DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

how long do you go on vacation? & studio or 1br ?

Just wondering how long everyone likes to visit Disney. When I was younger I have no idea how long our family stayed, but then we ended up with 7 days, now 8 & now that we bought into the dvc i think we may do some 7s to be able to do some 1bedrooms.
Thats another ? Do you use our full allotment of points & borrow to get a bigger room of always do a studio for a fam of 4 with 2 young kids?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
LVSWL
I may have to rethink whether or not I want to do this
I LOVE anything with goat cheese. Actually, I'm thinking about getting a goat!
My aunt would give me coke and some pecans to keep me quiet

We have a family of 4, and love having extra space..kitchen and washer/dryer, so we try to have at least a one BDRM but love a two BDRM.

When life kicks you, let it kick you forward- Kay Yow
LVSWL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

We've been staying 10 days a year in a studio. This year our stay is split between BCV and SSR. I also have another timeshare and through RCI I scored a 2 bd at OKW for November. Can't wait to vacation with all that space.

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Dw and I usually stay 12-15 days a year. Most of that is during f&w. but we do a few small trips too. Unless we are taking extra folk we just do studios. We prefer to stay longer vs larger rooms.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

We usually do minimum 10 - 12 days. Our longest trip was two weeks when we did a split stay, studio SSR/1 bedroom AKV. We stayed 11 days in a 2 bedroom at AKV but had to borrow points. We're a family of four so my preference is minimum one bedroom.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 AM   #6
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Average 7 nights and if it's just dh and I - studio. (This is the trend now)

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We started out going for F&W from Saturday to Saturday (8) for a couple of years, changed to Saturday to following Sunday (9) for a bit, went Friday to following Sunday (10) for a couple of years and now Thursday to Sunday (11). I keep pushing the number of days.

We are empty nesters so having a studio is fine for us and would rather add on the extra days. We would try to go back for F&G for 6 days but with our jobs had to stop that the last couple of years. Could not do it without DVC!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

When I bought I intended studios and the occasional 1 bedroom ..

From purchase 2008 through fall 2011 I split stay our fall or Christmas trip 4-5 nights studio, followed by 2 nights, beach ( 1 bedroom non dvc), followed by 4-5 nights 1 bedroom. Additionally a short 5-6 night trip over memorial day in either a studio or at a moderate if no points.

4 trips this yr, 2 are DVC 1 bedroom 9/ 12 days
and 2 are off site rented time shares in 2/3 bedrooms.

With a DD1 now, I think we will not be doing much in studios unless it is only a few nights. I think I would rather stay off in a 2 bedroom, then onsite in a studio for less anything over like 4or 5 nights. And renting points to transfer in for a studio, is the same $$ or MORE then a 2 or 3 bedroom at very nice resorts within miles. ... time will tell.

All DH and I only trips would be studios, if we manage to go on 1. (planned 2 both feel through days/weeks before for family emer)

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

we first purchased DVC in january 1999 (then did 2 add-ons - 400pts total).

as a family of 4 (2 parents, 2 kidlets) we stayed in 1 bdrms for 7-9 days (usually late summer to early autumn), one WDW vacation annually.
my brother & his family (4), plus my parents would go for 7 days every other year (first week of sept), in a 2 bdrm - using our points. sometimes, i would join them for a few days.

fast forward these 14 years, and our children are DD 29yo, and DS 24yo, and we have a lot more flexibility with length and timing of vacations.
DD & i go every early-mid may (11 more days to go), DH & I go every early oct (F&WF - meet up with friends) - for 10-13 days each time, in a studio (to note: DS has a renewed interest in going to WDW, but time off, and tix for both him and his live-in GF makes it difficult).
our trips now are soooooo incredibly relaxing: little park time, a lot of relaxing by the pool, walking to a park (BWVs) for just one ride/show or to eat, playing mini-golf, going to MK just to play pinball at the arcade, reading, walking, people watching/shows on the BW, solitary jogging, etc.
i can't think of many (or any) people who don't own DVC that could understand how wonderfully refreshed and relaxed we are after a WDW vacation. for us, it's pure heaven
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

We stay usually 3 nights, 3 times a year. So 9 nights total, from October through March. We don't go from March through September because it is too hot. We live in South FL so it's close for us travel wise, and my parents live right there in Longwood.

And that's with 2 studios. There's 6 of us, me, DH and the two littles, and my parents. It's usually always cheaper to get 2 studios. I would love having a 2 bedroom, but then our points don't stretch as far and we wouldn't be able to go as much.

Our home resort is BCV, but I usually move us from there because I've realized there are resorts with cheaper point allottments for studios like OKW, AKV, and BWV.

BWV is my fave because it's lowest in points for a studio and it's still in that Epcot resort area which we love.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #11
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

We are retired and usually do 3 weeks in Oct and March. mostly in a studio but sometimes with family the 2 bedroom for a week.

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
crazybones27
DVC Member

Before DVC we did between 6-7 nights. After buying DVC it jumped to 10-13 nights in 1bdrms . Not sure what happened but we just can't seem to leave once we get there .
crazybones27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

With the kids years ago, we always tried for at least a 1 bdrm because weighing the cost of a studio with eating out versus a 1 bdrm and getting groceries, I saved so much on getting groceries that we used more points to get the larger accommodations. We are going in three weeks just the two of us, and staying in a studio for a week, and budgeting for eating out is killing my entire budget! So for our two weeks away in October for our 25th anniversary, we used all the rest of our points, plus rented in order to get the one bedroom the whole time (yes, all to ourselves!!!) and just get groceries. We enjoy the ability to spread out and have so much space in the one bedroom, especially at OKW, plus the in-room laundry, and being able to come back at lunch and relax till after dinner around the resort, not worrying about where our next meal should be.
If you are on a dining plan or don't like to spend a lot of time at the room, then a studio would be your best use of points with the kids, plus you could do breakfast in the room with the kitchenette.
I find the size of accommodations depends on the individual family's needs, likes, and how you choose to vacation. Enjoy your future DVC trips!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Just the three of us (or just the two of us), we'll get a one bedroom. If we have four adults or more, we'll get a two bedroom. Unless our son and a friend is just joining us for a few days, then we'll get a one bedroom.

We usually stay 8-12 nights.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

We're Floridian's, we use our DVC for long week-ends as a break from school every few months. Generally 3-4 days stays in a 2bd to accomodate the 6-8 of us! I've never liked the studios even when it's just 2-4 of us. I like the living room, the W/D and a full kitchen!

For me it's not a vacation if I have to spend it with 3-4 other family members/people in one room! If given that choice, I'd stay home!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: