Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #16
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

...continued

Played around Toontown a bit

Then to Goofy's house. Sophie had fun playing in his "garden" playground area. She really didn't want to leave!

By then it was getting closer to parade time and since that sandwich sucked, I was still hungry. I really wanted to eat at Hungry Bear restaurant so we headed to Critter Country. We hadn't made it to that part of the park yet, either. We got there and it was closed! I was so bummed! We went on Winnie the Pooh as planned anyway.

Since we were in Pooh Corner, I couldn't leave without a fun snack! So I got a Tigger Tail. They were not as overly sweet as I had kept reading. I took a bite and saved the rest for later.

Eli asked for some turtle fudge but when we got to the bench, this is what he pulled out. lol. I thought, whatever it is, it's cute! And he ate it anyway.

I was really eating a lot on this trip, I felt like I was constantly starving. I think it was all the extra walking I was doing. Since Hungry Bear was closed, we decided to eat at the Plaza Inn. I also thought that since Mickey's Soundsational Parade was going to start soon, we could get our food and sit on the patio and watch the parade.

Even though I was disappointed about Hungry Bear, I thought this was a good compromise. AND they gave free refills on soda! A park rarity.

As we were eating, it started to get cold and windy. We apparently had forgotten Sophie's sweater, so I pulled out Parker's receiving blanket and told her to wrap it around herself. Right before the parade was starting, Parker also had a hefty poopy diaper. Thank goodness we were RIGHT next to the baby care center! Eli took him for a change and soon the parade started.

Parker wanted nothing to do with daddy so I had to hold him, and I love the man but he sucks at taking pictures, so none of the pictures he got of the parade are good. They're all really dark and fuzzy I got a couple video clips so I'll have to try and upload those later.

After the parade, we wanted to ride one last ride.

Either teacups or Dumbo, but Sophie had a leakage in her diaper so the time it took to change her pants I thought we wouldn't get to ride anything. We were walking by the teacups and they were doing one last spin! She and I ran to the line and spun our 4th and final spin on the teacups. I was happy that we ended with her favorite ride.

This turned out to be a great park day! There were a few ups and downs along the way but better than the day before had been!
I was sad to be leaving but I was so insanely tired and my feet were killing me, so back to the hotel we went.

Eli and I were laughing because if she hadn't been buckled in, she would have fallen out of there several times on the way back to our room!

Next: our travels home.

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

Last edited by sophies*mom; 05-11-2013 at 03:01 AM.
sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #17
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

I can't believe i never finished this, haha.
Almost a year later...if anyone is interested in hearing about our last day, I'll add it. Not many comments on here except for my own

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
holymac
Earning My Ears

I want to hear the rest! We are taking our 4 and 6 year olds in May!
holymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #19
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute pics!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #20
shoppgirl
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your TR so far and would love to know the rest of it!!! Your pictures are fantastic too. Your trip reminds me so much of my first trip with my girls to WDW when my youngest was 4. I didn't have any temper tantrums to deal with, but I had plenty of tears because she was afraid of every single dark ride. I had high hopes of going on the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Snow White, Buzz.....but no. To this day, the four year old is now 10 and still refuses to go on the Haunted Mansion and Pirates!!!!

Please continue....you're doing a great job! You will be glad you finished it!

Disney Dream Cruise July 2011
Disney Dream Cruise July 2012

Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2013

Disneyland Hotel March 2014
shoppgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophies*mom View Post

Super cute! He's absolutely adorable!
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
gusgusandmimimouse
Earning My Ears

I'm interested. Love the trip report so far. Sounds a lot like our three year old's experience.
gusgusandmimimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 AM   #23
Jairy
Mouseketeer

Last time we went, our children were 3 and 5. They were scared of almost every ride.
They are now 12 and 10. We are going in 2 weeks. We are having a lot of fun talking about their memories of last time. And they love hearing the stories about the rides they refused to go on (dd-almost everything except Winnie the Pooh and Teacups, ds at 3 was a bit more adventurous). They can't wait to try out those rides they were scared of. Dd at 12 has already put some off the list. No TOT and no SM. Ds is ready to do it all!!
I think when they were young, it was more fun watching things like Crush, Aladin, the parade and the fireworks.
Jairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:20 AM   #24
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

It'll be interesting to see how she reacts the next time we get to go! She talks about our trip EVERY day lol, so clearly she's not traumatized.

Thanks everyone, I will finish our last day! Not as much happening as this was our travel day home, but still some story to tell .

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #25
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
Super cute! He's absolutely adorable!
Thanks Hard to believe he is nearly a whole year older than that picture already!!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

Old 03-05-2014, 04:09 AM   #26
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Last day, travels home...maybe...

The day before we were to go home, Eli kept pestering me about leaving waaaaay before check out. I understand he just wanted to get home, since it's a long drive, but I really wanted to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich. He was actually in a pissy mood because of it until I pointed out that he needed to get a full night's sleep, especially after a really busy day. So I won We packed up and checked out at 11.

Here are some pictures of the room before we left (which is why the beds are un-made, and messy looking).

We decided to drive to Downtown Disney instead of walk this time.

Time for lunch!

I had been reading about Earl of Sandwich for a long time, from the WDW'ers, so as soon as I heard it opened up in Anaheim, I HAD to try it.

I already knew I wanted to try the Holiday Turkey sandwich

Eli got the Chipotle Chicken Avocado, I'm pretty sure

I also got a cup of the broccoli cheese soup

Sophie got a bag of chips because that is the only thing she would eat from there. The child is picky! Drives me nutty.

My sandwich was so good! I'm glad I tried it. I may not get it again, just because I saw other yummies on the menu, but you have to at least try it once! Now the soup, majorly disappointing. It had no real flavor and I didn't even finish it. Eli said he really liked his.

Parker was just observing, he had JUST started eating table food on this trip.

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: