Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

MUST DO ATTRACTIONS

Dinosaur:

This is the ride I’m looking forward to most at AK! Everything about it is just amazing, the theming (Dinsosaurs rock!), the speed, the darkness, animatronics - even the lil pre-show makes me laugh every time! We’re always quoting from it at home ‘that’s definitely not our Dino / we’re not gonna make it! etc’ so gonna ride this one lotsa times!!!

Expedition Everest:

Got to ride it for the first time in 2011 after much antipication so am looking forward to it again and I know my mum will love it. Great coaster and great theming.

Kilimanjaro Safari:

This is the one my mum is looking to the most, she always talks about this one and we love it too.

Finding Nemo The Musical:

I had such an overwhelming ‘i-can’t-believe-we’re-actually-here-in-Florida’ teary feeling when I watched this, even the cheesy songs got me, loved it so much.

MUST EATS:

Flame tree BBQ:

Heard really good things about this so this is on our list of must eats

Yak and Yeti:

The counter service here is supposed to be pretty good too so will probably check this out.

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #32
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Thanks for reading Claire, ooh have you started a PTR? Would love to have a read. Yay for mums wanting to go on holiday! I will make sure I write home a lot about OKW as I'm excited to be staying there

Sorry, I've only just seen this! I haven't done a PTR I'd like to do a TR when we're back though. Not long and we'll be there!!! Haven't been since 2005 so I'm excited to see what has changed.
You report reminded me that I need to make Mousekeeping envelopes so thank you!
Claire Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #33
westgrove
Mouseketeer

I love your envelopes!

Only a month away on your ticker 'til you go to WDW - it seems so quick. I'll look forward to reading your TR when we're counting down the days.

I've never been to DLP but I think that we might sneak in a visit in 2014 (hopefully around Nov/Dec). We'll be saving for a mortgage after this hol so budget will be less. Also, I'd really like to go to a Disney park when it's all Christmassy!

There are a few things we missed in WDW on my first visit last year inc. Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur so I'll remedy that this time! Is Dinosaur a bit like the Indiana Jones rides?

I'm a wimp so never went on any big coasters etc in either DLC or WDW so I'm hoping to man up a bit this time
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
westgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #34
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
I love your envelopes!

Only a month away on your ticker 'til you go to WDW - it seems so quick. I'll look forward to reading your TR when we're counting down the days.

I've never been to DLP but I think that we might sneak in a visit in 2014 (hopefully around Nov/Dec). We'll be saving for a mortgage after this hol so budget will be less. Also, I'd really like to go to a Disney park when it's all Christmassy!

There are a few things we missed in WDW on my first visit last year inc. Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur so I'll remedy that this time! Is Dinosaur a bit like the Indiana Jones rides?

I'm a wimp so never went on any big coasters etc in either DLC or WDW so I'm hoping to man up a bit this time
Thank you! I had fun trying to print them (it wanted to leave an area blank I guess for sticking a stamp on) so got through a few before I got them right

I know it's gone crazily fast the last few months, I don't know where it's gone! I will miss the planning when it's over so gonna try and go all out the last month. Glad to have you onboard for the TR when I come to it.

Yes you have to go to DLRP around christmas time - there's something truly magical about DLRP in the winter that you don't get in the other parks - they make it snow on Main Street, play christmassy music and the hot chocolate is amazing, you gotta go!

I know what you mean about mortgages, we sorted ours just a year ago now and we're only just starting topping up the savings account again now. We're now saving for the wedding!

You will love Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur! Dinosaur is pretty similar to Indiana Jones so if you like that, I'm sure you'll love this. It's tucked out the back of AK so a lot of people don't really know it's there. It's my fav ride in AK I'm a bit of a wimp with things that drop suddenly, that's why I'm not a fan of Tower of Terror but give me a coaster any day. Look forward to reading more of your PTR!

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #35
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
Thanks for reading Claire, ooh have you started a PTR? Would love to have a read. Yay for mums wanting to go on holiday! I will make sure I write home a lot about OKW as I'm excited to be staying there

Sorry, I've only just seen this! I haven't done a PTR I'd like to do a TR when we're back though. Not long and we'll be there!!! Haven't been since 2005 so I'm excited to see what has changed.
You report reminded me that I need to make Mousekeeping envelopes so thank you!
Thanks for reading Claire, glad to have been of some help. Would love to read your TR if you do one

Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #36
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

LOOK WHAT TURNED UP TODAY....

Was a lovely treat to get when I got home from work today, got very excited! I'm just about to start sticking things in my journal as I feel like I'm in a planning mood tonight

It's also 1 month to the day we fly so we would just be getting there now, ahhhh so exciting!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #37
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Im so excited for you!! That Disney envelope... how is it an envelope can make so many people so happy?! Hehe!! Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Im so excited for you!! That Disney envelope... how is it an envelope can make so many people so happy?! Hehe!! Xx
Thanks Steffi, I know it's like the best type of post ever. I'm old school as well, I like having actual tickets / vouchers - couldn't imagine not getting mickey mail, all part of the excitement!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #39
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

I'm a kid, I love getting mail! We're planning for our wedding at the moment and no one will send me a brochure! Its all e-brochures!

Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

ANYONE UP FOR SOME DANCING?!?!

Eeeeeeee so excited! This time next week I will have finished work until September!

Last edited by Sarah28; 08-11-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #41
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

I'll be doing the same dance tomorrow!!! It's almost here! Woohoo!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #42
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!!!
I hope you have an action packed week coming up to keep the time ticking over!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #43
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

OTHER MUSTS:

Well we're down to only 4 days to go and I thought I best finish this PTR before we go! My planning journal is all up to date (apart from printing the last minute park hours), I finally feel ready for this! After over 400 days waiting, it's nearly here, I can't believe it!

MUST VISIT:

Visit Wedding Pavilion / Grand Floridian

Disney is a big part of our lives, and a very special proposal at the Haunted Mansion was the start of our happily ever after. When we discussed our Wedding plans, neither of us want a large Wedding as we aren’t big party people or ones who love to be the centre of attention. What we do want is something truly magical to start the rest of our life together with our closest family, so ever since, I have been obsessed with the idea of a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding.

We aren’t ready to start to official planning / paying deposits yet as we’re still saving and want to give people enough notice (hoping 2016 will be our year!) but we’ve pretty much decided that our venues will be the Wedding Pavilion and Whitehall Room and Patio in the Grand Floridian. So the plan is to go and have a nose at these venues in person to make sure we’re happy with them as I’ll be more confident booking these if I’ve seen them for real. Very exciting!!!

MUST EATS:

Mickey waffles

No trip to WDW is complete without Mickey Waffles, nom nom!

Funnel Cake

I've never actually tried this but heard / seen so much about it so really want to make the most of my snack credits and try one of these.

Earl of Sandwich

I had my first experience of these in DLRP a few weeks back and now I'm hooked! The Hawaiian BBQ is my favourite, can't wait to have another one of these!

Mickey Bar

Another Disney holiday tradition that has to be done! It tastes so much better only because it's Mickey shaped! I'm gonna use the snack credits up too quickly...

MUST BUYS:

Apart from any Haunted Mansion / Alice in Wonderland / Nightmare before Christmas / Halloween pins I may come across, there's a few things I have my eye on...

Haunted Mansion goodies

I have a feeling I will be spending a few $$$ here at Madame Leota's Cart outside Haunted Mansion. I would like another few t shirts or so, and there's quite a few things I have seen on Disneystore site like this lovely cushion...

Disney Dooney and Bourke Bag

I'm addicted to these beautiful bags (currently have 3 bags and 1 wristlet) so am hoping to add to the collection this trip. I love the new sketch print (even if it is a bit too white for my wardrobe!) so will be looking out for this bag possibly - I may have to see how big the others are in real life as this one might be a bit small. I love Disney shopping!!!

Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

I dread to think what I'll buy when I'm there, I spent $400 last time I went on this first day in The World of Disney. I remember I bought a Pal Mickey, t-shirts, a poster, some pens, aerial toppers, a jumper, a blanket, some stickers and who knows what else!
Think I'm going to be getting too excited to sleep in a couple of days, I'm already struggling!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #45
westgrove
Mouseketeer

I like the cushion!

We really like EoS. You might find the wdw even better. We went to the London one and it was good but just not quite as good so looking forward to that.

I want to try funnel cake too.

When we got married I had never been to Disney. We had a super vegas wedding but if I could pick ahain I think Id like a Disney wedding!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: