Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

I wish disney would allow you to modify resort changes online!!!!!

It would save them a lot of work!!!
Ranchfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
JeannieKY
Tink fan

That would be so wonderful!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

I agree....I hate calling every time!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I agree...I am so indecisive and I feel like I am on the phone with them every other day. I have taken to calling them late at night so I don't have to wait on hold.

I also find it frustrating that the automated system will ask you tons of questions and it doesn't seem to bring anything up for the rep and you have to do it all over with them again.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post

I also find it frustrating that the automated system will ask you tons of questions and it doesn't seem to bring anything up for the rep and you have to do it all over with them again.
Agreed! Now I just say "agent" right away.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Not going to happen, way to many intangibles to have a program do it. You can be changing from a resort with a 30% discount to one with only a 25 % discount, or a higher discount or no discount or, or ,or.... Plus; in a lot of cases they have to cancel your ressie and create a new one.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Not going to happen, way to many intangibles to have a program do it. You can be changing from a resort with a 30% discount to one with only a 25 % discount, or a higher discount or no discount or, or ,or.... Plus; in a lot of cases they have to cancel your ressie and create a new one.
Exactly. How frustrating would it be to go through a whole bunch of inputting your info, only to be told you had to call anyway? Because you had to cancel your current reservation, there was no way to modify it?

Also, they probably know how indecisive people can be, and are trying to limit the number of changes by making you have to call. They probably don't want people changing their reservation daily--I want a theme park view, no wait, I want a lagoon view, wait I want to stay at the Beach Club, no now the Contemporary really appeals to me.......
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

I agree! I love to tinker with my reservations

I must say, though, that I have made 3 changes to my online res. in the last couple of weeks and the phone system each time has been MUCH better/quicker than in the past
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

I agree. It would be great to be able to modify online, but if that perk is not ever going to be made available, then it would be nice if those that want to, could just cancel their reservation (before penalty time) and then be able to start over with a new reservation, online. I'd love that.
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
MuchLovedMama
Mouseketeer

I would LOVE IT if we could do that. I book for others quite often as well so it would be very helpful for me. Wishful thinking though.
1998 - Offsite
2000 - CBR
2008 - POP (first trip with the kids)
2010 - POP
2012 - AoA
Upcoming ???
MuchLovedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Why do you want Disney to change a system that would cost the consumer more money (because they have to pass it along to the consumer) because you cannot make up your mind?

You do realize that Disney is a profit making business that has to satisfy stockholders?

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Why do you want Disney to change a system that would cost the consumer more money (because they have to pass it along to the consumer) because you cannot make up your mind?

You do realize that Disney is a profit making business that has to satisfy stockholders?
Just a light-hearted vent. Chill.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
alisha123
Mouseketeer

Wow and I thought I was the only one that was indecisive and constantly thought about things I wanted to add to or change on my reservation. So nice to know I'm not alone. I have been making a small list and was told to wait till about 10 days out to call and ask for a specific area of the hotel and I can also fax the request straight to the hotel. We leave in 54 days any thoughts on when I should start making any small requests I may have??
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha123 View Post
Wow and I thought I was the only one that was indecisive and constantly thought about things I wanted to add to or change on my reservation. So nice to know I'm not alone. I have been making a small list and was told to wait till about 10 days out to call and ask for a specific area of the hotel and I can also fax the request straight to the hotel. We leave in 54 days any thoughts on when I should start making any small requests I may have??
Whenever I call, I make sure to tell the CM on the line to re-check that my requests are in the system (they always say 'we can't guarantee any special requests). At the 10 day mark, when you check in online, you can usually click and choose specific buildings at your resort (still being told no guarantee). Just keep bugging them. I've always gotten all my special requests.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

They are currently changing their whole website and a variety of things. They've been doing it for months now. Why not add something like the ability to modify?

To a previous poster...you can do online checkin at 60 days out now...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: