Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I love The Cheesecake Factory, I don't think that they are that pricey for the amount of food you get. I love there strawberry shortcake YUM
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I don't really think it's over priced. I picked up the tab for seven. There were two alcoholic drinks, two appetizers and two desserts amongst the the seven meals. Maybe 3 or 4 ordered soft drinks. With tip it was close to $200, not bad for all that.
I don't think that's too much to pay for dinner, just too much to pay to eat THERE
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

A couple of these -
The Well - Mannered Dirty Martini
Our Version of a “Dirty Martini” with Ketel One Vodka and Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives.

And - one of these -
Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake
Banana Cream Cheesecake Topped with Bavarian Cream and Fresh Sliced Bananas.

And that's all I need!

I like the new skinnyLicious menu a lot.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjayhawks View Post
Agree with this post. But also have to add that both the food and cheesecake is overpriced, at least in my opinion.

Also, every time we have been there, I have had terrible service--wrong food, food not thoroughly cooked, waiting on my food while others at my table have theirs, having to flag down another server to get drink refils, etc. Definitely not a place I go unless I can't get out of it.
That's interesting because the one near me has great service. I think I have a drinking problem, because I evaluate restaurants largely based on 2 things: how good their unsweetened ice tea tastes, and how often they refill the glasses. Based on that metric, the Cheesecake factory near me is fantastic.
Mickey'snewestfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
Cinderella94
now and then i have to remind myself how extremely hot it gets in those things
Why do all of those sound like they could've come out of my mouth

I love the Cheesecake Factory. It isn't overpriced for the amount of food you get--I easily get a meal of leftovers out of going there.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #21
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

I don't think the Cheesecake Factory is overpriced, considering that most of portions are HUGE. However, I haven't found anything there that I'm crazy about, and to add insult to injury the last time I went (to the one at Millenia) I had a roach crawl off the wall and on to the table. I literally jumped from my seat, and left the building mid meal. I know this is Florida, but
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobie View Post
Yep, but the only time I go there is with workmates at lunch and then it's obligatory to order an over priced salad and no dessert. I only go if it's a celebratory lunch for someone and then I watch with envy the tables around me eat cheesecake. I guess I could just order a piece of cheesecake, but I can't deal with the condescension from my colleagues. Sigh.

Have you ever had their pumpkin pecan cheesecake they only offer during the holidays? It's a slice of pumpkin cheesecake sitting atop a piece of pecan pie. Best thing ever. Must have at least a day' s worth of calories in one slice.
I tend to want chocolate but I'll keep that one in mind. I get some cheesecake maybe once a year so maybe I'll have to double that.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #23
Pooh Girl 71
Good looking, half naked men and choreagraphed violence....what's not to love?
Biting back is the only thing that I have ever seen work
the presidents must all be facing forward

I love The Cheesecake Factory. The one nearest to my house has always had great service. The portions are ridiculously huge. I think the price is good especially for the portion size. The only reason the bill gets high is that no one ever seems to want to share cheesecake and everyone gets their own.

I've not had bad food there but I tend to order from the same 4 things: shrimp and bacon club sandwich, farfalle with chicken and roasted farlic, pasta da vinci. Plus we also order the sweet tamale corn cakes as an appetizer.
Pooh Girl 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

I've managed to do dinner with drinks there for $25, just by splitting a meal. 99% of the meals there are large enough to share...even the burgers and the 'small plates' appetizers. However, it can add up QUICK. One night went in there, ordered an appetizer two desserts, and two drinks and spent almost $70. The cheesecake is overpriced...but the slices are big enough to share.

Service has always been nothing but excellent at each one I've been to and I've never had a bad thing there. Grand Lux Cafe is even better if you can find one.

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #25
KimmyAnne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I like the new skinnyLicious menu a lot.
Me, too! I love the Asian Lettuce Wraps.

The Cheesecake Factory we usually go to has good service. We've never had a bad experience there.

And I love their Kahlua cheesecake - yum!

Not the greatest restaurant in the world, but we always enjoy it
Old 04-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #26
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Went once. Food was okay, the service was the worst I have ever received in a restaurant. So bad, I don't think I will ever give them a second chance.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #27
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Only thing good about the place is the cheesecake. Service is terrible. Last time we took the two kids we ordered meals for both of them. The server only placed one because SHE thought an order for each was too much and they could share one!!! Let's just say while I am a generous tipper, and never complain as I know they have a difficult job, but in this case I ripped her a new one and barely tipped her.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #28
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

I've been there a few times. Meh. Thought it tasted like Sysco products. And we didn't even really like their cheesecake Thought it tasted too dry and not enough of a, well...cream cheese flavor. We thought Maggianos cheesecake kicks their booty.

Now, I did eat at a Grand Lux once in Vegas about 10 years ago. Just had apps and a creme brulee duo. That was actually quite good.
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #29
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I love the Cheesecake Factory! I don't think it's any more expensive than other chain restaurants. I go there regularly with my sister and her 2 kids and it runs us about $40. The portions are pretty big but some of them are ridiculous. I had pancakes there once and the were huge. Stacked up on the plate it looked like a a full layer from an actual cake.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Portions are huge there. Love the Avocado Eggrolls and the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake. Don't even want to know how many calories I am consuming when I order these..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: