Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #151
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Jill - nice job on completing 30DS!

Oh I like this one! I'm going to shoot for staying within my WW points range today. I always seem to go over by a few. That 26 always seems to show up way too early in the day!
Great Goal for the day - You can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Okay..... another time for "true confessions". My alarm was set and I had my exercise clothes laid out, but I did NOT get up for my walk/run this morning. so my goal for today is at LEAST 30 minutes of exercise before I hit the pillow tonight! I know DD is going to part of tonight's swim practice after her AP Bio study session today, but I MUST get some groceries during that time. So it may mean a late night appointment with the TM or something like that in order to fit the exercise into my day.

Happy Tuesday all! Here in the 1st grade again today. The class isn't too bad, so I wasn't dreading the day.

DD and I are on day #2 of extreme low carb and struggling already! Breakfast was okay.... we had rhubarb greek yogurt (homemade sugar-free rhubarb sauce... sweetened with stevia). Lunch is salads.... DD brought some full-fat cheddar for her protein, I brought turkey and light string cheese. DD doesn't eat any kind of lunch meat (which is usually okay with me since I generally think that it isn't that healthy), and it means I need to plan ahead and have other things ready.... but for now those other things cannot be pasta, rice, potatoes, couscous, or pre-sweetened yogurt. We both have an apple and some nuts in our lunches today. I am not worrying too much about the apple carbs, but want to limit it to just one apple a day. So tonight I MUST buy some berries! I bought a large quantity on Friday, but they were gone by lunch yesterday. Plus we are now out of greek yogurt, getting low on eggs, almost out of 100 cal pack almonds....

DD prefers to avoid all artificial sweeteners (which I think is GREAT!!) so this gets pretty tough on her... no chocolate milk, no cocoa, no coffee or tea (she doesn't like it black). Plus she doesn't like the low carb bread products I buy (not sure why.... I think they are delicious). Her stand-by low carb foods are hardboiled eggs and omelets, homemade chicken salad and/or grilled chicken or pork, cheese, nuts, and occasionally celery with natural peanut butter, salads, berries, and veggies.

Any other low carb suggestions (keeping in mind that she does not eat ANY seafood of any sort)???

Hopefully in another day or two her carb cravings will start subsiding. She was kind of grumpy this morning so I was kind of surprised that she even stuck with the low carb menu for the day. But I'm proud of her for sticking strong with it!!

Okay.... enough rambling on here! I'll pop on again when the kiddos head to recess about 11 am!....................P
You can fit it in I sure you hope you don't have to stay up too much later to reach your goal!

Great job on doing low carb to your DD - I am going to try and get my DD to start watching what she is eating when she is at my house.. we will be starting a walking program so that will help her (and me) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Morning all!!! Wow reading how super busy you guys are makes me exhausted, lol!

Today is Tuesday and another day to eat right, exercise, and get things done. It is going to be a great here. Sending successful thoughts out to all of you!!!!
Yeah what a great attitude to have today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
What a great day you had and congrats on your 1000th post!

Don't be afraid to play around with all sorts of run/walk intervals. Galloway says you should walk before you get tired. It helps you to keep your speed. For example, instead of a one minute/one minute you can do 30 seconds/30 seconds. I do a 12 second run/24 second walk right now and it works great for me. It takes awhile to figure out which one will work for you.

Sounds like a very productive day, Pamela!

Congratulations on finishing the 30 day shred, Jill!

I will run/walk 2 miles -- I haven't run in 2 weeks since I've been sick. My half is not going to run itself Memorial Day week-end. Luckily it is local.

Excellent plan, Kim! I think I will try this for Wednesday since it is the day before my weigh in.

Congrats on signing up for the W&D again!
Glad your feeling better enough to set your goal.. and wow a half!!! You will do great I know..

Quote:
Thanks for the good thoughts! Yup, another GREAT DAY of eating right and exercise for all of us, right??!

Okay friends.... kids are off to recess and I have a few minutes to chat before lunch. Prayers that the afternoon goes a bit smoother. So far this morning we've had a tantrum, tears, and other such fun! Also.... I have the asst. principal's DD in this class and she is a bit of a pill!! She went to the nurse's office 4 times yesterday with random complaints of not feeling well, feeling hot, etc. Today started with an immediate request for a band-aid and then another mention of something hurting. I nipped it in the bud and told her she had used up her allottment of nurse visits for the week! JK.... I'd never keep a kid that was truly sick, but obviously she LOVES to visit the nurse!

Need to order our Disney tickets today or we may not have them in time for our trip! I also haven't book a rental car or changed our hotel reservations! Sounds like I have a lot to do this week!

Off to check a few things before lunch.............P
OOOh 1st graders.. Sounds like she does like the nurse very much.. LOL..
Yay a few Disney things to work on - that is always fun, I just love the planning!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #152
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Hey just a quick note to say I'm still here--I've been reading on my phone on lunches anyway.
Jilbur-- was wondering how it was going with the mama cat? I think the best thing would be to try and trap the kittens if the dog will harm them. Deli chicken and tuna in oil are the best to lure cats into traps.

Going to go hike Spencer's Butte today. It's much more challenging than Skinner's and it's been really nice here. Worked out in full last night so I need to give those muscles a rest. Also my work is on the way and I forgot to get my prescription yesterday so I'm 3 days behind on birth control lol. Going to try out my new Tom Tom because I've never been there. Strange--I know a lot of people who have.
Just thought I'd share-- those of you who have seasonal allergies and your eyes are not doing well--I got really bad and did some reading on line and put all of my eye makeup away for the rest of the season and bought all new Almay products. It is all hypoallergenic and I'm doing 90% better. The only thing rated better is Clinique and that's super expensive. Also the mascara I got(it's a white bottle with a gold top) is some of the best I've ever had. I also got eye drops with tetrahydrozoline in them--just a cheap walmart brand and these helped more than 2 other allergy eye drops I had. Just sharing because I know you are all out there running and walking and other such activities now.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #153
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
You can fit it in I sure you hope you don't have to stay up too much later to reach your goal!

I am NOT a night person, who exercising past 8pm is a struggle for me... so you can be SURE I will try hard to fit it in before that!! I'm super mad at myself for hitting the snooze this morning!

Great job on doing low carb to your DD - I am going to try and get my DD to start watching what she is eating when she is at my house.. we will be starting a walking program so that will help her (and me) as well.

I don't love the low carb lifestyle, but I find that I have been at this for SO LONG that it really takes something drastic to get the weight off this close to goal. DD doesn't love it either, but she also doesn't love the idea of being hungry, so this is her compromise. She finds she is too hungry on WW (although honestly, she has never given it much of a chance).

OOOh 1st graders.. Sounds like she does like the nurse very much.. LOL..
Yay a few Disney things to work on - that is always fun, I just love the planning!
I love Disney planning too...except when I am too busy and it adds stress to my life! I honestly haven't had 30 minutes to sit at the home computer to get the rental car and ticket purchase done!! I need a day off!!

Kids are off to special, math worksheets are corrected, and my day is nearly done! I will head straight home after school because both of MY kids have to be after until 4:30 pm. Hoping to be home by 3:20, pull on the exercise gear and get in my 30 (maybe even 40) minutes before I dash back to get my kids at the HS. Then home for dinner and to get the clothes off the line and out again about 5:30 so we have time to stop at Target before heading to the pool. I will head to Costco while she swims to grab fruit and veggies and maybe some meat and cheese. Hopefully home for the night by 8:30pm. It might be nice if I have some computer time tonight to get a rental car secured! And order my tickets from Undercover Tourist! SO MUCH TO DO!.....P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #154
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey just a quick note to say I'm still here--I've been reading on my phone on lunches anyway.

So glad you haven't disappeared!!

Jilbur-- was wondering how it was going with the mama cat? I think the best thing would be to try and trap the kittens if the dog will harm them. Deli chicken and tuna in oil are the best to lure cats into traps.

Except for MY cat who really only loves cat food!!

Going to go hike Spencer's Butte today. It's much more challenging than Skinner's and it's been really nice here. Worked out in full last night so I need to give those muscles a rest. Also my work is on the way and I forgot to get my prescription yesterday so I'm 3 days behind on birth control lol. Going to try out my new Tom Tom because I've never been there. Strange--I know a lot of people who have.

Sounds lovely!J

ust thought I'd share-- those of you who have seasonal allergies and your eyes are not doing well--I got really bad and did some reading on line and put all of my eye makeup away for the rest of the season and bought all new Almay products. It is all hypoallergenic and I'm doing 90% better. The only thing rated better is Clinique and that's super expensive. Also the mascara I got(it's a white bottle with a gold top) is some of the best I've ever had. I also got eye drops with tetrahydrozoline in them--just a cheap walmart brand and these helped more than 2 other allergy eye drops I had. Just sharing because I know you are all out there running and walking and other such activities now.
Great suggestions! Thanks for sharing!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #155
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Well, as it's already 8:00pm here, I guess I missed my opportunity for QOTD, but I'll do it tomorrow instead......my 'thing' will be to walk to slimming class and get below 16:18 average min/mile as that's my best so far.

Don't want to do walk/run tomorrow as I'm still aching from yesterday and have booked myself in for a Zumba class on Thursday evening......can't believe I'm even writing that!!!

Food today was good, just had dinner which was home made oven 'fries', mushy peas and white fish (think it was pollock) with lemon and black pepper. I don't do fish very often, but I did enjoy it.

Found out today that the presentation I'm giving at a conference next week is going to be filmed and circulated on the internet. They didn't tell me that when I volunteered!! Wondering what to wear now!!!

Last edited by Eliza32; 05-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #156
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! I'm on day three of a 30 minute daily walk routine. It isn't much-but it's thirty minutes I'm not in the couch. Now if I could just curb the snacking!!

I did have Subway for lunch-the best part is it was without the chocolate chip cookie! So-pretty good there.

How do the rest of you stay committed without getting discouraged? I feel like I have so far to go!
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #157
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, as it's already 8:00pm here, I guess I missed my opportunity for QOTD, but I'll do it tomorrow instead......my 'thing' will be to walk to slimming class and get below 16:18 average min/mile as that's my best so far.

Don't want to do walk/run tomorrow as I'm still aching from yesterday and have booked myself in for a Zumba class on Thursday evening......can't believe I'm even writing that!!!

Food today was good, just had dinner which was home made oven 'fries', mushy peas and white fish (think it was pollock) with lemon and black pepper. I don't do fish very often, but I did enjoy it.

Found out today that the presentation I'm giving at a conference next week is going to be filmed and circulated on the internet. They didn't tell me that when I volunteered!! Wondering what to wear now!!!
Congratulations on the presentation kudos! That's a great honor!
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #158
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks so much for those links Lisa, it will give me something to think about....I really want to be able to run, hence the possible gym membership, I might find it easier to at least get my breathing right on a treadmill before I hit the pavement for real.
I have found that I run a lot faster outside which is bad because I get winded to fast.
Just remember that you should still be able to carry on a conversation while running. Not an easy one, but you should be able to talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
Do we talk recipes on this board? Just wondering if anyone knows of a good--light--homemade salad dressing??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We do have random conversations about recipes but we do have a recipe thread too. Here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #159
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Had an ok day today.
It was a good day because I could not finish my meatball grinder. It was a bad day because I ate a meatball grinder.
I will be soooo happy when Track and Bowling are over!!!

It was also kind of a good day because I was cold at DS16's track meet so I asked for his long sleeve shirt. It's a medium fitted Tech shirt, and it fit!! It was a little snug but not uncomfortable. That was a nice bonus to the day!

A little late but Quote of the Day:
The only one who can beat me, is me. And I'm pretty sure I can take her.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #160
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!!! I had quite an eventful weekend!! We headed up to Canada and I quickly learned why they notify you to turn off your roaming data. I figured it wouldnt be much and my friend had just got engaged so I was all over facebook and posting about the tournament with the dogs....... and then then follow up text from Verizon came stating I had already racked up $50 in roaming charges!!! This was quickly followed by another text stating that my daughters phone had also racked up $50 as well!! So we turned off the phones and went cell-free the rest of the weekend until we got home late last night!! It was actually a nice change and we ended up talking a lot and had a blast.

Lesson learned Verizon!!!!

I missed everything over the weekend so I will try and catch up tonight. On the plus side I didn't do too bad on the diet front and I worked my butt off running at the tournament!! However Puck was the real rock star and earned his first series of 3 titles and achieved Champion status!! We had a great time and they invited us to join them for the next tournament in June!!

Excited to be part of the team and I am getting more encouraged to stay on track and get the weight off that crept back on in April. The weather has been amazing as well, which only encourages me to start back up on my arm workouts since I am now flopping around in my sleeveless tops, but can't stand wearing sleeves when its 80+ degrees outside!

Feeling great about the direction of my life now and encouraged to make the changes needed.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #161
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Lindaland....OUCH! at those roaming charges. Happened to me once in Europe...never again!!

Well, I got all excited this morning, got weighed thinking it was a week since we started, so weigh-in due today...but no!!! on checking, I discover that we are weighing on Friday..........

......Well I'm sorry, but I need to celebrate.....

I reached Onederland!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #162
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Well Happy Hump Day everyone , here is your Wednesday QotD:

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future - Do you have a more challenging time of the day as far as eating goes and what have you/can you do to make it easier?

I'll be back at lunchtime to check in with you all and answer this myself..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #163
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Hope you enjoy Zumba! It really is fun.... I'm just too old and uncoordinated to give another try.

Is it really called "mushy peas"??

Good excuse to go SHOPPING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! I'm on day three of a 30 minute daily walk routine. It isn't much-but it's thirty minutes I'm not in the couch. Now if I could just curb the snacking!!

I did have Subway for lunch-the best part is it was without the chocolate chip cookie! So-pretty good there.

How do the rest of you stay committed without getting discouraged? I feel like I have so far to go!
You need to remember that this is a new lifestyle.... a lifelong journey into healthy eating, healthy weight, etc. Make little changes that don't feel terribly drastic and that you can stick with for the long term. Find something that feels/tastes decadent that you can look forward to at least once a week. The trick is to not feel DEPRIVED all the time!

Good job avoiding the cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I have found that I run a lot faster outside which is bad because I get winded to fast.
Just remember that you should still be able to carry on a conversation while running. Not an easy one, but you should be able to talk.

I've never been able to do that (talking while running). I think that is why I found consistent running such a struggle..... I just naturally run at a pretty fast pace (under 12 min/mile). I have trouble going slower than that unless I am on the TM.

We do have random conversations about recipes but we do have a recipe thread too. Here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512
Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Had an ok day today.
It was a good day because I could not finish my meatball grinder. It was a bad day because I ate a meatball grinder.

It was also kind of a good day because I was cold at DS16's track meet so I asked for his long sleeve shirt. It's a medium fitted Tech shirt, and it fit!! It was a little snug but not uncomfortable. That was a nice bonus to the day!

Sorry about the meatball grinder... was it at least tasty?? WOOHOO on wearing DS's shirt!

Some days I'm not so sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Hello everyone!!! I had quite an eventful weekend!! We headed up to Canada and I quickly learned why they notify you to turn off your roaming data. I figured it wouldnt be much and my friend had just got engaged so I was all over facebook and posting about the tournament with the dogs....... and then then follow up text from Verizon came stating I had already racked up $50 in roaming charges!!! This was quickly followed by another text stating that my daughters phone had also racked up $50 as well!! So we turned off the phones and went cell-free the rest of the weekend until we got home late last night!! It was actually a nice change and we ended up talking a lot and had a blast.

YIKES!!

I missed everything over the weekend so I will try and catch up tonight. On the plus side I didn't do too bad on the diet front and I worked my butt off running at the tournament!! However Puck was the real rock star and earned his first series of 3 titles and achieved Champion status!! We had a great time and they invited us to join them for the next tournament in June!!

Excited to be part of the team and I am getting more encouraged to stay on track and get the weight off that crept back on in April. The weather has been amazing as well, which only encourages me to start back up on my arm workouts since I am now flopping around in my sleeveless tops, but can't stand wearing sleeves when its 80+ degrees outside!

Feeling great about the direction of my life now and encouraged to make the changes needed.
WOW! What an exciting weekend for you and your pup!! Congratulations... and a great incentive to keep on with this healthy living!

Quote:
Lindaland....OUCH! at those roaming charges. Happened to me once in Europe...never again!!

Well, I got all excited this morning, got weighed thinking it was a week since we started, so weigh-in due today...but no!!! on checking, I discover that we are weighing on Friday..........

I reached Onederland!!
OH WOWOWWOWOW!!!! WONDERFUL, CONGRATULATIONS!! Keep up the good work!! You must be so happy!

BB in a minute to chat................P

Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #164
bigsis1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post

Just thought I'd share-- those of you who have seasonal allergies and your eyes are not doing well--I got really bad and did some reading on line and put all of my eye makeup away for the rest of the season and bought all new Almay products. It is all hypoallergenic and I'm doing 90% better. The only thing rated better is Clinique and that's super expensive. Also the mascara I got(it's a white bottle with a gold top) is some of the best I've ever had. I also got eye drops with tetrahydrozoline in them--just a cheap walmart brand and these helped more than 2 other allergy eye drops I had. Just sharing because I know you are all out there running and walking and other such activities now.
Hope you had a great hike and my DD swears by Almay even if it cost more!

Quote:
I love Disney planning too...except when I am too busy and it adds stress to my life! I honestly haven't had 30 minutes to sit at the home computer to get the rental car and ticket purchase done!! I need a day off!!

Kids are off to special, math worksheets are corrected, and my day is nearly done! I will head straight home after school because both of MY kids have to be after until 4:30 pm. Hoping to be home by 3:20, pull on the exercise gear and get in my 30 (maybe even 40) minutes before I dash back to get my kids at the HS. Then home for dinner and to get the clothes off the line and out again about 5:30 so we have time to stop at Target before heading to the pool. I will head to Costco while she swims to grab fruit and veggies and maybe some meat and cheese. Hopefully home for the night by 8:30pm. It might be nice if I have some computer time tonight to get a rental car secured! And order my tickets from Undercover Tourist! SO MUCH TO DO!.....P
Planning to me is just as fun as the trip it self! hope you got everything fit in that you wanted to!

Quote:

Wow - you'll do a great job on the presentation, I just know it.. And I hope you love Zumba - it's really fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post

Whooo no cookie and you've been sticking with your walking -- great job, I set lots of small goals, like not eating the cookie - or moving more - or just staying in my daily carb range.. it helps me stay focused and not feel overwhelmed..

Quote:
Had an ok day today.

LOVE this quote!!! TY for sharing it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post

EEEKS that is a big fee! But great that you disconnected and had a great weekend without technology!

Quote:

I reached Onederland!!
WHOOOOOOO YAY Congrats!!!!! Awesome Job !!

Homeowners = 8/18/2011
Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #165
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Well Happy Hump Day everyone , here is your Wednesday QotD:

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future - Do you have a more challenging time of the day as far as eating goes and what have you/can you do to make it easier?
Definitely evenings!! Sometimes I have more Points/calories between 6pm and 10 pm than I did for lunch AND dinner! I know as long as I have the points coming to me that it isn't a HUGE deal, but I KNOW I shouldn't be eating so much so late in the day! I know that there is some science behind my evening cravings (brain is tired, looking for a boost in blood sugar, etc), and that has helped me work around it a bit. I just need to remind myself that I'm probably NOT really hungry and I need SLEEP more than I need FOOD!

I need to not "save" so many points for later in the day too. If I don't have them to use, generally speaking I won't eat them!

Happy Wednesday everyone! BONUS DAY for me! School called at 6:10 am and decided that they did NOT need me today!! While I was looking forward to a nice paycheck, I SO need this time at home!! I have SO MUCH to do here.... the list is truly endless.

Tonight's dinner is the broccoli cheddar soup that is posted on the WISH recipe thread that BAMB and Lisa both provided a link for earlier this week. DD and DS have been both asking for it and it seems that I overbought broccoli recently and the fridge is overrun with it! That being said, the one thing I do NOT have on hand is the reduced fat cheddar. I will probably make it with regular cheese and just have to take the hit for the extra calories.

Well.... I gave myself until 9:00 am to be pokey here on the computer.... but now it is time to get moving. What's on the list for today you ask?? Well.... exercise should be a priority, but I think I'm going to intersperse short workout bursts with my housework and yard work today so that it doesn't feel like I am "wasting" a whole hour on exercise (yes, I know it is not a waste, but when I am this busy it is hard to dedicate the time).

Main goals for today are to

l. Finish edging, weeding, and mulching the long flowerbed next to the driveway.

2. Pick up the clothes in DD's room.

3. Completely one full laundry cycle/one load.

4. Fold the basket of clean laundry from yesterday.

5. Make the soup for dinner.

6. Get in at least one hour's worth of exercise (even if it is done in 5 minute segments).

7. Edge and weed the flowerbeds on the north side of the house (DH already threw some mulch in there but he never weeded or edged!! ).

8. Make a sympathy card for my aunt, write in it and actually get it in today's mail!

9. Make all 3 beds.

10. Give each of the downstairs room a 5-10 minute pick-up.

I think that should be enough to keep me busy!

I'll pop on again at lunch to see how everyone is doing...................P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: