Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
TaurusNYY
1st timer, going back for more :D

Where to go to book Disney resort rooms?

My family and I are planning out 2nd Disney trip . We stayed outside of the park last year but this year want to stay on the property. When booking Disney resorts do you just book then through normal travel sites (Expedia, kayak, etc) any site in particular better for rates? I am still trying to decided where we want to stay but figure the cost will be the deciding factor, little overwhelmed at the moment . We are planning an October trip. Thanks ahead of time.
TaurusNYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusNYY
My family and I are planning out 2nd Disney trip . We stayed outside of the park last year but this year want to stay on the property. When booking Disney resorts do you just book then through normal travel sites (Expedia, kayak, etc) any site in particular better for rates? I am still trying to decided where we want to stay but figure the cost will be the deciding factor, little overwhelmed at the moment . We are planning an October trip. Thanks ahead of time.
IMHO the Disney site is the best place to go to reserve rooms, our anything else. Make sure you check the special offers tab to see if they are running discounts for when you plan on staying.

Most of all enjoy your planning and trip.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Lisann
Mouseketeer

I would also suggest an authorized Disney travel agent. They will take all the worry away and leave you a lot less stressed. A travel agent will also apply the discounts to your trip as well, and they don't charge anything for their service. Dreams Unlimited is associated with these message boards, so why not give them a try?

Or, do as I do, and go directly to the Disney site and book there. Make sure you check out the special offers and then you will get the discount when booking if you follow the links, etc..

Good luck.

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Phone

I like to call on the phone to make my reservations. You can ask the person about current deals, etc. and they usually have that disney magic when they talk with you. It's always fun. (407) 939 3476
Old 04-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
TaurusNYY
1st timer, going back for more :D

Thank you all for your feedback and advice :D
TaurusNYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

Yes I agree Disney website but you must click special offers each time. I heard free dining is predicted/announced (?) for the fall but I don't think it is on the special offers yet. I would research when that is coming out and either book now and upgrade at the time when the offer comes out, or wait for the offer to appear later this summer.

Also you can rent points from Disney Vacation Club owners and stay at one of the DVC properties (which are all on WDW property as well).
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Kimberle
WL Vet

I would not use Expedia, etc. Once you book with them, you are locked with the price. You can book on line with Disney. You'll then have to keep checking for discounts and call Disney to have it applied to your reservation. I booked my last trip with Dreams Unlimited (the owners of these boards). My agent applied a discount for me the day it came out, saving me 30% on my reservation.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #8
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
I would not use Expedia, etc. Once you book with them, you are locked with the price. You can book on line with Disney. You'll then have to keep checking for discounts and call Disney to have it applied to your reservation. I booked my last trip with Dreams Unlimited (the owners of these boards). My agent applied a discount for me the day it came out, saving me 30% on my reservation.
You aren't necessarily locked in with the price. I have used Expedia a few times, and they don't charge any cancellation fee, other than passing along the cancellation fees Disney imposes if you cancel too close to arrival. So if a better deal comes out, you book it and you cancel your Expedia, etc., booking. You just have to read the cancellation policies for the site you are using before you book.

I typically book through Disney about 90% of the time, but there have been times where I could get a better rate booking outside of Disney, so I did. I did not have any problems doing so.

I typically book room only reservations though. If you want to book packages, then I recommend you go through Disney or a Disney TA such as DU.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I always price everything out online and then call to book direct through Disney. As others have suggested, you could use TA if you prefer someone else to do all of the leg work as well as give you suggestions since this will be your first stay onsite. Good luck and happy planning .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I booked through Orbitz for my June 27-June 30 stay at POR using coupon code RMNAPR23 for an extra 15% off the already discounted rates. It was actually cheaper than the AP rate. However, it expires today and is only good for travel until June 30.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
PA Disneymania
Earning My Ears

I always use Dreams Unlimited. Whenever a discount comes out, my agent applies the discount to my reservation. They will also make all your ADRs and other reservations, except plane reservations. Other family members booked with a reputable TA from a national company. The price was the same for the Disney reservation. They did save on the plane fare. However, they only got the spring discount because I had told them about it. Their agent was not happy about having to redo their reservation.
I would only book through a Disney specialized agency. Just my 2 cents.
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I book directly through Disney, usually by phone, but sometimes online. I just prefer to have direct control over my reservation (especially since we tend to make changes every now and then).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I always price everything out online and then call to book direct through Disney. As others have suggested, you could use TA if you prefer someone else to do all of the leg work as well as give you suggestions since this will be your first stay onsite. Good luck and happy planning .

This is what I also do.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
noahdove
DIS Veteran

If you book with AAA as well, they will keep track of special offers for you I have used both AAA and the Disney site itself...I enjoy the perks with AAA tho Good luck with whatever you decide

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: