Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #136
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi Everyone my name is Michelle and I’ll be your coach from 5/6-5/9 – this is my first try at it so hopefully I get it right and will be signing on again.. I found some inspirational quotes and added the question of the day to the end to see how you think it pertains to you..
I’ll be back late this afternoon to see how everyone is coming along and answer it myself as well..

Thanks so much for coaching for us!!!

Monday QOTD: Monday’s are hard! Plateaus are hard as well but when you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world. How do you deal with plateaus?
I usually need to do something a bit drastic to really shake things up.... that is assuming is a "REAL" plateau and not me doing some self-sabotage by not measuring portions and not journaling/counting all of my food intake. I usually drop the carbs to a minimum and up the exercise... usually a bit more intensity AND a bit more time. Or I might do a day or two of a juice fast to shake my body up. But sometimes I just need to RELAX and really look at my weight track and see if it is a real plateau or just slow losing. I think that the WW definition of a true plateau is losing less than .5 per week for at least 4 weeks. I don't usually wait that long to make a change.

Okay.......morning was kind of rough, but they are off to recess and lunch and I will be able to put something in this rumbly-tumbly soon! I'll take one more minute here before I need to dash!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #137
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
No, I allot 300 for lunch but the regular bread takes all of that allotment. So I use the flat bread, thin slice hillshire farm turkey, 2 teaspoons of miracle whip and I still have room for some fruit or raw veggies.

Oh and it was only 1 kid yesterday. He is still on a high today!! He is sooo happy!
Using all of your calories for the bread really isn't great. Glad you found a good substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
This is tough to just think of myself. I actually dream of not having to work so I can find time to do things that I love (volunteer with animals, nursing homes, etc). However, that is unrealistic right now, but maybe in the future!

What a wonderful dream.... the dream to help OTHERS!

I just wanted to add that I use the Jeff Galloway 5k app and love it. I can run a 5k faster by run/walking than my sister who runs the whole time. It's a great program that helps you build up and gives your legs a rest with the walking.

Thanks for more positive feedback about the Galloway app.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Busy day today! I did day 29 of the 30 day shred, took DSs to Sunday School, after we went to Home Depot for mulch, came home and weeded and mulched, mopped the dining room, sat out front while the kids played with the neighbors, went to the park, took the dog for a walk, vacuumed, and did the dishes. I am pretty tired now. In fact, I think I am going to run and watch an episode of House Hunters International and then head to bed. Goodnight

Jill
WOOHOO on getting to day 29 of the 30DS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
Hi, all-I'm behind on the qotd's-but in answer to the dream-I, too, would like to do a 5k. I'm SO far from it, but I have to start somewhere. I went out walking today-almost a half hour. At least it's something!

Have any of you tried Skinnytaste.com? She breaks down meals into WW points-but the recipes are fantastic.

I'm still figuring this out-do we PM our weight weekly? Did I somehow miss that? Thanks for the patience.
I'll have to check out that website!!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
Do we talk recipes on this board? Just wondering if anyone knows of a good--light--homemade salad dressing??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We do share recipes here AND over on the BL recipe thread (at the top of the page)! But as far as I know there are no salad dressing recipes there. I do have a few good ones at home, but nothing "light" that I use regularly. How about checking out Pinterest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post
So I sent a PM to donac, but I figured I should introduce myself here too. I'm a little late, but I didn't even realize disboards had a weight loss forum until today. I started losing weight back in February, I believe, and lost about 10 lbs. I then found out I was pregnant and between that and the subsequent loss a couple weeks ago getting healthy was sort of pushed to the side. After the last few days realizing how bad I feel now that I'm not working out anymore, I knew it was time to start again. I want to be healthy so that when I get pregnant again it won't end the same way(I have no proof my weight was a factor, but I know it can't be helping). I'm currently closer to 300 than I am to 200(but not by much fortunately) and that's not okay. My current long term goal(no deadline though) is to be under 200. From there I will evaluate how I look and decide how much further I want to go. My short term, for the month goal, is six pounds. It may seem low, but I figure I'm better off setting a small, easily achievable goal and being happy if I surpass it than setting a goal that I could reach but being unhappy if something trips me up and I don't reach it.
Welcome!! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I am SO very sorry for your recent loss. Losing weight and getting healthier is certainly a step in the right direction, no matter WHAT the future may hold!! Best of luck with your 6 pounds this month!

Off to warm my lunch! BBL to chat...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #138
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Well, can't tell you anything about the plateau thing, because it hasn't happened to me yet!! Guess I'll have to wait and see!!

Today is a public holiday, and for once the sun is shining. Went out this morning to the park to have a go at the Galloway walk/run thing.....immediately better!! I didn't follow any particular pattern, but just did what I could with my back. Did 3.49 miles and averaged 13:51 per mile......that's a big improvement straight away as I was averaging 16:30 before.

I've also been and joined the gym. No pool but a good gym, lots of machines and classes for £9.99 per month (about $15). Will see how I get on. At that price it's still worth it even if I only go once a week for a class.

After all that, I came home this afternoon and dug my bike out from the back of the garage. 2 flat tyres, so I've blown them up and will see if they stay that way before venturing far!!!

OOOHH! Just noticed this is my 1000th post on the DIS Boards

Last edited by Eliza32; 05-06-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #139
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Hi Michelle! Thank you so very much for coaching the rest of the week!

Mondays are hard! They are not my favorite day of the week so I do everything I can to make them more tolerable.

Plateaus are tough, too. I just had two months where I was in what WW considers a plateau with very, very small losses week after week. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and endure them. The first thing I do is double check my tracking and portions -- is that really 1/4 of a cup or is it closer to a 1/2 cup? Or I might see if I can get a little extra activity in. One of the best things I've found is to have other ways besides the scale to measure success, i.e. measurements or pants sizes. Fortunately nothing last forever, even plateaus and a maintain always beats a gain in my book any day!

Have a great day all!
That is a great Plan Lisa!

Quote:

When I plateau, I have to check my food tracking. It's usually because I am eating too many carbs.

Ooooohhhh...I LOVE this one! I always tell DH that I want to work at Disney as well. I just fear it would ruin it for me or something.

Jill
Hi Jill, Yes eating the right amounts of carbs is key for me as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
[I][COLOR="Purple"]

Michelle! Don't sweat it, you'll do great! I hit a lovely 7-week plateau in my weight loss and thought I was going crazy. This was leading right up to my vacation, so after I got back, I just regrouped, got my head back on straight, and the weight slowly started coming off again. I haven't had quite as long a plateau since then, but my weight loss has always been painfully slow (18 pounds in 16 months )! My best attack on the hated plateau: PATIENCE!

So we hit up Rocco's Tacos on Saturday with my running BFF and her DH. After a couple of skinny 'ritas, she tells me a big group of her other running buddies are going up to the the Mouse for the 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend and I should sign up for the Half. After about a 5 minute debate wondering if my IT's will even let me get through the Wine and Dine in November, I agreed to sign up. WHAT??!!?? I must be off my rocker..... Darn 'ritas!!
Phew - patience! I however say I don't have much but have been in a lose a few gain a few now for 4-5 weeks, so I must have some... I need to add working out into my weight loss now I think.. my DD just came home from college and we have a walking plan all laid out so I am hoping to kick it up and get out of the rut!

YAY for signing up - we'll all be rooting you on as you get ready and go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I usually need to do something a bit drastic to really shake things up.... that is assuming is a "REAL" plateau and not me doing some self-sabotage by not measuring portions and not journaling/counting all of my food intake. I usually drop the carbs to a minimum and up the exercise... usually a bit more intensity AND a bit more time. Or I might do a day or two of a juice fast to shake my body up. But sometimes I just need to RELAX and really look at my weight track and see if it is a real plateau or just slow losing. I think that the WW definition of a true plateau is losing less than .5 per week for at least 4 weeks. I don't usually wait that long to make a change.

Okay.......morning was kind of rough, but they are off to recess and lunch and I will be able to put something in this rumbly-tumbly soon! I'll take one more minute here before I need to dash!..............P
P - sounds like you have a great plan in place for when/if it happens which is so GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, can't tell you anything about the plateau thing, because it hasn't happened to me yet!! Guess I'll have to wait and see!!

Today is a public holiday, and for once the sun is shining. Went out this morning to the park to have a go at the Galloway walk/run thing.....immediately better!! I didn't follow any particular pattern, but just did what I could with my back. Did 3.49 miles and averaged 13:51 per mile......that's a big improvement straight away as I was averaging 16:30 before.

I've also been and joined the gym. No pool but a good gym, lots of machines and classes for £9.99 per month (about $15). Will see how I get on. At that price it's still worth it even if I only go once a week for a class.

After all that, I came home this afternoon and dug my bike out from the back of the garage. 2 flat tyres, so I've blown them up and will see if they stay that way before venturing far!!!
congrats on joining the gym! and all your walking is super!!! good luck with your bike tires!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #140
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
:QOTD of weekend -- my dream...well my dream is to be at my pre-Cushing's weight and strength, with my medications balanced so that i can embrace EACH day and be active and not feel two steps behind in what i need to have done. my OLD dream was to do the full disney marathon in 2015, my DD graduation year, in her honor with Joints In Motion. That's doubtful now, i dont know that i'll every be strong and health enough to do a full. BUT maybe i could do the princess that year in her honor!

i'd really like a princess medal

i'm up and at 'em again this morning and off to work, my co-worker is still sick. i'm dragging but telling myself gotta get in a workout after work, especially after this weekend (cookout, breakfast out, ugh...not so good)
What a great dream! Even if you can't run the entire thing, I believe they only sweep when you are slower than a 16 minute/mile..... you should be able to do a run/walk combo way ahead of that!

Quote:
I will tell you my secret about workouts -- I do not work out on Mondays. After years of saying "I'll work out on Monday" and then having my plans derailed for various reasons, not the least of which is simply that Mondays are tough, tough days, I have freed myself from Monday workouts. It is a planned rest day. I have no guilt from not working out on Mondays that used to sometimes morph into a bad start to a bad week and it has worked out great for me. YMMV.

That is BRILLIANT!!!!

Plateaus are tough, too. I just had two months where I was in what WW considers a plateau with very, very small losses week after week. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and endure them. The first thing I do is double check my tracking and portions -- is that really 1/4 of a cup or is it closer to a 1/2 cup? Or I might see if I can get a little extra activity in. One of the best things I've found is to have other ways besides the scale to measure success, i.e. measurements or pants sizes. Fortunately nothing last forever, even plateaus and a maintain always beats a gain in my book any day!

Have a great day all!
All perfect and textbook WW answers! You are definitely living the WW lifestyle!!

Quote:
Michelle! Don't sweat it, you'll do great! I hit a lovely 7-week plateau in my weight loss and thought I was going crazy. This was leading right up to my vacation, so after I got back, I just regrouped, got my head back on straight, and the weight slowly started coming off again. I haven't had quite as long a plateau since then, but my weight loss has always been painfully slow (18 pounds in 16 months )! My best attack on the hated plateau: PATIENCE!

Good for you for "out-stubborning" a 7 week plateau without giving up!! That is amazing!

So we hit up Rocco's Tacos on Saturday with my running BFF and her DH. After a couple of skinny 'ritas, she tells me a big group of her other running buddies are going up to the the Mouse for the 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend and I should sign up for the Half. After about a 5 minute debate wondering if my IT's will even let me get through the Wine and Dine in November, I agreed to sign up. WHAT??!!?? I must be off my rocker..... Darn 'ritas!!

WOOHOO! A Disney medal in your future!!

Kids are off to special so I have just a few minutes to play catch-up here!.....P

Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #141
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Great to hear some immediate positive feedback regarding that Galloway method!!

Okay.... caught up.

After school today I will pick up DS and run home. DD has to stay after for an AP Bio study session, but DH is going out later to give blood, so hopefully the timing will be right and he can go to the HS and pick up DD at the same time.

Not a CLUE what is up for dinner tonight..... probably salad topped with grilled chicken or grilled veggie burger (I know.....boring!). Between HOURS of yard work on Saturday and being away all day yesterday, my weekend meal planning did NOT get done... which is too bad because I am working a lot this week and find that my meal planning is even MORE important during these weeks! I'll put a plan together tonight for the remainder of the week.... even if it has to say "Soup and Sandwich night" every night!!!

I'd like to get a few more hours of yardwork in tonight too.... but I'm behind on laundry and housework as well, so not sure where my priorities will end up. I could save the laundry folding for when I am watching DWTS.... I'll be too exhausted by then to be productive in any other way anyhow!

Off to pick up the kiddos and finish my work day!....................P

Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #142
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What a productive day! So glad the Jeff Galloway method was a success today. It makes such a big difference to add in pre-planned walking. I'm on my phone so I can't add a smilie for "cool" for the 1000 post!

Pamela~sounds like another busy day & week for you! I hope the meal planning goes well. I feel like I am falling behind on my inside housework since I've been outside so much. Hopefully you can do both today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick check in before I take DS to drums. I finally finished the 30 day shred! I have to take my measurements again now. I feel much more toned. I plan to start running again & doing Ripped in 30 on my off running days. I may not be on again tonight, so enjoy your evening & ill chat with everyone again tomorrow!

Jill
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #143
pjlla
<><

Evening all! Just popping on to say g'night! Didn't get everything I wanted done tonight, but ALL of the laundry is caught up, folded, put away, etc! That feels so good! (One last light load will go on the line before i leave for work tomorrow.) And I did manage about 40 minutes of weeding too. Plus we sat down to a good homemade supper...so I guess the day was a success overall.

Plan for tomorrow is to rise for an early walk/run before getting ready for school. DH is away tomorrow night, so no big dinner planned. And my work clothes are pressed and laid out already so the morning should go smoothly.

TTY tomorrow!..............P

Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #144
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Happy Tuesday Friends... It's a very foggy morning here in Maine today ..

I hope everyone had a great evening and will have a wonderful day today..

I thought this was good - we are all pretty good at setting long term goal but the short ones are just as important.. so

Question of the day :

"The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front of you.
The past is gone; the future is distant.
Today you CAN succeed."

Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours and post if you feel comfortable...

I'll be back on at lunchtime to check in and answer this myself..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #145
bigsis1970

Quote:
What a productive day! So glad the Jeff Galloway method was a success today. It makes such a big difference to add in pre-planned walking. I'm on my phone so I can't add a smilie for "cool" for the 1000 post!

Pamela~sounds like another busy day & week for you! I hope the meal planning goes well. I feel like I am falling behind on my inside housework since I've been outside so much. Hopefully you can do both today!

Just a quick check in before I take DS to drums. I finally finished the 30 day shred! I have to take my measurements again now. I feel much more toned. I plan to start running again & doing Ripped in 30 on my off running days. I may not be on again tonight, so enjoy your evening & ill chat with everyone again tomorrow!

Jill
Good Job on finishing the 30DS !! it's great that you are feeling more toned!

Quote:
Evening all! Just popping on to say g'night! Didn't get everything I wanted done tonight, but ALL of the laundry is caught up, folded, put away, etc! That feels so good! (One last light load will go on the line before i leave for work tomorrow.) And I did manage about 40 minutes of weeding too. Plus we sat down to a good homemade supper...so I guess the day was a success overall.

Plan for tomorrow is to rise for an early walk/run before getting ready for school. DH is away tomorrow night, so no big dinner planned. And my work clothes are pressed and laid out already so the morning should go smoothly.

TTY tomorrow!..............P
Wow, You ended up getting quite a bit done! feel good for sure!

Homeowners = 8/18/2011
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #146
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Jill - nice job on completing 30DS!

Quote:

I thought this was good - we are all pretty good at setting long term goal but the short ones are just as important.. so

Question of the day :

Today you CAN succeed."

Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours and post if you feel comfortable...

Oh I like this one! I'm going to shoot for staying within my WW points range today. I always seem to go over by a few. That 26 always seems to show up way too early in the day!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #147
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Saw that on my morning weather report. They often show the bridge in Portsmouth during the morning news.

Question of the day :

Today you CAN succeed."

Okay..... another time for "true confessions". My alarm was set and I had my exercise clothes laid out, but I did NOT get up for my walk/run this morning. so my goal for today is at LEAST 30 minutes of exercise before I hit the pillow tonight! I know DD is going to part of tonight's swim practice after her AP Bio study session today, but I MUST get some groceries during that time. So it may mean a late night appointment with the TM or something like that in order to fit the exercise into my day.

Happy Tuesday all! Here in the 1st grade again today. The class isn't too bad, so I wasn't dreading the day.

DD and I are on day #2 of extreme low carb and struggling already! Breakfast was okay.... we had rhubarb greek yogurt (homemade sugar-free rhubarb sauce... sweetened with stevia). Lunch is salads.... DD brought some full-fat cheddar for her protein, I brought turkey and light string cheese. DD doesn't eat any kind of lunch meat (which is usually okay with me since I generally think that it isn't that healthy), and it means I need to plan ahead and have other things ready.... but for now those other things cannot be pasta, rice, potatoes, couscous, or pre-sweetened yogurt. We both have an apple and some nuts in our lunches today. I am not worrying too much about the apple carbs, but want to limit it to just one apple a day. So tonight I MUST buy some berries! I bought a large quantity on Friday, but they were gone by lunch yesterday. Plus we are now out of greek yogurt, getting low on eggs, almost out of 100 cal pack almonds....

DD prefers to avoid all artificial sweeteners (which I think is GREAT!!) so this gets pretty tough on her... no chocolate milk, no cocoa, no coffee or tea (she doesn't like it black). Plus she doesn't like the low carb bread products I buy (not sure why.... I think they are delicious). Her stand-by low carb foods are hardboiled eggs and omelets, homemade chicken salad and/or grilled chicken or pork, cheese, nuts, and occasionally celery with natural peanut butter, salads, berries, and veggies.

Any other low carb suggestions (keeping in mind that she does not eat ANY seafood of any sort)???

Hopefully in another day or two her carb cravings will start subsiding. She was kind of grumpy this morning so I was kind of surprised that she even stuck with the low carb menu for the day. But I'm proud of her for sticking strong with it!!

Okay.... enough rambling on here! I'll pop on again when the kiddos head to recess about 11 am!....................P

Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #148
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Morning all!!! Wow reading how super busy you guys are makes me exhausted, lol!

Today is Tuesday and another day to eat right, exercise, and get things done. It is going to be a great here. Sending successful thoughts out to all of you!!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #149
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:

What a great day you had and congrats on your 1000th post!

Don't be afraid to play around with all sorts of run/walk intervals. Galloway says you should walk before you get tired. It helps you to keep your speed. For example, instead of a one minute/one minute you can do 30 seconds/30 seconds. I do a 12 second run/24 second walk right now and it works great for me. It takes awhile to figure out which one will work for you.

Quote:
After school today I will pick up DS and run home. DD has to stay after for an AP Bio study session, but DH is going out later to give blood, so hopefully the timing will be right and he can go to the HS and pick up DD at the same time.

Not a CLUE what is up for dinner tonight..... probably salad topped with grilled chicken or grilled veggie burger (I know.....boring!). Between HOURS of yard work on Saturday and being away all day yesterday, my weekend meal planning did NOT get done... which is too bad because I am working a lot this week and find that my meal planning is even MORE important during these weeks! I'll put a plan together tonight for the remainder of the week.... even if it has to say "Soup and Sandwich night" every night!!!

I'd like to get a few more hours of yardwork in tonight too.... but I'm behind on laundry and housework as well, so not sure where my priorities will end up. I could save the laundry folding for when I am watching DWTS.... I'll be too exhausted by then to be productive in any other way anyhow!

Off to pick up the kiddos and finish my work day!....................P
Sounds like a very productive day, Pamela!

Quote:

Jill
Congratulations on finishing the 30 day shred, Jill!

Quote:

Question of the day :

Today you CAN succeed."

I will run/walk 2 miles -- I haven't run in 2 weeks since I've been sick. My half is not going to run itself Memorial Day week-end. Luckily it is local.

Quote:
Jill - nice job on completing 30DS!

Oh I like this one! I'm going to shoot for staying within my WW points range today. I always seem to go over by a few. That 26 always seems to show up way too early in the day!
Excellent plan, Kim! I think I will try this for Wednesday since it is the day before my weigh in.

Congrats on signing up for the W&D again!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #150
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Morning all!!! Wow reading how super busy you guys are makes me exhausted, lol!

Today is Tuesday and another day to eat right, exercise, and get things done. It is going to be a great here. Sending successful thoughts out to all of you!!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts! Yup, another GREAT DAY of eating right and exercise for all of us, right??!

Quote:
Sounds like a very productive day, Pamela!

It never feels too productive until I come to the end of the day and start listing all that I accomplished.... then it seems pretty good! Maybe that is why I ramble on here so.... just kind of "thinking out loud" for myself so I can realize what I've done!

I will run/walk 2 miles -- I haven't run in 2 weeks since I've been sick. My half is not going to run itself Memorial Day week-end. Luckily it is local.

Sorry you've been sick.

Excellent plan, Kim! I think I will try this for Wednesday since it is the day before my weigh in.

Congrats on signing up for the W&D again!

Okay friends.... kids are off to recess and I have a few minutes to chat before lunch. Prayers that the afternoon goes a bit smoother. So far this morning we've had a tantrum, tears, and other such fun! Also.... I have the asst. principal's DD in this class and she is a bit of a pill!! She went to the nurse's office 4 times yesterday with random complaints of not feeling well, feeling hot, etc. Today started with an immediate request for a band-aid and then another mention of something hurting. I nipped it in the bud and told her she had used up her allottment of nurse visits for the week! JK.... I'd never keep a kid that was truly sick, but obviously she LOVES to visit the nurse!

Need to order our Disney tickets today or we may not have them in time for our trip! I also haven't book a rental car or changed our hotel reservations! Sounds like I have a lot to do this week!

Off to check a few things before lunch.............P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: