Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I just might have to drive to target today
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
wiggles
Mouseketeer

So they will let you use your gift card to buy Disney gift cards? I wish I didn't live so far away from a Target...but then again, it has probably saved me money in the long run!
2006 Disney Magic & MNSSHP
2007 Disney Magic DH & I alone
2008 POP
2009 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

I have been to a few different Targets and done this deal a bunch of times. All the registers are set up to honor this now. These are not located with the regular toothpaste/toothbrushes. In my stores they were in the back of the store with all the bulk items - most of mine had their own endcap. You can scan these at their scanners and the correct ones will scan at $5.99 and it will say "Get $5 Gift Card with purchase".
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
secretpantssam
DIS Veteran

This worked at the Target in Neshminy PA. The girl at the register said "this seems like a mistake" every time the register told her to give me a gift card. I also bought extra to donate to a homeless shelter to spread the love!

What would Mickey do?
secretpantssam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!

My Target was completely out of the 3 packs of Crest toothpaste. I said something to the girl at the checkout, and she said someone earlier had come in and bought over 100 of them. She also told me the 2 packs of Colgate Optic White (the 5 oz tubes, not the 4 oz) would also work for the gift card. They ring up at 5.99, and each one gets you a $5 GC. I had some coupons for $1/2 and some for $1/1, so either free after GC or $0.50/2 pack. Either way, a great deal.
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #21
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Yeah - the Crest was gone at all my stores too. They had lots of Colgate 3 packs and the Colgate 2 packs plus toothbrushes & mouthwash.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #22
HD1
Earning My Ears

We went yesterday here in Central California. The, what seemed to be Assistant Manager knew what we were talking about when we asked her where the toothpaste was located. She found 2 on the shelf and said that was all they had and they would not be getting anymore cause of the ad confusion. We went to the little price checker box to make sure they were the right ones. The price checker informed us they were the right ones and that they had more in the stockroom. We then asked another associate if they could get us some more. She check her handheld computer and it indicated there were 8 more (1 case) in the stockroom. We asked for 6 more, as not to be too greedy, and took a total of 8 which got us $40.00 in gift cards! Wohoo! Happy Happy Happy!
HD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
bigmamimia
Mouseketeer

Sorry Jen in NH. Was this at the Somersworth or Greenland Target? It might have been me. Although It wasn't 100. Certainly seemed like it though. Closer to 15 at each store.
bigmamimia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Target stores in Spokane, WA are not honoring the ad and even have the correct signs posted ($5 gift card with purchase of 3).
Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #25
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Target stores in Spokane, WA are not honoring the ad and even have the correct signs posted ($5 gift card with purchase of 3).
Did you try the deal? From what I understand is that all the Target Stores were programmed to give a $5 Gift Card with each one purchased. I went on Sunday and it was not programmed and they gave it to me anyway but the manager said that corporate was fixing that . And when I went yesterday all 3 stores I went to - it worked just fine. Register prompted them to scan a gift card after each one purchased. Not sure how they can say they are not honoring it if it is in their machines corporate wide??
Old 04-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip OP.

I went to the Target here in PA and it worked great. I took the last 6 packs of toothbrushes! The cashier kept saying, "This has to be a mistake" every time she scanned a $5 gift card for me.

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
KristenCarll
Earning My Ears

Eeekkkkk mine worked! They are hidden in the back like previous poster said! I used my gift cards immediately on Disney gift card!

Living a fairytale. Married to my high school sweetheart, and enjoying life with my two beautiful little princesses

KristenCarll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Thanks OP!! I'm in Omaha and got 3 boxes. It didn't appear many knew of the sale because there were plenty of all kinds.

Does anyone know if I can use the gift cards to purchase more boxes? I didn't because I wasn't sure. I guess it sounds like there is no limit on these either?

I bought one at the pharmacy & when it worked ok, I bought 2 more at the front check out. I'm thinking about looking for some coupons and going back for more. DH uses sensitive only but the kids & I will use any kind.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
KristenCarll
Earning My Ears

Ack I didn't even think of that!!!! Hmmmm I wonder. I think the lady behind me went to grab the last of them! Darn! It's worth trying it for sure!

Living a fairytale. Married to my high school sweetheart, and enjoying life with my two beautiful little princesses

KristenCarll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #30
bigmamimia
Mouseketeer

You can use the gift cards to purchase anything. I used the ones I earned at one store to purchase more hygiene products that were on sale and to purchase more toothpaste at another Target.
bigmamimia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: