the lower end of the flucatuation and so next week it maybe up a little ...but today i was


down 3 lbs!!!


i got to change my clippie!!
Congrats to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Friday my friends! I am subbing today in the MOST HORRID class that I have EVER, EVER worked in.... EVER! In 9 years of subbing I have NEVER had to call the Assist. Principal to the class to help.... but I did today! I've worked in here before and knew that there were several behavior issues, but it must be a full moon or something and they are absolutely BEYOND DESCRIPTION today!! I've gone into my UBER calm mood to try and keep from blowing my top.
Sorry you had such a bad day. Teaching is a very hard job, and I imagine subbing is even harder. Glad you have a nice vacation to look forward to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...
Just keep telling yourself that and your body will catch up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?
I thought I was HUGE in HS! I was not the biggest girl in the group, but I was close. I weighed a staggering 175! However, now that I sit well past the 250 mark, I would kill to be that huge again!! I wish I could have appreciated what I had back then and how hard it would be to get back there.

Great news today! I have lost the weight I gained last month!! And my sister is flying in from ID to celebrate our "Christmas in May" gathering at my parents house next week! Between birthdays and Mother's/Father's days, almost everyone has something to celebrate so we just have one big day of fun! Sadly the only one who doesn't have anything to celebrate is my DD, so we call her gifts "pitty presents" She loves it and play's it up!

Now I am off to work in the yard and get some gardening in before the rain sets in this weekend! Have a great night everyone!
__________________
Me DD

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #192
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 573

QOTD:

I was skinny all through school...was 128 when I got married and thought o had thunder thighs!! What. I wouldn't give to have those thighs again. LOL
I didn't put on my weight until after our 3rd was born...weigh more now there I. Was 9 this pregnant with each of my kids.

I am a huge stress eater and gained almost 50 lbs after getting the youngest diagnosis of Down syndrome ( that was on top of my pregnancy weight )
Still have 20-30 lbs to loose....

My worst time of day is I evening sitting around the house or around 2p at work....get the munches every day
__________________
Jen
June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, May 2010 POR, June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #193
canadakath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223

QOTD - I was a good size in high school - awesome at 16 after I had to have jaw surgery and had my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks! Maybe I should try that liquid only diet again... Although I only lost weight my first few days in the hospital - when they tried to feed me the tonsilitis diet. Umm - no jell-o cubes were making it past that tiny space I had....

Well I haven't been able to get rid of those two pounds form Chicago, so my first weigh in won't be great. But I had a really good eating day (always easier when I'm busy running around town or at home and not sitting at my desk at work) and am planning a good run in the morning. DH (and the boys) got me a GPS watch for Mother's Day (I got it today since I won't see much of DH for a while because of his work schedule) so I plan on trying it out. I had the RunKeeper app on my phone but my phone's GPS was crap and rarely worked. OK when I was just running up to 5 k last year in my first year of running, but this year I am working on 10 k and also hoping to run the Princess Half Marathon in 2014. I need to start mapping out some longer distance runs in my neighbourhood and figuring out a good pace.

Hoping for a better weigh in result next week.
Congratulations to all the "losers" and maintainers this week!
__________________
Kath, DH, DS 9 , DS 7

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #194
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,195

Good Saturday morning everyone. It is pretty quiet here this morning.

Question of the Day

The weekend is here.

What do you have planned to help you on your journey?

What do you have planned to have some fun this weekend?


If it doesn't start raining we are going to get some plant for a bed dh planted last weekend. I am also going out to get some new yarn. I picked up some last week for a scarf and I hate the color it is turning into as I knit.

I am going to clean out the frig and go shopping to get things to make next week healthy.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Ds2 came home for the weekend and relax since he just finished exams last week. He is a grad student so he had a presentation last week and a take home test and then he had was grading some tests for the professor he works for. Ds1 and his gf came over for dinner last night but I don't expect to see them the rest of the weekend.

I visited with my parents on Wed. I took them to lunch with some relatives to celebrate their 59th wedding anniv. I gave her some cards, a flowers and a plant for their anniv and Mother's Day so I can stay home tomorrow.

Have a happy and healthy day
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #195
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Work is going pretty slow tonight, which is why I am able to get somewhat caught up on this thread!! My patients are all great, even the confused little old lady ( I have a soft spot for confused old people, probably cuz I will be one soon!! ) I do so much better on my diet when I work, I really need to work on getting better control on my weeks off!! Perhaps some meditation after my workouts to help me focus and get more centered.
In other news, I was able to get all my dining reservations made for our trip, even getting better times than what I had originally thought!! Now just hoping for some kind of a discount, either room or FD, to help with the $$.
Well back to work now, hope you all have a great day today!!
It does seem easier to stay on track at work -- more distractions and distance from the pantry perhaps. Sounds like your planning is coming along nicely!

Helen, mushy peas are definately something that looks better than it sounds. Sounds like you are really rocking the activity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
My worst time of the day is when I get home from teaching. I start to prepare dinner, but meanwhile it's constant snacking!! It's really bad. I know it is, yet I still do it. It's my biggest downfall.
Can you plan a couple of small snacks to help you get through that time? Our dinner time has moved up dramatically, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?
I was perfectly fine when I was in high school but I did not appreciate what I had especially when I moved back to So Cal where being ultra-super-slim was an obsession for the all girls.

Jill, you and Magdalene (who should be back from vacation any time) have inspired me to take on the 30DS -- I'm sure I will be glad I did it this last month before my cruise. Hang in there -- summer is coming, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
omg, i'm seriously afraid to be true and report the number i saw this morning. it was a dream...i can fluctuate so i know i must've been on the lower end of the flucatuation and so next week it maybe up a little ...but today i was


down 3 lbs!!!


i got to change my clippie!! i was only 1 lb away from that so i feel like thats real. maybe my growth hormone replacement is balancing my hormones out and my hard work is paying off!! with that said, last night hubby called and we had impromptu dinner out and i had two beers. so maybe some dehydration in my favor too. oh please oh please may this weight stay!!! and then down from there!

did we have one or two losers make it to ONDERLAND! cyber high five!!! woot! woot!!

QOTD -- i was a little fluffy in high school; my 9-10th grade years i just thought i was b/c i didn't exercise and so though my weight was like 125 i was not a 'skinny' girl. my jr and sr year I had a steady BF and we like to go out to eat on the weekends, drink beer (shhh!) and i gained weight and got up to 155 which is too much for my height. I had to buy size 14 jeans for my senior pictures! i was pretty upset over that. so my mom and I did the Rotation Diet, a three week calorie restriction diet and i lost it all. so by graduation i was at a better weight, not think like today's HS girls.
Molli on a great loss this week! You are off to a great start!

LOL I drank beer in high school, too. I think one of the things I miss the most was the metabolism that we had then, it was so much easier to lose weight then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I don't really remember that far back. In comparison to most of my friends I was a little bit bigger and never felt comfortable in my own skin (like most HS girls). I do remember in 7th grade I went from 89 to 113 pounds in one year! That was completely due to going to a very small Catholic school that didn't really have a kitchen. We were served processed, pre-packaged, sodium and fat filled food every day. To this day I feel nauseous whenever I see those pre-packaged burgers in 7-11.

I am happy to report I'm actually down 1.4 this week! Thanks in part to the QOTD the other day about setting a 24 hour goal. I've been keeping that in mind every day since then and paying closer attention to my points intake daily. I pack for the big trip this weekend and can't wait to include the clothes I never thought I'd fit into again! Can't believe it's only a week away!
Congratulations on your loss, Kim! You'll be looking good on those Italian beaches.

BRB I can tell by the number of smilies I am sure to get in trouble soon.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.