Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #76
PPink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
This may be a little off topic, but am I the only one who is grossed out by the staff cutting up food for my children and this past cruise they tried to do it for ME!

As a health professional, I think a great way for disease to be spread around a ship quickly is to have the servers touching everyone's silverware. I guess someone has to touch it when they set the table, but please, once the food is on the table - HANDS off.

Every now and then I become a curmudgeon again...
Ha - That would be me. I find the whole concept little off.
PPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #77
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30 View Post
If you really want to get your servers up in arms, plan a Palo dinner for the last night of the cruise, and have your kids dine up on the pool deck. I did this, quite innocently, and boy oh boy did we get the cold shoulder at breakfast on departure day. We pretty much had to beg for food, while everyone else around us was doted on.

I have to say, with the exception of that Palo dinner, and a few nice breakfasts & lunches at Royal Palace, We were pretty underwhelmed by our dining experience on the Fantasy. It got off to a bad start because of inconsiderate table mates who couldn't make it to the dining room in time for dinner, and relatively inexperienced servers who couldn't properly service the table because of it. We had to beg to be moved to a "private" table after the first few nights. Even then our new servers, while better than our first servers, didn't seem to give us the same kind of attention that the tables around us were getting. We were always the last ones in the dining room... on the 2nd night at Animators Palette, we never even got our placemats back. That last breakfast was just icing on the cake. And if I didn't have two kids and a bunch of luggage to maneuver off the ship, I might have actually gone up to guest services to adjust my tips. OP, suffice it to say that we were not wowed with DCL dinner service like most people.
Been there. Especially the last night Palo thing. I was wondering when you tipped. Because I sent DH to the dining room to tip our servers during our late night seating, even though our family was not there. The right thing to do. Still got the the same treatment as you, but we couldn't care less....we were killing time. Ten minutes for a coffee refill...cool. I'll just sit and watch.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: