Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
brockash
DIS Veteran

Pro's and Con's of split stays and process?'s

I can't imagine that I'd ever be a fan of switching resorts during a stay (I like to be organized, and somewhat unpacked for our week stays etc.), however we're considering it for our upcoming Sept. trip. Right now, we're booked at ASMo's 9/1-9/9 with free dining with the bounceback that we booked last Sept.

If the rumors are true and free dining is going to offered 9/2-9/9 and include AoA (Little Mermaid rooms) we'd prefer to do our stay there, as the resort looks neat, and my dd loves Ariel. I really don't want to lose out on 1 TS, CS and snack per person though. I suppose one option would be to do our min. stay with the bounceback (I think 3 nights) at ASMo's and then switch resorts on our 3rd day.

If we do this, can anyone tell me what the process is and how it all works. We plan to be at a park all week at rope drop and wouldn't want to miss out on time having to move resorts, but it's my understanding that Disney will move your luggage for you. -If so do you just check-in at the new resort when you get back from the resort that night?

Another option may be to give up the 1 day of free dining, book a room only for the 1st night and then start our package on 9/2. We're planning on being at MK at 8:00 (BBB appointment) on 9/2...how would that work as far as our park tickets and dining credits. Would we be able to check in for the 2nd part of our trip early that morning, like 6ish??

Anything else I should be aware of? TIA!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

you can check in at 6:30am.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Moving resorts is really no hassle, when you are ready to leave one resort call bell services and ask them to transfer your bags to new resort. There is no charge for this but tip per bag is, imo, the norm. Then spend your day at the parks and take the bus to your new resort when you are finished.

If you arrive at your resort before 5pm your luggage may not be there yet but this should not stop you checking in.

Pack a small bag with swimsuits if you want to use the hotel pool before bags are transferred.

On another note LM rooms at AOA are super popular and may not be included in free dining when and if it is announced. Free dinning is only offered on rooms that they are having trouble filling during quiet periods. I hope you are lucky and get it - my DD would love those rooms too.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: