Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,563

Cast IDs blocked from MK on 5/24

FYI - in addition to the Maingate block out, Cast IDs are also being blocked at MK on May 24th. The notice is on CenterStage (which is only accessible from a Disney computer).

Please pass the word as it would suck for CMs to show up only to find they can't get in.

Official Verbiage: "Updated: Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park."
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer
 
leeg229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
FYI - in addition to the Maingate block out, Cast IDs are also being blocked at MK on May 24th. The notice is on CenterStage (which is only accessible from a Disney computer).

Please pass the word as it would suck for CMs to show up only to find they can't get in.

Official Verbiage: "Updated: Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park."
After leap day last year I can honestly say I saw this coming. I'm not going to lay the blame squarely on the CPs, but there were several that got termed that night.
__________________
WDWCP Spring Adv 2012 Feb 6th - Aug 10th Hollywood Studios Merchandise- Sunset Animation
WDWCP Fall Adv 2013 May 13th - Jan 3rd 2014 Magic Kingdom Merchandise- Emporium
Part Time Magic Kingdom Emporium Area Trainer
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
FYI - in addition to the Maingate block out, Cast IDs are also being blocked at MK on May 24th. The notice is on CenterStage (which is only accessible from a Disney computer).

Please pass the word as it would suck for CMs to show up only to find they can't get in.

Official Verbiage: "Updated: Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park."
Wow - I was there (not a CM but with a CM; although I have an AP) and I have to say without the CMs in attendance it would have been pretty low attendance (at least in the areas we were). There were so many CMs there I felt like the party was mostly for them.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
leeg229
Mouseketeer
 
leeg229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Wow - I was there (not a CM but with a CM; although I have an AP) and I have to say without the CMs in attendance it would have been pretty low attendance (at least in the areas we were). There were so many CMs there I felt like the party was mostly for them.

Liz
That was low season though. This time around it's right in time for Memorial Day weekend and it's Star Wars Weekends also, which many people plan their vacations around. Idk, that's just my thought though..
__________________
WDWCP Spring Adv 2012 Feb 6th - Aug 10th Hollywood Studios Merchandise- Sunset Animation
WDWCP Fall Adv 2013 May 13th - Jan 3rd 2014 Magic Kingdom Merchandise- Emporium
Part Time Magic Kingdom Emporium Area Trainer
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
That was low season though. This time around it's right in time for Memorial Day weekend and it's Star Wars Weekends also, which many people plan their vacations around. Idk, that's just my thought though..
I think you are right about that. A lot of people start their vacation that weekend. It will be interesting to hear about it. I will be in town a couple of weeks before and the week after so I will miss it this time.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,797

Well this stinks! I was thinking about going
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Well this stinks! I was thinking about going
My daughter's roommate said she was told they can still use their e-tickets to go - if you have any of those available.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
Blue27
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2

Can anyone confirm that e-tickets can be used to enter on May 24th? My relative who is a CM gave me a pair that I was going to use on that day since they claim to have no block-out dates. But now that I hear CMs are blocked out that day, I fear that could include e-tickets. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Last edited by Blue27; 05-22-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Blue27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #9
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,641

So they can use their AP? My dd has one in case she plans on going. She uses her AP all the time I believe.
__________________
DVC 10/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #10
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue27 View Post
Can anyone confirm that e-tickets can be used to enter on May 24th? My relative who is a CM gave me a pair that I was going to use on that day since they claim to have no block-out dates. But now that I hear CMs are blocked out that day, I fear that could include e-tickets. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
Yes - Comp tickets can be used on Friday!
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
lego606
Mouseketeer
 
lego606's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 252

At least Florida CMs have other parks to go to o_O
__________________
Visit me at Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland!
lego606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.