Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein

Eveything? It's not all you can eat. Alcoholic drink? An extra snack? And what about tips?
I've already been corrected once earlier in this thread. I've already acknowledged my error.
And no it doesn't include souvenirs, either.
But thank so kindly for pointing out my poor choice of words once again, friend.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Dining board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
NC Disney Fan
Live long Disney Lover and visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpenny58 View Post
My family and I have gone to Disney tons of times but have always stayed at our time share, this is the first time that we will be staying on property. We are going Aug 24-31. We have two kids 11& 14. We are trying to decide if we should buy the dining plan or not. Can you please give us your opinions and reason on whether or not to buy or not to buy the dining plan. Thanks so much!
Just wanted you to know they opend Free dining to Disney Card Holders today for 9/2 - 9/25th. Are your travel date flexible? What normally happens now is that free dining will be opened up to everyone very soon. I've heard it rumored that it will be May 9th. If you could shift just a week, it will save you huge amounts of money!! Good luck.

Me (46), DH (50), DD (13), DD (11)
2007 All Star Movies,2008 All Star Movies, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Movies, 2012 Pop Century
2013 Port Orleans French Quarter 2014 Sept or Nov. Port Orleans French Quarter

1971-2000 30+ visits (as I was a FL resident)
NC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Our kids are similar ages, 10 and 12. This is the first trip we are going out of pocket rather than deluxe dining. Mostly because we know our younger DS won't be able to make a dent in an adult meal...and even with his eating us out of house and home, I am not sure the older one would be able to eat it all either. Combine that with 4 apps and 4 desserts and it's a lot. It made a lot more financial sense when we had 2 Disney children and even when one of them was a Disney adult. I also can't eat so much anymore (GERD problems) so ordering only what I really want will be great for me.

That said, it sure was nice to go to a lot of signatures when we did the deluxe plan. This trip we are only doing one signature, but I still think economically we will come out ahead.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #35
NC Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Our kids are similar ages, 10 and 12. This is the first trip we are going out of pocket rather than deluxe dining. Mostly because we know our younger DS won't be able to make a dent in an adult meal...and even with his eating us out of house and home, I am not sure the older one would be able to eat it all either. Combine that with 4 apps and 4 desserts and it's a lot. It made a lot more financial sense when we had 2 Disney children and even when one of them was a Disney adult. I also can't eat so much anymore (GERD problems) so ordering only what I really want will be great for me.

That said, it sure was nice to go to a lot of signatures when we did the deluxe plan. This trip we are only doing one signature, but I still think economically we will come out ahead.
Hey, when are you going? They just opened up free dining in Septmeber. Check it out if you can travel then! We have gone on free dining for years and love it!

2007 All Star Movies,2008 All Star Movies, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Movies, 2012 Pop Century

Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpenny58 View Post
My family and I have gone to Disney tons of times but have always stayed at our time share, this is the first time that we will be staying on property. We are going Aug 24-31. We have two kids 11& 14. We are trying to decide if we should buy the dining plan or not. Can you please give us your opinions and reason on whether or not to buy or not to buy the dining plan. Thanks so much!
You are all charged the adult dining price. Even by Disney's own advertising, the savings that you can realize on DDP for "adults" is pretty minimal...and this factoring in that you order the most expensive entrees, always want a drink with your meal, always want 4 desserts with your meal, etc.

I am guessing that you would be better off just putting the money in a bank account or on a gift card or whatever method you prefer, and eating how you would like to eat.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #37
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
I've already been corrected once earlier in this thread. I've already acknowledged my error.
And no it doesn't include souvenirs, either.
But thank so kindly for pointing out my poor choice of words once again, friend.
Wasn't my intention.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
amryn21
Mouseketeer

Can you use ts credits as cs credits? Not planning too but just curious as we may possibly be getting the DXDP plan this trip.
amryn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Disney Fan View Post
Hey, when are you going? They just opened up free dining in Septmeber. Check it out if you can travel then! We have gone on free dining for years and love it!
Unfortunately, we can't go in Sept...the kids start school August 26, we are going right before they go back.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #40
luckypup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancersucks View Post
Our thoughts on the Dining plan are that we would more than likely save money paying OOP (we don't do table service, just quick service) BUT we know we will say "well, I want the stake sandwhich, but it is $6 more than the hot dog, so I guess I will just have the hotdog." kinda thing. We like having it prepaid, and then getting whatever we want. It is just the simplicity and ease for us.
Agreed!! We do deluxe, but for all the same reasons.
BWI 5/11
POR 5/13

luckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #41
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypup View Post

Agreed!! We do deluxe, but for all the same reasons.
Same here, we're hopefully going to upgrade to deluxe dining this time and I'm doing the planning with that in mind(will cut it down if we end up on the regular DDP) and it's great to just be able to pick the restaurants we want with no regard for price. Same with choosing our food. If I knew at the end of the meal I was going to have to fork over the money for the meal I wanted, I would probably end up getting something cheaper. With the dining plan, it's already paid for so I don't have to worry about the cost in that moment.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #42
NC Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Unfortunately, we can't go in Sept...the kids start school August 26, we are going right before they go back.
How many absences do your kids get without too big of a repercussion? Our kids, 11 and 13 start school in August. We pull them out a month after we start to go. THey get 5 days of absences but since it is only a month after school starts, it is very unimpactful as most of what they are doing is still much review. By this time, there are rarely huge projects and not a ton of new material. I let the teachers know as soon as we start and try to get as much work as I can to do on the trip down. Last year we traveled with a family who had their girls do the work in the mornings before they left. The impact on grades was almost non-exisitant. Don't know if it can work for you but I'm telling you, getting dining for free is huge!

Also, even shifting your trip by about a month will mean cooler temps (and by cooler I mean 80's not 90's) and less crowds.

But if you are wanting that, book ASAP as I am sure it will book up. We checked on the values and to upgrade to the DDP versus the counterservice only that they are offering with value was actually more expensive than booking moderates. Therefore, for the first time ever, we are staying at a moderate. I am so excited. Is this your first time going?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: