Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #16
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

I drove a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan for 11 yrs. I loved it . I just traded it in on a 2013 Honda Pilot. I miss my van . I should have listened to my husband and got a new one. I just didn't want to drive a mom mobile for another 5-10 yrs while I am still slightly young (I can dream about 41 being young!). I wanted style, not comfort and ease of use. Just make sure whatever you buy you really figure out if the seats are comfortable or not. The Pilot I bought has the stiffest, most uncomfortable seats, I really don't like them at all (neither do my kids). I think the Sienna looks more stylish than the other minivans, I would have bought one over another Chrysler, although I think they run about $5,000 more in price.
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
tessieg
Mouseketeer

We have had our sienna since 2002; it has 139,000 miles on it! We have always loved it! Also, it has required very little repair--- no more than $3000 since we've had it and that was stuff aging out--timing belt, batteries, gaskets, brakes, etc. Our only other expense has been tires a few times.
We will buy a new car in the next year and it will also be a Sienna.
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

We recently purchased a 2013 T and C Limited with the luxury group We are so happy with our choice. We went back and forth between the Honda Odyssey and the T&C . The T&C we have has black and gray interior, heated leather seats front and rear( not on the 3rd row) and we have stow and go seats too. We also have 3rd row DVD/Blu-ray and a sun/moon roof.

We chose the T&C because of the way it handled when it came to driving it. I love the back up camera, blind spot indicator and blue illumination. I also like that it can "park it's self" and the remote start is awesome. We also have the Push to start button installed so no more keys to lose. It does require that you have the key in the car ( anywhere) or the car beeps until it can locate the signal from the key.

We also opted for the navigation as well as the WiFi. The steering wheel is also heated. It was a great choice and fit for our family. Our Third row seat can also stow or fold down automatically or with a push of a button. It also reverses so you can "tailgate" from the back seat It also came with Two wireless headsets for the DVD/ Blu-ray. I can post you some pictures if you'd like. It's very roomy and the children are in love with it.

Ps, the heated seats works well when I have a backache

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
basketrn
Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

We have a 2011 Nissan Quest. We love it so far. Have had it for 3 years now with no problems so far. Has about 35000 miles on it. Has done 3 trips to FL and one trip to CT so far.
1986 - Off site, 6/2003 - CSR, 6/2005 - FW, 4/2006 - CBR, 8/2006 - SSR, 10/2006 - BWV, 4/2007 -SSR, 10/2007 - VWL, 4/2008 - SSR, 5/2009 - DCL & SSR, 10/2009 - SSR, 6/2010 - AKV, 12/2010 - SSR, 3/2011 - AKV/BCV & Dream, 12/2011 - DL, 6/2012 - BCV/Dream/AKV, 1/2013 - SSR, 9/2013 - OKW, 6/2014 - Wonder to Alaska, 10/2014 - AKV

basketrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #20
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

I have a 2010 town and country and I love it. I bought it end of year sale and got a great deal. It is fully loaded and was about $8000 less than the odyssey. I love the leather seats, the DVD package ( you can watch two different DVDs on the two screens which is great because my kids are not into the same things). I have the automatic doors and the backup camera which I love. What I don't like about it is it can't seat 8 like the odyssey and it doesn't have memory seating. I have no idea why they wouldn't have that feature and it drives me crazy but I would still buy this car again in a heartbeat! I plan to drive it until my 6 year old graduates from high school!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

We have a VW Routan, which is really a Chrysler T&C with VW name plates stuck on in a few places (might be something different about the suspension). And I mean, just a few places: open the hood and there are Chrysler symbols everywhere.

We bought it 2.5 year ago knowing it might soon be 'discontinued'. Why? Value. We got leather, Bluetooth, rear dvd system, satellite, back-up camera, power doors, etc, plus 3 years of included maintenance for $26,400....the Honda we looked at was $40,000. You could probably do better than us now since its truly been discontinued, but dealers still have some on their lot. An no real worries about parts being unavailable because its still/was a popular Chrysler model.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #22
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

I drive a 2003 Honda Odyssey, and plan on driving it another 10 years. Both of my parents have an Odyssey, as does my sister. All of my friends who have minivans have the Odyssey (one of them gets a new one every couple of years, and her DH owns his own auto shop). There is another shop in town that has a side business of selling used vehicles, and they now only sell Honda Odysseys.

I know you stated no Honda's, but I can't imagine why.
mjkacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #23
pocomom
Brr.....

I have had two Toyota Siennas, and loved them both. Only problems I had with either was the first one had a sliding door issue where it didn't open automatically anymore, which was user error due to the kids getting toys and such stuck in the tracks, and they both seem to burn through the first set of factory tires quick!
I had a massive accident in my new one. I hit a box truck head on, on the George Washington Bridge. (we were all going along ~55 mph, box truck stopped suddenly, car in front of me swerved to get out of way at last minute and had never hit the brakes, so once I could see the stopped truck I was only a couple car lengths away, there was no where for me to go but straight into him.) There is no question in my husband's little car we all would have been dead. Other than some bruising from our seat belts and an air bag mark we all walked away fine (guys in the truck were great no problems). All safety stuff worked as it should and the whole front end of the car crumpled. We didn't even have glass on us, as it shattered but stayed in the windshield. My son in his car seat actually thought it was fun and would tell me for weeks after to hit other trucks, lol.

So while I like the heated seats, the entertainment system, the AWD for our snow,the sliding doors and the way the seats fold down flat for cargo, I'm in love with my car because it did what it is supposed to and kept my family safe. And that piece of mind is priceless!

Last edited by pocomom; 04-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

In late 2006 we started looking for a minivan to replace our 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette (whihc we loved). We eliminated the Town and Country as the interior seemed cheap. We eliminated the Toyota because the seats in the front were not deep enough for our legs. We ended up buying a Honda which has been a great buy (it even had a GPS built in that wasn't something we'd intended to get). We got it in late November 2007 with a $6000 discount we saw advertised on TV. It was the last one they had. Keep your eyes open for deals on whatever you decide on.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja76 View Post
I have a 2010 town and country and I love it. I bought it end of year sale and got a great deal. It is fully loaded and was about $8000 less than the odyssey. I love the leather seats, the DVD package ( you can watch two different DVDs on the two screens which is great because my kids are not into the same things). I have the automatic doors and the backup camera which I love. What I don't like about it is it can't seat 8 like the odyssey and it doesn't have memory seating. I have no idea why they wouldn't have that feature and it drives me crazy but I would still buy this car again in a heartbeat! I plan to drive it until my 6 year old graduates from high school!

That feature plus the option to set your car temp and mirrors, radio stations and other accessories are now included on the 2013 model. It also let you set the steering wheel height and foot pedals too. It only allows you to set 2 drivers though

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
edk35
DIS Veteran

We have a 2008 FULLY LOADED Toyota Sienna with the leather seats and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Matter of fact...we traded a Town and Country a year after buying it brand new for this Sienna. We had a Grand Caravan prior to the Town and Country and drove that for over 10 years (we didn't trade it in for the Town and Country) but we put A LOT OF MONEY INTO IT. It had to have a new transmission after the extended warranty went out of course among other things. When we got the Town and Country we liked it...but then stuff started bugging me about it after a few months. It was just not as well made as our 1998 Grand Caravan had been as far as attention to detail. I could hear the wind whistling from the windows on the interstate. There was a couple of other annoyances so I just got rid of it and got the Sienna a year later and LOVE IT. We have had NO issues whatsoever with it. It is sooooo well made and to be honest seems new still. I say GO WITH THE SIENNA.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocomom View Post
I have had two Toyota Siennas, and loved them both. Only problems I had with either was the first one had a sliding door issue where it didn't open automatically anymore, which was user error due to the kids getting toys and such stuck in the tracks, and they both seem to burn through the first set of factory tires quick!
I had a massive accident in my new one. I hit a box truck head on, on the George Washington Bridge. (we were all going along ~55 mph, box truck stopped suddenly, car in front of me swerved to get out of way at last minute and had never hit the brakes, so once I could see the stopped truck I was only a couple car lengths away, there was no where for me to go but straight into him.) There is no question in my husband's little car we all would have been dead. Other than some bruising from our seat belts and an air bag mark we all walked away fine (guys in the truck were great no problems). All safety stuff worked as it should and the whole front end of the car crumpled. We didn't even have glass on us, as it shattered but stayed in the windshield. My son in his car seat actually thought it was fun and would tell me for weeks after to hit other trucks, lol.

So while I like the heated seats, the entertainment system, the AWD for our snow,the sliding doors and the way the seats fold down flat for cargo, I'm in love with my car because it did what it is supposed to and kept my family safe. And that piece of mind is priceless!
Glad you guys were all okay!! I love my Sienna too.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

We have a 2010 Dodge Caravan. We needed a van quickly and chose from a small inventory. Should have looked longer because it has not been the best. I really fight it to accelerate and it runs loud--has always done so. We get about 20 mpg highway.
We settled on it because it was about $8000 less than the Honda Odyssey. I know people who have them with over 200,000 miles so they are probably well worth it if you keep your car a long time.
Prior to it we had a 2004 Chevy Venture which was sooooo much better in all ways. Wish they still made them.
We have had a couple Ford Windstar/Freestars and the were both junk.
We have had other Caravans--two were very good and another needed a new transmission at 18,000 miles.
We have rented a Chevy Traverse which is a crossover. I looked into selling our Caravan and buying one but at 2 years my Caravan was not worth half of what we paid for it.
My vote would be a Chevy Traverse or a Honda Odyssey.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #29
reneaterry
Mouseketeer

I have a 2012 Sienna and love it. I've had it almost a year and have put 22,000 miles on it. I've had no problems and it's roomy enough for 6 people, 2 in cars seats. I liked mine so much my aunt went and bought one.
reneaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #30
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

We went with the Sienna. I got a good price on an xlt which is the lowest we could get with factory leather. I really like how the Sienna handles and that it's a Toyota sense we have always been lucky with them. I felt too closed in when driving the Honda even though I really thought it was going to be my favorite before I drove it.
I will pick it up tomorrow very excited.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: