Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
did you have fun?

did you enjoy the flower/garden festival?
I did, thanks!

Loved Flower & Garden ant got lots of great pics. I played Agent P, which led me to the far corners of each country that I may have otherwise missed.

At MK, I played Sorcerers and beat the first two villains.

Then, I happened upon AK's 15th anniversary celebration and bought a few limited edition pins to commemorate the day.

I did lots of attractions that I've never before done or were long overdue. Have a great time!
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #17
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

My suggestion....Don't take Mousekeeping Issues to the Front Desk!!her know

When I had a mousekeeping issue last trip, nothing TOO serious, but something that needed to be addressed...
Ask to speak with the Mousekeeping Manager for your building. They will page them and they will come and speak with you in person. I 'aired' my concerns with the mgr, also letting her know that my goal wasn't to 'get anyone in trouble', but just to get this matter 'corrected'. Normally, My mousekeeping was phenomenal, but apparently the day I had an issue, was a day that my regular mousekeeper was 'off'. The manager still addressed the issue because my regular mousekeeper was 'off' 2 days back to back. But after speaking with the manager, My mousekeeping was 'incredible'!! Let it be a 'learning experience' for that mousekeeper if they really aren't doing a satisfactory job.
BTW, the manager did thank me for letting about the problem. She said they can't fix issues they don't know about!!
And as far as leaving your room too late at 10:30! Pish Posh!! Some days I (when I was there on my trips this past January and March) I didn't leave until after 1PM!!) and I still got mousekeeping!!! I didn't stay that late every day, but I rarely left before 11am. I'm NOT a morning person. So I don't buy that excuse.

OP,
sorry your trip wasn't as magical this time around. Not trying to make excuses, but it does sound to me like 'maybe' your room location did possibly factor into it though along with maybe some ornery kids being mischevious and bothersome to other guests. I know when I have been a solo traveler, I like to be slightly off the beaten path but not too far...
Maybe a different room location is in order next time.
And the ice situation is frustrating. The one thing I notice though is people are constantly overfilling their cups with ice and then dumping alot of it out in the tray below which is very wasteful...but what can you do???
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #18
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
And the ice situation is frustrating. The one thing I notice though is people are constantly overfilling their cups with ice and then dumping alot of it out in the tray below which is very wasteful...but what can you do???
I notice this too! There is always a mountain of ice below the dispensers.

Although I doubt if I'll go alone again, I'm thinking next time we will try AoA. I'm not crazy about the only regular rooms being Little Mermaid, but I will deal with it.

Apparently, I'm just too wimpy for solo travel
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: