Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #16
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I disagree. I think the milk is there because it is a ship full of kids who are likely (hopefully) drinking MILK instead of pop all day.
If it's there for kids then why is it next to the Coffee and Hot Water dispenser and not with the Soda/Pop dispersor?
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
If it's there for kids then why is it next to the Coffee and Hot Water dispenser and not with the Soda/Pop dispersor?

Because it's the same type of dispenser as the coffee/hot water and not carbonated?

How is one supposed to know if there is lots of milk in the dispenser or just enough for one more person to put it in the coffee? Is someone not supposed to take the last drop because a coffee drinker 'might' need it? That's silly. Someone has to use the last of it, and then it will be replaced. As long as people aren't wasting it, which I agree is discourteous to other passengers, I think everyone is just as entitled to it at the drink stations. If it were just for coffee, it would be in the little thermos like at Starbucks and not in a big dispenser, as big as the coffee urns themselves.

Nancy
neg58 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer
 
AdaraRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post

I disagree. I think the milk is there because it is a ship full of kids who are likely (hopefully) drinking MILK instead of pop all day.
Completely agree with you. I guarantee if Disney said no milk on the cruise they'd lose several families of young children (3or4 and under) as opposed to coffee drinkers who want their drink to their likings. Milk is a major requirement for growing babies/toddlers!!!! That's why it's there. Geee whizz
__________________
AdaraRae
AdaraRae is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer
 
AdaraRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post

If it's there for kids then why is it next to the Coffee and Hot Water dispenser and not with the Soda/Pop dispersor?
Are you really arguin this. Geez I know if the milk is next to the soda and I walk up and say "hey gabby lets get milk to drink" my daughter would throw a tantrum to the moon and back for the soda right next to it. Parents know and understand this. If the soda is out of sight it's out of mind for children...
__________________
AdaraRae
AdaraRae is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl
 
antmaril's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I disagree. I think the milk is there because it is a ship full of kids who are likely (hopefully) drinking MILK instead of pop all day.
I agree with you 100%. Why would anyone assume milk is there solely for coffee and tea drinkers who don't want to use cream. If anything, I would assume the milk is there for drinking and for the occasional coffee/tea drinker who prefers it.
antmaril is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,760

The milk at the drink stations is just milk. Who cares who drinks it. I got my kid milk from there before. They can always refill it. They have a supply of milk on the ship that's not in cartons. My kid doesn't like soda, thank goodness, and I try to avoid the other sugary, dye and artificial additive containing products that are there also so no punch or lemonade for us. Glad the milk is there as an alternative.

To the OP, chocolate milk is in all of the MDRs and room service. I'm site you could get it at the buffets too. The place by the pool may have it too. I never asked there but it can't hurt to check.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
carissa1970
DIS Veteran
 
carissa1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 853

Okay, do we know if this is whole milk, skim, something else? I find this very interesting to argue about, but now I want to know which kind it is. Thanks!

carissa1970 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
cieslack
Mouseketeer
 
cieslack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 263

I think it tastes like 2% to me, but I really don't know. And by the way, it is in a beverage dispenser for milk that is consistent with every other dispenser intended for filling glasses with milk. The bags of milk inside are so large, I doubt strictly coffee use would deplete them in a week.
cieslack is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
carissa1970
DIS Veteran
 
carissa1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieslack View Post
I think it tastes like 2% to me, but I really don't know. And by the way, it is in a beverage dispenser for milk that is consistent with every other dispenser intended for filling glasses with milk. The bags of milk inside are so large, I doubt strictly coffee use would deplete them in a week.
Those types of dispensers are in every buffet restaurant, dorm cafeteria, hotel breakfast area, etc. they are meant to be used for filling cups, pouring over cereal, adding to coffee. Is there a reason some people feel it can't be shared by all?

carissa1970 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
Bear3412
DIS Veteran
 
Bear3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 4,570

I know there was skim milk in dispensers on the Fantasy last fall. IIRC there was also another grade available.
Bear3412 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #26
ajgardner
Mouseketeer
 
ajgardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 203

I know room service charges for soda, do they charge for milk/chocolate milk also or is that free?
__________________
myself(39) & DH(43), DD(13) , DS(8)

ajgardner is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner View Post
I know room service charges for soda, do they charge for milk/chocolate milk also or is that free?
No charge for milk or juice.
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,328

Does anyone know whether they have chocolate SOY milk (the Silk brand individual containers)?

My DD is obsessed w/these and she's allergic to dairy anyways. Though my husband will probably hoard all the regular chocolate milk hehe.
lilpooh108 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #29
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post

Please keep in mind that the milk in the dispenser there at the drink station is there for Tea and Coffee, well Disney may replace it often standing there and filing a large cup of it well someone may want it for their coffee can be a bit much. If you want Milk just to drink either take it from the buffet or contact room service.
LOL

You know this how? I see nothing that says this. You are on Disney. Everything is there for kids. LOL.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #30
k3chantal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post

Please keep in mind that the milk in the dispenser there at the drink station is there for Tea and Coffee, well Disney may replace it often standing there and filing a large cup of it well someone may want it for their coffee can be a bit much. If you want Milk just to drink either take it from the buffet or contact room service.
I don't think that is true. Does it say 'use sparingly'? When we cruised with our 18 month old, she drank several glasses a day. I never felt or got strange looks from other passengers. In fact, lots of other parents were doing the same thing. And even though I am not one that believes that if others are doing something that makes it alright, I am using this reasoning because clearly your concept is not really well known and if it is true Disney is doing a poor job letting their passengers know.
If your information is correct, they should have two milk dispensers because I don't let my kids drink soda thus their choices are milk and water.

Disney is obviously family friendly. They would hear an earful from parents If they couldn't get their children milk.
k3chantal is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.