Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
disneysnob
Mouseketeer

Have fun!! We've done it many times....our kids love it! Debating whether to go again this trip

'76-'84-CR '88-Vistana Resort '92-Offsite
'00-WL '02-GF
'04-CR & Vistana Resort '06-OKW/CR & Vistana Resort
'07-SS & Vistana Resort '08-GF & Vistana Villages
'10-CR & Vistana Resort
disneysnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #17
dizzwizz
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me if there are any loud noises in this show (like cap guns, balloons popping, etc?) We have a family member who jumps at anything like that and dreads shows knowing loud sounds are forthcoming. Thanks for the info. in advance!
dizzwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
AaronInWI
Mouseketeer

I'll echo what just about everyone else is saying and give it a glowing recommendation. We did it last September for the first time, and it was one of the highlights of the trip. As for the category, we booked category 3 (balcony), but I'm assuming it was a slow night because we were upgraded to category 2 (rear floor). The floor was great, but I could see the balcony having its benefits if you don't care about interaction and want to look down on the action.

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
AaronInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

I can't wait to go. Just made reservation for October. I'm in the everyone should try it once category as well.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
sophia0121
Earning My Ears

Hoop De Do was fine, but not excellent. the food is good, but not astounding. The entertainment was fine, but it had nothing to do with Disney. My family prefers Mickey's Backyard BBQ, which was a lot more fun, more Disney-themed, and had way better food. It's also more fun for younger kids, where as at HDD, you have a show geared towards older kids and adults. You'll still have a great time at Hoop De Do, but I would recommend the Backyard BBQ.
sophia0121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

We did the HDDR on our trip in Sept 2012. It was pretty cool. One of my wife's friends was picked to be the Can Can girl. I've got a pretty funny video of it. We plan on going back in Nov 2013 with some more of my wife's friends. Hoping to get one of them up on stage.

We were Cat 2 seating and we were on the DxDP. Not sure if that is normal or not but it was not a full show so they may have moved us to fill in around the stage better. Either way there didn't look to be a bad seat in the place. The food was pretty good and my wife ate one strawberry shortcake all by herself. She is a fairly small woman (5'4", 110 lbs) and the strawberry shortcake could feed a small country for a day or two.

We really enjoyed drinking our beverages out of the mason (Ball) jars. I drank a beer or two and my wife had wine. We made our own Hidden Mickey since the beer glass was slightly larger than the wine glasses.

After all of my ramblings I would recommend doing the HDDR to anyone that has not done it. It may not be for everyone but we sure had a good time.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: