Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #16
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I disagree. I think the milk is there because it is a ship full of kids who are likely (hopefully) drinking MILK instead of pop all day.
If it's there for kids then why is it next to the Coffee and Hot Water dispenser and not with the Soda/Pop dispersor?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
If it's there for kids then why is it next to the Coffee and Hot Water dispenser and not with the Soda/Pop dispersor?

Because it's the same type of dispenser as the coffee/hot water and not carbonated?

How is one supposed to know if there is lots of milk in the dispenser or just enough for one more person to put it in the coffee? Is someone not supposed to take the last drop because a coffee drinker 'might' need it? That's silly. Someone has to use the last of it, and then it will be replaced. As long as people aren't wasting it, which I agree is discourteous to other passengers, I think everyone is just as entitled to it at the drink stations. If it were just for coffee, it would be in the little thermos like at Starbucks and not in a big dispenser, as big as the coffee urns themselves.

Nancy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I disagree. I think the milk is there because it is a ship full of kids who are likely (hopefully) drinking MILK instead of pop all day.
Completely agree with you. I guarantee if Disney said no milk on the cruise they'd lose several families of young children (3or4 and under) as opposed to coffee drinkers who want their drink to their likings. Milk is a major requirement for growing babies/toddlers!!!! That's why it's there. Geee whizz
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Are you really arguin this. Geez I know if the milk is next to the soda and I walk up and say "hey gabby lets get milk to drink" my daughter would throw a tantrum to the moon and back for the soda right next to it. Parents know and understand this. If the soda is out of sight it's out of mind for children...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. Why would anyone assume milk is there solely for coffee and tea drinkers who don't want to use cream. If anything, I would assume the milk is there for drinking and for the occasional coffee/tea drinker who prefers it.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

The milk at the drink stations is just milk. Who cares who drinks it. I got my kid milk from there before. They can always refill it. They have a supply of milk on the ship that's not in cartons. My kid doesn't like soda, thank goodness, and I try to avoid the other sugary, dye and artificial additive containing products that are there also so no punch or lemonade for us. Glad the milk is there as an alternative.

To the OP, chocolate milk is in all of the MDRs and room service. I'm site you could get it at the buffets too. The place by the pool may have it too. I never asked there but it can't hurt to check.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Okay, do we know if this is whole milk, skim, something else? I find this very interesting to argue about, but now I want to know which kind it is. Thanks!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
cieslack
Mouseketeer

I think it tastes like 2% to me, but I really don't know. And by the way, it is in a beverage dispenser for milk that is consistent with every other dispenser intended for filling glasses with milk. The bags of milk inside are so large, I doubt strictly coffee use would deplete them in a week.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieslack View Post
I think it tastes like 2% to me, but I really don't know. And by the way, it is in a beverage dispenser for milk that is consistent with every other dispenser intended for filling glasses with milk. The bags of milk inside are so large, I doubt strictly coffee use would deplete them in a week.
Those types of dispensers are in every buffet restaurant, dorm cafeteria, hotel breakfast area, etc. they are meant to be used for filling cups, pouring over cereal, adding to coffee. Is there a reason some people feel it can't be shared by all?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

I know there was skim milk in dispensers on the Fantasy last fall. IIRC there was also another grade available.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #26
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

I know room service charges for soda, do they charge for milk/chocolate milk also or is that free?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner View Post
I know room service charges for soda, do they charge for milk/chocolate milk also or is that free?
No charge for milk or juice.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know whether they have chocolate SOY milk (the Silk brand individual containers)?

My DD is obsessed w/these and she's allergic to dairy anyways. Though my husband will probably hoard all the regular chocolate milk hehe.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #29
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Please keep in mind that the milk in the dispenser there at the drink station is there for Tea and Coffee, well Disney may replace it often standing there and filing a large cup of it well someone may want it for their coffee can be a bit much. If you want Milk just to drink either take it from the buffet or contact room service.
LOL

You know this how? I see nothing that says this. You are on Disney. Everything is there for kids. LOL.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #30
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Please keep in mind that the milk in the dispenser there at the drink station is there for Tea and Coffee, well Disney may replace it often standing there and filing a large cup of it well someone may want it for their coffee can be a bit much. If you want Milk just to drink either take it from the buffet or contact room service.
I don't think that is true. Does it say 'use sparingly'? When we cruised with our 18 month old, she drank several glasses a day. I never felt or got strange looks from other passengers. In fact, lots of other parents were doing the same thing. And even though I am not one that believes that if others are doing something that makes it alright, I am using this reasoning because clearly your concept is not really well known and if it is true Disney is doing a poor job letting their passengers know.
If your information is correct, they should have two milk dispensers because I don't let my kids drink soda thus their choices are milk and water.

Disney is obviously family friendly. They would hear an earful from parents If they couldn't get their children milk.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: