Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #211
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Your assessment of the new Test Track is right on the money. I mean I still like it and I love the design part... But really??? It was closed down for how long and that's it???

And I see they still are having problems with the design stations a few months later...
I never waited in the line for test track, but the building of the car seems like it could be amusing. However, I did feel like they changed the ride quite a bit. Then again, that could be my inability to remember things from 3 years ago. Actually, a lot of things seemed to change- like the people mover that went super fast!

Beth- speaking of photobombs, I found out my girls would seek out families getting their pics taken by the photopass people and stand in the background making ridiculous faces. Those poor families.
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #212
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I never waited in the line for test track, but the building of the car seems like it could be amusing. However, I did feel like they changed the ride quite a bit. Then again, that could be my inability to remember things from 3 years ago. Actually, a lot of things seemed to change- like the people mover that went super fast!

Beth- speaking of photobombs, I found out my girls would seek out families getting their pics taken by the photopass people and stand in the background making ridiculous faces. Those poor families.
Yeah I think your memory failed you it was the same ride, but "Troned" they added neon to eveything!

Your daughter is a hoot, but yeah I bet those families are less than impressed...
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #213
My sister's princess

After our ride we decided to check in for dinner! It was a new place for us to try!

Josh was very excited to give it a try, because he is a big meat bread and potatoes man. I was wicked excited to try it because I know they grow/raise much of what they serve at the Garden Grill right there in Epcot!

You can read a really detailed report on dinner, with tons of photos HERE in my dining report. There are a ton more photos there!

Here is an excited Josh when he got done reading the menu!

I dream about this salad. I would eat it every day for the rest of my life. EVERY DAY.

The beautiful entrée platter

We visited with a few fun friends.

And this amazingness is dessert!

We toyed with the idea of going back into the park, but decided we were tired, and wanted to hit the hot tub! We headed out of the park, but on the way we stopped to fill out a card at Guest services to talk about how amazing our server was at dinner. He was just great!

We relaxed, checked on our big stinky baby back home and went to bed nice and early. This was a great plan, because the next day was going to be an early one!

Steps taken : 20,704
Old 09-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #214
The Big Sister
Earning My Ears

So excited to try the garden grill! I have never gone there in all the trips I've taken!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #215
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Ok, Garden Grill has always been on the fringe of our dining and ADR plans. I'm really going to have to find a way to work it in next year. I don't know what I'm going to cut though!!!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #216
JessM
We all have a dream

Hello fellow Mainer

I just found your trip report! I need to do some catching up but I love your pictures from the Garden Grill! We are eating there for the first time in December! That salad looks super yummy! And could Mickey be any cuter in those overalls!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #217
My sister's princess

Quote:
Ok, Garden Grill has always been on the fringe of our dining and ADR plans. I'm really going to have to find a way to work it in next year. I don't know what I'm going to cut though!!!
I never wanted to eat a meal that was so "American" with all the choices that Epcot has to offer, but Josh really wanted to try it, I am so glad we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Hello fellow Mainer

I just found your trip report! I need to do some catching up but I love your pictures from the Garden Grill! We are eating there for the first time in December! That salad looks super yummy! And could Mickey be any cuter in those overalls!
YAY for another Mainer! You are going to have so much fun there! Yes Mickey is wicked cute in his overalls! I am jealous you get to go so soon!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #218
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Sister View Post
So excited to try the garden grill! I have never gone there in all the trips I've taken!
It is worth the trip!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #219
My sister's princess

The next morning we headed back down to the Mara to have some breakfast before we headed out to the parks! You can read all about our breakfast HERE in my dining report. After running back up to the room to grab our park bag we decided to spend a little time saying good morning to the animals.

I love it there so so so much!

Even after visiting with some friends at the hotel we got to the park before opening! I was SUPER excited that they had a Photopass photographer at the sign taking photos! We found out later that week that this was a test, so I’m not sure if we will see that again!

It was so exciting to stand in line waiting to get in! You never get to stand in line at Disney…

On our way in we stopped for some fun photos!

I love love love this boarder!

Oh look!!

They let us in to wait at the tree of life.

I inched us over to the right so that we could make a run for Mt. Everest.
We followed other early birds who were making the same trek we were.

And we walked onto the ride! Sorry for some of the blurry photos, we were moving so fast!!

We escaped with our lives (barely) and headed to the gift shop!

Since it was so fun, we decided to go again! Somehow, we managed to avoid the Yeti!

We did our very best to stay ahead of the crowds and headed to Dino Land!

We walked onto Dinosaur, somehow we made it back to the present day, it was a close call though!!

If they had had this T-Shirt in ladies I would have bought it in a second…

Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #220
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with you on TT. I still like it because it's fast, but thought they were going to do some major changes to the ride itself, not the queue and lighting area in the ride.

I completely forgot about Garden Grill! I never really hear anything bad or good about it! It looks delicious though. I think I would try it out someday!

I LOVE that shirt! Since they don't make it for girls, I'm just going to have to buy it for DH so I can still feel close to it

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #221
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
You never get to stand in line at Disney…
Hmmm.... I think you left the part about drinking at breakfast out of your dining review...

Quote:
I inched us over to the right so that we could make a run for Mt. Everest.
Veteran move.

Quote:
If they had had this T-Shirt in ladies I would have bought it in a second…
Awesome shirt!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #222
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I completely agree with you on TT. I still like it because it's fast, but thought they were going to do some major changes to the ride itself, not the queue and lighting area in the ride.
Not to mention how long it was down!!

Quote:
I completely forgot about Garden Grill! I never really hear anything bad or good about it! It looks delicious though. I think I would try it out someday!
You should! It was nice and quiet, and the characters were as good as the food!

Quote:
I LOVE that shirt! Since they don't make it for girls, I'm just going to have to buy it for DH so I can still feel close to it
I wanted it so bad!!! It's a joke my friends and I make often, because I have short arms LOL

Quote:
Hmmm.... I think you left the part about drinking at breakfast out of your dining review...
Oh, when I drink early, I will share, no problem there! (It's coming...)

Quote:
Veteran move.

I knew exactly where I wanted to go, and we were headed there!!

Quote:
Awesome shirt!

I LOVED the shirt!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #223
My sister's princess

We stopped to get Lucky a new ID tag since the one we got him before had been lost last winter.

However, once it was made we realized that it had a big old scratch through paint. The nice lady at the register gave me my money back, but we had a show to catch so we didn’t have time to do a new one, and we forgot to at another point in the trip…

We ran off to catch our show and got AMAZING seats!

With that last photo I realized that even with my flash off my camera has a red light that comes on with every photo I take! I was HORRIFIED that I was “that person” using a light when they tell you not to! This is a good reminder that I need to figure out how to make it not do that!

I LOVE this show! It was beyond amazing.

After the show we checked out another store!

Since I had already bought new ears this trip I didn’t get them, but I loved them just the same!

We also got another squished penny!

After shopping, we got in line to meet some fun friends! Several years ago we tried to meet Dug and while we were in line he had to leave to go to the vet for the rest of the day!
Always willing to wait with me!

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Finally it was our turn!!

Dug wanted to give Josh some love!

And then Dug tried to eat my head!

While waiting to meet the Up characters we saw animal keepers taking care of these little guys. It was interesting on two accounts. 1) I love animals and 2) the animal keeper looked EXACTLY like one of my best friends. INSANE

We went over to talk to the keepers and they were AMAZING. So nice and really happy to chat about the animals!

Apparently these poor little guys were being kept at pets by someone, and they were being feed Fruit Loops instead of real food! Disney has nursed them back to health and they were so happy!

Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #224
JessM
We all have a dream

I love the Russel and Doug pics! They are so cute, I loved meeting them on my last trip. They are such flirts lol!

I love the Finding Nemo pics too. what an awesome show that is, so colorful and wonderful!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #225
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I love the Russel and Doug pics! They are so cute, I loved meeting them on my last trip. They are such flirts lol!

I love the Finding Nemo pics too. what an awesome show that is, so colorful and wonderful!
We had such fun meeting them! It was worth the wait, makes me sad we missed Dug all those years ago when the movie first came out!

Love that show, I have the sound track even!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: