Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Ricardo
Earning My Ears

Ladies....proposal help needed please!

Hello, I plan to propose to my GF at discovery cove via a dolphin buoy
Then I have a private cabana booked for us to be alone

Ladies .... My issue is I keep reading about proposing in public is a big mistake and woman don't like it . This isn't too public as we are in groups of 8

But can I have your opinions please ? Would you like the thought of this or would something more private be better?

Although my girl is quite shy, she absolutely loves dolphins and I want to do something different and romantic

Thank you
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Smile

I think your plan sounds great. My DH proposed in the car while driving LOL

You can't go wrong with dolphins! CONGRATS

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
skatalite
Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?

I'm not a woman, but it sounds like you're combining two of her favorite things: You and dolphins.

I don't see how this plan can be frowned upon.

Good luck, and congratulations!
skatalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
patty57
DIS Veteran

I think it sounds wonderful. You can do something in a public place, but still not draw a lot of attention to yourself if that's what she would want. Just make this about you and her, and don't focus on the rest of the park/people. Sounds romantic.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Awwww! I'm rather shy too. I do not like the spotlight, and am easily embarrassed. BUT, I think your plan sounds wonderful & don't change it one bit! If you said you were going to get on a stage in front of thousands of people & propose my face would get red thinking about it. Please, keep it as planned, a small group as you said just adds to the excitement. Then you both wi be together alone anyways. I'm so excited for her!!!!!
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Just throwing this out there an another idea. We were just at DC last summer and since you have a cabana booked, you could always propose to her there, down on one knee, just the two of you, the whole kit & kaboodle BEFORE your dolphin swim and then have the dolphin bouy say "just engaged" (assuming it all goes as planned). There are lockers in the cabanas so the you can lock the ring up to keep it safe.

Congrats and good luck.

ETA - it also might be worth a call to see if they can get you a private moment with a dolphin sometime during the day? We found DC to be VERY accommodating with everything, so it might be worth seeing how they can help you make it special??

Portifino Bay - June, 2015; [/COLOR]Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
ChickyRootie
Mouseketeer

My husband was originally going to propose to me in Magic Kingdom but his mother (my now, monster in law.. err mother in law) convinced him that he shouldn't 'make me wait' and he proposed in his living room with me in sweatpants and a ratty ponytail...grrrr... We went to WDW a day or so later so wooo hooo...but still...

I'm extremely shy and I don't like attention, but I would've secretly loved to have been in front of the castle with him and have everyone see me at that moment...hope that helps and good luck.
ChickyRootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #8
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Just throwing this out there an another idea. We were just at DC last summer and since you have a cabana booked, you could always propose to her there, down on one knee, just the two of you, the whole kit & kaboodle BEFORE your dolphin swim and then have the dolphin bouy say "just engaged" (assuming it all goes as planned). There are lockers in the cabanas so the you can lock the ring up to keep it safe.

Congrats and good luck.

ETA - it also might be worth a call to see if they can get you a private moment with a dolphin sometime during the day? We found DC to be VERY accommodating with everything, so it might be worth seeing how they can help you make it special??
That sounds good too!!! I would def call ahead and see what extras DC can do for you!!!!! Good luck!
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #9
sPaRkLeSpAz
wow, our house has been scary today
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Peanut butter pie!

That sounds amazing! I'm super shy, but if someone proposed to me like that, I'd love it! Good luck, and I hope you have a great time!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #10
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Awesome!! Let us know how it all goes.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Congratulations!

My fiance proposed to me at WDW in 2011. He googled WDW proposals for a while beforehand and saw the different packages available, but ultimately decided to do something more private because he knew I would be overwhelmed and embarrassed if it drew a crowd. He ended up having Disney Florist set up rose petals in our room and when we came back to the room after being out all day, it was all set up. I opened the door first and was shocked to see it and I turned around and he was on his knee! So, he did it in our room and I was glad because I immediately burst into tears. I don't know how I would have reacted in public. After I calmed down, I was able to sit down and call my family and friends. We then freshened up and went out to celebrate at MNSSHP

So, my point is that for some women it's true that a public proposal is not good. It wouldn't have been for me. But if you think your fiance would handle it well, then I think your plan sounds like a great surprise and definitely a great story. Best wishes to you!!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say congrats and good luck. I am sure whatever you decide she will be thrilled.
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

That doesn't seem too public to me (ie on the jumbo-tron)
Most men propose in restaurants, which isn't exactly private either.

I think it sounds like a great idea.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Awwww! I'm rather shy too. I do not like the spotlight, and am easily embarrassed. BUT, I think your plan sounds wonderful & don't change it one bit! If you said you were going to get on a stage in front of thousands of people & propose my face would get red thinking about it. Please, keep it as planned, a small group as you said just adds to the excitement. Then you both wi be together alone anyways. I'm so excited for her!!!!!
This!

Good luck and congratulations!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

I think when most women say they don't like the public engagements they are talking about the sporting events and jumbo tron type proposals! I think your idea is wonderful and I also think that the other suggestion of doing it while in the cabana is also wonderful. Can't go wrong with either...may be able to make the cabana the better choice with candles lit up as you walk up to it, definitely call to see if you can do something special for her. I will say that the most important thing is the element of surprise! I knew to the day when DH was going to propose because he is not one to hold in excitement too well and he unintentionally gave it away! The surpise element is huge IMO! Best of Luck to you both!!

Another thought is would you be able to set up a little scavenger hunt at DC for her with the bouey giving her a clue as for something else to look for? It wil all depend on how accomodating DC would be for you!
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: