Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #196
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
The nasty Photopass lady continued to move this family all around the Beauty and the Beast area as well. I think me being on the bench messed her up, but hey she told me to get out!
I'm just disappointed that you didn't photobomb her pictures after she was rude to you.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #197
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow so many wonderful pictures! I especially love the ones of Beauty and the Beast. I don't think i've ever tried Pate before. I'd probably try it!

Haha I LOVE the 'awkward' photo BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
The move it and shake it parade/party whatever is in Magic Kingdom. It comes down main street and then parks itself right in front of the castle and the dancing begins! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSSW_LUNag
You can take pictures, but the characters won't pose or sign autographs. It's a fantastic experience.
Oh I am so going to have to do it next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
I always worry I am sharing too many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm just disappointed that you didn't photobomb her pictures after she was rude to you.
Josh is all like "it's Disney stop trying to get in fights with people." Silly cop husband
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #198
My sister's princess

We continued on our way and next came to :

I found my stamp here, and we peeked around. It was another display area, and didn’t really have anything that caught my eye.

Japan turned out to be an adventure! We strolled by, but didn’t stop to get a snack.

The bonsai displays were beautiful! Josh stopped to get some photos.

I couldn’t believe this tree was 30 years old, crazy!

And this one was still tiny at 50!

Kinda looks like the tree is eating this kid…

I loved the pink flowers on this

I’m slightly confused as the next set of photos I have on my camera have us in the American pavilion! This is where we found one of Josh’s all time favorite characters, as a topiary.

With NO coaching, he stepped up to get a photo!!

We next came to the Lady and the Tramp in Italy!

And as we passed into Germany, and came upon Snow White and her friends, in topiary form!

At this point the heat really started to get to me, and I knew if I didn’t take a break from it we were going to have a problem. We headed into the shop in Germany. Josh looked around, and I sat in a corner in the toy room until I cooled off a bit.

Once I lost the “oh my God I am going to die” feeling we looked around.
Josh had me take this fun photo to post to Facebook and tag a friend of his in who is from Germany.

We also took a photo of one of the clocks, because Josh’s parents have one that looks almost exactly like it!

We then went to see the dragon in China!

I loved how they did this over the water! It was beautiful, and different and I just loved it!

Also in this area were these adorable pandas! There was a group of teenagers who were not speaking English who were swapping out for each other and took a full 5mins to get all of their photos while a line of us stood around trying to snap a shot of just the pandas. Very irritating, AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #199
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Okay, the Bonsai garden has to be the best thing i've seen yet of all the pics on your TR. I absolutely LOVE Bonsai trees and definitely need one in my house. So gorgeous!

So that's where you title comes from! Love it

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #200
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

I've never really understood the bonsai thing... But then again, I live out in the country and can have all the full size trees I want.

I'm glad you were able to find a cool spot to regain your composure. I'd have hated to see what might happen at the panda topiary if you didn't have a chance to cool off for a bit before you ran into that situation.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #201
My sister's princess

Quote:
Okay, the Bonsai garden has to be the best thing i've seen yet of all the pics on your TR. I absolutely LOVE Bonsai trees and definitely need one in my house. So gorgeous!

So that's where you title comes from! Love it
You should get a Bonsai! This is one place that the name comes from, we muttered that several times.

Quote:
I've never really understood the bonsai thing... But then again, I live out in the country and can have all the full size trees I want.

I'm glad you were able to find a cool spot to regain your composure. I'd have hated to see what might happen at the panda topiary if you didn't have a chance to cool off for a bit before you ran into that situation.
Apparently Lesha loves them I think they are cute, but I don't think I have the patience to do them.

Yeah I can be feisty, but heat can leave me flat.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #202
My sister's princess

Next, in Norway we found this adorable guy.

And strangely enough, a Photopass photographer!

We decided to go over to Mexico and enjoy a boat ride.

However, we went into the temple, hoping to use the bathroom, then hop on, but I didn’t realize there is no bathroom inside? So we went back outside, back to Norway, used the bathroom, then headed back….

Once that was taken care of we got back in line! I wish you could take a margarita on this ride, it would make it so much better. Then again, what doesn't a margarita make better?

I was super excited when we got to the front of the line and they put us in the first row of the boat! I got some amazing photo!
And now, a million photos of this adorable ride!

After our adventure I had cooled down enough that I decided it was time for a drink. I was really excited to use the mini gift card that I had purchased at the festival center! I really liked this, it was around my wrist, so I didn’t have to ask Josh for a card (thought I got carded so I did have to ask) and it was adorable.

We stopped at the Jardin De Fiestas and I got a Rosita Margarita!

You can read my full review of this HERE, in my dining report.

This was delicious, and STRONG. I enjoyed this as we walked back into future world, stopping along the way to use the restroom (I drink a lot of water!), and to enjoy a bench in the shade so I could finish my drink.
It was important I finish my drink, because we were headed to see some characters!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #203
The Big Sister
Earning My Ears

Jocelyn likes your green ears. She keeps trying to grab them through the screen. I'm ready to see some more characters
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #204
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Sister View Post
Jocelyn likes your green ears. She keeps trying to grab them through the screen. I'm ready to see some more characters
You are in luck the next update has LOTS of characters!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #205
My sister's princess

We went into Inoventions, and decided to check out the new display “Think”. There were these super huge touch screens that you could read all about the biggest changes in technology over history!

One of the big reasons we keep our Chase Disney cards is the special meet and greet area! Because we each have a card we are able to get two free prints when we visit!

We walked in to find these two! Minnie and I were having a conversation about my ears. She loved them and I explained I “forget” my ears sometimes so Josh will buy me new ones.

I asked Josh nicely if I could get a photo with just Minnie

Apparently Goofy took offense to this, and decided to photo bomb us! I had NO idea until we were going through the photos at the end of the day to pick what we wanted to print!

Then everyone jumped in!

After our meet and greet I noticed I was still feeling my drink, and I wanted to sit in the AC for a bit! Josh played the new Toy Story 3 game while I enjoyed the bench!

He thought it was fun, but doesn’t like that there are no directions there, or seats. We know that they don’t put seats there because people would never move!

We were excited to find Phineas and Ferb!

I really love that the passport told you which topiaries to look for, and that they provided a special map that told you where to find them! I would have been sad to have missed one!

Since we were in the area we decided to take a ride through the history of mankind.

I tried to get a few photos, but it wasn’t easy!

And of course the fun at the end!!!

We sent ourselves from the future to my boss (she humors me, seeing a pattern to the people in my life?).

That poor screen has suffered some abuse. You really have to whack it to get it to respond!

Then we peeked around the “future” area. I wish they would spruce this place up a bit!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #206
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
We decided to go over to Mexico and enjoy a boat ride.
It's a Small Mexico!!!!

Quote:
However, we went into the temple, hoping to use the bathroom, then hop on, but I didn’t realize there is no bathroom inside?
And you call yourself a Disney veteran...

Quote:
Once that was taken care of we got back in line! I wish you could take a margarita on this ride, it would make it so much better.
I always thought you could. I know I've heard somewhere that you can get one at Cava del Tequila and take it with you on the ride. I guess I've never personally tried it though, so I don't know.

Quote:
We stopped at the Jardin De Fiestas and I got a Rosita Margarita!
You walked past the Cava to get one outside????

Quote:
Apparently Goofy took offense to this, and decided to photo bomb us!
Ok, that's awesome!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #207
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Apparently Lesha loves them

I'm a Bonsai-loving freak!

Great updates!

I really like the PP of you guys in Norway! I don't think i've seen a PP photographer there before. Very cool!

DH, DM and I all have our own Disney cards and still haven't done this at WDW or DLR! We should someday. I love how quick you are with Minnie and the ears joke, even with some Margarita in you Also, I absolutely love that Goofy photobombed you guys!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #208
My sister's princess

Quote:
It's a Small Mexico!!!!

Quote:
And you call yourself a Disney veteran...

Quote:
I always thought you could. I know I've heard somewhere that you can get one at Cava del Tequila and take it with you on the ride. I guess I've never personally tried it though, so I don't know.
Might have to try that! OMG

Quote:
You walked past the Cava to get one outside????
It was a special Flower and Garden drink!

Quote:
Ok, that's awesome!!!
Goofy is amazing

Quote:
I'm a Bonsai-loving freak!

Great updates!

I really like the PP of you guys in Norway! I don't think i've seen a PP photographer there before. Very cool!

DH, DM and I all have our own Disney cards and still haven't done this at WDW or DLR! We should someday. I love how quick you are with Minnie and the ears joke, even with some Margarita in you Also, I absolutely love that Goofy photobombed you guys!
I seem to operate best with margarita in me

You HAVE to do it! They take extra time with the little ones, and because it is behind a curtain there is no one glaring at you while they wait!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #209
My sister's princess

We passed this adorable sign holder as we headed off to use our Fastpasses!!!

We were excited to try the new Test Track, and I checked us in on Facebook using this adorable photo of my handsome husband!

This was our first ride on the new Test Track, so I took a ton of photos! (Surprised right?)

So if you don’t have a key card (paper ticket) they have you take a plastic dummy card before you design your card.

The first few sets of computers were turned off, and I was worried we wouldn’t get to design a car!

This was the area you go down into to design your car.

We started designing our car! It was a great distraction from the wait. Disney nailed that one on the head.

Here were some of the fun details we added!

And our amazing car…. Which we both thought was ridiculous.

Here was our score!

And the area where they display everyone’s score.

As you leave you have an opportunity to see a commercial staring your car!

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of this re-do. I LOVE the speed of the ride, but I don't really feel like they changed the ride, just added a new waiting area, and some neon!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #210
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Your assessment of the new Test Track is right on the money. I mean I still like it and I love the design part... But really??? It was closed down for how long and that's it???

And I see they still are having problems with the design stations a few months later...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: