DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

there's wear and tear in most of the DVC villas. They are not deluxe, they are spacious and accommodating.

We stayed at BCV in 2009, 2010, and bought DVC in 2011. We have stayed at AKV (Kidani & Jambo) , BLT (1 night), BWV, and have visited VWL. We have never been to SSR or OKW.

We stayed at BCV again last November. We just returned from a week's stay yesterday, again at BCV. We're going back for 10 days in October. We probably won't ever stay anywhere else except for a night or two. The pool is great, the resort grounds are amazing, and the location is unbeatable. We love it. The CM's are also great.

I'm of the opinion that picking a DVC resort for the room is missing the forest for the trees. The BCV rooms are not huge, they can be a bit worn (not dirty), but we stay there for everything else. Outside of sleeping, 98% of our time is spent OUTSIDE the room, so that's my criteria. I know some people do spend a lot of time in the room, not us.

From the moment we step on the property we are thrilled to be there. While I respect others opinions and realize everybody has their favorites, I would certainly recommend that the OP stays at BCV and makes the decision for yourself, don't base it on Tripadvisor or some online reviews. It's a spectacular property and you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

We stayed BCV once on BLT points, weren't big fans of the room (1BR layout and decor) compared to BLT and VB, and then bought a 150 point contract there after our stay (and have stayed 2 or 3 times again since). We loved being so close to Epcot and the BW. We actually found the pool mostly just OK compared to the others. The room decor isn't that bad for us - we do like BLT better. But BCV is " fine" fine us.
Snurk71 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

We stayed BCV once on BLT points, weren't big fans of the room (1BR layout and decor) compared to BLT and VB, and then bought a 150 point contract there after our stay (and have stayed 2 or 3 times again since). We loved being so close to Epcot and the BW. We actually found the pool mostly just OK compared to the others. The room decor isn't that bad for us - we do like BLT better. But BCV is " fine" us.
Snurk71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Is BCV in need of refurbishment? Yes
Is it dirty? No

Keep in mind that the reason it is a bit "tired" is because it is such a fantastic resort in terms of location and SAB. I recently returned from a stay at SSR. Overall, (since you asked!) it is in much better condition than BCV. But the pool area isn't nearly as fun/nice as SAB and you can't walk to Epcot. So it depends on what's important to you!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate your perspectives!!

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #21
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

adding in another $.02:
every single DVC resort has gotten "dirty" reviews at one time or another.

there are too many truly wonderful things about the BCV that i wouldn't worry (remember that even a worse case scenario would require a simple a call to housekeeping).
enjoy
Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Sarah Millar01
Mouseketeer

A fabulous experience every time - not a bad word to say!
Sarah Millar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #23
gdrj
DIS Veteran

nm

Last edited by gdrj; 04-30-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: misread original post oops!
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I was disappointed in our last stay there, Dec. 2011. Our room was badly worn. It was clean but had that shabby look to it.

Several things were broken and major stains on couch and carpet.

We had stayed one night at the Yacht club before checking in and the difference was upsetting.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #25
wdwlver
DIS Veteran

BCV is our home resort and we stay there at least once a year. Just love it. Rooms have always been in good condition have never had an issue. Love the location, SAB.....best corner of wdw in my opinion. Will be back 7/11. Can't wait!

Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

I know we are talking about the villas but it sounds alot like what people say about the hotel rooms of Grand Californian! Rooms are worn out BUT the LOCATION is the best!
BCV has beem my home since 2008 and yes it's a little worn out in the rooms but it ALSO has the BEST location & the property overall has lots of charm!!!
hjgaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #27
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Everyone is looking for different things when they stay at a resort. I know OKW has the larger rooms but with the exception of DTD, you have to bus it to everywhere. Us, we LOVE BCV. The location is the best - 5 minute walk to EPCOT, the atmosphere is so relaxing, proximity to BW, EPCOT, DHS. The BC/YC/BW and the S&D have a great selection of restaurants. Pool is great, service is great. Resort feel. As pp, we spend most of our time out of the room and when we come "home" the bed is comfortable, the shower water is hot.

Can the rooms use updating or refurbishing - yes
Dirty - no
The grounds are kept beautiful and well maintained.

I definitely recommend BCV.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
spruce
DIS Veteran

BCV is one of 3 home resorts we own (okw, bwv are the other 2), the only thing I don't like about bcv is that it was an add on resort so the building was made to fit on the property available. Other than being shoehorned in, it is very popular and usually always full so it is used hard and shows it sometimes.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

BCV is my home resort. We bought there because of location and the pool. We love the area and the convenience of getting to Epcot and Studios.

However, out of the places we have stayed since becoming members, it is my least favorite. :/ Which was, needless to say, disappointing the first time.

BCV needs updating IMO. First thing I noticed while walking to the rooms is that the carpet in the hallway was old looking, tattered and stained terribly almost everywhere. I remember thinking to myself, "Gosh, I'm surprised this looks like this. This is not 'Disney standards' ". So I can see why people say "dilapidated". The room itself was ok. I've never walked into any of the rooms and been disappointed. But again, you just have that "old and used" feeling.

So I do agree that it needs updating and a facelift. But overall we love that area and the pool.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
pharmlivin
Mouseketeer

Might be straying but

I find it unsettling that any DVC property would be viewed as worn, dirty, or otherwise "not up to Disney standards"-especially the poster who said that the DVC room was not nearly as nice as the hotel side room. As a DVC owner I also feel disturbed by this difference in upkeep. I know it is a timeshare-I own other timeshares as well, but I for one am willing to pay higher MFs if need be (and to a practical limit) to keep the rooms up to a certain standard with updated furnishings and properly cleaned. I think DVC properties should be the nicest, not the most neglected or the last to be updated. I realize the "Home Away From Home" concept offers more opportunity for wear and tear but reading reviews of substandard rooms always makes me reconsider my ownership-haven't bailed yet though-
pharmlivin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: