DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

How does the booking process work through RCI

Can I call and ask about availability or check it online without having points deposited in? Or is that access limited to people who already put the points in? My other question is how long are the points good for once you put them in? I thought I remember reading that they were good for two years? Finally Can you only transfer current UY points? I am thinking ahead to a possible trip in Januaray or March 2015.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Can I call and ask about availability or check it online without having points deposited in? Or is that access limited to people who already put the points in? My other question is how long are the points good for once you put them in? I thought I remember reading that they were good for two years? Finally Can you only transfer current UY points? I am thinking ahead to a possible trip in Januaray or March 2015.
Hi disfanforlife,

I can answer some of your questions. You can check availability for RCI properties by calling MS or using the DVC member website. To me, using the DVC member website is easier because you can check it anytime of the day or night. The website will show what is available, how many points you need, what the room type is, and will give you all the info on the resort(along with reviews). There are properties that are already showing availability for 2015, so it's never too soon to start looking.

You don't have to deposit points with RCI to look for inventory. I never do because if the property I want doesn't come up I can then use those points to go to WDW, concierge collection, etc.

When you see the property you want for the week you want, book it online immediately through the DVC RCI link. DO NOT CALL MEMBER SERVICES TO BOOK IT...YOU MY LOSE THE RESERVATION(this happened to me once--I didn't let it happen again)! When you book online, you are given all the info as to any additional charges the resort may have and they take your cc number for the $95 exchange fee. You will get a reservation number at that time. RCI will then check with DVC to see if you have enough points for the trip. If you have enough points in the UY that the trip happens, RCI will just take the points. If you don't, DVC should call you to see how you want to use your points to book the trip. I've done this process three times so far online using the DVC website to book RCI properties in Las Vegas and Hawaii and the process couldn't be easier!

Make sure that you look at the reviews for the RCI resort you're interested in on Tripadvisor. There you will see reviews from owners and non-owners. There are also reviews on the RCI website, but a lot of them aren't current. Good luck with your search.

abdgeek
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
As noted, you can check online or you can call. I'd recommend an ongoing search if you truly want something and you will pay the $95 fee which is refundable if you cancel before matching or you you don't match. If you did do deposit first, I think they're good until the end of Dec, 2 years out IIRC (DVC's a little different than the rest of RCI).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: