Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #256
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post

Are you saying, "Squirrel!"

Quote:

I cracked up at this photo!

Where can you get dog tags made?! Never heard of doing that before at WDW.

When we watched the Nemo show recently, CM's were on anyone with a camera or phone out. Even if it was to take a picture without flash!

Mmm, lunch sounds delicious!

I'm shocked that they didn't stop the parade due to rain. I was looking at Rafiki and thinking how wet and stinky that costume must be, and if they have to get it dry cleaned immediately so it wouldn't get all mildewy.

You spent an entire day at AK! Very impressive. Every time we go, we're starting to stay longer. I swear, the older you get, the more you appreciate this park I think.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #257
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Are you saying, "Squirrel!"

I cracked up at this photo!

Where can you get dog tags made?! Never heard of doing that before at WDW.

When we watched the Nemo show recently, CM's were on anyone with a camera or phone out. Even if it was to take a picture without flash!

Mmm, lunch sounds delicious!

I'm shocked that they didn't stop the parade due to rain. I was looking at Rafiki and thinking how wet and stinky that costume must be, and if they have to get it dry cleaned immediately so it wouldn't get all mildewy.

You spent an entire day at AK! Very impressive. Every time we go, we're starting to stay longer. I swear, the older you get, the more you appreciate this park I think.
The first photo I was trying to point Josh out to Dug Second photo... Yeah it happens

I didn't realize I couldn't take any photos, oh my gosh I am such a bad person!!!!

I can't imagine the rain, and trying to dance and how much that must have just stunk!

We really love AK and see it as an all day thing! I'm thinking we may make more than one trip there when we take my niece next year!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #258
My sister's princess

Saturday morning was a true Disney treat, we slept in! We were going to play this morning by ear, and try to make it to Downtown Disney to do some shopping, then over to Hollywood Studios to wrap up the day.

We slept in until 8, which for us is super late, but it felt good! Once we were up we relaxed and enjoyed some coffee while watching the animals. I also took this as an opportunity to clean the room up.

I always say I am going to be tidy, then when it comes to actually doing things, it just doesnít happen! We sorted through all the receipts, clothes, and stuff we had bought! As we gathered up the receipts we found that many of them had 20% off coupons for world of Disney! I was very excited and packed several of them away.

We decided to pack up and head for Downtown around 10. We met the sweetest couple on the bus who were headed home that day. They had had a wonderful vacation and were not ready to leave!

We arrived at a pretty much empty Downtown Disney!

We wandered a bit,

It was crazy empty, not that I was complaining!

Next, we went to one of my favorite stores!

This store was also empty!

I thought these were so cute!

Someday I want one of these casserole dishes!

My whole kitchen is Disney so this store is heaven!

I was really enjoying how empty the place was!

We headed over to Once Upon a Toy!

Where I insisted Josh build a Mr. Potato head!

Again I was very happy with how UNbusy it was here!

We had gone to see the OZ movie before going down, so I was all about the new merchandise, I should have bought that shirt!

Then we headed into boylandÖ.

Josh was very happy to be there!

I of course was wandering around doing pretty much nothing and looking at everything! I really canít rant enough about how empty it was. The threat of rain must have been enough to keep the weak ones away!

Up next was one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.

I bought WAY too much stuff (including a shower curtain they had on clearance!) and we wandered and wandered. I could spend hours in there, itís a little crazy! They were out of the scrapbook pages for 2013, but they looked up where I could find them, and I picked up later in the trip!

Since we didnít have reservations, and were going to try to get into T-Rex for lunch I knew we should head over early.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #259
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Love reading your trip report and dining review!
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #260
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Seriously... I've never seen DTD that empty. I could almost tolerate being there for more than 30 minutes on a day like that.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #261
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I am so extremely jealous of how empty DTD was The last 2 times i've been done there have been nuts and makes me want to leave immediately. You're so lucky that you got to experience that!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #262
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJane View Post
Love reading your trip report and dining review!
Glad you are reading along! Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Seriously... I've never seen DTD that empty. I could almost tolerate being there for more than 30 minutes on a day like that.
We often feel the same way It was a treat, and we finished shopping SO FAST

Quote:
I am so extremely jealous of how empty DTD was The last 2 times i've been done there have been nuts and makes me want to leave immediately. You're so lucky that you got to experience that!
It really was a treat!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #263
My sister's princess

We got there, and they said it would be no problem getting us in! While we were waiting it started to sprinkle!
You can (and should!) read all about our T-Rex lunch HERE in my dining review.

The highlights Ė

My Mastodon Margarita

Yep I was drinking before noon (see I admit it when my morning includes a cocktail!)

And the food was super yum (matched only to the restaurant which was super fun!)

The day was really off to a fun start (and that wasnít just the margarita talking!)

We finished lunch and were on our way before 12:15!
But I had to tour the gift shop!

Here is the dig area for kids (why let kids play in the dirt before dinner?)

Our next stop was the Lego store, and it was obvious people were starting to wake up, as it was kinda crowded in there!

I had heard all about these bath bombs that everyone loves so much, and had told Josh about them, so he insisted we head over to the Basin!

Of course I had to try some of the fun things they had on hand to sample!

This stuff smelled SO GOOD!

Then I found these beauties. Josh insisted I get 3!!

They are tucked away for a day when I really need some Disney magic!

I love this fountain!

We strolled through the crystal shop

And I got my princess on

I always consider wearing a tiara instead of ears, but Iím just not sure I can give the ears up!

We had had enough shopping at this point, and other plans awaited us, so we headed back to the hotel. When we got there we took a few moments to relax, and I saw these fun guys!

We packed our ponchos and headed out! We were on our way to Hollywood Studios!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 11-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #264
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
You can (and should!) read all about our T-Rex lunch
Looks like a fun place to check out. Especially when you're pretty much the only one there.

Quote:
Yep I was drinking before noon (see I admit it when my morning includes a cocktail!)
You say that like it is a bad thing???

Quote:
Here is the dig area for kids (why let kids play in the dirt before dinner?)
Because it is cleaner than 99% of the other surfaces they'll be touching in WDW.

Quote:
They are tucked away for a day when I really need some Disney magic!
So you haven't even used them? What kind of TR is this when you can't even tell us about your purchase?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #265
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Dh and I only had time to grab a drink at T-Rex but we totally enjoyed the whole setup. Very cool! I'm glad you enjoyed lunch there.

Awwww I soooo miss Basin at DTD here at Disneyland I absolutely LOVE the bath bombs and glycerin soaps. I completely forgot that there was a Basin at WDW. Next time definitely!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #266
My sister's princess

Quote:
Looks like a fun place to check out. Especially when you're pretty much the only one there.
MUCH better that way!

Quote:
You say that like it is a bad thing???
I enjoy morning cocktails... sorry, I'm not sorry

Quote:
Because it is cleaner than 99% of the other surfaces they'll be touching in WDW.
eewwww

Quote:
So you haven't even used them? What kind of TR is this when you can't even tell us about your purchase?
I used one last weekend! They are amazing, and smells great!

Quote:
Dh and I only had time to grab a drink at T-Rex but we totally enjoyed the whole setup. Very cool! I'm glad you enjoyed lunch there.

Awwww I soooo miss Basin at DTD here at Disneyland I absolutely LOVE the bath bombs and glycerin soaps. I completely forgot that there was a Basin at WDW. Next time definitely!
I bet we will return to T-Rex in the future!

LOVE the Basin now, I can't imagine a trip in the future will be complete without going there!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #267
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Your TRex review inspired me to make a ressie there for my upcoming trip. And I'm definitely going to spend more time exploring DTD. It looks like you guys were having such a great time just relaxing and shopping!
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #268
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Your TRex review inspired me to make a ressie there for my upcoming trip. And I'm definitely going to spend more time exploring DTD. It looks like you guys were having such a great time just relaxing and shopping!
YAY!!! I'm glad you were inspired! We really did enjoy the much slower pace!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #269
My sister's princess

As we walked in, people were pouring out of the park. The weather was not the best it could be, and I think people were getting nervous.

The weather was doing the weirdest OMG itís SUNNY just kidding, itís sprinkling thingÖ

We stopped for a few fun photos!

OH look how bad this one is!!!

I really love this one, but the creeper behind me doesnít look like he is having a magical dayÖ

We then saw they had a Photopass person in my favorite spot in this park!

The photographer was wicked fun, and in a good mood. He set this up!

I know that many love this park, but for me other than Fantasmic, Toy Story Mania and Star ToursÖ itís MEH. But this is boyland, so Josh was happy!

We decided to head right over to Star Tours and pick up Fastpasses. I had check the touringplans app while we were on the bus and I knew we would have time to grab them, do something else, then head right back!

What is that something else you ask? One of Joshís all time favorites!

He was happy to even be waiting in line!

They were filling the theater for each show, so we did have a little wait!

After the show (which we love), it was time to use these beauties!

I havenít seen Star Wars (donít, donít even try, Josh gets embarrassed when I talk about it) but I adore this ride!

Look how in llloooovvvveeeee we are! I canít help it!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #270
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Looks like some fun photopass pictures.

It seems to me that you enjoy more of DHS than you like to admit. I mean you only named 3 things, but you then said you like Muppets. That's like half the park, right there. I've got to say that I LOVE DHS, but they really could stand to add a few more things to it.

Now I have a request. Go find Josh's movie stash and watch Star Wars. The Original Star Wars movies. Not the new ones. I mean you can watch them eventually, but start with the good stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: