Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer

Crazy idea???

Hi! I'm hoping you all can offer advice on whether my plan is doable. We are doing a last minute (well for us at least) trip to FL to celebrate our daughters HS graduation. We are usually disney folks but she wants to do universal.

We are driving overnight snd will arrive in orlando around 7:00 am sat 6/8. I found a great rate ($97/nt) for 3 nights at the doubletree across the street. Then we are moving to Disney for 4 nights

I'm second guessing my planning and want to spend one night onsite at US to get the express passes and all for 2 days. But it would mean switching hotels twice instead of once. Is it worth the hassle during the first part of June for the percs? This one night is over 200 more a night, so staying onsite all 3 nights is not in the budget.

We have not been to UNiv studios since 1991 so I have no clue. Please advise what you think.

Thanks so much!
Disney Vacation at CSR - March 2008
Disney Vacation at CBR - October 2001

me DH, DD17 DD6
sharon_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Did you price three nights onsite with stay more save more discount?
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
derekburgan
Mouseketeer

Definitely worth it. Once you tour with an unlimited express pass you'll wonder how you did any theme park without one.
derekburgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Definitely worth it!

We'll be down there May 10th-20th. I had originally booked the full ten nights over at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party. The plan was to drive back and forth to Universal for three days. However, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to spend a couple nights onsite at Universal. But booking through a third party I could not change my BC ressie, so woud be paying for two different resorts on the nights we stayed at Universal . I finally made the decison to stay onsite for two nights at Universal anyway, to get Express Pass, early entry into Ioa, and just to have a place to go back to and crash during the day if we got tired. We love being close enough to just walk back and forth during the day. The condo we have booked over at Bonnet Creek will just have to sit empty those three days. I booked the Universal room using an AP discount and got a good enough deal on it ($164.00/night) and a good enough deal on the Bonnet Creek condo ($89.60/night) that I don't mind leaving the condo vacant for a couple of nights. I still saved money over what I would have spent if had booked a room at Disney for the whole ten nights. We are going May 10th-20th, which is no where near as busy a time as you are going in June. No way would I go in June and not stay onsite.

Last edited by aubriee; 05-06-2013 at 10:24 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post
Did you price three nights onsite with stay more save more discount?
I didn't even see that special, but when I checked it out you have to stay 4 or more nights during the dates we'll be there. Thanks for the tip for everyone to look at something like that.

me DH, DD17 DD6
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

If you purchase the Doubletree in a package with tickets through https://www.universalorlando.com/Vac...w-to-book.aspx at least you will get early admission each day that you have tickets for!

Another thing, if one of you gets an annual pass ($280) you can book the Portofino Bay hotel for $224/night. That might be another way to look at things depending on how much you are looking to spend.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer

I booked one night at royal pacific. I hope it works out to be worth it, but in June I have it will. Thanks everyone for you input and expert advice. If it wasn't for DIS I would have waited all the lines and not seen everything!

me DH, DD17 DD6
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_wv View Post
I booked one night at royal pacific. I hope it works out to be worth it, but in June I have it will. Thanks everyone for you input and expert advice. If it wasn't for DIS I would have waited all the lines and not seen everything!
Oh it will be worth it. After you stay onsite and don't have to wait it will be hard waiting at other parks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: