Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
goofyskip
Earning My Ears

Photopass+

Just bought PPP. What do others think hope I didn't waste my money.
goofyskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Mouseketeer

I bought it yesterday. I think I was just excited at having saved $800 with free dining. Hopefully we'll hear some good things about it. Does anyone know if it can be refunded if I change my mind? (Before the trip)
120304 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

We did photopass plus last year and already ordered it for the next trip. We got 800 photos and I even got to be in some! We did several meals that the photos would have been separate and a handful of rides. To me it was totally worth it. Were all the photos amazing? Nope. But enough were that I found a lot of value in it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
goofyskip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyskip View Post
Just bought PPP. What do others think hope I didn't waste my money.
Thanks for all the info.
goofyskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I got it last year because we had several character dining ADRs and wanted a lot of ride photos. For me, I think I'll stick with regular PP. I don't normally buy a lot of ride photos and the ones we got were ok but I only got them because I wanted to increase the value of the PP+.

Unless you go a lot of the rides with photos and/or are dining at any of the following where they offer photo packages, it may not be as valuable.

Akershus
Tusker House
Chef Mickey's
Spirit of Aloha
Spirit of Aloha
Ohana breakfast
1900 Park Fare
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review

As an FYI.... they also offer an Attractions photopass option for $44.95 which is basically all the ride photos.

emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120304 View Post
I bought it yesterday. I think I was just excited at having saved $800 with free dining. Hopefully we'll hear some good things about it. Does anyone know if it can be refunded if I change my mind? (Before the trip)
Yup. If when you get home and look at all your photopass pictures online and feel it wasn't worth it, you can get a refund. We've prepaid for photopass 5 times and never asked for a refund.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
WIDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

We did Photopass+ for the first time last summer and LOVED it. In fact we have already pre-ordered for our trip this summer.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Allies mom
Mouseketeer

I loved it and would never go without it!
Allies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
mymeme
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to post a FYI for anyone with iPad. I opened my pics on PhotoPass site and edited them all on iPad. After accepting they send u an email to download your pics. Dropbox or Box would not open the Zip file. Got the app WinZip and installed. Then when I went back it gave WinZip as one of the options. Picked that and it opened right up. I then just saved them all to camera roll/photo stream. I also have iPhoto and there you can make journals of your pics and then share with family or friends. May be simpler way to do this but it is what worked for me. Hth
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup. If when you get home and look at all your photopass pictures online and feel it wasn't worth it, you can get a refund. We've prepaid for photopass 5 times and never asked for a refund.
Regular Photopass is refundable. Photopass+ is not refundable. The reason Photopass+ is not refundable is because they actually give you the printed pictures from your character meals while you are at the meal and there is no way to get those back if you want a refund.

I think regular photopass is totally worth the money and have preordered it for years. I am still on the fence about Photopass+. We did it last year and were able to cost justify it because we had 4 children in our group do Pirates Leaque. I also bought it again for our upcoming May trip but fear in the end it will not cost justify since it is just DH, DS and myself. oh well. If it doesn't I will just go back to regular photopass for our September trip.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 05-11-2013 at 02:43 PM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: