Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

How clean are the highchairs? Did you bring a cover?

When going out to eat, I find it is really nice to have a high chair seat cover that can catch food, as well as protect my little one from any leftovers, germs or mess from another little one's previous meal. Do those of you who do use high chair seat covers bring them on the ship? Or do you find that DCL does an exceptional job of cleaning the chairs between uses? Thanks!
coloradocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocutie View Post
When going out to eat, I find it is really nice to have a high chair seat cover that can catch food, as well as protect my little one from any leftovers, germs or mess from another little one's previous meal. Do those of you who do use high chair seat covers bring them on the ship? Or do you find that DCL does an exceptional job of cleaning the chairs between uses? Thanks!
We haven't taken our youngest on a Disney cruise yet, but the ones I saw looked very clean. I wouldn't want to deal with them on the ship, and my highchair aged twins won't be using them on our upcoming cruise. We have enough junk to lug around for them!

You will have a very attentive wait staff in the dining rooms and at the buffet there will be literally dozens of wait staff buzzing around. If you get a high chair that is unacceptable to you, simply ask someone to bring you a clean one. I feel that plus a wipe with a disinfecting cloth should be sufficient. If you don't bring your own or you forget them, there are disinfecting wipes at the entrance of every dining area (and usually a CM to hand them to you).

As for catching food, the food will be plenty and you don't have to clean up the mess.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

We found the highchairs to be very clean (and I'm a bit of a germaphobe) . The highchairs (at least on Fantasy) are smaller than normal so it may be difficult to use a chair cover.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We sailed the Dream about 2 years ago with a 1.5 year old and the high chairs were great! In the MDR, it was already at the table and had obviously been checked before placed there because there was never a speck on it. When we ate in cabanas, the CM who got them for us always wiped it down before giving it to us and if he couldn't clean it to his satisfaction, would run get another one. I saw them disinfecting them after each use before setting them aside too. I think you'd be good to skip lugging around your cover. You can always grab an extra sanitizing wipe when you enter the restaurant (they make you use them to wash your hands before every meal) and wipe down the seat to kill any germs that were missed.

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

We're always second seating and it was just ok clean. Grab a sani wipe (they hand them out every 5 secs anyway) and just wipe it yourself. The covers are a PITA to carry around (IMO).
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone!! I love that there are sanitizer wipes everywhere. MUCH easier than toting the cover around.
coloradocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Cruise ships are germ breeding grounds and I would not be too worried about the high chair cleanliness but I am sure Disney will clean it for you.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: