Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
lmbraun
Earning My Ears

Staying @ BWV/ Best ways to get around???

Hi all- we have never stayed at BWV before and I'm trying to configure how to get to various places. I know we can walk to HS & Epcot- would it be better to take a bus to MK or walk to the monorail in Epcot and hop on? Also are buses the only options for DTD & AK? Thanks!!!
lmbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
btk2333
Just passed ROFR BCV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbraun View Post
Hi all- we have never stayed at BWV before and I'm trying to configure how to get to various places. I know we can walk to HS & Epcot- would it be better to take a bus to MK or walk to the monorail in Epcot and hop on? Also are buses the only options for DTD & AK? Thanks!!!
I would recommend bussing to magic kingdom- the walk through Epcot to get to the monorail is long and youd still need to transfer at the ttc. If you happen to be in future world and want to hop to mk then you could use the monorail though.

Buses are the only option to dtd and ak.

We love staying in the Epcot resort area- love the easy access to dhs and Epcot!
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Also, depending on where you are staying in the boardwalk villas, sometimes it easier to walk over to the swan dolphin to catch ferry shuttle. We walked into Epcot usually, but used the ferry to DHS. I enjoy the ride. It really depends on how hot it is.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Sarah Millar01
Mouseketeer

We love this location as its a nice walk or boat ride into Epcot or HS (dependant on the heat) and I'd recommend the bus to AK or MK! BWV is a fabulous resort - I am staying here for a week myself in July!
Sarah Millar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You are going to love BWV....truly my home away from home!!! If you walk to the monorail station at Epcot, you will have to use park passes to get in..if you have a park hopper it won't be an issue, but if you have a one park per day pass, it won't work. Besides, if you do choose this method??? 10 mins to get to the International Gateway from BWV. Then, get into the park. Then, about 15 or so mins to get to the front of the park. Wait for the monorail, could be 1 min but could also be 10. Ride to TTC, about 10 mins. Then either transfer to the Express monorail and head to MK..about 10 or so mins, or take the ferry....could be 20 mins with wait times....so about an hour this way. If you take the bus directly from BWV to MK, it won't be nearly that long...should be under 45 mins, with wait times for the bus to come as well as make the stop at the Swan and Dolphin. It could actually be only 30 mins or less if you hit it right.

Yes, buses are the only option to both AK and DTD.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just remember that you would need a park hopper ticket to walk through Epcot to get the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

We've actually done this a few times, mainly because we weren't in any hurry. But the bus would be a better option.

Also, if you are coming back on a bus and the first stop is the Swan, get off there and just walk over to the Boardwalk. It's much faster than riding the entire way around.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
lmbraun
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much, this was extremely helpful! I'm so excited for this location and now have a better understanding of planning. We do have park hoppers but was not thinking of the transfer and all that- will def use the bus!
lmbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you all so much, this was extremely helpful! I'm so excited for this location and now have a better understanding of planning. We do have park hoppers but was not thinking of the transfer and all that- will def use the bus!
If we are not in a hurry to get back to BWV from the MK, we take the monorail -it's a pleasant ride and I love the short loop through EPCOT before we arrive at the station. Then we stroll through EPCOT, go out the IG and either walk or boat back to the BWV.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
JudithM
DIS Veteran

We recently stayed at the BWVs. We liked the proximity to EPCOT and the Studios - we walked and/or took the boat. One day we walked to EPCOT and went to the Flower and Garden are in the old Wonders of Life building. From there we went to the Magic Kingdom via monorail and ferry. On the way back we took the bus back to the Boardwalk. So the options were varied.
JudithM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: