Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #136
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

I never even thought to ask about retrieving a lost PP card. What a smart idea to have them look up your outfit. A tip I need to remember just in case.

I love your shoes btw!

That's cool that they have a Dumbo that you can sit in and get pictures! Where is it located?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #137
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
I have to remember to look for a PP photog outside of Dumbo! That is such a cute shot! Plus, it's always so hard to get a self-portrait while flying....

My sister made me get in the Dumbo first as well. She said we must follow the rules. Shorter people unite!
I hope they have the photog there more often! And your sister sounds like mine, meanies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Okay just wanted to comment on a few things before I continue on with your TR..i'm on page 6.

I never saw that sign on Gaston's fountain! That is hilarious. DH would love to see this!

And OMG about that guy! I think you're awesome for taking a picture of him! That is something I SO would have done too. What the heck does, 'You'll be fine" mean? What a nut job. Like Andy said, hope the flash was on
The sign totally cracked me up.
Yeah that guy was a jerk, at least watch the show if you are going to block my view!

Quote:
All caught up!

I never even thought to ask about retrieving a lost PP card. What a smart idea to have them look up your outfit. A tip I need to remember just in case.

I love your shoes btw!

That's cool that they have a Dumbo that you can sit in and get pictures! Where is it located?

I asked if they could help, figured if I knew where/when the last photo was taken they could help me figure it out.

Thanks on the shoes I LOVE them. New Balance makes a kid's wide that fits better than any other shoes I have tried!

That Dumbo is right between the two rides, tucked in a tent area.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #138
My sister's princess

After peeking around the big top, it was time to meet some characters! But on the way I stopped to look at the train!

While in line to meet Minnie and Daisy we spoke with a man about his daughter, and to the couple in front of us who had the most adorable children! I was very excited to meet Minnie in her pink sparkle outfit! Josh was excited to meet Daisy. She tries to take him from me every trip. Every single trip!

After our posing session, we decided to do another first! The Barn Stormer!

We enjoyed the ride a lot! Never realized how much get up and go it has! There are tons of hats under the track, so we werenít the only ones who didnít realize!

All this exploring took up a bit of time, and it was getting close to time for us to check in, so we started to head for the other side of Fantasyland.
Josh pointed out to me that the dwarfs on the wall are doing things that match the area they are in. Here is an example; these little guys are right outside of the Tea Cups!

And these little guys were right outside Bellís cottage!

We headed over to the area outside of Be Our Guest and heard the nice folks at the check in turn away about a million people.
You can read more about this dinner HERE in my dining review! But here is a quick recap.

We arrived a bit early, and were told we should wait to check in, because there was no way they would be able to seat us early. Once we checked in we had a short wait on the bridge before we headed in.

We shared the muscles to begin with

I also had a nice glass of bubbly!

We both chose the steak. Josh with fries, me with the macaroni.

For dessert I chose the chocolate cupcake, and Josh the chocolate puff pastry.

We were also lucky enough to have the Grey Stuff!!!

And we met the beast!

We stopped on the way out to check out the talking suits of armor!

They were very chatty!

I love that on the Photopass CD they give you a few fun Be Our Guest shots!

This had been a long day, and we knew the next few were going to be long too, so we headed back to get some sleep!

Steps taken - 22,605

Last edited by My sister's princess; 09-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #139
Britard
Mouseketeer

Wow! The whole Beast's castle area looks amazing!
So lucky that you were able to find your photos!
Love the report and can't wait for more.

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #140
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

What a fun update!

I'm hoping to eat here for lunch during our next trip, if we can get there early enough. Your meal looks terrific! Does everyone get a chance to carry the candelabra inside the restaurant?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #141
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Wow! The whole Beast's castle area looks amazing!
So lucky that you were able to find your photos!
Love the report and can't wait for more.
The whole area is so well done. It is worth eating there just to see! Glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
What a fun update!

I'm hoping to eat here for lunch during our next trip, if we can get there early enough. Your meal looks terrific! Does everyone get a chance to carry the candelabra inside the restaurant?
We did lunch later in the trip, so I have photos and info on that too! When we went someone from every family got to carry in the candelabra, not sure if that is how it is now
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #142
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
After peeking around the big top, it was time to meet some characters! But on the way I stopped to look at the train!
From a safe distance, right?

Quote:
We enjoyed the ride a lot! Never realized how much get up and go it has! There are tons of hats under the track, so we werenít the only ones who didnít realize!
It does, doesn't it. Unfortunately it is so short that it is more like get up and go and get off.

Quote:
We were also lucky enough to have the Grey Stuff!!!
That would be the highlight of the meal, right there.

Quote:
We stopped on the way out to check out the talking suits of armor!
Love those!

I read the dining review and I have to say that I can't wait to try dinner there. I haven't seen much about the beers available there. Did Josh like his?

You picked the cupcake that I had for lunch when we ate there. They just do the half price tour at lunch though. I never got the speech about using a spoon to eat it. I tore off the wrapper and stuffed my face.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #143
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Just catching up again.
When we went to the MK in the morning, they had little cars that you could get in and ride. I think the week you were there, it was part of the Disney Magic to ride the decorated trolleys. I am glad you enjoyed your adventure with the Trolley.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #144
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
From a safe distance, right?

I read the dining review and I have to say that I can't wait to try dinner there. I haven't seen much about the beers available there. Did Josh like his?

You picked the cupcake that I had for lunch when we ate there. They just do the half price tour at lunch though. I never got the speech about using a spoon to eat it. I tore off the wrapper and stuffed my face.
See dining reviews don't hurt! And I even stopped updating that for you! I will update it as I catch up!

Yeah that was a good cover for the wrappers, and we didn't get the talk later in the week when we did lunch either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Just catching up again.
When we went to the MK in the morning, they had little cars that you could get in and ride. I think the week you were there, it was part of the Disney Magic to ride the decorated trolleys. I am glad you enjoyed your adventure with the Trolley.
I wana ride a car someday!!! I had no idea that was part of the LTM. Our LTM sucked, I don't even remember what it was
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #145
My sister's princess

The next morning we were up and at it bright and early again thanks to our early night! Josh kept up on the news on the bus, and we headed to Epcot!

This is an amazing photo, however the half staff flag breaks my heart

On a side note I will say they were NOT doing a very good job at telling us where to go. We ended up in the paper ticket line for a while before we realized and moved to the correct line.

We stopped right inside to take a few photos!

On our way in we walked by this fun sight!

We made a quick walk to Soarin and grabbed these beauties!

While waiting for those Fastpasses we enjoyed a VERY yummy breakfast! (Sorry for the blurry photo)

We both LOVED this breakfast, you can read all about it HERE in my dining report!

After we ate we took a lovely boat ride, and got a peek at what we would be having for dinner!

It was then time to Soar!

On the way out we had a wonderful experience with the Disney Ducks!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #146
Britard
Mouseketeer

I am reading your dining report along with the TR and it is hard not to skip ahead on your dining report! But I am managing to control myself. Love your Captain EO shirt!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #147
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
See dining reviews don't hurt! And I even stopped updating that for you! I will update it as I catch up!
I never said they hurt. I'm just typically too lazy to go check them out. But I will say I haven't gone through all the comments there, just the updates... and I still don't know how Josh liked his Belgian Farmhouse Ale at BoG.

Looks like a great EPCOT morning. I guess maybe I should make sure I tone down the hate towards EO when I'm around you...

I'm glad to see you both representing the 80's though.

HEY, YOU GUYS!!!!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #148
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I am reading your dining report along with the TR and it is hard not to skip ahead on your dining report! But I am managing to control myself. Love your Captain EO shirt!
Thank you for the shirt love! I have stopped updating the dining report until I catch up to it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I never said they hurt. I'm just typically too lazy to go check them out. But I will say I haven't gone through all the comments there, just the updates... and I still don't know how Josh liked his Belgian Farmhouse Ale at BoG.

Looks like a great EPCOT morning. I guess maybe I should make sure I tone down the hate towards EO when I'm around you...

I'm glad to see you both representing the 80's though.

HEY, YOU GUYS!!!!
We got a lot of comments on our 80s ness LOL. Funny considering we were both born after EO came out

Josh's beer at BEO was good according to my notes, but when I just asked him about it, he couldn't remember it. I know in the moment he really enjoyed it!

DON'T HATE ON EO. I am DEVASTATED they are closing it

Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #149
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

I hate hate hate seeing flags at half. Especially at Disney Do you remember why it was at half??? All the flags around here were at half for a while after those 9 marines from here were killed in the training accident in Nevada.

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ
belleinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #150
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleinpink View Post
I hate hate hate seeing flags at half. Especially at Disney Do you remember why it was at half??? All the flags around here were at half for a while after those 9 marines from here were killed in the training accident in Nevada.
This was right after the Boston bombings. While we were down there they had the whole chase and shut down the city....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: