Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Our school district fixed this by busing all the students to the prom. You are not allowed to show up in a limo or you will not be allowed in. Everyone comes to the school and then get put on buses. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Our school district fixed this by busing all the students to the prom. You are not allowed to show up in a limo or you will not be allowed in. Everyone comes to the school and then get put on buses. Seems to have fixed the problem.
This is what my HS has been doing for years. Prom takes place at a separate location (usually downtown about 30 mins from school). Everyone wanting to attend prom arrives at the HS for the grand march and introductions (they decorate the auditorium and have a pianist playing the prom song and everyone walks the stage for pictures). Then everyone boards coach buses that were decorated by the middle schoolers. When you get to the prom location, everyone sits and dinner starts (catered buffet dinner). Then there is dancing, etc. After prom you have the choice to go back to the HS or head to post prom (sober party held usually at bowling alley where they set up poker tables, various activities, food, etc).

I believe tickets were $110 a couple, which covered bus, food, and prom itself. I think post prom was an extra $10 per person.
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Eh, whatever. I can understand why he did it.

I don't see the point in blasting it all over Facebook.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

The limo driver my son had last night got all the parents and kids together before they loaded up into the limo and reminded them of the no alcohol rule on the contract we all signed.

I was glad for that. Although our group didn't bring anything other than the girls having teeny purses, I thought it was a good thing for the driver to do.

He told me that the previous night a few of the teens he was driving showed up with flasks/water bottles with alcohol in them (he checked per the contract) and he had to have the parents take them away before he would leave the school.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
Candleinthewind
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaE View Post
Eh, whatever. I can understand why he did it.

I don't see the point in blasting it all over Facebook.
He vented on his personal page and not his business page, but I think he should have on hits business page.

It lets clients know he is serious about his policy. Good for him!
Candleinthewind is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: