Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #166
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Well Happy Hump Day everyone , here is your Wednesday QotD:

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future - Do you have a more challenging time of the day as far as eating goes and what have you/can you do to make it easier?

I'll be back at lunchtime to check in with you all and answer this myself..
Great question!! For me it's definitely at night. I'm usually starving after working out so I always end up overdoing it on points for dinner. On the good side though, since the tiki hut is done and we're spending most nights eating at the bar and relaxing watching TV outside, I don't feel the need to munch so much. We live on a 60 acre lake and last night it was SO peaceful (except for a bunch of, shall we say, amorous ducks! ). We kept muting the TV so we could just take it all in, including a HUGE bald eagle hitting the fish! We have a new litter of 4 baby ducks so I was ready to scare him off if he went for them. (Sorry, took a little trip into tangent land!) Anyway, being so caught up in the peacefulness of it all, I completely forgot I was still hungry! Now if I could just remember to forget more often...Lol!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #167
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Glad your feeling better enough to set your goal.. and wow a half!!! You will do great I know.
Thanks! This will be number 5 in two years and the third time I've done this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey just a quick note to say I'm still here--I've been reading on my phone on lunches anyway.
Jilbur-- was wondering how it was going with the mama cat? I think the best thing would be to try and trap the kittens if the dog will harm them. Deli chicken and tuna in oil are the best to lure cats into traps.

Going to go hike Spencer's Butte today. It's much more challenging than Skinner's and it's been really nice here. Worked out in full last night so I need to give those muscles a rest. Also my work is on the way and I forgot to get my prescription yesterday so I'm 3 days behind on birth control lol. Going to try out my new Tom Tom because I've never been there. Strange--I know a lot of people who have.
Just thought I'd share-- those of you who have seasonal allergies and your eyes are not doing well--I got really bad and did some reading on line and put all of my eye makeup away for the rest of the season and bought all new Almay products. It is all hypoallergenic and I'm doing 90% better. The only thing rated better is Clinique and that's super expensive. Also the mascara I got(it's a white bottle with a gold top) is some of the best I've ever had. I also got eye drops with tetrahydrozoline in them--just a cheap walmart brand and these helped more than 2 other allergy eye drops I had. Just sharing because I know you are all out there running and walking and other such activities now.
Susan, hope you enjoyed your hike! Thanks for the tips on the allergies. I hate to complain about hot weather but it has made it things very challenging this spring for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I love Disney planning too...except when I am too busy and it adds stress to my life! I honestly haven't had 30 minutes to sit at the home computer to get the rental car and ticket purchase done!! I need a day off!!

Kids are off to special, math worksheets are corrected, and my day is nearly done! I will head straight home after school because both of MY kids have to be after until 4:30 pm. Hoping to be home by 3:20, pull on the exercise gear and get in my 30 (maybe even 40) minutes before I dash back to get my kids at the HS. Then home for dinner and to get the clothes off the line and out again about 5:30 so we have time to stop at Target before heading to the pool. I will head to Costco while she swims to grab fruit and veggies and maybe some meat and cheese. Hopefully home for the night by 8:30pm. It might be nice if I have some computer time tonight to get a rental car secured! And order my tickets from Undercover Tourist! SO MUCH TO DO!.....P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, as it's already 8:00pm here, I guess I missed my opportunity for QOTD, but I'll do it tomorrow instead......my 'thing' will be to walk to slimming class and get below 16:18 average min/mile as that's my best so far.

Don't want to do walk/run tomorrow as I'm still aching from yesterday and have booked myself in for a Zumba class on Thursday evening......can't believe I'm even writing that!!!

Food today was good, just had dinner which was home made oven 'fries', mushy peas and white fish (think it was pollock) with lemon and black pepper. I don't do fish very often, but I did enjoy it.

Found out today that the presentation I'm giving at a conference next week is going to be filmed and circulated on the internet. They didn't tell me that when I volunteered!! Wondering what to wear now!!!
Sounds like a good reason to buy some new work clothes to me.

You should take a rest day between your run/walk. Galloway's program actually just has three run/walk workouts a week and then you do cross training. As things progress you will really need at least one day where you rest -- you actually make progress as your body repairs itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! I'm on day three of a 30 minute daily walk routine. It isn't much-but it's thirty minutes I'm not in the couch. Now if I could just curb the snacking!!

I did have Subway for lunch-the best part is it was without the chocolate chip cookie! So-pretty good there.

How do the rest of you stay committed without getting discouraged? I feel like I have so far to go!
It does get discouraging sometimes when you look at the big picture. When those times come try concentrating on your monthly, or even your daily goal. Sometimes I need to remind myself that giving up didn't work too well for me. Pamela's suggestion of planned treats was good one. You need to make this work for you. You're walking and you made great choices at Subway -- remember it's not perfection that is what is needed but persistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Had an ok day today.
It was a good day because I could not finish my meatball grinder. It was a bad day because I ate a meatball grinder.
I will be soooo happy when Track and Bowling are over!!!

It was also kind of a good day because I was cold at DS16's track meet so I asked for his long sleeve shirt. It's a medium fitted Tech shirt, and it fit!! It was a little snug but not uncomfortable. That was a nice bonus to the day!

A little late but Quote of the Day:
The only one who can beat me, is me. And I'm pretty sure I can take her.
Great quote, Buffy! I have to confess that I, too, feel like there are days when it is questionable if I can take her or not.

on the medium tech shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Hello everyone!!! I had quite an eventful weekend!! We headed up to Canada and I quickly learned why they notify you to turn off your roaming data. I figured it wouldnt be much and my friend had just got engaged so I was all over facebook and posting about the tournament with the dogs....... and then then follow up text from Verizon came stating I had already racked up $50 in roaming charges!!! This was quickly followed by another text stating that my daughters phone had also racked up $50 as well!! So we turned off the phones and went cell-free the rest of the weekend until we got home late last night!! It was actually a nice change and we ended up talking a lot and had a blast.

Lesson learned Verizon!!!!

I missed everything over the weekend so I will try and catch up tonight. On the plus side I didn't do too bad on the diet front and I worked my butt off running at the tournament!! However Puck was the real rock star and earned his first series of 3 titles and achieved Champion status!! We had a great time and they invited us to join them for the next tournament in June!!

Excited to be part of the team and I am getting more encouraged to stay on track and get the weight off that crept back on in April. The weather has been amazing as well, which only encourages me to start back up on my arm workouts since I am now flopping around in my sleeveless tops, but can't stand wearing sleeves when its 80+ degrees outside!

Feeling great about the direction of my life now and encouraged to make the changes needed.
Sounds like a great week-end and that you are in a great place now. Enjoy!

BRB I need more smilies for the One-derland celebration for Helen.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #168
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future - Do you have a more challenging time of the day as far as eating goes and what have you/can you do to make it easier?

The hardest time in the day for me is the witching hours between when I come home and when we have dinner. I do save some extra points so I can have a snack. Also I make sure I have my dinner points already entered so things keep in hand. This seems to be working for me. Rather than fighting something that is pretty much ingrained in me, I make it work for me and take the stress out of it. I still have to be vigilant.

Quote:
Lindaland....OUCH! at those roaming charges. Happened to me once in Europe...never again!!

Well, I got all excited this morning, got weighed thinking it was a week since we started, so weigh-in due today...but no!!! on checking, I discover that we are weighing on Friday..........

......Well I'm sorry, but I need to celebrate.....

I reached Onederland!!
Congratulations on reaching Onederland! :jumping: That is a great accomplishment!

Quote:
Definitely evenings!! Sometimes I have more Points/calories between 6pm and 10 pm than I did for lunch AND dinner! I know as long as I have the points coming to me that it isn't a HUGE deal, but I KNOW I shouldn't be eating so much so late in the day! I know that there is some science behind my evening cravings (brain is tired, looking for a boost in blood sugar, etc), and that has helped me work around it a bit. I just need to remind myself that I'm probably NOT really hungry and I need SLEEP more than I need FOOD!

I need to not "save" so many points for later in the day too. If I don't have them to use, generally speaking I won't eat them!

Happy Wednesday everyone! BONUS DAY for me! School called at 6:10 am and decided that they did NOT need me today!! While I was looking forward to a nice paycheck, I SO need this time at home!! I have SO MUCH to do here.... the list is truly endless.

Tonight's dinner is the broccoli cheddar soup that is posted on the WISH recipe thread that BAMB and Lisa both provided a link for earlier this week. DD and DS have been both asking for it and it seems that I overbought broccoli recently and the fridge is overrun with it! That being said, the one thing I do NOT have on hand is the reduced fat cheddar. I will probably make it with regular cheese and just have to take the hit for the extra calories.

Well.... I gave myself until 9:00 am to be pokey here on the computer.... but now it is time to get moving. What's on the list for today you ask?? Well.... exercise should be a priority, but I think I'm going to intersperse short workout bursts with my housework and yard work today so that it doesn't feel like I am "wasting" a whole hour on exercise (yes, I know it is not a waste, but when I am this busy it is hard to dedicate the time).

Main goals for today are to

l. Finish edging, weeding, and mulching the long flowerbed next to the driveway.

2. Pick up the clothes in DD's room.

3. Completely one full laundry cycle/one load.

4. Fold the basket of clean laundry from yesterday.

5. Make the soup for dinner.

6. Get in at least one hour's worth of exercise (even if it is done in 5 minute segments).

7. Edge and weed the flowerbeds on the north side of the house (DH already threw some mulch in there but he never weeded or edged!! ).

8. Make a sympathy card for my aunt, write in it and actually get it in today's mail!

9. Make all 3 beds.

10. Give each of the downstairs room a 5-10 minute pick-up.

I think that should be enough to keep me busy!

I'll pop on again at lunch to see how everyone is doing...................P
Pamela, that is one heck of a list you have there! Good luck getting everthing done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Great question!! For me it's definitely at night. I'm usually starving after working out so I always end up overdoing it on points for dinner. On the good side though, since the tiki hut is done and we're spending most nights eating at the bar and relaxing watching TV outside, I don't feel the need to munch so much. We live on a 60 acre lake and last night it was SO peaceful (except for a bunch of, shall we say, amorous ducks! ). We kept muting the TV so we could just take it all in, including a HUGE bald eagle hitting the fish! We have a new litter of 4 baby ducks so I was ready to scare him off if he went for them. (Sorry, took a little trip into tangent land!) Anyway, being so caught up in the peacefulness of it all, I completely forgot I was still hungry! Now if I could just remember to forget more often...Lol!
Sounds very peaceful, Kimberly. Well, except for the circle of life stuff. You are in single digits for your trip!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #169
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

ETA: Feel free to skip this post.... it is mostly me rambling along to myself so that I feel like I accomplished something! LOL

Quote:
Main goals for today are to

l. Finish edging, weeding, and mulching the long flowerbed next to the driveway.

2. Pick up the clothes in DD's room.

3. Completely one full laundry cycle/one load.

4. Fold the basket of clean laundry from yesterday.

5. Make the soup for dinner.

6. Get in at least one hour's worth of exercise (even if it is done in 5 minute segments).

7. Edge and weed the flowerbeds on the north side of the house (DH already threw some mulch in there but he never weeded or edged!! ).

8. Make a sympathy card for my aunt, write in it and actually get it in today's mail!

9. Make all 3 beds.

10. Give each of the downstairs room a 5-10 minute pick-up.

I think that should be enough to keep me busy!

I'll pop on again at lunch to see how everyone is doing...................P
DONE WITH #10 plus I moved the sprinklers outside, watered the houseplants, and did the menu planning for the remainder of the week. Looks like it is going to rain any minute, so not sure if I will actually get outside. The black flies nearly carried me away when I went out to check the pool pump and move the sprinkler! Also, I forgot to hit start on the timer a few times, so a few rooms definitely got more than their 5 minute allottement, but already I can feel my stress level reducing! .................P

11:52 am ETA: Changing #3 to read "Making new batch of laundry detergent." I went to start the load and realized I was out of detergent and hadn't made a new batch yet. I wanted to try a new recipe for a "gel" detergent and it took a bit more time. It is "resting" now and I'll be anxious to see how it works! My old recipe for powdered detergent didn't seem to be dissolving lately and I've found soap "bits" on my dark clothes. Number 9 is done too!

1:16 pm ETA: Lunch eaten (salad, turkey and cheese roll up, berries).

#4.... finished!

#8 finished.....(When I have time to make cards, I usually keep a few extra "bits and pieces" (shapes, sentiments) in the drawer. I found a pretty mushroom I had made and a lovely sentiment I had printed.... and a card for them to go on! Added a few personal touches and it is in the mailbox awaiting the postman!)

#2.... well.. the clothes are off her floor. The stuff on hangers that was ready to go into summer storage is downstairs in the garment bags and the stuff that needs to be rehung/refolded, etc, will be done later..... so not completed, but half done.

I am on hold for #1 and #7 since it has continued to sprinkle off and on here. I don't mind getting a bit wet, but the dampness brings out the bugs BAD!! I will try again in a bit to see what I can get done. And I am starting the soup NOW!

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-08-2013 at 12:21 PM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #170
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Definitely evenings!! Sometimes I have more Points/calories between 6pm and 10 pm than I did for lunch AND dinner! I know as long as I have the points coming to me that it isn't a HUGE deal, but I KNOW I shouldn't be eating so much so late in the day! I know that there is some science behind my evening cravings (brain is tired, looking for a boost in blood sugar, etc), and that has helped me work around it a bit. I just need to remind myself that I'm probably NOT really hungry and I need SLEEP more than I need FOOD!

I need to not "save" so many points for later in the day too. If I don't have them to use, generally speaking I won't eat them!

P
Yes try to use more during lunch/dinner then maybe you won't be hungry during your witching hours ..

Quote:
Awww cute little ducklings! it's nice that you have a "spa" area to go and it keeps your mind off it if your a bit hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
The hardest time in the day for me is the witching hours between when I come home and when we have dinner. I do save some extra points so I can have a snack. Also I make sure I have my dinner points already entered so things keep in hand. This seems to be working for me. Rather than fighting something that is pretty much ingrained in me, I make it work for me and take the stress out of it. I still have to be vigilant.

Have a great day all!
I agree for me it's the that same time and it doesn't help that hubs comes right in opens our snack cupboard and eats some chips or cookies!! I do my best to just not be in the kitchen till I have to cook dinner then I eat a few celery sticks if I have to have something.. being vigilant is great!!

Quote:
ETA: Feel free to skip this post.... it is mostly me rambling along to myself so that I feel like I accomplished something! LOL

DONE WITH #10 plus I moved the sprinklers outside, watered the houseplants, and did the menu planning for the remainder of the week. Looks like it is going to rain any minute, so not sure if I will actually get outside. The black flies nearly carried me away when I went out to check the pool pump and move the sprinkler! Also, I forgot to hit start on the timer a few times, so a few rooms definitely got more than their 5 minute allottement, but already I can feel my stress level reducing! .................P

11:52 am ETA: Changing #3 to read "Making new batch of laundry detergent." I went to start the load and realized I was out of detergent and hadn't made a new batch yet. I wanted to try a new recipe for a "gel" detergent and it took a bit more time. It is "resting" now and I'll be anxious to see how it works! My old recipe for powdered detergent didn't seem to be dissolving lately and I've found soap "bits" on my dark clothes. Number 9 is too!
WOW you got some stuff crossed off the list already - you go girl!!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #171
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. Had a lovely long weekend in Chicago with DH - only our second kid-free vacation in almost 10 years and younger DS still whined that we don't take him anywhere! Um - excuse me - you are 6, have been on a plane dozens of times and are going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer???? Poor hard done by child!

So as expected it was a terrible weekend food wise for me - I just give myself free rein on vacaitons - so bad I know. I did hit the TM at the hotel gym 2 of the 3 mornings, and we walked EVERYWHERE, but even with that I gained back 2 pounds. Will just make hitting May's goal harder. AND makes me very worried about how much I will gain on a 12 night DCL cruise followed by Paris

For today's QOTD - on work days, mid afternoon is bad for me. I bring celery and carrots from home, but I could totally scarf down some sugary food to help me stay awake. Evenings used to be bad for me too, but I find i can drink enough water to stave off the worst of the cravings - I love crushed ice and as bad as it is for my teeth the act of chewing and crunching it makes me feel better about not having anthing to eat.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013

Last edited by canadakath; 05-08-2013 at 02:30 PM.
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #172
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

So, yesterdays QOTD, I set myself a target of lowering my min/mile average when walking......well, I got home from work and fell asleep!!! So, when I woke up, I had to rush to get to class, I walked really fast (for me - I only have little legs!!) and did 2.12 miles in just over 32 m ins. Average now down to 15:13 min/mile...SUCCESS

Todays QOTD, most difficult time of day...breakfast. I don't like breakfast, it's too early, but I have learned that if I don't have a healthy breakfast I will be craving junk by about 10:00 - 10:30.....so I have breakfast even though I really don't want it.

Off to bed now as I'm really tired and have an early start tomorrow...going to a new GP surgery to make sure all of their paperwork is in order before an inspection by the authorities.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #173
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Evening all!

Got most of my list done, but not all of it. I am still working on putting away some clothes. May I also add, my new laundry detergent recipe turned out perfectly! Hope it works well!

Dinner is ready to eat, so I'm gonna dash! I'm working tomorrow and probably will NOT have computer access, so don't count on hearing from me much tomorrow! TTYL.......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #174
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well late night is the worst-- when I'm watching tv. But also getting some kind of lunch in--I skip lunch All the time. I've actually started making it a habit to eat something in the middle of the day most days anyway, but only since I've been reading this board the last few years.

Quote:
Ha! Spring eh--twitterpated... Sounds really nice though. Was on the bike path last week and looked up to a hawk flying by with a snake in it's mouth. Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. Had a lovely long weekend in Chicago with DH - only our second kid-free vacation in almost 10 years and younger DS still whined that we don't take him anywhere! Um - excuse me - you are 6, have been on a plane dozens of times and are going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer???? Poor hard done by child!

So as expected it was a terrible weekend food wise for me - I just give myself free rein on vacaitons - so bad I know. I did hit the TM at the hotel gym 2 of the 3 mornings, and we walked EVERYWHERE, but even with that I gained back 2 pounds. Will just make hitting May's goal harder. AND makes me very worried about how much I will gain on a 12 night DCL cruise followed by Paris

For today's QOTD - on work days, mid afternoon is bad for me. I bring celery and carrots from home, but I could totally scarf down some sugary food to help me stay awake. Evenings used to be bad for me too, but I find i can drink enough water to stave off the worst of the cravings - I love crushed ice and as bad as it is for my teeth the act of chewing and crunching it makes me feel better about not having anthing to eat.
Vacations always throw everyone off-- just know you can get back on the wagon easy.

The hike yesterday was beautiful but I really didn't find it challengingpp I need everest these days I guess. I did download a bunch of new black eyed peas and pitbull (new to me) which always makes the elliptical more fun. Don't get me wrong the trail was excruciatingly gorgeous and I got to listed to Dr. Wayne Dyer so it was great.
Was checking my online calendar and ran to grocery outlet because the 20% off wine sale started today. (lol) Found a bunch of Almay really cheap there--blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, even concealer. Gave my daughter the makeup I had been using since she still hasn't got her stuff back from her apartment-- she walked out with just her purse. I loaded her up on bathroom stuff, food, and clothes last night. She's staying with a woman I've known for years as a customer at my store and watching her kids for rent.
TTFN.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #175
lisah0711
her Disney office

Here is something from WW that goes with what we were talking about earlier this week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post

If you flew for your trip those 2 pounds could have just been travel water weight so don't despair. Luckily vacation weight comes off quicker when you get on it right away, too. There is going to be some yummy stuff to try in Europe so we might as well enjoy!

Quote:
So, yesterdays QOTD, I set myself a target of lowering my min/mile average when walking......well, I got home from work and fell asleep!!! So, when I woke up, I had to rush to get to class, I walked really fast (for me - I only have little legs!!) and did 2.12 miles in just over 32 m ins. Average now down to 15:13 min/mile...SUCCESS

Todays QOTD, most difficult time of day...breakfast. I don't like breakfast, it's too early, but I have learned that if I don't have a healthy breakfast I will be craving junk by about 10:00 - 10:30.....so I have breakfast even though I really don't want it.

Off to bed now as I'm really tired and have an early start tomorrow...going to a new GP surgery to make sure all of their paperwork is in order before an inspection by the authorities.
Nice job on increasing your speed! Be sure and give your body a rest in between runs and don't try to increase too much too quickly to avoid injuries.

Quote:
Evening all!

Got most of my list done, but not all of it. I am still working on putting away some clothes. May I also add, my new laundry detergent recipe turned out perfectly! Hope it works well!

Dinner is ready to eat, so I'm gonna dash! I'm working tomorrow and probably will NOT have computer access, so don't count on hearing from me much tomorrow! TTYL.......................P
Sounds like a very productive day, Pamela!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Well late night is the worst-- when I'm watching tv. But also getting some kind of lunch in--I skip lunch All the time. I've actually started making it a habit to eat something in the middle of the day most days anyway, but only since I've been reading this board the last few years.

Ha! Spring eh--twitterpated... Sounds really nice though. Was on the bike path last week and looked up to a hawk flying by with a snake in it's mouth. Cool.

Vacations always throw everyone off-- just know you can get back on the wagon easy.

The hike yesterday was beautiful but I really didn't find it challengingpp I need everest these days I guess. I did download a bunch of new black eyed peas and pitbull (new to me) which always makes the elliptical more fun. Don't get me wrong the trail was excruciatingly gorgeous and I got to listed to Dr. Wayne Dyer so it was great.
Was checking my online calendar and ran to grocery outlet because the 20% off wine sale started today. (lol) Found a bunch of Almay really cheap there--blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, even concealer. Gave my daughter the makeup I had been using since she still hasn't got her stuff back from her apartment-- she walked out with just her purse. I loaded her up on bathroom stuff, food, and clothes last night. She's staying with a woman I've known for years as a customer at my store and watching her kids for rent.
TTFN.
Susan, sounds like a great hike! I'm glad that your DD is in a better situation now.

Have a great day and remember first weigh in is tomorrow so make good choices!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #176
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I got all excited this morning, got weighed thinking it was a week since we started, so weigh-in due today...but no!!! on checking, I discover that we are weighing on Friday..........

......Well I'm sorry, but I need to celebrate.....

I reached Onederland!!
Woo Hoo!!! Happy Onederland!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! I'm on day three of a 30 minute daily walk routine. It isn't much-but it's thirty minutes I'm not in the couch. Now if I could just curb the snacking!!

I did have Subway for lunch-the best part is it was without the chocolate chip cookie! So-pretty good there.

How do the rest of you stay committed without getting discouraged? I feel like I have so far to go!
Sometimes not having the cookie IS the hardest part!! Great job on avoiding the cookie. As for staying commited, I have to recommit to my new lifestyle every time I pass the candy box at work! lol Nurses do love their chocolate!! And your totally right, doing something is always better than doing nothing when it comes to working out!

Quote:
On the good side though, since the tiki hut is done and we're spending most nights eating at the bar and relaxing watching TV outside, I don't feel the need to munch so much. We live on a 60 acre lake and last night it was SO peaceful (except for a bunch of, shall we say, amorous ducks! ). We kept muting the TV so we could just take it all in, including a HUGE bald eagle hitting the fish! We have a new litter of 4 baby ducks so I was ready to scare him off if he went for them. (Sorry, took a little trip into tangent land!) Anyway, being so caught up in the peacefulness of it all, I completely forgot I was still hungry! Now if I could just remember to forget more often...Lol!
It sounds fantastic at the Tiki Hut!!! Love listening to nature, we used to live by a salmon spawning stream and would sit and watch the bald eagles swoop down and get the salmon. They are truly amazing to watch, and they are huge!!! You never notice how big they are untill you see them close up.

Quote:
I love Disney planning too...except when I am too busy and it adds stress to my life! I honestly haven't had 30 minutes to sit at the home computer to get the rental car and ticket purchase done!! I need a day off!!...P
Sounds like you and DD will have a great trip!!

Quote:
Food today was good, just had dinner which was home made oven 'fries', mushy peas and white fish (think it was pollock) with lemon and black pepper. I don't do fish very often, but I did enjoy it.

Found out today that the presentation I'm giving at a conference next week is going to be filmed and circulated on the internet. They didn't tell me that when I volunteered!! Wondering what to wear now!!!
Dinner sounds yummy!! Except for the "mushy peas" just what are those anyway?? Also a big congrats on the presentation!! Looks like a spiffy new outfit will be in your near future!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Had an ok day today.
It was a good day because I could not finish my meatball grinder. It was a bad day because I ate a meatball grinder.

Just goes to show that there is good & bad in everything we do. The real trick is to balance it all out!!

It was also kind of a good day because I was cold at DS16's track meet so I asked for his long sleeve shirt. It's a medium fitted Tech shirt, and it fit!! It was a little snug but not uncomfortable. That was a nice bonus to the day!

Love those little victories!!! Makes you feel great and really encourages you to keep on track!

A little late but Quote of the Day:
The only one who can beat me, is me. And I'm pretty sure I can take her.
Great quote, although sometimes she can be pretty tough, especially on me! lol

Quote:

The best laid plans right? Although seriously, great job on improving your walking time!!! You're doing fantastic!!

Quote:

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future - Do you have a more challenging time of the day as far as eating goes and what have you/can you do to make it easier? I'll be back at lunchtime to check in with you all and answer this myself..
My worst time of day is in the evening. Hands down it is the hardest part of the day for my snacking urges. I think its pretty much "bored eating". Also if I have carbs in the evening, I am a freaking maniac with the snacks!! So my way of handling it is to limit my carbs at dinner & then get a drink of iced water first. Also I have premeasured snacks available to munch on if I get really bad cravings. Another thing I try is to just go to bed early!! I never feel like I get enough sleep anyway, so going to bed early is kind of like a treat!

=======================

Work is going pretty slow tonight, which is why I am able to get somewhat caught up on this thread!! My patients are all great, even the confused little old lady ( I have a soft spot for confused old people, probably cuz I will be one soon!! ) I do so much better on my diet when I work, I really need to work on getting better control on my weeks off!! Perhaps some meditation after my workouts to help me focus and get more centered.
In other news, I was able to get all my dining reservations made for our trip, even getting better times than what I had originally thought!! Now just hoping for some kind of a discount, either room or FD, to help with the $$.
Well back to work now, hope you all have a great day today!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #177
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

good morning everyone! is it really thursday already!?!

my apologies for not being more active in our thread this week...i have good intentions and try to keep up by reading on my phone. but i'd rather type my replies on my keyboard and so i fall behind.

i guess my excuse is one that i'm very thankful for it seems since starting my growth hormone replacement my energy has improved signficantly and i'm finding myself putzing around the house getting some things done! it's a bit overwhelming...being sick for 3 years has taken a toll on how I like to keep my house, and things like spring cleaning type clean hasn't happened. i do have someone cleaning my house bi-weekly but by summer i hope to have her come monthly to do bathrooms/kitchen only. the housework is good therapy and activity for me...i'm just not ready to take it all on yet. so i'm starting my to-do list and i'll pace myself and hopefully get some of the deep cleaning done!

i didn't see today's QOTD yet so i'll answer yesterdays...late afternoon is the hardest time for me. i find myself sleepy, then my daughter comes home from school and gets a snack and it was easy to join her. I usually eat a good lunch, so it's not that...it's that we eat dinner late so i'm ready for dinnner about an hour and half before hubby gets home. and honestly lately he's not even getting home then. so sometimes DD and I eat early, but then i feel guilty as we aren't having family dinners. ahhhh the mom-guilt cycles

to all who have stayed on track with their workouts this week! i'm not feeling it, but i will go to the gym this morning, so i can achieve 4 workouts this week. still not the 5 that are my goal..but tuesday was wiped out as i had a "Addison's day" we call it. a day when the disease takes over ...but i'm thankful those are getting fewer and far between

i can't believe it's time to WI already again!!! ack!!! i'm hopeful but i don't want to be disappointed either!! i'm really hoping for a 1.5 lb loss...

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #178
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

So, had a rest day from exercise today....had to cancel Zumba class to attend a union meeting with some members who have problems. Enjoyed the rest TBH!!!

Food-wise, I did not plan properly for today but have managed to stay on track. Dinner ended up being a strange mix of stuff that was left in the fridge, but I quite enjoyed it.

And for those doubters out there........yes, we really do eat 'mushy' peas......especially with fish and chips.

Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #179
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My worst time of the day is when I get home from teaching. I start to prepare dinner, but meanwhile it's constant snacking!! It's really bad. I know it is, yet I still do it. It's my biggest downfall.
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #180
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good evening everyone. My kids took their AP exam on Wed so 4 out of my 5 classes are pretty much done for the rest of the year. Now I just have to keep them busy for the next 5 weeks.

I don't think any has volunteered for coaching this week so I will post Friday's question. I can't get on in the morning so I can do Friday's tonight.

Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?

I was a lot lighter in high school but not as thin as when I finished college but I thought I was much too heavy in high school. What I would give to be that weight again.

Don't forget to send me your weigh in this weekend so I can update the front page.

HAve a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks

Last edited by donac; 05-10-2013 at 04:11 AM.
donac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: