Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #241
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Absolutely! And one of these days you might actually see a real live lion instead of that stuffed decoration they prop up there on that rock.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #242
My sister's princess

It was starting to sprinkle, and our ponchos were safe and sound in the room, so I stepped under the awning across from Tusker House while Josh went and got us a snack to share!

Who doesn’t love Jungle Juice!?

He also got us some roasted nuts, but I didn’t take a photo. We watched as the clouds rolled in, and people started to panic.

We all kind of moved in and out of the awning trying to keep our front row spots, but not wanting to get wet. It was very funny.

This family was not playing the game with everyone else though, they were trying to take over the whole space. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

As the parade got close the sky opened up and DUMPED. The mom in front of us was the sweetest lady ever. She danced, and sang with her song through the whole wet thing! Her husband and I were standing together over a trash can!

This is the top of my trashcan. As you can see, it was a little damp, but I was kept nice and dry, and I got to enjoy the parade. (LOVE the music to this parade, I play it at work a lot, they already think I am crazy, it’s ok)

I am really surprised that they still held the parade, it was POURING. But I guess they are used to it, and once they start, they can’t really turn around.

Even the people in the parade didn’t understand how it could still be going on!

As you can see as it ended the rain was slowing down. I don’t know that we could have timed that more perfectly.
People were RACING to leave, but I had another plan! I grabbed Josh and literally dragged him over to the safari. We walked on, they were sending empty Jeeps away! It was crazy!

Continued Below

Last edited by My sister's princess; 10-14-2013 at 03:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #243
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow!! It looks like it was raining hard for a while. I'm very surprised that they had the parade with that kind of a downpour. That can't be very good for the characters, and probably hard on some of the other performers trying to walk and dance in the parade. You make a good point though, that once they start they really can't do anything about it.

So another safari? Maybe the rain woke up the lion.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #244
My sister's princess

Continued from above

Obviously the animals didn’t really care that it was raining!

And by the time we got half way through, it was clearing off!

And the lions were out!

After we finished our second safari, and the rain stopped we decided to head over to Asia to do the jungle trek, but on our way we stopped for more photos, because that’s what we do!

Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #245
My sister's princess

Quote:
Wow!! It looks like it was raining hard for a while. I'm very surprised that they had the parade with that kind of a downpour. That can't be very good for the characters, and probably hard on some of the other performers trying to walk and dance in the parade. You make a good point though, that once they start they really can't do anything about it.

So another safari? Maybe the rain woke up the lion.
HOLY WOW you are fast man, you didn't let me get the second part in!

I can't imagine it's easy to groom the animals like Turk when they are done being soaked like that!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #246
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
HOLY WOW you are fast man, you didn't let me get the second part in!

I can't imagine it's easy to groom the animals like Turk when they are done being soaked like that!
Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I guess you did get some evidence that the lions are in fact alive!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #247
My sister's princess

Quote:
Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I guess you did get some evidence that the lions are in fact alive!
Alive and moving! Who knew!?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #248
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
No really, look at the second photo, it's an elephant! Even the guid was supprised!!

I love the gorillas too! Maybe someday they will put a few benches over there!
You're right. I thought the caption went with the hippo picture and totally missed the next picture. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have totally missed it.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #249
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Was your rainy day at AK 4/21? We went INTO the park in the pouring rain and had the best time ever. The animals were all active on the safari and throughout the park and the park was empty. I'm looking at my pics to see if I can find you.

Nope, don't see you in my pics. But here is what Asia looked like after the rain:

Old 10-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #250
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
You're right. I thought the caption went with the hippo picture and totally missed the next picture. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have totally missed it.
I thought for a second I might be crazy!

Quote:
Was your rainy day at AK 4/21? We went INTO the park in the pouring rain and had the best time ever. The animals were all active on the safari and throughout the park and the park was empty. I'm looking at my pics to see if I can find you.

Nope, don't see you in my pics. But here is what Asia looked like after the rain:

We were in Epcot/Magic Kingdom on the 21st but it was pretty much the same! The rain scares people away!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #251
My sister's princess

So we headed down the path in Africa to see some more animals!

Caught him with his tong out!

He humors me in so many, many ways…

We found the tigers, but they were sleepy!

These little guys were out and about though!

A very nice cast member took this photo for us. I was surprised because people were trying to talk to her as she did it. Whatever happened to waiting your turn!?

After trekking through the jungle we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey to see the Lion King!

I was careful to cover the red light, don’t worry. I was super surprised by how many people kept taking flash pictures!

We were in the elephant section. Josh was very good at demonstrating.

I love this show, it is just pure Disney magic! Since we had hit the 5:30 show we were starting to slow down and needed to figure out our plan.

We headed out and away, I love these little guys!

Daisy had a little hitch hiker!

We were both getting a little tired, and decided to grab dinner, then head out. We had decided to try another new to us place tonight!

You can read the full review HERE in my dining review. It’s worth the look, it includes this:

And this:

After finishing our dinner we headed back the resort to clean up a bit, and then hit the hot tub. I posted this beauty to my facebook at 8:30 “This is good use of the refillable mug.... — at Disney Animal Kingdom Jambo House. “

This was the PERFECT size for my mug, and I filled it with ice from the machine. Josh picked up a Bud Light, and our two drinks totaled $12.25 ($5.75 each). Not bad for Disney, considering a mixed drink will set you back at least $10 at the bar!

We went over to my favorite hot to (the one by the flamingos) where we met a bunch of nice people, and talked about what we do in “real life”, though I was glad that we were still days and days away from having to face it!

Total steps for the day : 21,340
Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #252
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Looks like a fun end to the day. I have to say though, you need to show Flame Tree a little more love than that. I love that place! Although I guess I can't disagree with your dining review totally... it isn't that fantastic from the standpoint that I wouldn't call the ribs/chicken the best I've had, but from the standpoint of getting some BBQ and a lot of food in the parks for a QS credit, I consider it a bargain and it is probably one of my favorite places to eat.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #253
My sister's princess

Quote:
Looks like a fun end to the day. I have to say though, you need to show Flame Tree a little more love than that. I love that place! Although I guess I can't disagree with your dining review totally... it isn't that fantastic from the standpoint that I wouldn't call the ribs/chicken the best I've had, but from the standpoint of getting some BBQ and a lot of food in the parks for a QS credit, I consider it a bargain and it is probably one of my favorite places to eat.
It wasn't that bad I guess, just not the best! I will give it another try!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #254
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Love that duck in your picture. Looks like he posed for you. And you saw the alligator! We saw one there back in '07 and I've looked for him again every trip.

I thought the pulled pork sandwich was pretty good and I'd get it again.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #255
My sister's princess

Quote:
Love that duck in your picture. Looks like he posed for you. And you saw the alligator! We saw one there back in '07 and I've looked for him again every trip.

I thought the pulled pork sandwich was pretty good and I'd get it again.
That duck was a HOOT!

I didn't get to try it... Josh ate the whole thing LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: