Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #31
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

U2 in 1987 during the Joshua Tree tour. I was in the pit and the show was the best I had ever seen-and during the encore Bruce Springsteen came out and they played a song together! This was in the old JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, where the US portion of Live Aid was played. It was packed to the gills.

Awesome show! How well I remember during the summer camping out overnight for the tickets outside, and my parents embarrassing me by walking there with my puppy to check up on me while I was trying to be cool.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #32
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

I have a 4 way tie....

Queen
Elton John
Rod Stewart
Paul Simon
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #33
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Grand Opening Concert - unreal to see Chuck Berry and Bruce Springsteen on the same stage (at the same time), then add in John Mellencamp, Aretha Franklin, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Kinks, Johnny Cash, Booker T and the MGs, Parliament Funkadelic, George Clinton...I can't even remember half of the folks there. What a great concert!

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
hiwaygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Just having a look at Jones Beach Summer schedule...

So what is YOUR #1 concert that you have seen?

RUSH Time Machine - is mine. So many tie for 2nd but that concert was incredible.

I agree!! Before I even opened this thread, I was going to say the same thing. Time Machine has been my absolute favorite concert! We got free box seats from DH's work and it was incredible! I would have gladly paid a lot of money to see them. I had forgotten how much Rush we listened to back in college until I heard all the songs I remembered.

Second would be the Stones. We camped out overnight for tickets back in college & it was held in our stadium. So much fun!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #35
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
U2 in 1987 during the Joshua Tree tour. I was in the pit and the show was the best I had ever seen-and during the encore Bruce Springsteen came out and they played a song together! This was in the old JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, where the US portion of Live Aid was played. It was packed to the gills.

Awesome show! How well I remember during the summer camping out overnight for the tickets outside, and my parents embarrassing me by walking there with my puppy to check up on me while I was trying to be cool.
I was just coming here to post that the Joshua Tree tour was my favorite too. First real concert, junior high, friends grown brother chaperoned a whole slew of shrieking 13 year olds...poor guy. I still remember like it was yesterday crying hysterically (again, 13!) when the band's silhouettes went walking across the red screen to the opening of Where the Street's Have No Name The concert we were at was the one where they filmed the duo with BB King for the Rattle and Hum movie. And of course, being that age I didn't have a CLUE who that was, lol!
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

I went to a lot of concerts in the 80's, several in the 90's, and only a few in the 00's:

80's: Hard to pick just one- Def Leppard at the Omni in ATL was awesome, and REM at a free show in Athens, GA on the UGA campus was pretty great, too.

90's: Indigo Girls at Chastain Ampitheater. Amazing- the venue is wonderful and brings out the best in most performers.

00's: Hands down best was Elvis Costello and the Imposters at a small venue in Charlotte. Seeing him up close and doing all his old favorites was just unforgettable.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Rush - Vapor Trails Tour, 2002

Awesome!!!!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by branv View Post
I was just coming here to post that the Joshua Tree tour was my favorite too. First real concert, junior high, friends grown brother chaperoned a whole slew of shrieking 13 year olds...poor guy. I still remember like it was yesterday crying hysterically (again, 13!) when the band's silhouettes went walking across the red screen to the opening of Where the Street's Have No Name The concert we were at was the one where they filmed the duo with BB King for the Rattle and Hum movie. And of course, being that age I didn't have a CLUE who that was, lol!
I remember Bono walking out on stage and me bursting into tears, too. I was a complete Bono fanatic- I even had a mullet haircut like the one he had in the early 80s. God, I loved him.

The other best thing about that concert was that when I was leaving the stadium, I found a thick gold chain on the ground, and with no way to find the owner I wound up selling it the next week-so my concert turned out to be free and then some!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #39
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Marshall Tucker Band in 1986 at the Westport Playhouse in STL. Advertised as "accoustically perfect" the playhouse seated just a few hundred with a slowly rotating stage in the center of the room. I was in 4th row over a dressing room entry, so ther were no rows 1-3 in front of me. amazing show!

Best stadium show was probably Boston in 1987. Also saw Sammy Hagar in 2002 with Montrose. The Hagar part of the show was so-so (and we've seen Sammy several times, this was the weakest), but Montrose was terrific.

Pleasant surprises were Arlo Guthrie (also at Westport Playhouse) and Foo Fighters. FF was long after I'd outgrown any desire to go to a big venue concert, and I wasn't really a fan going in, but they were great!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #40
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzwizz
Tina Turner on her Private Dancer tour in 1985.
I saw that one too! One of my favorites!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #41
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Willie Nelson

Every single one of them.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #42
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

The Beatles - RFK Stadium August 15, 1966. Tickets $3, $4, $5.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #43
dsny1mom
DIS Veteran

Large venue: Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour front row. We were so close to Mick we could count the wrinkles on his face. lol

Small venue: Beach Boys in California Adventure on Paradise Pier in the front row. To be sitting in a Disney park and seeing my all time favorite band was insanely amazing. Actually they were performing there 2 nights and we had front row seats two nights back to back. Just thinking about those two shows gives me goose bumps. ::sigh::

dsny1mom
dsny1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #44
windycitymom
DIS Veteran

Bruce Springsteen hands down!

I first saw Bruce in 1979 (Darkness on the Edge of Town tour) and have seen him on every tour since including his most recent Wrecking Ball tour. He plays for 3 to 3.5 hours every time. His connection with his audience is legendary.
windycitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #45
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

We are huge concert lovers. I have seen many of the shows listed in this thread. But, I have to say Depeche Mode was my favorite concert. Mostly for the nostalgia factor.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: