Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Two AoA LM rooms or an AoA suite?

We've currently got an AoA LM room booked for my wife and I and two kids, aged 7 & 4. I can't justify the cost of a suite unless FD is offered this fall. We have a friend who is planning to join us for the trip but may not stay the entire time that we are there. She is planning on getting her own AoA LM room that would hopefully connect to ours.

Since the cost would only be slightly more, should we look into moving into a suite at AoA and sharing the cost rather than getting two LM rooms? My family would obviously pay more for the suite since we are taking up more space in it, but we could share the costs. If FD is offered then we'd have to move into a suite to get that since the LM rooms aren't typically part of any promotion and that would make the suite cheaper than two separate rooms.

I know we'd be closer to the FC and buses but that didn't bother us last time we stayed at AoA. We'd get the kitchenette but potentially one less bed (if we had two double LM rooms.) We'd get different themes, which is cool too.

What would you do?
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'd get the two rooms. The only problem you are going to have with it is that they are not going to guarantee you connecting rooms. Make sure you link the reservations and request connecting rooms if you want them. Then when your friend checks out you can let one of the rooms go, and she will have her own sleeping space if she wants it.

If it's free dining then I agree you will probably have to move to a suite, where is your friend going to sleep? In the living room with the kids? That can be done too, as there is a sofa chair and a sofa bed.
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
disneyfan246
Earning My Ears

I would go with two rooms also. More privacy. I haven't stayed in the suites but they don't look as big as the DVC rooms and I think it could be quite crowded. Plus remember for every adult over 2 you have to pay an additional fee (at least I think you do).

It may be hard to get connecting rooms if you are not checking in at the same time. But once at Pop Century my inlaws met us the next day and they were put in the room next to us, so it worked out. But I am guessing that the AoA has fewer regular rooms since they are mostly suites which may make it more difficult to connect. But hopefully it will all work out.
disneyfan246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Hmm, looks like Disney may have made the decision for us. Looks like AoA LM is sold out for the week we are there. Good thing we're already booked!

So now it looks like if she books a trip (supposed to book in early May when she gets her bonus) we can share a suite, move our current reservation to another resort (likely PoP) and get two rooms or be in separate resorts.

The wife doesn't want to move out of AoA and while I like Pop I like the pools and themeing at AoA better.

I'm concerned with the hassle of trying to meet someone everyday of the trip if they are at separate resorts, especially if we go back to our resort mid-day.

Oh the joys of traveling with others!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Pop Century is just across a bridge from AOA. If it has to be separate resorts, that's the one to pick. If you have cell phones it would be relatively easy to meet up at either resort.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
janicejoy
Earning My Ears

Yes my family is having same issue, tried to book 2 LM rooms but sold out for last week of August. Its me, DH, DS21, DS15 so definitely need more than 2 beds. Suite would be okay if FD is offered, make it more reasonably prices. Havent book room yet as hoping something is annouced soon! If no FD and room only discount I will be doing same--booking two rooms if they are available at LM or POP....
janicejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Our friend wound up joining us and since there weren't any more rooms available we asked her if she wanted to be next door at Pop or with us in a suite. She opted to join us in the suite and since it was only about $200 more than a preferred room at Pop she decided to stay with us. She loves Nemo (her nickname is Dory) so that works out well too. With two showers, three beds, two rooms and the kitchenette things should work out well. I think we'll be able to have a meal or two in the room without too much difficulty plus having a coffee maker in the room means not having to go to the food court for coffee. The kids are excited because we'll be near the big pool and closer to the food court. When time is money in WDW having a shorter walk to the buses will be cool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: